Topic Stats

• 1,082 posts
  • 71 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by chrisb
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 225 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FB_IMG_1577641164587 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1577641187950 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1577641179384 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1577641173755 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191228-005421_Chrome (resized).jpg
Helicon5 (resized).JPG
Helicon4 (resized).JPG
Helicon3 (resized).JPG
Helicon2 (resized).JPG
Helicon1 (resized).JPG
20191104_225958 (resized).jpg
20191030_110955 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191026-174533_Gmail (resized).jpg
20191012_175515 (resized).jpg
20191012_173712 (resized).jpg
20191004_205349 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wesman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#228 1 year ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

It's happening again!! Free Play at Helicon Brewing. The best selection of pinball machines in Pittsburgh. An ever growing selection of games to play.
Pre order tickets are advised. $20 gets you all you can handle from 4pm-until Chrisb has to go home, PLUS your first 2 draft beers. Half priced Happy Hour is in effect.
See you here!
https://www.facebook.com/events/2212856492287542/?ti=cl

I missed the first one, but used some leave to get off of work, and my friend and I are pretty excited for next....Monday!!! Excitement for a Monday, thank the pinball gods and Helicon Brewing!

#235 1 year ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Wow that's awesome. If you haven't been to Helicon Brewing, you will not be disappointed. If you have been, you know what you are getting into! Welcome aboard.

I haven't been to Helicon in a few months, oddly enough. I think I ouve added a good ten games since last I've been there, maybe mid summer. Really look forward to it!

1 week later
#259 1 year ago

Pretty nice event on Monday! Enjoyed quite a bit of good beer, and good pinball too! I'll definitely keep my eye open for the next event.

1 month later
#333 1 year ago

Any idea if the Munsters will be able to stop by for Monday?

#346 12 months ago
Quoted from SkeebWilcox:

I know what opinions are like, we all do. I just can't believe that I would have EVER hear or read someone speak or type that sentence.
In my opinion, by all means one of three worst pinball machines ever manufactured.
Thank you for letting me vent...

It's incredibly unique and esoteric. I always look forward to playing it, but one play is often enough. I think there are just so many bizarre design choices, amongst the bizarre design choices, at hand. I'm glad it exists, as in ways, it feels like a weird, direct lead-in for Dialed In, which is also funky in ways. For Lawlor to have started with Banzai Run, then head these directions, is so damn amazing!

#350 12 months ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

My take on safecracker is simple. If you have a vast collection of games, safecracker can easily fit in. If you have less than 10 games, it will stick out. We have had many many requests for games at helicon. I have done my best to listen and bring those to light. I hope everyone appreciates all the efforts from Chrisb and his staff. They are awesome.
Thanks for all the support everyone!

I agree with that mentality completely! (I even think it deserves a different spot than where it's at in the facility presently.). Safecracker was one of my favorites when I visited the Silver Ball Museum in Jersey this past summer!

Do you guys use a lift system for moving them about, when the escalara isn't present? I saw a really cool video regarding a Harbor Freight lift, that seemingly has had some popularity here on the site.

Any thoughts on bringing any JPOP pins in? I'd love to see a TOTAN, CV, or TOM!

And I'm guessing the Munsters should be pulling up in Dragula, any day now.......?

#357 12 months ago

Did the Munsters roll into town today?

1 week later
#374 11 months ago

chrisb curious, so for tomorrow, we wouldn't pay a fee for entry, but we pay for each play while competing, correct?

#377 11 months ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Gotta ask Chrisb. I don't know how to tag people

Will do my friend! Should always just be an amberson in front of their name. Let's see!

Thanks for the quick reply, by the way! Reallt digging the setup you two have going here! Though I miss hitting Starport late on Sunday nights!

#380 11 months ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Also, this! 2 player, head to head Cosmic Cart from Multimorphic!
[quoted image]

Oh sweet! Is that the new add-on board? (Excuse my most likely erroneous terminology, haha!)

Man, definitely have to stop in tomorrow! I was weighing...doing responsible things or this. Fun wins out, yet again...!

#382 11 months ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Those are 2 cosmic Cart racing playfields that will be installed next week. 2 cabs will be at Helicon next week.

That's awesome news Chris! Definitely lookkng forward to seeing how that functions. I recall the owner of Vaporosity in Sharon doing backflips over that idea!

#394 11 months ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I'll ask Chrisb. I don't know how to tag him.

Just put an @ and then his name. No space though.

Like this cjmjmm2006

#396 11 months ago

Weird. I saw him try to tag you 9 days ago, and it didn't work for him either. Lemme see.... chrisb and cjmjmm2006

#400 11 months ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

When you do that, what is it actually supposed to do? Do I get alerted in a manner I normally would not?

It seems like it only makes a person's profile available via hotlink. On most forums, there should be a notification sent to them. I haven't seen that feature on here oddly....

2 weeks later
#418 11 months ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Tomorrow is our Free Play event at Helicon. The brewery will be closed to the public, however walk up tickets are available. $20 gets you 2 craft beers of your choice and 7+ hours of free play pinball. The selection of games is truly second to none with some new arrivals in the mix for this event. Hope to see you there, if you see me be sure to say hello and introduce yourself. I love discussing pinball, beer, whiskey/bourbon, 911's and coin op history in general.
I want to thank everyone for their continued support and it's amazing to meet others from such distances. We appreciate the love!

Count me in for two, as always Chris! Everytime it's a fantastic event!

1 week later
#425 10 months ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Thank you to everyone that came out on Monday! What a great turnout!
Our next free play is March 25th. 4-11pm. Unlimited pinball play and 2 drinks included in the price of admission plus a bonus Half Priced Happy Hour 4:30-6:30pm.
Tickets can be purchased at the brewery or online at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/free-play-pinball-march-25th-2019-tickets-58125218092?aff=efbeventtix

Any possibility that Otto the Bartender will be slinging brews at Helicon via Oktoberfest for the next event???

#427 10 months ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Hard to say. I know it's coming soon. We will keep you posted. =)

Excellent! Really excited to play this, while enjoying a delicious Helicon brew!

1 week later
#454 10 months ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Chris, where did you take that overhead picture from? Drone, selfie stick, or a really tall ladder are my guesses.

Yeah, there was a very high ladder involved. I watched as the situation occured. He got some solid overhead photos!

4 weeks later
#518 9 months ago
Quoted from chrisb:

I am not. Wish I had the time. The local fan club for my favorite football team, Bayern Munich, meets there to watch all of the games but I have yet to make it out...

I think it's a big deal to join. Like you need to know people, get vetted, kind of a thing.

2 weeks later
#541 8 months ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Anyone want Drac at Helicon? Just did a full teardown. Plays incredible. [quoted image]

This would be pretty sweet! I'd also love maybe a TOTAN, CV or TOM.

Also on my list of desired games I don't own.....the Hobbit and WOZ.

Looking forward to Monday!!

#561 8 months ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I just was out and about with Chris B. I explained to him how terrible the rules to this game are. It is an absolutely stunning pin looks wise. Not the depth that other games offer but still a fun game.

What do you find terrible about the rules?

Good outing last night. Always a fun time with excellent beer and equally excellent pins! Oktoberfest was really a highlight for me and my friends!

2 weeks later
#580 8 months ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Hi Bob,
Thanks for stopping out and checking out the collection at Helicon! We appreciate your support and definitely want to consider all the feedback you have given above.
I want to address some of these issues Monday morning and you have given me a head start on what needs done. Thank you.
Oktoberfest- as the game is played we are finding adjustments that are become more clear. I do believe the flipper is sticking due to a coil stop needing replaced but I have a box of springs as well if that is the issue. I will say it is a little harder on route than it has been at the shows. The ball times are still significantly longer than most games so I will look into how it is playing and see what I can come up with.
BKSOR- I 100% agree about the magna save. Wish it were like the other 2 renditions. The game is fast, we also have a few pro models out if you are still in Pittsburgh. I prefer the LE because, it's BK, it has to have an upper field.
JJPOTC- We know it needs shopped but truthfully that will be a huge task so we are trying to get a few more weeks out of it. When Wonka comes I am sure it will come to the shop for some love.
Lexy- it is currently in 2 player CCR form, fun but I agree the game in single player mode is not as much fun head to head. I think there will be a way in the future to challenge others OTA. That will be amazing and I am looking forward to this potential. Give it another shot on your return. It may grow on ya.
ACNC - we are still working out how to make this game remotely profitable. With all posts at factory our average game time was so high it was, well not worth having on. Maybe this is one that is best for the home but we will see. We set the replay value lower to attempt to compensate but I appreciate your honesty on this. It's a difficult balance but we try to set a fair game up each time. Most tilts on route with other operators are much tighter but myself being a player, I want to play a fair game.
All in all I really appreciate what you have to say here and I am going to do my best to resolve these issues and potential issues you have mentioned.
Thanks again for stopping. PM me next time you are in town. I own you a drink!
Best,
Chris

Regarding POTC, I'd love to use some Sparkle at the event tomorrow, to remove some excess five o'clock shadow, that's resting on top of Jack's existing five o'clock shadow!

#593 7 months ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Cheers Bob!! For the record you were correct on the spring for Oktoberfest. We got a handle on everything today and people had a blast. Thanks for all the love at Helicon today. It was good meeting more of the posters on this thread! Wesman, nice to put the face with the man. Hope to meet more of you guys. I now know a bunch of new pinheads!!

Good to formally meet you too Chris! Always a good time, great games, excellent beer, and some good folks show up for these events! Keep em' coming!

2 weeks later
#610 7 months ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Gorgar and Royal Flush added. Everything appears to be in tip top shape. Let me know what you guys think!
Thanks for all the support. We can't wait to unleash Cosmic Carnival on you guys also Wonka is confirmed next week! See it at Helicon and Starport!

Yes, yes YESSSSS!!!

Knew you guys would nab these Oompas by the Loompas before anyone else. Woohoo!!!

1 month later
#707 6 months ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Wow.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dats a lotta pinballs!!

Nice work fellas!

#768 6 months ago

Great time as always for these events! Everyone there is always so supportive and friendly, and the game selection this week was immense!!! So great to get to check out Wonka LE's timessssss thrrrrreeeee!!!

20190729_155009 (resized).jpg
#798 6 months ago
Quoted from Geocab:

Was on the way to hang with the best Pinball players in the world and this fucking happens. Now I'm waiting on a tow. Long story short, had flat Monday on the way to town, AAA put on spare, AAA obviously didn't tighten enough, I got screwed out of a fun night of pinball and friends. Ridiculous.[quoted image]

Fuck that really sucks man...

1 week later
#824 5 months ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

If you are contemplating making our last Free Play night, remember, Jurassic Park Pro is on its way to the brewery as we speak. We expect to land 3 Jurassic Parks this Friday! Come be a part of the only location in Pittsburgh to preview this amazing shooter!
I just watched the movie again with my kids to see if I got the same feeling when the helicopter is landing in the begining. I did. This is gonna be epic!

Yes times....THREE!!!!!

#834 5 months ago

Fantastic as always Chris'!!

20190809_171014 (resized).jpg20190809_171103 (resized).jpg20190809_171124 (resized).jpg
#837 5 months ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Awesome you made it Wes! Thanks for checking it out. Just trying to finish up the day so I can play it!

Less work Chris, MORE play!!!

Yeah, we stopped by briefly to see how things played, before the oncoming JP onslaught!

Thanks again Chris!

#839 5 months ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Free Play this Monday. Last one for a bit. You guys gonna be around?

Yes sir!

I was surprised to hear it might be the last for awhile.....

Once a month, is always pretty awesome for me!

1 week later
#891 5 months ago
Quoted from chrisb:

The Addams Family has been pulled to get a full shop done and has been replaced with a super-clean Terminator 2: Judgment Day. It's looking and playing great! Cheers![quoted image]

Thanks for the updates!

#898 5 months ago
Quoted from SkeebWilcox:Me and Mr. Audia look forward to stopping by tomorrow evening after Cambodican!!!

Cambodican on the south side? Catman is the best!!

3 months later
#992 48 days ago

Man...it's amazing how good a pin Indiana Jones is. Crazy to go from that to any modern game. Had such a great time playing it yesterday!

The callouts are plentiful and actual actor clips. Animations are top notch and not distracting. There are SO many shots, some easy, some tough, and some often incidental.

It's just such a perfectly balanced game, with so many great mechs, fantastic music, great code, and just a step above most games.

Thanks guys for getting this into Helicon!!! The collection grows greater, by the day!

#994 48 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

IJTPA? When did they get that? Maybe ToM is not too far behind. That would be 2 for 2.

Yup.

Just turned around yesterday, and there is was caddycorner from Munsters, and next to STNG.

I didn't see an announcement in the thread. Those coy devils!

#1013 46 days ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Pittsburgh has a huge amount of great sites to play pinball. Check the pinball map and you will most certainly find a ton of games you want to play. Kickback, Pinball Perfection, Pinball PA, Apis, Rock Room, Verdetto's, Aces Breakaway and Play, Voodoo Brewing to name a few.

Don't forget Starport, just a bit south!

#1018 43 days ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Update! Helicon is getting the new Rick and Morty.

And probably early too, I hope! You guys are amazing!

1 week later
#1047 33 days ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Today is the start of the Helicon Open. Chris will be on site all day with scorekeepers, excellent beer and pinball. I'm headed to grab Stranger Things from the destination terminal. Hope to see everyone there. Remember The Classics Tournament finals are every day (Thursday, Friday and Saturday).
Thanks for all the support and we hope to see you here!!

Is there a stream going on? Read that in the Stranger Things thread.

1 week later
#1064 26 days ago

Keep all JJP games.

Add....remaining JJP games.

And missing Jpop one's also.

#1076 26 days ago
Quoted from chrisb:

The next free play will be this coming Monday 1/6. Same details as always. This will be the last free play with 72 pins before we make room to brew again.
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/free-play-pinball-january-6th-2020-tickets-88025704251
https://www.facebook.com/events/493010324667755/
Cheers,
Chris B.

By the way, sorry I didn't write in Helicon for the TWIPY's. I voted today and saw it noticeably absent. I feel stupid for not doing that, you guys both, and everyone working for you, deserve much praise for the great combo of stuff happening at Helicon daily!

I coulda, shoulda wrote in Starport too, damn it!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 233.10
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 149.00
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Upper Freehold, NJ
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Boards
PCB Emporium
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 35.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Metalhead Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Boards
PinSound
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wesman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside