Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hi - I have a BTTF that when I open the coin door and access the switch buttons, I cant get the game to go into the audit or adjustment mode. Normally, having the middle "forward/reverse" switch in the up position would allow me to access the audits/adjustments using the "step" switch. It appears that the game doesn't recognize whether the middle "forward/reverse" switch is in the up or down position. I didn't see any loose wires. Any suggestions? Anyone had this problem with a Data East machine before? Thanks in advance.

#2 10 years ago

Grab a meter, see if switches work, see if you have continuity of each switch wire to the board in the head. A break in the wiring, especially in the door harness could be your problem.

LTG : )

#3 10 years ago

Hi Lloyd - Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I'm a dumb ass and don't have a meter and wouldn't know how to use it if I did. I looked closely at the wiring and didn't see any breaks. I need to learn more about this.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Hi Lloyd - Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I'm a dumb ass and don't have a meter and wouldn't know how to use it if I did. I looked closely at the wiring and didn't see any breaks. I need to learn more about this.

You are no such thing. You are willing to learn, so you are ahead of the curve.

You can get a meter, or borrow one. YouTube is littered with short videos how to use a meter.

Sit at a table with a meter and a piece of wire and practice, then move onto a game.

LTG : )

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-cant-get-data-east-machine-into-auditadjustment-mode and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.