• Latest reply 7 years ago by EMagic
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20161005_174408966 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

Hi, I am from Minnesota. I am new to pins and to the forum. My fiance got me started on these with an old gottlieb EM game her father bought years ago and I have been watching for games ever since. Last night I picked up an Eros 1 in need of some work, and tonight I am picking up a gottlieb volcano that is a good player with minimal issues.

The volcano has one pop bumper not working and a bad credit display.

The Eros 1 needs a new set of rubbers (on the way already) and a remote battery holder.

From what I can tell there is no real battery rot in either machine.

The Eros may have other issues, I just don't know yet. The top glass is kind of stuck on the machine and I have to figure that out first.

#2 7 years ago

Have fun...and welcome to the hobby of empty wallets.

#3 7 years ago

Welcome!

#4 7 years ago

Welcome to pinside!

#5 7 years ago

Welcome my friend, to the wonderful world of pinball.

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Pinwiki has information that may help you, as well as all the great people here.

LTG : )

#6 7 years ago

Welcome

Quoted from Drtheo:

The volcano has one pop bumper not working and a bad credit display.

For pop bumpers, I usually look at the switch to make sure the contacts are clean and adjusted properly. Then, I look at the small pop bumper board. Swap it around with a known working pop bumper board in your game and see if the same pop bumper still refuses to work, or if the problem follows the board, and causes a different pop bumper to stop working (while at the same time, causes the original pop bumper to start working).

Quoted from Drtheo:

and a bad credit display.

There are several different symptoms of malfunctioning displays. What exactly are the symptoms?

There are some common problems and solutions on pinwiki: http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gottlieb_System_80#Display_Problems

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Drtheo:

I am new to pins and to the forum.

Welcome and just so you know the first people that reached out to you are some of the most knowledgeable (Forceflow, LTG, Flashinstinct) and helpful in this hobby. Anything they share with you is awesome because they are some of the good guys in this Hobby. Be courteous to them and others that reach out to share there knowledge and experience and your pins will be on there way to "10k" by they end of the year!!!!

#8 7 years ago

Get out while you still have a savings account lol. Welcome to pinside where all your pinball dreams can come true.

#10 7 years ago

Welcome to Pinside, Drtheo! Eros One looks awesome. Any pictures of either? Would be cool!

Good luck and have fun! Feel free to ask any questions.

#11 7 years ago

Thanks for the warm welcome. Here is the Eros 1

IMG_20161005_174408966 (resized).jpgIMG_20161005_174408966 (resized).jpg

#12 7 years ago

We bagged another one!!!

#13 7 years ago

The tilt light is always on, player 1 score flickers sometimes, player 2 score has not come on, and it dimly reads ball 1 in play.

I was hoping if I dropped a quarter in it, it would reset and function, however that is not the case.

#14 7 years ago

I also checked the main tilt Bob and the coin door tilt leaf the are both clear

#15 7 years ago

I would say the first one is free but that is usually not the case!

Welcome!!

1 week later
#17 7 years ago

I just got an Eros One and a Circa 1933, both not working. Never worked on games before and have no clue, but at least with this i am starting small

My Eros One playfield is a little rough, the paint is starting to come off...going to have to see what I can do about that too.

#18 7 years ago

Welcome Drtheo, as previously mentioned I've been a member on here for a little over a month and have found that this site has some of the best people in the hobby and there is always someone willing to help and give advice. Good luck

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hello-new-to-pins-and-the-forum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.