• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
ACDC Table (resized).jpg
ACDC J7 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gameroompinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

In the middle of a game all my solenoids lost power. I checked the main board and the fuse was blown and the light under it was not lit. I replaced the fuse and the light underneath is still out. After I initiate a new game and check the fuse it is blown. Any ideas?

Thanks

#4 5 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions. I've been away for work and hopefully I'll be able to test it out tonight so I can report back.

#5 5 years ago

Ok here is the latest. Game off. I put a new 5A slo-blow fuse in F10. I turn the game on. Instantly the fuse lights up and blows. Any thoughts?

#7 5 years ago

Ok here is the latest. I followed robertmee suggestions. Power off. Unplugged J6 and J7. Replaced fuse F10. Turned game on. F10 light is on all is good. Next plugged flashers J6 in still good. Finally I plug in J7 low current solenoids. No solenoid activation sounds heard, but F10 fuse lights up orange and blows.
Ok now what’s next?

#10 5 years ago

Yes I have a DVM. I took a quick look at those and they visually looked clean. Please let me know what to check next.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Remove J7 and power off game. Put your meter on Ohms or Continuity. Put the Black lead of your meter under the ground braid in the backbox. With the red lead, check each pin of the J7 connector that you removed. You might need a paper clip attached to your lead to get into the hole. See if any of the pins reads very low ohms or close to 0, or has direct continuity to ground.
Next, with J7 connector still removed, and a new fuse, power up game to the state that it normally blows the fuse. With Meter on VDC, black lead under ground strap, put red lead on Pin 1 on the board of the J7 header, and you should measure 20VDC or close. Just verifying that you have 20V here first for next test. Now, with red lead on Pin 1, move your black lead and check each of the remaining pins on J7 board. They should all read mV or close to zero. If one of them reads 20V, then the transistor associated with that pin is shorted.

Excellent thank you! When I get home tonight I will try this and report back.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from gameroompinball:

Excellent thank you! When I get home tonight I will try this and report back.

Ok here is the latest. I went thru the first step fine. I put a new 5A fuse in, J7 unplugged, powered on the game. 20V on pin 1. Pins 2,3,4 0V. Pin 6 20v, pins 7, 8, 9, 10 0V. Looks like the culprit is transistor Q20. If you agree. I'll get one this week and install it.

#22 5 years ago

Maybe I'm missing it, but where can I see which coil is associated with it?

#24 5 years ago

So it appears that the flasher socket is shorted which seems odd

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gameroompinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-ac-dc-pro-all-coils-stopped-working?tu=gameroompinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.