Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

147008004_2529575440669704_5862745168374030833_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Atariforever.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I am working on repairing my Atlantis pinball machine and need a little assistance.
This was a non-working machine ; but now I have the game mostly working.
-The game starts now and plays through the 5 balls - all targets/rollovers scoring as they should.
- The issue i am having is with the stepper that controls the 1-9 advancing .
- The game starts with the #1 light lit up -as it should on start up. When the ball rolls over the #1 you score the 3000 points but the light does not change to the #2. The stepper does not advance.
- I have cleaned the stepper unit and the stepper moves freely/ not gummed up; I can manually advance the unit by hand- I can advance the 1-9 lights manually and then the special lights up. When you start a new game the stepper resets back to #1 light.
--I do not have the schematic for this game.
-- I have checked/cleaned the "E" relay that is for the 3000 points and advancing the sequence. The "E" relay pulls in and the score motor turns; but the stepper does not even attempt to move.. I know the power is going to the unit because it resets back to the #1 spot when you manually advance it. The start up sequence triggers the unit to reset back to the #1 position fine.
-- I guess i would like to know what switch on the score motor actually triggers the stepper unit to advance?

#7 3 years ago

Thank you very much for the help..... To test I put a jumper on the sl/red wire on the "E" relay and back to the score motor 4C switch. This triggered the stepper to move. I re-examined the "E" relay switches and they were fine ; but the switch on the score motor was just a little bit off. I re-adjusted the score motor 4C switch and the stepper moved when tested in a game. Played about 20 games and had no issues with the 1-9 stepper, all the advances/specials work fine. The top roll overs, the 3 right side targets and the 1-9 rollovers all working fine. .... Thank you this issue is solved.
The only thing left now to work out is the credit unit. On start up the credit wheel subtracts all the credits every time. You could have 10 credits on the unit and start the game- it subtracts all of them, a mystery ; But almost done...off to examine the credit unit...

#9 3 years ago

yes ,all the credits at once...straight to zero- super fast.

#11 3 years ago

I removed the credit unit and had a closer look. You were correct the pawl and all surrounding areas were very dirty. That pawl section was full of old grease/gummed up and not moving. I gave the entire unit a good cleaning and was then able to manually move everything. I re-installed in the game and it worked perfect. I could add credits with ease and on game start up, it only subtracted one credit.... fixed.. the game is now 100%
What a great form this is. Many very helpful people. Thank you

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Atariforever.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-1975-gottlieb-atlantis-1-9-rollover-stepper-not-advancing?tu=Atariforever and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.