123_1(88) (resized).jpeg
123_1(87) (resized).jpeg
123_1(90) (resized).jpeg
20240125_163420 (resized).jpg
jaws_date (resized).jpg
jaws_delivery (resized).jpg
elton_john3 (resized).jpg
elton_john2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider meSz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

24 players for the first ever tournament!! Thanks for all that came out and all that are still here. We appreciate your business and are glad to share this day with you!!

Damn, if your beer is as good as your pin selection that would be great! Certainly will make it out there!

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

I’ve never played in a tournament before but this location is close enough that I must say that I’m intrigued. I only get one Saturday off a month (not this one unfortunately) is that the day that you normally run them?

Checkout the link above ... they appear to be doing this once a month and have it scheduled for the next two months out!

2 weeks later
#45 5 years ago

I feel like I am on Ted's post .... I dont know who anyone is!

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Haha. This is a photo of the band from Portland. The Decemberists. No worries meSz.

Will look them up as I haven't heard of them! Thnx

#54 5 years ago

Stop in two weeks ago. Would go back for the great selection of pins!!!

9 months later
#443 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so is Alien, TBL and/or Octoberfest there now?

You live like 15 min from the place why aren't you there???

How much longer before they start moving brewing equipment out of there to make more room for pins???

#445 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

more on the 25 side but still close.
Soon enough b/c every time I visit there are more and more which is great.

Sorry, I forgot the 123 red lights LOL

At this point Chris' need to change name to Helicon Pinball Brewing and the slogan can be "Come TILT a beer with us" !!!

3 weeks later
#465 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

How's the beer? I wouldn't turn down a sampler care package if anyone wouldn't mind the trouble of sending some my way for $$

From Baltimore it's a 4.5 hour drive per Mapquest so more like 4 hours. Well worth it to leave early Saturday morning go to Helicon for the day and spend a night in or around the city. Get up Sunday have some breakfast hit 1 or 2 other places (i.e. Kick Back Cafe, Pinball Perfection etc.) and be home for a late Sunday evening dinner!

If you're a patient person, wait till August when Replay FX is (1st - 4th) and get you full pinball fix in!!!

Sincerely,

Julie the Cruise Director

1 week later
#511 4 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

My wife and in our traditional attire.
[quoted image]

By chance you a member of the German Club (aka Teutonia Maennerchor) in Deutschtown (Pittsburgh)?
http://www.pghmannerchor.com/

#519 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I think it's a big deal to join. Like you need to know people, get vetted, kind of a thing.

Yes and no .... you need to know a member that will vouch for you and then you go to the initiation meeting and that's the gist of it! I joined for the beer selection alone but came to find that the events they hold and food they have is really good. Basically $10 a month to be a member and anything you do for the club is volunteer basis.

OK apologies for sidetracking the thread .... back to Helicon!

3 weeks later
#569 4 years ago

Was in town for a week and got a chance to stop out at Helicon. First time I went to Helicon I felt it was a great place for pins and the beer was second as I just found to the beer to be on the neutral side. Not in a bad way but a way to please the masses. This time around they had an Old Ale and Oatmeal Stout. Felt the Oatmeal was very good beer! The Old Ale wasn't for me but again great to see more "favors".

As for the pins, no complaints other than I didn't get to play Oktoberfest but they had a tournament going on so can't complain there at all! One thing to add as well is the fact that Chris walked up and asked if everything was playing okay. I said yeah but added that the one flipper rubber on MB was about to go (had a tear in it). Chris responded "oh we'll have to give it a look at" and walked away. I figured, like most places, that would be the end of it but few minutes later he had the glass off and was fixing it. Albeit a little thing it still great to see that he attended to it right away ass opposed to just letting it go.

Can't stress enough for anyone going to be in the area to visit Helicon! Can't imagine anyone being disappointed!
49C985BE-52BC-42C3-BDE5-B2E81C870270 (resized).jpeg49C985BE-52BC-42C3-BDE5-B2E81C870270 (resized).jpeg

#572 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Cheers Mesz! I appreciate you stopping out Saturday as I'm sure Chrisb does too. I hung in as long as I could, guess we just missed crossing paths. Hope to get to meet you in person soon. Safe travels!!

Certainly understand Chris, family first! I'll be back later in the year to play the next 6 new games that come out!!!

1 month later
#630 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

I appreciate your honest opinion. Hearing the word hope in a review is the most polite and scary word you could of chosen. It’s easy to discount haters and owners but a polite “hope” it gets better is chilling.

Yeah but as JJP has proven in the past they have done a good job with software updates. This was huge with The Hobbit. The last update made it a great game to play! Problem is, buyers spend all this money on machines (not just JJP) and then have to wait for the updates to happen. This sometime takes years to occur.

2 weeks later
#664 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Chris and I are great friends outside of pinball. I certainly hope it's there for our kids to enjoy as adults. Cheers Wyndham! Hope to see you again soon!!

Chris, have you given thought to changing your name to make it easier for people to differentiate the two of you?

2 weeks later
#755 4 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

This game arrived today. It is in absolutely pristine condition. It might be as wide as two regular pins.[quoted image]

Chris when you're ready to sell this game let me know!

#758 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I guess I need to start selling games. Everyone keeps telling me I have too many. LoL

No such thing as too many games.....just people want games you have and will use any excuse to get you to sell

#790 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:Also if that embryonic really is for sale... cough cough
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Just take it, drive safe

Ahhhh you need to stand in line!

10 months later
#1128 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

So glad to see Hot Wheels!!!!

Hot Wheels was out of commission yesterday at Helicon!

#1130 3 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

It's back up and running got fixed later in the day.

Typical of Chris n Chris! Hats off to those guys as with the number of machines at Helicon when one does go down they dont stay that way for long!

1 week later
#1174 3 years ago

Chris B.....heading back to Pittsburgh for a few weeks. Before I commit to coming out to Helicon answer this ..... Is Chris' open tab still open? ? ?

Would one of you go get your first name changed?

#1180 3 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Whatever you need I got you.

Unfortunately by the time I get there it's looking like things will be closed down again. For all businesses sake I hope this is not the case.

All the best to you guys!!!

#1189 3 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Sorry accidentally hit send post.
MM Royal - wow, the GI effects on this game alone make it stand out beyond what I expected and it had created the most immersive B/W I've ever played. MM is MM otherwise. The topper is pretty nice looking and the quality of it's construction is very high. Game plays exactly how you expect it to and Chicago gaming has done a nice job adding to an already top tier classic. I hear a lot about the cost and how it's insane, I get that thought process but ultimately they did add features that were not present on any other model and it was very well executed. Great job Chi Gaming!!

I just helped a local set up his MMr RE and I agree with ya....the game is stunning. He also has MB and AFM. AFM lighting blew me away and I think it's the better of the 3 games.

Never really paid attention to the CGC Remakes before now. VERY nice games!

3 months later
#1296 3 years ago

So been 17 days now, how's the playfield holding up?

#1298 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Looks terrible from the photos I’ve seen. Check the other thread, would love to know how many games played.

Which thread

#1300 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

GNR it’s here thread. Disappointing.

Damn!

#1319 3 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

GNR Standard Edition now at Helicon! Plays nice & fast! Personally, I prefer playing the Standard over the LE. Give it a try!
[quoted image]

Great to see they have a Super Chexx. Heading back East next month and planning on a few days at Helicon.

Chris get some Old Ales or some strong Stouts brewing!

#1323 3 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Let me know when you are going and I'll buy you a beer.

Wow so Im up 2 beers already!

#1327 3 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Amy gets two. You can have a water and be a designed driver.

So Chris let me confirm .... I have at least 2 Free beers coming and Looprunner is designated driver?

#1338 3 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Nice. My significant other will be happy since I could never pry the one from Vince's hands.

At least your not bitter!

Quoted from chrisb:

We have an Imperial Stout on that may be one of our best brews ever. Hopefully it lasts until your next visit!
Cheers,
Chris B.

Crappis. I don’t t get in til the 21st so probably unlikely it will last til I get there!

1 week later
#1347 3 years ago

Chris whats it looking like for you all? I know I just got word that PA is putting tighter restrictions into place. I fly back Friday but hearing I have to quarantine for 14 days (no complaints)!

2 weeks later
#1372 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Big Lebowski, GnR, JJP POTC - and now this.

Soooo boring, where’s Thunderbirds ???

Looking to come out Sunday for lunch unless Chris wants to open for Brunch.

(Disclaimer: no negativity was meant towards Thunderbirds it was the first thing to pop into my non-creative mind!)

#1375 3 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Wow the game is literally brand new. This has not been brought to my attention until I see this message. I will get to Helicon ASAP, I will also contact chrisb to see what's up. Thank you very much for the heads up.

plan to go out today. If it’s something simple and you need a part or tool PM me before 1130 and I can see if I have what You need and bring it with me.

I’m sure you probably have everything you need but feel free to use me as a backup.

#1381 3 years ago

R&M up n working.

5FBDA494-351E-4C4C-A5A1-D6A2E1D8AF12 (resized).jpeg5FBDA494-351E-4C4C-A5A1-D6A2E1D8AF12 (resized).jpeg
5 months later
#1453 2 years ago

Rumor is Chris was beaten in a tournament, held at Helicon today, by a young college kid!! Chris, care to comment?

4 months later
#1483 2 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

The Godzilla Launch Party tournament has been scheduled and approved by the IFPA. Sunday, November 21st. Unlimited qualifying games 2pm-6pm with finals bracket afterwards.

Chris, just an FYI .... for those of us that don't have Faceboook, Instagram and so on .... appreciate you still posting your events here as, for me, it's where I find out about your events. I don't always make it but my son loves coming out (has two launch party plaques at this point).

PROST

2 years later
#1648 80 days ago
Quoted from chrisb:

Manufactured yesterday!
[quoted image]

That's the warranty expiration date!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royal Oak, MI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider meSz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/helicon-brewing-just-outside-pittsburgh-pa?tu=meSz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.