(Topic ID: 184995)

Hello Fellow Pinheads! (New Member Here!)

By g0nz0

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by RWH
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

I just wanted to post here and introduce myself. My name is Steven and I am from Danville, VA. I have been a long time lover of pinball. I was (and still am) an arcade fanatic. During the 80's & 90's I was more into the video games and never understood pinball so I ignored it.

Later in life I discovered the gameplay/objectives of pinball and fell in love with it. I consider myself a fairly decent player. I mainly play a lot on Pinball Arcade due to not having any machines im my local area sadly and I don't have the money right to really buy a machine that I want. (Something from the 90's is my future dream and goal!). But I do occasionally stumble across some real machines and play anytime I can.

Well last night I finally purchased my first machine!! I got a great deal on a 1963 Williams Skill Pool Machine. This generation machine is a lot more basic than I really wanted but I am so thrilled to finally own one.

Currently it just lights up and makes a few quick reel noises (seems to be credit wheel "attempting" to turn) but it doesn't start the game. Nothing on playfield is responsive, and flippers do not work. I know some basic electronics and I understand the inside to a degree and I have been researching EM machine repair videos like crazy, so I HOPE to play it soon. Once I get it running I also plan a nice restoration of the entire machine.

A big part of me actually enjoys this process even more. Sure I could have saved up longer and bought one that worked and started playing immediately but in doing it this way I believe I will not only learn more about the inner workings but I will form some type of strange bond to the machine. Or I will fail and resale.

So I believe in the end my overall appreciation will be greater. So I plan to spend more time here getting to know everyone and hopefully I can get some help from you guys during my repair if need be!

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope to get to know some of you guys. I hear the pin community is a close family!

#2 7 years ago

Welcome Steven. Great EM section here to help you. Enjoy the fun of pinball and learning more about your game.

LTG : )

#3 7 years ago

Welcome sir, enjoy the info Pinside has to offer.

#4 7 years ago

have fun & enjoy!

#5 7 years ago

welcome!

#6 7 years ago

Glad to have a newbe!! have fun!!!

#7 7 years ago

Hello Fellow Pinheads! (New Member Here!)

Welcome

#8 7 years ago

Greetings and salutations, Steven.

#9 7 years ago

Ah, another EM member.

A very nice first game to have.

Welcome to the addiction.

#10 7 years ago

WELCOME!

#11 7 years ago

Welcome !! New EM member that is very cool. Those are usually the most fun at parties.

#12 7 years ago

Welcome to pinside Steven!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hello-fellow-pinheads-new-member-here and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.