(Topic ID: 287487)

Help choosing a Pinball Title

By C0nstantyne

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Help choosing a Pinball Title”

• Monster Bash Limited Edition 9 votes
      30%
    • Willy Wonka Collector's Edition 14 votes
      47%
    • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Limited Edition 7 votes
      23%

(Multiple choice - 30 votes by 27 Pinsiders)

This poll has been closed.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mikala.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from sammiesguys:

I own a MB and wouldn’t recommend it if you’re limiting your collection to 3.

At one time, I thought I had room for only three. I’m up to 12 now. There’s always room for one more.

#27 3 years ago

I have played well over 100+ games of MB. Love the heck out of it. Yes, just like any other game, once you get down the rule set a game can get boring, but MB is not that, especially if he has kids. I am a EM collector, so not many DMD or later SS interest me. I find MB to have that constant “just one more game” drive. In my opinion, MB should be his choice because it’s a great single player and a great 4 player competition game.

As for Wonka, here’s my experience from a friend who owned one for just 4 months.
    My friend bought a Wonka LE and was very excited with his purchase at first. Within the first two weeks a part broke and he had to wait for a new one from JJP. He installed the new part and was back up and running again. He called me and a couple friends over to play it. About two hours in of game playing, the machine went into a full hard crash. He went online and downloaded something from JJP to do a full reboot the machine. Reboot didn’t work. He eventually got the machine working again, but he said enough was enough and dumped the machine. He said for the money he paid for a NIB, the machine just wasn’t worth it for constant fixing.

My final advise to the OP is to consider, does he want a reliable game or a game that is constant trouble?

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

Hearing this trips me out. We have still been going out to eat and stuff since the beginning. Kids have actually been going to school since the beginning and I heard the other day some states will not go back this year. mind blowing to me that some states completely stopped.

I hear ya! My wife and I flew down to Florida to watch the Super Bowl in some form of normalcy. Outside in a bar. Been here five days, ate out in a restaurant every night. It’s weird that we have to go through these hoops just to feel normal. Thank G for Florida.

#41 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Huh? Your friend had tech issues with one build of Wonka so no one should buy it?
    Wonka is by far the better game on the list. As with any game, set up will influence redundancy.

I am not necessarily saying that. If someone has the know how to fix a newer game when it crashes, NP. I just expressed my opinion to the OP of other things for him to consider before making his purchase. If he is technical enough and wants to deal with a game breaking down, that’s his choice. We all have games breakdown at some point, it’s just how quick can we get them back up and flipping.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mikala.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-choosing-a-pinball-title?tu=Mikala and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.