(Topic ID: 200918)

Help!

By Charlie2

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hi, I’m new to this forum, so I hope I posted in the right spot. I was a Tales From the Crypt Pinball machine. When you turn it on, it lights up but no display and nothing happens. I had a repairman come in. He replaced the motherboard and a rectifier in the power supply. It started working. But, now stopped agai doing exactly the same thing $700 later. This time, if I leave it on for a few minutes, it may start working. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. Can anyone help? It seems like it was neither the motherboard nor the rectifier.

#2 6 years ago

If the repair was recent, did you contact the tech that did the work?
Is there a warranty on his work?
Could be as easy as a fuse, but for $700 the guy should at least get on the phone with you and try to walk you through a few things...

#3 6 years ago

I suggest you call that repair man back!

Sounds like you were charged needlessly.

#4 6 years ago

Tell him to change the whole power supply too.For 700$ are lot of money if the parts are second hand,if they are new the price may be right but your problem didn't change,so your MPU board may be working and you may want refund of the money.

#5 6 years ago

I had to by the MPU directly from the manufacturer That was $300. His labor was $430. He came once to diagnose it. Once to install the board and it started working. Then it stopped working the next day. He sent a worker who couldn’t fix it. Then he came again and replaced the rectifier in the power supply. It worked again for 2 days, then stopped again. It turns on, but almost seems like it needs to warm up - it may start after 30 seconds, sometimes 2 minutes but most times not at all. I called the repair guy and am waiting for him to call me back. I though maybe someone on this forum could suggest what the problems might be. I’m on Long Island - labor here is $125/hour. Yeah - I know - I should move

#6 6 years ago

Lights up but no display sounds like a fuse is blown. Check all the fuses on the power board and the ppb board by removing from the circuit and checking for continuity with a multi meter.

I was repeatedly having something similar In my Last Action Hero, and I had a failed transistor on the ppb, and a melted coil in the kickback. Don't know which happened first, but it was repeatedly blowing fuses and affecting other circuits.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 64.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 15.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.