Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 73 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by stewdogg
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

36DF33D2-89E9-4F2E-8AAC-65A5186CE480 (resized).png
    IMG_3905 (resized).jpg
    Photo May 06, 4 28 12 PM (resized).jpg
    South Branch (resized).jpg
    Photo Jan 22, 6 36 14 PM (resized).jpg
    F1C7DABD-03A7-41F6-B464-AA0CA8F4C290 (resized).jpeg
    Pinball Tips Poster (resized).png
    7037B9F6-3F9B-4D81-8992-63C0C1610208 (resized).jpeg
    Bank of Pinball Front Doors After (resized).jpg
    Bank of Pinball Front Doors Before (resized).jpeg
    The next two (resized).jpg
    BoP (resized).jpg
    PXL_20211203_220410078 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider black_knight.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 2 years ago

Good Luck!

We opened our place in May and have had a great year so far.

Place looks great. Make sure you get some older games if your customers are more casual. New sterns are intimidating to non pinheads and they give up quick. My EMs and SSs get as much if not more play than modern machines.

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from Niterider:

Well, he's been trying to convince me to bring up my Indiana Jones, Twilight Zone, Elvira and the Party Monsters and Doctor Who to add to the overall lineup.
    He hasn't succeeded yet...

You learn your customer demos pretty quick. If it's pinheads then those machines and Sterns will do great.

I am in a tourist town and get mostly casuals, so <$2K machines keep people as busy as $7K Sterns or a $10K IJ. Good pinhead machines don't always make for good machines in my place. Iron Maiden is a bust JP OK, I sold my DP and Avengers because they got low marks. I have a few rando EMs that are getting worn out cause kids love bells.

Must have a TAF, as everyone that comes in played one in College, so they are willing to reminisce.

I've got about 30 machines and my target is 1/3 modern 1/3 Classics and 1/3 cheapos. But I could probably do 50% cheapos and no one would notice.

Mix them up physically and they will all get played. As long as they play 100% and are clean, everyone has a good time.

You guys selling beer or food?

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from Niterider:

We are exploring some options there.

Should have been your first option. You won’t make rent on machines only.

Quoted from rotordave:

A line up of all new pins would be scary to a lot of old timers I reckon.

Old timers and kids. EMs and SSs are way more approachable.

You guys doing coin drop or hourly?

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from oldbaby:

I've never heard anyone say that kids like older games more. I'm a little skeptical, but I could believe that.

Well they will start any game, but I watch what they finish or go back to. Avengers and Turtles just have too many things going on, they are attracted by the theme but get lost quickly. They can keep up with my wedgeheads and keep going back.

I charge $15 for the day, so they will wander around and start a lot of games, so maybe coin drop would create different behavior.

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from gorditas:

Is there a reason that your bar is not listed as a location on the Pinmap? I just found you there as a Pinsider. I was in ATL for training for two months, I hit a few locations. I would have gladly driven up to your place, had I known it was there!

We are - https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/15032-vertigo-pinball-blue-ridge-ga

We are about 90 miles north of ATL, so you need to expand the map a bit

Its a tourist location so would have been great for a weekend that you didn't go home.

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from Niterider:

If we wanted to open just another bar...

Pinball and beer isn't just another bar in most places.

PM me for my contact info, happy to share my learnings over the last year.

I'm a pinhead, tournament player, long time collector, and pretty stubborn, but there are a few things you need to get right in order to make enough money to stay open and be happy doing it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider black_knight.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hello-bank-of-pinball-opening-in-terre-haute-indiana?tu=black_knight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.