3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 372 posts
  • 116 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by gliebig
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 44 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

7156FADD-9D37-4315-B19F-BA069DDB2895 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20190604-210446 (resized).png
    G (resized).jpg
    andy (resized).jpg
    pee wee dinosaurs (resized).jpg
    ScreenShot902_thumb (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    58128546450__9E0341BD-FCF5-4334-84A5-A5235D8DB342 (resized).jpeg
    skell.gif
    IMG_5223 (resized).JPG
    599BE5E3-C2D6-47F5-9D5D-FF58A9144888 (resized).png
    405CD7DB-BC53-41DC-AAEE-11690AFC2F5B (resized).png
    Untitled.jpg
    IMG_20190603_104252 (resized).jpg
    D5456DD1-626C-4D92-ACC2-6B0F4AB649E9 (resized).jpeg
    E871A9AA-B5D2-421D-89F3-438AB890D09A (resized).jpeg

There are 372 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.
    #201 3 months ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

I personally like it when the hobby is injected with a little “good looks”, at least you know when pinupgirl1975 has children, they are going to be some of the best looking pinheads on the planet, and damn it if we don’t need a huge shot of “look good” in this hobby. One look in the mirror is all it takes to know that if we pinheads had to survive on our good looks, we would all be screwed.

You could just ask her if shes availability instead of taking the long way home. Your game is weak to say the least.

#202 3 months ago

Sorry I'm late, I just heard there is a girl on pinside!

#203 3 months ago

Build it and they will come.

#204 3 months ago
    Quoted from Honch:

You could just ask her if shes availability instead of taking the long way home. Your game is weak to say the least.

Good thing, I am happily married to a pinball playing and loving wife who I adore and who adores me. My comment was a backhanded jab at the guys fawning over her, and that they more than likely look just as bad in the mirror as I do. Am I missing something here, or is your humor detector broken?

#205 3 months ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

Good thing, I am happily married to a pinball playing and loving wife who I adore and who adores me. My comment was a backhanded jab at the guys fawning over her, and that they more than likely look just as bad in the mirror as I do. Am I missing something here, or is your humor detector broken?

Nice spin. But really you think she's a hottie and were trying to flirt with her in The safe world of a pinball forum. No biggie, I get it. Just own it next time.

#206 3 months ago
    Quoted from Honch:

Just own it next time.

My wife plays pinball and reads Pinside. There is no “owning it” required because there is no “it”. You guys need to get a life outside Pinside. It has warped your sense of reality.

#207 3 months ago

Where is this thread going??????? Are we gonna start bickering over nothing, especially in a thread that has a giveaway?

#208 3 months ago

8years on here and you think it won't. We might have a chance since we made it through Fri. & Sat. night.

#209 3 months ago

Five pages?!?

#210 3 months ago

Quoted from Bublehead:My wife plays pinball and reads Pinside. There is no “owning it” required because there is no “it”. You guys need to get a life outside Pinside. It has warped your sense of reality.

Nicely done! Admit nothing, deny everything and make counter accusations. I almost believe you.......almost.

#211 3 months ago

Would a moderator be able to move this thread, and all future ones like it, to the classifieds section?

This thread became or was initially started with the intent of marketing a product based solely on the low female to high male ratio on this forum. Let's just make that assumption based on what's transpired in this thread and the one after this one by the OP.

We're all aware this thread, and the now subsequent giveaway threads, wouldn't have blown up if a user named "pinupdude75" would have inquired about visibility on the forum. That inquiry would have been followed by a few helpful or sarcastic posts, then left idle.

Maybe we could all regain some dignity, OP included, and people like myself that have read or posted within this thread, by relegating it to it's proper place.

#212 3 months ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Would a moderator be able to move this thread, and all future ones like it, to the classifieds section?
    This thread became or was initially started with the intent of marketing a product based solely on the low female to high male ratio on this forum. Let's just make that assumption based on what's transpired in this thread and the one after this one by the OP.
    We're all aware this thread, and the now subsequent giveaway threads, wouldn't have blown up if a user named "pinupdude75" would have inquired about visibility on the forum. That inquiry would have been followed by a few helpful or sarcastic posts, then left idle.
    Maybe we could all regain some dignity, OP included, and people like myself that have read or posted within this thread, by relegating it to it's proper place.

smart advertising!

#213 3 months ago
    Quoted from wesman:

wesman I was just simply asking a question, because I was unable to see my original post through the ALL MODs forum... May I ask why this post would have to move to a classified section, it doesn't even have a product posted in it? Secondly... Don't insult me, and assume that just because I am a woman that I am using that to my advantage, because if you knew me you'd know that is definitely not the case. I have a good reputation amongst the people on Pinside and if you look at my history on these forums you would know that. I could have used being a woman to my advantage since the day I joined if I wanted to. Your comments toward me are just so LAME and sexist.

Sorry... if my presence on these forums threatens you or anyone else in some way. It's not my intention. It's not really my problem if there are people just coming in this thread just because I am a female. If you have a problem with it report it to a moderator and have it taken down!

And one last thing...guess what? It's a Pinball forum...So, stop being so damn serious, and get a grip man...

Keep flippin'

Gina

#214 3 months ago
    Quoted from wesman:

This thread was started because Pinupgirl thought people were unable to see her posts. If you interpreted it as some conspiracy, maybe you should get a better aluminum foil hat.

#215 3 months ago
    Quoted from Honch:

Nicely done! Admit nothing, deny everything and make counter accusations. I almost believe you.......almost.

I fell in love with my wife Jelane as I watched her play Pinbot at a Putt-Putt Golf in Kettering, OH almost 30 years ago. She locked a ball during multiball, then shot the ramp for a 3 million Solar Value jackpot, beating my measly 2.6 million with a final score of over 4.2 million. That my friend is pure love. I am sorry if you think I need or want any other woman on this planet. Come to Expo in Chicago and look us up this year and I will introduce you to her. She currently holds the MB champion on our MBrLE, the penultimate pinball machine we bought (together) at the last Expo. Maybe you should chat up the OP instead of me, because your game of attacking the other dweebs in this thread seams just as lame an attempt imo.

#216 3 months ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

8years on here and you think it won't.

I wish pinside was the same as when I joined 8 yrs ago...….don't get me wrong, it's still the premier forum for pinheads that need help or want to help others. I think it's just gotten to where no matter what someone ask about the trolls have to burn them down for asking. When I joined if you ask about something people lined up to try to help you and make you welcome. Guess it's just the natural evolution of a site once it has grown like pinside.

#217 3 months ago

So mods.... Is someone going to close down this complete waste of a thread?

#218 3 months ago

Is it any better than a what should I buy next thread. Just let it be. She was nice enough to post a picture to prove she's real. I think she's earned the right to have her thread like it or not.

#219 3 months ago

Who is it bothering? Just drain it and let others savor it's A-1 goodness.

#220 3 months ago

For most it's an opportunity to put ones foot in their mouth without the awkward eye contact.

#221 3 months ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Who is it bothering? Just drain it and let others savor it's A-1 goodness.

I just think it leads to creepiness. Cmon now we all know what the hell is going on here......

#222 3 months ago
    Quoted from delt31:

I just think it leads to creepiness. Cmon now we all know what the hell is going on here......

We do??

#223 3 months ago

You don't have to feel guilty for being a heterosexual male. Now how far that goes in your own mind is your guilt. If you get past the gender thing you might have a chance to talk with another cool person that's into pinball or at the least get a discount on some pin blades.

#224 3 months ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

You don't have to feel guilty for being a heterosexual male. Now how far that goes in your own mind is your guilt. If you get past the gender thing you might have a chance to talk with another cool person that's into pinball or at the least get a discount on some pin blades.

buzz and who doesn't like discounts and cool people??? Here you go 15% off! Coupon CODE: PINSIDE

#225 3 months ago

Well now I have no excuse to be a creep

#226 3 months ago

I think this thread is hilarious. What a great read. Some offended some not. Just a funny waste of time. It’s pinball guys have fun with it. You go Gina.

#227 3 months ago

yep - we do. Peace out.

#228 3 months ago

Lol hilarious, so she started this thread as a marketing ploy. And hook line and sinker everyone bites. Fucking stupid

#229 3 months ago
    IMG_0366 (resized).JPG
    #230 3 months ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

[quoted image]

I pity the fool who messes with Mr T-rex.

#231 3 months ago
    Quoted from delt31:

So mods.... Is someone going to close down this complete waste of a thread?

Sure. Let me double check the to see if any rules have been broken.

Nope. No Rules have been broken.

This thread stays at the moment.

Enjoy the fun everyone!
    And if you are not enjoying the fun, then take advantage of the "drain" tool that Pinside has conveniently provided for any member who wishes to remove a thread from their forum experience.

And in the future, using the abuse report function is a much more effective way of getting our attention than a callout in a thread we may or may not be reading.

Marcus
    aka A Mod

#232 3 months ago
    Quoted from Xerico:

Enjoy the fun everyone!
    And if you are not enjoying the fun, then take advantage of the "drain" tool that Pinside has conveniently provided for any member who wishes to remove a thread from their forum experience.
    And in the future, using the abuse report function is a much more effective way of getting our attention than a callout in a thread we may or may not be reading.
    Marcus
    aka A Mod

#233 3 months ago

Okay it's true I used a filter on my avatar picture to make me look taller.

#234 3 months ago
    Quoted from Xerico:

Enjoy the fun everyone!
    Marcus
    aka A Mod

AHA! No announcing intentions to drain.

118E6A72-248A-4086-8E2A-9B203589EB26.gif
    #235 3 months ago

This thread is embarrassing. Really.

#236 3 months ago
    Quoted from CubeSnake:

This thread is embarrassing. Really.

Then put some clothes on next time you’re here.

#237 3 months ago

I feel a draft.

#238 3 months ago

Let's see....Op is a pinhead, bought her first pinball machine (check Munsters thread), and trying to engage the community, while throwing a discount for a mod company?...the horror.....

Kind of refreshing, honestly. A shameless ploy to promote mods? Yea, I've never seen that before (not even convinced it was the initial intent). We put up w that shit all the time, even praise them for it (there are good mod companies/ people out there btw, just applies to a few). Good grief...Op certainly not out of line imho....but some on here? ..

#239 3 months ago

Normally I just read Pinside. Very seldom do I post.

Not only are you not invisible, I posted too!

#240 3 months ago
    Quoted from pinupgirl1975:

buzz and who doesn't like discounts and cool people??? Here you go 15% off! Coupon CODE: PINSIDE

Yes, not at all sexist to bait and use a thread for advertising. Your tone and intent is clearly rooted in using your gender, buffed with a photo (Seriously what percentage of men have their photo as their avatar? Clearly you doing so is direct testament as to intent.) with the initiative to garner attention, and then advertise and sell product based on the gender pool dynamics existing within pinball. That's fairly gross, and outright offensive to people that value ethical business, as well as female pinheads that wish to engender respect not on account of their gender, but sans relying on it.

Apologies if I insulted your grimy business tactics. If your intention was to see if your presence could be noticed in threads, a quick question in an existing thread could have immediately cleared that up. Rather you've "now" chosen the option to open new threads to specifically advertise, after baiting with this one.

I've said my peace, and defended and elaborated on my stance. I know I won't buy from the company you represent so shamelessly, using your gender for a quick buck. No thank you.

#241 3 months ago

I feel inspired. Gonna go stir up some shit.

https://crochettalk.com/

#242 3 months ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Yes, not at all sexist to bait and use a thread for advertising. Your tone and intent is clearly rooted in using your gender, buffed with a photo (Seriously what percentage of men have their photo as their avatar? Clearly you doing so is direct testament as to intent.)

If you look at the other social forum media fronts (FB, Linkedin, Instagram, etc.) a selfie is normal. I see more and more pinsiders on here doing it.

Certainly, no reason to bash based on that.....

Certain Mod makers marketing tactics? That's a different thread topic, which time is almost here......

Out of this one.....

#243 3 months ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Yes, not at all sexist to bait and use a thread for advertising. Your tone and intent is clearly rooted in using your gender, buffed with a photo (Seriously what percentage of men have their photo as their avatar? Clearly you doing so is direct testament as to intent.) with the initiative to garner attention, and then advertise and sell product based on the gender pool dynamics existing within pinball. That's fairly gross, and outright offensive to people that value ethical business, as well as female pinheads that wish to engender respect not on account of their gender, but sans relying on it.
    Apologies if I insulted your grimy business tactics. If your intention was to see if your presence could be noticed in threads, a quick question in an existing thread could have immediately cleared that up. Rather you've "now" chosen the option to open new threads to specifically advertise, after baiting with this one.
    I've said my peace, and defended and elaborated on my stance. I know I won't buy from the company you represent so shamelessly, using your gender for a quick buck. No thank you.

Somebody has some " issues"
    I think you're reading into things just a tad here.

#244 3 months ago

What's funny is she has been here a long time and for whatever reasons now she is getting some attention in a thread and everyone is freaking out. She represents a company or product, but so do a lot of other people on here. What because she's a woman it's wrong?

#245 3 months ago

All I know is, I've been stuck home on painkillers for four days and this has been entertaining.

#246 3 months ago
    IMG_1359 (resized).PNG
    #247 3 months ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Let's see....Op is a pinhead, bought her first pinball machine (check Munsters thread),

Yep thats what she said wasn’t it MK? Wanna know what else she said? She said this three years ago........

ED96A98E-92E6-485A-B81A-2E30C9DCE5C1 (resized).jpeg
    #248 3 months ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yep thats what she said wasn’t it MK? Wanna know what else she said? She said this three years ago........ [quoted image]

Yes, you're right and thats from 3 years ago and I had something happen financially where I had to sell it right away, that I don't really have to explain to you or anyone else. It is what it is.

However, I just got Munsters LE and have a Dialed In coming this week also. Do I have to prove it to you like I had to with my being a girl too?

#249 3 months ago

In the immortal words of Johnny. NO!

IMG_1482 (resized).PNG
    #250 3 months ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yep thats what she said wasn’t it MK? Wanna know what else she said? She said this three years ago........ [quoted image]

Hmm..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 35.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 64.99
    $ 9,000.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 149.00
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 14.95
    $ 218.00
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 129.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 89.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 219.99
    $ 27.99
    Playfield - Protection
    Lee's Parts
    $ 55.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 165.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pixels Arcade Games
    There are 372 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside