(Topic ID: 102806)

Help a DMD guy pick an EM? (Update: Picked!)

By Aurich

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 182 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by KingNine
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN3053.JPG
DSCN3049.JPG
IMG_20140930_185422_036.jpg
IMG_20140930_185321_698.jpg
IMG_20140930_185308_807.jpg
image.jpg
0441-2011-0443_1.jpg
IMG_20140925_202612_522.jpg
291516-i.jpg
master-po.jpg
th-592.jpeg
image-993.jpg
pinball cop.JPG
3814.JPG
1_zps712e6cab.jpg
Abra Ca Dabra 001.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingnine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#162 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Congrats on the Abra!
my personal 70's fav's right now
Abra Ca Dabra
Atlantis
El Dorado
Jacks Open
Dimension or 2001

Great line up there. I have 2001 (wasn't expecting to like it as much as I do. I go back to it again over and over) Had an Atlantis before I was really into EM's years ago and didn't know how to work on them so we sold it. I'm still kicking myself over that one.

Also, Team One is the sister to Abracadabra and is the add a ball. The art of Abra blows it away but the add a ball is more fun IMO.

#182 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Heh, I do know better than to make broad sweeping pronouncements (one pin will be enough!) but I really enjoy modern, deep, games. I have no real interest right now in trading them out for EMs. Maybe if I wanted to let Elvira go I could go from System 11 to an EM, but I'd be more likely to find an 80s solid state if I wanted "old school" swapping.
I just like pinball. Would I like to put another wedgehead next to ACD? Sure! I'll keep an eye out for something fun. But I don't have the space to really have a large EM collection without giving up games I'm not really interested in losing.
The hunt is half the fun, I'll just take it as it comes, no need to make grand plans.

It's hard to plan. You just have to be open to what comes available. We have run so many games through our collection just taking in games as we find them then turning the ones we don't won't in the permanent collection over to others that do like them. I said I'd never own early 80's solid states and now have 3 so never say never. I like our collection and think it is very diverse.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Downingtown, PA
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

2,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Barnstable, MA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingnine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-a-dmd-guy-pick-an-em?tu=kingnine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.