(Topic ID: 70807)

Help a girl out with some EM-related gift ideas?

By looking4ideas

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Arcade
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th-734.jpeg
    #1 10 years ago

Hi guys!

I actually just made this account to ask for your help. My husband is a huge pinball guy -- loves to play pretty much everything, plays on his computer when he's not playing an actual machine, will drive long distances just to play certain machines...the works. Of his collection, he has one EM machine that he's restoring What with the holidays coming up, I wanted to try and get him something that he could use to work on it. He has a good supply of rubbers and he just waxed all his machines, but that's the kind of stuff I'm looking for -- rubbers, flippers, extra balls, etc. Anything you guys could point me towards in terms of maintaining an EM, or even any sort of pinball-related collectible stuff would be wonderful -- I'm not at all sure where to start looking.

He also has two system 11 tables, but those are in better working order -- the EM is the one that he's still really working on, and that he'll be spending the most time maintaining this winter, I think.

I'm sorry for the vagueness regarding which machine it is, but he spends a lot of time on Pinside and I don't want him to recognize himself in this post. (This is also why I made a throwaway account, on my part.) If it's important to you to know which machine, could you send me a private message and I'll specify?

Thanks a bunch in advance! (And I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong place or anything.)

#2 10 years ago

Here's a good site for lots of pinball related stuff-
    http://arcadenovelties.com/

Not specific to fixing/maintaining games, but lots of pinheads would like t-shirts, clocks, mugs etc. with their favorite games/makers on them. Nice that you care enough to come on here and ask!

#3 10 years ago

The Laseriffic bumper caps are VERY cool. Wall art, light or clock.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wall-decorations

#4 10 years ago

It would be funny if he responded to your post.

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from Carl_694:

It would be funny if he responded to your post.

Or the best way to get what you want.

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from looking4ideas:

He has a good supply of rubbers and he just waxed all his machines,

So......still looking for ideas? Or did you answer your own question?

#7 10 years ago

On a more serious note:
    Parts tumbler - $60-80
    Penguin Dolly $350
    Gift Card to Harbor Freight ???
    Ultrasonic Cleaner $60-80
    Trouble Light $25
    Solder Station $50 - 250

#8 10 years ago

I'm not sure if Pinball Resource does gift certificates, but as an Em guy I know I'd love to get one for Christmas.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

I'm not sure if Pinball Resource does gift certificates, but as an Em guy I know I'd love to get one for Christmas.

me too...

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from stashyboy:

Here's a good site for lots of pinball related stuff-
    http://arcadenovelties.com/
    Not specific to fixing/maintaining games, but lots of pinheads would like t-shirts, clocks, mugs etc. with their favorite games/makers on them. Nice that you care enough to come on here and ask!

Start out with one of theses cover girls t shirts

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

The Laseriffic bumper caps are VERY cool. Wall art, light or clock.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wall-decorations

I was going to suggest these, available at pinball life- also comes as a clock!
    http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3170

#12 10 years ago

pinballlife.com or Marcos gift card

#13 10 years ago

One for each machine.........My favorite mod on any pinball machine...........Place to put the drink!
    http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1260

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from cougtv:

One for each machine.........My favorite mod on any pinball machine...........Place to put the drink!
    http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1260

Great call, something you always want but then don't really want to shell out the money for (at least in my case.)

#15 10 years ago

Yep...I like the cup holder idea too! I can't imagine PBR doing a gift certificate....I think it would be called a check

I think it's pretty cool that you are doing this though! Any chance you can get together with my wife (oh wait, this could be my wife! ......I love you honey!)

#16 10 years ago

One/two thing(s) that may be of use for an EM-

FlexStone Switch files (these are cheap but not for the most part used on newer games)

If you think he would enjoy, you can pretty much convert any EM game to LEDs by just buying the bulbs and throwing them in. So a gift certificate to one of the many LED suppliers would be a possibility, but some people don't like LED in EM games... may want to check on this first from a personal preference stand point. I personally would LOVE that gift, its easy, goes into the game in maybe 1 hr total to do the whole game and instantly can change the look of the whole thing. But check first

#17 10 years ago

He has a good supply of rubbers

There's nothing wrong with getting children into the hobby, BTW...

#18 10 years ago

What with the holidays coming up, I wanted to try and get him something that he could use to work on it.

This is always a great helper.
    th-734.jpegth-734.jpeg

#20 10 years ago

How about a mental evaluation before he looses the rest of his mind and falls head first into this hobby.

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

Steve doesn't issue a card. He just applies the money to your account - as a credit. The gift giver just makes up a gift certificate. My wife has done this many times over the years.

#22 10 years ago

That's cool. Steve called me one day a few years back asking if I had just applied a large credit to my account. I told him no but secretly hoped someone had in my honor. It turned out to be a guy from Europe with the same name. Boy was I excited for a brief moment.

#23 10 years ago

Kim?
    Is this you?
    lol.
    Can't hurt to dream, right?

#24 10 years ago

Yeah, my top three choices would be:

1) Gift certificate to Pinball Resource (or as someone upthread said, a credit applied to your account there)
    2) A big red and green neon sign that says "PINBALL TIME" in all caps or something like that
    3) A beverage holder for each machine

#25 10 years ago

Oh my goodness, you guys are awesome! I'm posting from work so I have to be sneaky, so I can't reply to everyone individually. (This is also why I haven't replied until now.)

I think I'm going to go with the cupholders, because we don't have those and the machines are in the basement where there's not a ton of spots to put a drink.

Thanks for all your help, guys -- I had no idea this would get this many responses! (And sorry to the guys who asked if this is their wife...it thankfully looks like my boy hasn't found this thread yet. But point them this way and we can form some sort of Pinball Widows league or something, haha!)

#26 10 years ago

Your my wife right?... oh wait I'm not married carry on

#27 10 years ago

Cupholders are great, but you know what your husband really wants, right?

Another pinball machine.

Heh heh

#28 10 years ago

I thought I might be the lucky man until the cup holders were mentioned. I already have on all my games. Great gift and great gal what a lucky guy

#29 10 years ago

I would suggest changing the thread title by clicking edit post and changing to remove that way it isn't discovered.

#30 10 years ago

the machines are in the basement

Well, I'm out.
    No basement

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-a-girl-out-with-some-em-related-gift-ideas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.