Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by gac
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0597 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gac.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Hi all - my Addams Family service box does not have a service outlet. I would like to add a snap-in outlet but want it to provide power only when the machine is turned on. I have a picture of the service box below. The white plastic box on the bottom is the cabinet switch that turns the game on and off. The black and white wires coming off the switch and going out the side of the service box run to the transformer in the game.
    If I get a prewired snap-in outlet complete with a black, white and green ground wire, can you tell me where each of the wires should be connected/spliced in? I'm thinking after the on/off switch before going out the side of the box to the transformer. Thanks for any help in advance.

IMG_0597 (resized).jpgIMG_0597 (resized).jpg

#2 5 years ago

Daytime bump

#4 5 years ago

Thanks for reaching out schudel5. Please excuse my ignorance in regards to all of this. I'm assuming the "load" side would be where the black and white wires come out on the bottom of the corcom filter box? Would you connect black to black and white to white before the switch or after the switch or doesnt it matter? Thanks again for your help.

#5 5 years ago

And yes you are correct... I'm looking to plug in a power strip into the new outlet to power some mods (led speaker panel, led lighted leg protectors, etc)

#7 5 years ago

Ok - so I'll connect into the black and white wires coming off the switch that go out the side of the service box.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Are you planning on soldering in your game with it turned on ?
    LTG : )

Hi Lloyd - I wasn't planning on it. Why do you ask?

#12 5 years ago

I'm not following you. Why did you think I would solder with the game turned on?

#13 5 years ago

I think i get it now... is it because of my thread title "machine -on only"?

#15 5 years ago

The mods are powered by 12V "wall worts" that will be plugged into the power strip that will be plugged into the newly installed service outlet.

#16 5 years ago

Thanks again schudel5 for your help.

#17 5 years ago

Would you have a suggestion or a preferred way to do the connection/splice?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gac.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-adding-a-service-outlet-in-my-service-box-machine-on-only?tu=gac and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.