123_1(88) (resized).jpeg
123_1(87) (resized).jpeg
123_1(90) (resized).jpeg
20240125_163420 (resized).jpg
jaws_date (resized).jpg
jaws_delivery (resized).jpg
elton_john3 (resized).jpg
elton_john2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveddd14.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#239 5 years ago

Going to make my first appearance at Helicon next Monday, can't wait!

#252 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Good to see everyone last night. Sorry I couldn't make until after 9pm but what a great crowd still active that late on a Monday. Think there was still around 25 people and a lot of new faces. We will continue to add games as this grows to be fair to everyone that has helped us start this cool event.
We also appreciate all the talk and buzz you guys have created. I have had a lot of emails about this location and other events that we have discussed.
I also want to thank Alex, Meg and Chrisb for hosting this. They put a lot of effort into the space and there is a lot more than letting people flip games. The space is extremely clean, the games are well kept and the service is still very good being there is only a single bartender and 1 tech.
Thanks again everyone, I have log some requests and if everything pans out the way we envision then I will likely honor all of them. In the meantime, the road map is what I have mentioned above until we have all the wrinkles are ironed out. See you again soon!
Cheers!!

Great time last night, good to meet you Chris, can't wait to hear more about the exciting plans!

Dave

4 weeks later
#305 5 years ago

Any update on which games will be played for the Open?

1 month later
#392 5 years ago

When is the next pints and pinball?

3 weeks later
#419 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Tomorrow is our Free Play event at Helicon. The brewery will be closed to the public, however walk up tickets are available. $20 gets you 2 craft beers of your choice and 7+ hours of free play pinball. The selection of games is truly second to none with some new arrivals in the mix for this event. Hope to see you there, if you see me be sure to say hello and introduce yourself. I love discussing pinball, beer, whiskey/bourbon, 911's and coin op history in general.
I want to thank everyone for their continued support and it's amazing to meet others from such distances. We appreciate the love!

Already bought 2! See you tomorrow Chris.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
2 months later
#573 4 years ago

Chris B's Helicon Raspberry Wheat getting a shout out (my personal favorite) for those of you who haven't been or tried yet.

https://triblive.com/lifestyles/food-drink/whats-brewing-wheat-beers-for-the-win-this-summer/

1 month later
#682 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Wow, I just got a few messages saying people are coming in early for replay because of this event. That is insane. Chris are you limiting the invites to this?

I was thinking of coming out as usual but wondering if I should leave the spots for people from out of town?

#686 4 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

I've always made it one event ticket per game at the brewery for free play nights, so usually 40-50 tickets sold. I set the limit to 60 tickets for Replay week even though we'll have close to 70 games.

I'm in then! Time to get some practice in for Pinburgh!

4 months later
#982 4 years ago

Chris^2. Any details on the Helicon Open? My wife is starting to fill up the holiday break calendar and I want to get this in the mix!

Thanks!

3 weeks later
#1048 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Is there a stream going on? Read that in the Stranger Things thread.

https://m.twitch.tv/bear_glue

#1050 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Oh thank ya!

It was a packed house when we left at 4:00 today, right after the Stranger Things unboxing.

#1060 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Happy New Year everyone! Thanks for all the support over 2019.
Now some hard decision are coming for all of us at Helicon. What will remain at the brewery?
Anything you want to see leave? Anything you want to stay? Let us know!

Keep the 90’s games coming and back. Love getting to play Roadshow, would like to see TAF back in the rotation as well as TOM, MM, and CP.

A good mix of early SS, 90’s, and new games from all manufacturers would be the best for the people I come with.

No matter what will be back often in 2020!

5 months later
#1121 3 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

Pinball is pretty much back at Helicon. We have cautiously reopened and turned the pins back on. We are asking folks to follow the recommended guidelines, make liberal use of the available hand sanitizer and wipes, leave a game or two open in between other players, wash hands frequently, and use some good common sense. So far there have been no problems and we love the pinball community. Much thanks to everyone so far.
Cheers,
Chris B.
[quoted image]

Can’t wait to get back Chris!

3 months later
#1238 3 years ago

Is there still a 10 person limit in the bar? We haven't been out since the pandemic started and just don't want to drive out and not be able to play?

Dave

1 month later
#1348 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Chris whats it looking like for you all? I know I just got word that PA is putting tighter restrictions into place. I fly back Friday but hearing I have to quarantine for 14 days (no complaints)!

Or produce a covid negative test within 3 days of arrival..........no new restrictions on bars/restaurants yet......

#1353 3 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

After going through all these environments of Harry Potter and reading the illustrated book with my daughter, I am thoroughly convinced that the pinball could be magical.
[quoted image]

Insider Tip? I think JJP could do it justice, not sure about Stern.

2 weeks later
#1395 3 years ago

Onto more positive things. Delayed Helicon Open.....maybe in the Spring......maybe?

1 month later
#1429 3 years ago
Quoted from yatch11:

Great interview Chris, congrats! Did I hear right that Helicon is opening another place?

Please be true and please come to the south hills, makes for an easy drive Chris M!

10 months later
#1493 2 years ago

chrisb @cjmjmm Helicon Open 2022 happening?

2 weeks later
#1501 2 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

Sadly, not this year. Things are exceptionally busy at the brewery and the slight uptick of covid has lots of folks on edge. We are 100% committed to having the event next year as long as things remain generally under control. The launch party tournaments have started back up and we will start the monthly strike tournaments next month. Maybe at all three Helicon locations...

3rd location? Can you say where yet?

#1504 2 years ago
Quoted from Looking4FirstPin:

Merry Christmas, everyone. Is JJP GnR still at Helicon?

As of two Fridays ago it was, over by the garage door side in the middle.

#1509 2 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

I was wondering if anyone would catch this!
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"b6f92a51a37d6e77dc5af79dc10eaee5f23e2bfd-1640720847-1800"};
//]]>

Not quite ready for an official announcement yet. I think all I can say at this time is that it is in the Pittsburgh metro area and not real close to either existing location. Hopefully the formal announcement will come shortly after the new year!
Cheers,
Chris B.

Chris M told me a few year’s ago what he wanted to do, so I hope it has something to do with that! Best of luck!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bay Area, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 25.00
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 18.95
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveddd14.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/helicon-brewing-just-outside-pittsburgh-pa?tu=daveddd14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.