Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 373 posts
  • 117 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by cdnpinbacon
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7156FADD-9D37-4315-B19F-BA069DDB2895 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20190604-210446 (resized).png
    G (resized).jpg
    andy (resized).jpg
    pee wee dinosaurs (resized).jpg
    ScreenShot902_thumb (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    58128546450__9E0341BD-FCF5-4334-84A5-A5235D8DB342 (resized).jpeg
    skell.gif
    IMG_5223 (resized).JPG
    599BE5E3-C2D6-47F5-9D5D-FF58A9144888 (resized).png
    405CD7DB-BC53-41DC-AAEE-11690AFC2F5B (resized).png
    Untitled.jpg
    IMG_20190603_104252 (resized).jpg
    D5456DD1-626C-4D92-ACC2-6B0F4AB649E9 (resized).jpeg
    E871A9AA-B5D2-421D-89F3-438AB890D09A (resized).jpeg

There are 373 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.
    #301 4 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

And yes, I will confirm that Gina is real. Satisfied now?

Party pooper.

#302 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

I fell in love with my wife Jelane as I watched her play Pinbot at a Putt-Putt Golf in Kettering, OH almost 30 years ago. She locked a ball during multiball, then shot the ramp for a 3 million Solar Value jackpot, beating my measly 2.6 million with a final score of over 4.2 million. That my friend is pure love. I am sorry if you think I need or want any other woman on this planet. Come to Expo in Chicago and look us up this year and I will introduce you to her. She currently holds the MB champion on our MBrLE, the penultimate pinball machine we bought (together) at the last Expo. Maybe you should chat up the OP instead of me, because your game of attacking the other dweebs in this thread seams just as lame an attempt imo.

Hey now!! :-/=I'm just having a little fun, chief. Nothing serious, so lighten up. And I never said anything to any of the other so called "dweebs", so I really dont know what you're talking about in regards to my other posts because they're arent any.
    Ultimately this whole thread was a sham, so I'm just playing along.

#303 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Now that is hilarious!

Don't be fooled. The camera adds 300lbs.

#304 4 years ago

Good grief. I swear some in Pinside belong on the INCEL forums instead of in here. No wonder next to no women want to be here.

#305 4 years ago
    Quoted from Green-Machine:

My wife is on pinside as a man. Seriously[quoted image]

I take that back! I guess she’s a pinball

#306 4 years ago
    599BE5E3-C2D6-47F5-9D5D-FF58A9144888 (resized).png599BE5E3-C2D6-47F5-9D5D-FF58A9144888 (resized).png
    #307 4 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

Hey now!! :-/=I'm just having a little fun, chief.

So am I, And don’t call me chief. I never made it that far in the Navy before I got out and yes, I am a dweeb, spaz, nerd, pinhead, squid, bubblehead, non-comm, air-wasting, water wasting, retired enlisted submarine sailor. According to the ROTC Officer orientation manual, we are sly, cunning, devious, and not to be trusted. Ymmv.

#308 4 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Come on people, why is everyone so incredibly suspicious? Some of you really need to read the Pinside rules again, especially rule #1.
    Or just don't post if you've got nothing nice to say.
    I will say that Pingraffix makes some really cool products, check out their shop: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1018-pingraffix-pinside-shop
    And yes, I will confirm that Gina is real. Satisfied now?

I can only speak for myself Robin, but for me it's more a matter of intent, than authenticity of identity. Using a fairly flirty and giggling demeanor, and then directly asking for a sale from a forum user after providing proof of identity, doesn't exactly instill a platform of respect towards from her to her customers, more manipulation of her gender for more sales. That to me doesn't create goodwill, it establishes a manipulation of sexuality for cash. Would this same approach succeed or fail if a male user approached in the same manner?

Quoted from pinupgirl1975:

atari_daze I will do it...if you buy something from PinGraffix.com today LOL

What are you buying from PinGraffix atari_daze ?[quoted image]

Decrying sexism towards myself then posting in a manner evoking victimization immediately after being questioned on the legitimacy of intent, as a salesperson, should ideally be met with care and scrutiny from that salesperson, rather than scorn, and accusation towards a thoughtful fellow forum member, and potential customer. To further that point, I have purchased two machines in the past year, a series of protective products for those machines, and never once have those transactions involved giggles and playful flirtation from the seller towards myself, sellers that have been both female and male.

To engender respect as any user on a forum, means first to command it oneself.

I'm certain everyone on this board wants pinball to succeed, expand, and prosper. To do so, we need larger demographics than the existing one, one that's aging and fairly specific. But to expand that in a way that is done with dignity, needs to be done in a manner where gender, age, ethnicity, sexuality, relgion, etc, isn't at the core of why and how we express our love for the hobby. Ideally, we all look at each other first and foremost, as people that love the hobby. When we approach it any different way, we lesson the dignity of the interest, as our motivations shift, and stir from areas that may create bias one way or the other.

Female or Male, we are all unique, and have value here. A male user that might be a paraplegic from Spain, has as much value as a female user that is an avid Beatles fan from New Zealand. Our primary draw for conversation towards both users is their love of pinball, not region, age, gender, sexuality, etc.

To give preference or devalue a person based on one aspect of who a person is, is discrimination by definition.

#309 4 years ago

I think this thread needs a

IMG_5223 (resized).JPGIMG_5223 (resized).JPG
    #310 4 years ago

wesman Yes, PLEASE let's talk to robin about intent shall we?

I'VE BROKEN NO RULES EXCEPT BEING A FEMALE ON A PINBALL COMMUNITY WEBSITE

LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!

As stated under the community rules under the WHAT NOT TO DO SECTION.

https://pinside.com/pinball/help/pinsidecom-community-rules

=====

What Not to Do

Whether you’re a first timer or an old timer, there are certain rules everyone must follow. Here are a few things that Pinsiders need to avoid.

Flaming, baiting, trolling or otherwise inflammatory comments: These are all slightly different actions that share one thing in common, they stir-up trouble. So please don’t post things that are angry or mean-spirited (flaming), challenge others into heated arguments (baiting/inflammatory comments), or hop from thread to thread typing provocative things (trolling). It’s a waste of your time, our time, and ultimately damages our community.

====

#312 4 years ago

Internet harassment, also referred to as “cyberbullying”, is the term used to describe the use of the Internet to harass, threaten, or maliciously embarrass. .

#313 4 years ago
    skell.gifskell.gif
    #314 4 years ago

Jesus fucking christ

#315 4 years ago

Catfish
    Catfish
    Catfish

#316 4 years ago

And I thought social dis function was bad before the internet. Holy cow!

#317 4 years ago

In before the lock!

#318 4 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Do share.
    A handful of us are doctors & lawyers, cops & robbers....and the rest of us are board certified therapists.

...and some of us are just plain certified...

#319 4 years ago

Time for me to jump in here.
    Gina just use the ignore feature and don't feed the trolls...
    At this point...this is getting way out of hand. First of all, Gina is my family.
    She is very passionate about anything she gets into ..that's just the way she is..and me as well. Sorry, you can't handle that.
    Most of you know me from the shows and emails and just plain hanging out playing pinball.
    I am very easy going and I like most people in general. Gina is the same way.
    It's ridiculous what she has already done to prove herself...what kind of shit is this? WTF is going on here?
    Wesman if you have an issue with Gina..too bad..you said what you had to say..please move on.

This is supposed to be a fun site but yet again.. there's always going to be a few folks has to make it into something else once again.

#320 4 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I updated my gameroom photo so people could see it's me and I'm also real.[quoted image]

Bearskin rugs? Really?? Just because you are part manatee, it doesn't make it OK.

#321 4 years ago

Do you guys have any bksor blades coming out I had a set of your blades on my whirlwind and they were awesome. Thanks!

Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Time for me to jump in here.
    Gina just use the ignore feature and don't feed the trolls...
    At this point...this is getting way out of hand. First of all, Gina is my family.
    She is very passionate about anything she gets into ..that's just the way she is..and me as well. Sorry, you can't handle that.
    Most of you know me from the shows and emails and just plain hanging out playing pinball.
    I am very easy going and I like most people in general. Gina is the same way.
    It's ridiculous what she has already done to prove herself...what kind of shit is this? WTF is going on here?
    Wesman if you have an issue with Gina..too bad..you said what you had to say..please move on.
    This is supposed to be a fun site but yet again.. there's always going to be a few folks has to make it into something else once again.

#322 4 years ago
    Quoted from darcangeloel:

Do you guys have any bksor blades coming out I had a set of your blades on my whirlwind and they were awesome. Thanks!

YES!! Literally making them As we type!

Heres a Sneak peak!

They will be available as PinBlades, PowerBladez and Translites! Very soon!

58128546450__9E0341BD-FCF5-4334-84A5-A5235D8DB342 (resized).jpeg58128546450__9E0341BD-FCF5-4334-84A5-A5235D8DB342 (resized).jpeg
    #323 4 years ago

This thead has run the gamut of hilarious/dubious reactions. At first it was the conspiracy theorists. She's a wolf in sheep's clothing. Once she proved that she is a real person, it became the sheep to the wolves. Finally, after the initial shock of her being a real woman wore off, it's now the sheep to slaughter!

This is an internet chat site. Everyone that clicked on the link did so willingly. Everyone that posted, did so willingly. No motives were questioned of the conspiracists. We all kind of new the motives of the wolves. Now some are guessing at hers. What's the big deal if she has a "fairly flirty and giggling demeanor" in a post. Is it genuine? Is it nefarious? I don't know. I also don't care. What's the big deal if she is using this post as a veiled ad? Is she doing that? I don't know. I also don't care.

If this whole thing was an elaborate ad, I've got to hand it to her. Well done. And here's a shocking insight for all the community..."flirty and giggling" women have been making money off of people (some of them men!) forever. If you don't like the pitch, (or just don't need anything) then don't buy anything.

If this wasn't an elaborate ad, and just a girl that wanted to socialize with other pinball lovers, I feel sorry for her. And here's a shocking insight for her...people are douchebags. It's just a question of how big each one is!

#324 4 years ago

Ha that is awesome I'll be getting a set for sure. Nice work so far!

YES!! Literally making them As we type!
    Heres a Sneak peak!
    They will be available as PinBlades, PowerBladez and Translites! Very soon![quoted image]

#325 4 years ago

Free growler fill-ups with the purchase of a set of blades

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #326 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Decrying sexism towards myself then posting in a manner evoking victimization immediately after being questioned on the legitimacy of intent, as a salesperson, should ideally be met with care and scrutiny from that salesperson, rather than scorn, and accusation towards a thoughtful fellow forum member, and potential customer. ...

Uhm. Yeah. Sorry, but you lost me. I tried reading your post 3 times. It just doesn't make sense to me. I suspect you may be overthinking/overanalysing all of this. I think you're saying you suspect Gina of abusing her being female as a weapon to sell mods to unsuspecting Pinside visitors? Is that it?

Maybe you should just drain this thread? Or put Gina on ignore. Or walk up to her at a show and say hi, I heard she's pretty cool.

#327 4 years ago

If this post was made with a name like Pindude1975 with a guy in the avatar pic asking the exact same thing when clearly he had had posts that were responded to, it would have been ignored or ridiculed briefly. As it is a female handle with a cute female avatar pic, all you nerds fall all over yourselves. Guys....

#328 4 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Uhm. Yeah. Sorry, but you lost me. I tried reading your post 3 times. It just doesn't make sense to me. I suspect you may be overthinking/overanalysing all of this. I think you're saying you suspect Gina of abusing her being female as a weapon to sell mods to unsuspecting Pinside visitors? Is that it?
    Maybe you should just drain this thread? Or put Gina on ignore. Or walk up to her at a show and say hi, I heard she's pretty cool.

I've read the entire thing and really don't get the problem. Mod makers come on here all the time w their stuff....she wasn't even really doing that, and if she was, so what?? Seemed like she just wanted to interact w other pinheads, inquiring if her posts were being seen. Every right to post as the "developmental" threads, the "must have now or your game sucks" threads, or the "game isn't even out and here are my mods, because I have inside info" threads from others do quite fine.

Enough already...it's pinball (and hope she enjoys her MunstersLE...love mine)!!

#329 4 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

If this post was made with a name like Pindude1975 with a guy in the avatar pic asking the exact same thing when clearly he had had posts that were responded to, it would have been ignored or ridiculed briefly. As it is a female handle with a cute female avatar pic, all you nerds fall all over yourselves. Guys....

exactly.....

#330 4 years ago

...and we want to make a video putting the PowerBladez in it.

Speaking of making a video...I have watched 2 or 3 different install videos of your products (the videos being from PinGraffix and others). Before making that Munsters PowerBladez video, here is a...

Pro Tip: You do NOT need to remove those 3 nuts to take off the AC covers on SPIKE 2 games. Only 2 nuts need to be removed (the one on the left PCB and the one on the middle of the cover). The nut on the upper right portion does NOT need to be removed or messed with at all.

I have also noticed that Stern has started adding an un-needed "dummy" Molex plug on the end of that Bill Validator connection from the factory. I first saw it in Munsters and in BK:SoR I have seen them start adding orange colored dummy plugs. At least the orange ones are easy to see and explain that they just need to be removed before plugging in your power cable to the Bill Validator plug.

I know I have issues with making install instructions, only to realize there is an easier way later. I have no way to edit my PDF instructions so they usually go unchanged. I may eventually change all of my install instructions to a web based format so I can edit them easier if something new is discovered.

In any case, I just wanted to give the PinGraffix crew a heads up on that bit of SPIKE 2 AC cover removal info so you could let the people know only 2 nuts need to be removed to get into the Bill Validator connection in any upcoming install videos.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#331 4 years ago

Looks like ole Wes had an extra bowl of Quantum Physic O's for breakfast.
    Do they speak English in What??

Joe hope you are well buddy hope to see ya at a show soon.

#332 4 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

This is the wierdest sales/marketing thread I’ve ever seen.

#333 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

This is the wierdest sales/marketing thread I’ve ever seen.

Lol thats funny

#334 4 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I updated my gameroom photo so people could see it's me and I'm also real.[quoted image]

That was a VERY missed opportunity to have your avatar as it is but put the Baywatch with no legs in front of it instead of TFTC.

#335 4 years ago

Now I understand why there are women leagues in pinball and why most women in pinball don't participate on here. I've had great conversations geeking out on pinball and playing as well with such women. I always thought it's because you get a cool tiara if you win.

#336 4 years ago

Buzz Is your avatar the Dino from Pee Wees big adventure? LOL

#337 4 years ago

buzz Is your avatar the Dino from Pee Wees big adventure? LOL

I’m embarrassed to admit that was my favorite movie when I was a kid. My wife thinks I was crazy to like peewee.

#338 4 years ago

Yes it is. It's a land mark 14 miles from me that I've known since I was a small child.

#339 4 years ago

Pee Wee is the best.

#340 4 years ago

Buzz's Big Adventure lol.
    Nobody brave enough to steal Buzz's bike!

#341 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

I’m embarrassed to admit that was my favorite movie when I was a kid. My wife thinks I was crazy to like peewee.

Ummm.... I LOVED Pee Wee's Playhouse, Pee wees Big Adventure, Big Top Pee Wee. I got my son into it. He likes when I imitate him LOL

Quoted from Buzz:

Yes it is. It's a land mark 14 miles from me that I've known since I was a small child.

ScreenShot902_thumb (resized).jpgScreenShot902_thumb (resized).jpg
    #342 4 years ago

Ummm.... I LOVED Pee Wee's Playhouse, Pee wees Big Adventure, Big Top Pee Wee. I got my son into it. He likes when I imitate him LOL
    [quoted image]

This was a must-see attraction near "It Never Drains in Southern California" - I'm lucky to have friends that indulge my weirder impulses.

andy (resized).jpgandy (resized).jpgpee wee dinosaurs (resized).jpgpee wee dinosaurs (resized).jpg
    #343 4 years ago
    Quoted from roffels:

This was a must-see attraction near "It Never Drains in Southern California" - I'm lucky to have friends that indulge my weirder impulses.[quoted image][quoted image]

roffels You win Pinside for today! THIS.IS.AMAZING!!!!!

#344 4 years ago

Roffels no white shoes man wtf...still awesome.

#345 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Roffels no white shoes man wtf...still awesome.

... i was hoping no-one would notice. Costume was done on a budget with thrift-store purchases the day or so before the trip.

#346 4 years ago

roffels for all the Basement talk that happened on here earlier in this thread lmfaoooo

#347 4 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

Is that the Cabazon Dinosaurs? Every time I see your avatar I think of a movie called The Wizard about a autistic kid who plays video games who ends up there at the end of the movie. Spoiler alert if you haven't seen it.

#348 4 years ago

THANKS DIRK YOU MOVIE RUINER.

#349 4 years ago

I don't think I've seen the whole thing just parts on YouTube and yes it is. I love how the eyes glow at night.

There are 373 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hello-am-i-invisible-/page/7?hl=head_boss_hog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.