7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Mopar
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Stepper units (resized).jpg
    Game over relay (resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

Hello,

I have a 1950's CCM Shuffle Bowler (puck) that was working fine until I moved it out of my friend's basement to my garage.

If I try coining up when "Game Over" is lit, the machine goes through it's reset cycle - score reels, pins, and reset bank. But the game over relay in the reset bank does not stay down. If I manually press it down, it buzzes. If I reset the stepper unit in the backbox (bottom right one in the picture), the game coins up fine and the game over relay stays down allowing me to play. I can play up to 6 players, score reels all work - or try to - #6 is dirty. All three stepper units seem to move easily and without bind, both the step up and reset.

Is there a closed switch somewhere? Score reels not resetting all the way to zero?

TIA

Game over relay (resized).jpgGame over relay (resized).jpg

Stepper units (resized).jpgStepper units (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago
    Quoted from midcoastsurf:

If I reset the stepper unit in the backbox (bottom right one in the picture), the game coins up

Hi.
    Don't have that game, but would suspect a reset relay contact to be faulty, or a score motor switch. guessing.
    What is the step unit on the bottom right in the bbox?
    do you have the schematic?

Quoted from midcoastsurf:Score reels not resetting all the way to zero?

That would be a visual thing... do they?

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from midcoastsurf:

If I reset the stepper unit in the backbox

I suspect that's the Frame-Step-Up Unit, correct? It's not resetting at the start up of a game.
    I'm thinking other Step Up reset coils run off the same score motor contacts and apparently
    those other reset coils are energizing. So I would first inspect that Frame Unit's Step Up reset coil..

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-1950s-ccm-shuffle-bowler-game-over-relay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.