Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 373 posts
  • 117 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by cdnpinbacon
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7156FADD-9D37-4315-B19F-BA069DDB2895 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20190604-210446 (resized).png
    G (resized).jpg
    andy (resized).jpg
    pee wee dinosaurs (resized).jpg
    ScreenShot902_thumb (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    58128546450__9E0341BD-FCF5-4334-84A5-A5235D8DB342 (resized).jpeg
    skell.gif
    IMG_5223 (resized).JPG
    599BE5E3-C2D6-47F5-9D5D-FF58A9144888 (resized).png
    405CD7DB-BC53-41DC-AAEE-11690AFC2F5B (resized).png
    Untitled.jpg
    IMG_20190603_104252 (resized).jpg
    D5456DD1-626C-4D92-ACC2-6B0F4AB649E9 (resized).jpeg
    E871A9AA-B5D2-421D-89F3-438AB890D09A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wesman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#211 4 years ago

Would a moderator be able to move this thread, and all future ones like it, to the classifieds section?

This thread became or was initially started with the intent of marketing a product based solely on the low female to high male ratio on this forum. Let's just make that assumption based on what's transpired in this thread and the one after this one by the OP.

We're all aware this thread, and the now subsequent giveaway threads, wouldn't have blown up if a user named "pinupdude75" would have inquired about visibility on the forum. That inquiry would have been followed by a few helpful or sarcastic posts, then left idle.

Maybe we could all regain some dignity, OP included, and people like myself that have read or posted within this thread, by relegating it to it's proper place.

#240 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinupgirl1975:

buzz and who doesn't like discounts and cool people??? Here you go 15% off! Coupon CODE: PINSIDE

Yes, not at all sexist to bait and use a thread for advertising. Your tone and intent is clearly rooted in using your gender, buffed with a photo (Seriously what percentage of men have their photo as their avatar? Clearly you doing so is direct testament as to intent.) with the initiative to garner attention, and then advertise and sell product based on the gender pool dynamics existing within pinball. That's fairly gross, and outright offensive to people that value ethical business, as well as female pinheads that wish to engender respect not on account of their gender, but sans relying on it.

Apologies if I insulted your grimy business tactics. If your intention was to see if your presence could be noticed in threads, a quick question in an existing thread could have immediately cleared that up. Rather you've "now" chosen the option to open new threads to specifically advertise, after baiting with this one.

I've said my peace, and defended and elaborated on my stance. I know I won't buy from the company you represent so shamelessly, using your gender for a quick buck. No thank you.

#308 4 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Come on people, why is everyone so incredibly suspicious? Some of you really need to read the Pinside rules again, especially rule #1.
    Or just don't post if you've got nothing nice to say.
    I will say that Pingraffix makes some really cool products, check out their shop: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1018-pingraffix-pinside-shop
    And yes, I will confirm that Gina is real. Satisfied now?

I can only speak for myself Robin, but for me it's more a matter of intent, than authenticity of identity. Using a fairly flirty and giggling demeanor, and then directly asking for a sale from a forum user after providing proof of identity, doesn't exactly instill a platform of respect towards from her to her customers, more manipulation of her gender for more sales. That to me doesn't create goodwill, it establishes a manipulation of sexuality for cash. Would this same approach succeed or fail if a male user approached in the same manner?

atari_daze I will do it...if you buy something from PinGraffix.com today LOL

What are you buying from PinGraffix atari_daze ?[quoted image]

Decrying sexism towards myself then posting in a manner evoking victimization immediately after being questioned on the legitimacy of intent, as a salesperson, should ideally be met with care and scrutiny from that salesperson, rather than scorn, and accusation towards a thoughtful fellow forum member, and potential customer. To further that point, I have purchased two machines in the past year, a series of protective products for those machines, and never once have those transactions involved giggles and playful flirtation from the seller towards myself, sellers that have been both female and male.

To engender respect as any user on a forum, means first to command it oneself.

I'm certain everyone on this board wants pinball to succeed, expand, and prosper. To do so, we need larger demographics than the existing one, one that's aging and fairly specific. But to expand that in a way that is done with dignity, needs to be done in a manner where gender, age, ethnicity, sexuality, relgion, etc, isn't at the core of why and how we express our love for the hobby. Ideally, we all look at each other first and foremost, as people that love the hobby. When we approach it any different way, we lesson the dignity of the interest, as our motivations shift, and stir from areas that may create bias one way or the other.

Female or Male, we are all unique, and have value here. A male user that might be a paraplegic from Spain, has as much value as a female user that is an avid Beatles fan from New Zealand. Our primary draw for conversation towards both users is their love of pinball, not region, age, gender, sexuality, etc.

To give preference or devalue a person based on one aspect of who a person is, is discrimination by definition.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wesman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hello-am-i-invisible-?tu=wesman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.