123_1(88) (resized).jpeg
123_1(87) (resized).jpeg
123_1(90) (resized).jpeg
20240125_163420 (resized).jpg
jaws_date (resized).jpg
jaws_delivery (resized).jpg
elton_john3 (resized).jpg
elton_john2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobukcat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 5 years ago

Damn, I was just in Washington PA and looking for a place to play. I get up that was often and can't wait to check it out, thanks for posting!

1 year later
#565 4 years ago

This is awesome, I have two trips to Pittsburgh coming up and I'm planning my hotels so I can spend as much time as possible here.

2 weeks later
#578 4 years ago

I stopped by for several hours Thursday evening after my work stuff finished up early. WOW, what a lineup! Beautiful games, LE, SE and Premiums, great classics and good beer (that was very reasonably priced during happy hour especially) all with great, friendly service. I've two more trips to the area coming up in June and will definitely be back both times. A couple of notes on specific games:

Oktoberfest: I was really excited to play this again having played pre or early production games at two shows prior. I wasn't having my best day skill-wise but this game was absolutely brutal, I couldn't get anything going worth a damn and think I topped out around 150K. This was very different than my experience on it at the shows. The ramps were all makeable (yes the Beer Barrel lock is very tough) so that wasn't an issue but the duck target between the tent scoop and left loop / ramp was an absolute insta-drain at warp speed if hit from the right flipper (I know, don't hit that shot, lol). It seems like that flipper was just way too strong for any of the up-close shots like that and OCKTOB stand ups. Maybe it's not running the code that dials up the power when the ramp is down and so it was set strong to make sure the ramp shot can be made. I was getting a lot of drains from the magnets too, I sometimes get this in Houdini but have the ball-save on for those on mine. The game did have a problem with the right flipper that would leave it bounce partially up at times, like the return spring was too weak, that definitely didn't help. Maybe it was just me but I went away thinking this particular game was harder than Houdini as far as scoring any meaningful points.

BKSOR: I haven't played the pro yet but I really like this game. The upper lock shot is harder than it looks but once I found it fun was to be had hitting it. I did wish the game was just a bit louder but understand you can't have them all cranked up in that space. It's definitely a but-kicking game but fun. The magna-save is nearly useless IMO, it's not that strong and by the time your hand travels all the way to the center button it's just too late.

JJP-POTC: Game was very dirty, probably because it gets played like crazy, but still shot well.

Linked Lexy-Lightspeeds: Unfortunately I was by myself so I just played a few solo games. Some really cool tricks used in this but I still found most of the playfield to be kind of wasted. I'm gonna read-up on the rules and try again next time.

ACNC: I still really like this game but the left post being removed just turned that side into insta-drain so I walked away after a couple of games.

#583 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Hi Bob,
Thanks for stopping out and checking out the collection at Helicon! We appreciate your support and definitely want to consider all the feedback you have given above.
I want to address some of these issues Monday morning and you have given me a head start on what needs done. Thank you.
Oktoberfest- as the game is played we are finding adjustments that are become more clear. I do believe the flipper is sticking due to a coil stop needing replaced but I have a box of springs as well if that is the issue. I will say it is a little harder on route than it has been at the shows. The ball times are still significantly longer than most games so I will look into how it is playing and see what I can come up with.
BKSOR- I 100% agree about the magna save. Wish it were like the other 2 renditions. The game is fast, we also have a few pro models out if you are still in Pittsburgh. I prefer the LE because, it's BK, it has to have an upper field.
JJPOTC- We know it needs shopped but truthfully that will be a huge task so we are trying to get a few more weeks out of it. When Wonka comes I am sure it will come to the shop for some love.
Lexy- it is currently in 2 player CCR form, fun but I agree the game in single player mode is not as much fun head to head. I think there will be a way in the future to challenge others OTA. That will be amazing and I am looking forward to this potential. Give it another shot on your return. It may grow on ya.
ACNC - we are still working out how to make this game remotely profitable. With all posts at factory our average game time was so high it was, well not worth having on. Maybe this is one that is best for the home but we will see. We set the replay value lower to attempt to compensate but I appreciate your honesty on this. It's a difficult balance but we try to set a fair game up each time. Most tilts on route with other operators are much tighter but myself being a player, I want to play a fair game.
All in all I really appreciate what you have to say here and I am going to do my best to resolve these issues and potential issues you have mentioned.
Thanks again for stopping. PM me next time you are in town. I own you a drink!
Best,
Chris

Chris,

Thanks for the detailed response, I was certainly thinking about what a bitcheroonie of a shop job POTC would be when I commented on that, but it still plays well at least.

Interesting feedback on Oktoberfest and ACNC, I understand finding the right balance between playable and profitable is probably tough especially on new games with really different layouts. I've played ACNC quite a bit and really like it but I was more concentrating on games I hadn't played ever or as much like BKSOR, Oktoberfest (because I'm also on the fence about buying one) and Deadpool LE (SOOO much better than the pro IMO). I'll let you know next time I'm up there and would like to meet up for a beer if possible. Again, my thanks for having so many awesome games available for us to dump quarters in.

Bob K.

6 months later
#1005 4 years ago

Headed up that way for work on Monday and will definitely be stopping in to play Monday night, it's been a few weeks so I'm excited to see all the new additions!

#1009 4 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

Sadly, we are closed on Mondays. I'd offer to open the place up but we have a private holiday party event. Before 4pm Monday 12/16 or the whole rest of the week is wide open.
Sorry!
Chris B.

Why yes I am a member or the Lee family! (obscure reference to an old Bud Light commercial)

Dammit, that's it I have to prohibit my customer from scheduling Monday meetings going forward, thanks for the heads up. Now I have to find somewhere else to play.

2 months later
#1104 4 years ago

Shit, I was in town on the 24th and missed it, argh!!! That's what I get for not being on Pinside for three weeks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 26.95
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 189.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobukcat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/helicon-brewing-just-outside-pittsburgh-pa?tu=bobukcat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.