(Topic ID: 220952)

Help!!! Buying a new pin which do I buy?

By kingau

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Help!!! Buying a new pin which do I buy?”

• Star wars pro 7 votes
    19%
  • Star Trek pro 11 votes
    31%
  • Other pin 18 votes
    50%

(36 votes)

#1 5 years ago

Hi everyone

I need help on which to buy?

I have a GB pro, LOTR, GOTG pro... I have kids and I want to buy a new pin that's kid friendly.

My choices are SW pro, ST pro, or just wait for the next stern pin.. if you have any Ideas on a pin I should buy instead of these let me know why.

Thanks in advance

#2 5 years ago

Wait for The Munsters....

#3 5 years ago

AFMr? I know it is more expensive but the callouts are great and family friendly. Easy to understand rules but hard to complete. Puts a smile on my face and the kids as well every time we play it.

#4 5 years ago

I have a 6 year old and 10 year old. I just bought Iron Maiden Premium and Star Trem Premium. While Iron Maiden has some cartoon violence, it wasn't too much for my family. We are really loving it so far.

Star Trek is an awesome game as well. We watched the 2009/2013 reboot and have been playing the game a lot. But we all like Iron Maiden better.

The number one hit for my kids and their friends is BY FAR TNA. Simple rules, CO-OP. It's THE ONE.

#5 5 years ago

Something other than a stern spike, Perhaps WOZ?

#6 5 years ago

I know you said "New", but you could also consider a gently used Stern Spiderman. Great game and plenty kid friendly.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I have a 6 year old and 10 year old. I just bought Iron Maiden Premium and Star Trem Premium. While Iron Maiden has some cartoon violence, it wasn't too much for my family. We are really loving it so far.
Star Trek is an awesome game as well. We watched the 2009/2013 reboot and have been playing the game a lot. But we all like Iron Maiden better.
The number one hit for my kids and their friends is BY FAR TNA. Simple rules, CO-OP. It's THE ONE.

I took my kids to play Iron maiden and they didn't like it, but I'll give it another chance and play it again.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Something other than a stern spike, LOTR or TSPP would be excellent choices.

Of course I have a HUO LOTR, and it's one of the best pins I have.. the funny thing is I wanted a TSPP and by mistake got a LOTR pin and never looked back. I'll have TSPP one day.

#9 5 years ago

My kids are mostly theme driven to games favorates have been GB, hobbit, jurassic park and MM - MM is a good family choice, everybody likes the castle.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Atrain:

AFMr? I know it is more expensive but the callouts are great and family friendly. Easy to understand rules but hard to complete. Puts a smile on my face and the kids as well every time we play it.

maybe?

#11 5 years ago

Medieval or Attack remake

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Medieval or Attack remake

I agree. Both are a hit in my family.

#13 5 years ago

It’s more expensive, but I’d go with a JJP pin. We love our Hobbit and Dialed In. We also have a stern Star Trek pro and really enjoy it.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

It’s more expensive, but I’d go with a JJP pin. We love our Hobbit and Dialed In. We also have a stern Star Trek pro and really enjoy it.

I would love to own a JJP but the price is a bit over my budget... but man Dialed In is a work of art IMO!

#15 5 years ago

Is there any place close you can take them to play those games before buying? I thought for sure my daughter's would love Dialed In, but I was proved wrong once they played it! My oldest (13) does not like the Data East Star Wars, but loves STTNG. AFMr is also a good suggestion, but I just cannot bring myself to spend the $$ on it.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from cerberusdog:

Is there any place close you can take them to play those games before buying? I thought for sure my daughter's would love Dialed In, but I was proved wrong once they played it! My oldest (13) does not like the Data East Star Wars, but loves STTNG. AFMr is also a good suggestion, but I just cannot bring myself to spend the $$ on it.

Ya, I agree. You’ll want to try these before buying. After playing gotg, and sw at a local bowling alley they were so meh.

Mm, afm even waiting to see what is sterns next are good ideas. Or find an older game they like.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-buying-a-new-pin-which-do-i-buy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.