11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by RawleyD
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider haumana.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

I am super stoked that I just picked up a DE Rocky & Bullwinkle. It was a little dirty, but a little cleaner and polish made the colors really pop again. I wanted to access the service mode so I could check out the switches and lamps testing stuff, but I can't seem to get the machine to enter into it. I have the original service manual, tried various things, even tested the two service switches for continuity, etc. No matter I do, I can't get it into service mode. What am I missing?

The seller said that he just got the game board back from service (he didn't say what the problem was that required service).

I'm not pin tech by any means, but I'm not luddite either.

help!!

#13 11 years ago

thanks for all your responses.

i will recheck the wiring connections to make sure they are all well seated.

when i press either of the two buttons, or both at the same time, nothing happens. the screen still goes through it typical animation. i cannot access the diagnostics/service/audit mode at all.

the machine functions as if in standard arcade mode, 50 cents per play, the only way to add credits is to drop quarters or to manually work the coin mechanism. i suck at pinball, so ideally i would like to set the pin to easy, with 5 balls per credit. please, no flaming about how thats cheating when it get better i'll reset the machine. hahaha.

#14 11 years ago

WooHoo! You guys are the bomb!

As suggested, I opened up the back box, visually chased the wires and voila! one of the plugs was not attached to the mobo. I don't know how i totally missed that. Ugh

Now I set the game to "I totally suck at pinball/noob" mode and play until I develop carpal tunnel syndrome!

Mahalo for everything!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

3,900 (OBO)
$ 18.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.50
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider haumana.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-a-girl-out-rocky-bullwinkle-service-access?tu=haumana and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.