123_1(88) (resized).jpeg
123_1(87) (resized).jpeg
123_1(90) (resized).jpeg
20240125_163420 (resized).jpg
jaws_date (resized).jpg
jaws_delivery (resized).jpg
elton_john3 (resized).jpg
elton_john2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BoJo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 5 years ago

Just got back from spending a few hours here. Great place and will be definitely be going back in the future. Thanks for making this post because I never realized they had such a selection of machines and great beer.

2 months later
#76 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Big thanks to the Spooky Pinball Crew and Joe at Pinballstar for helping us get TNA #191 to Helicon Brewing in Oakdale PA!!
Stop out and give it a try!

Looking forward to playing one that is level. The one at kickback is horrible. It's placed on a sloped floor with no leveler compensation.

1 month later
#112 5 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Has Deadpool arrived yet.

Yes. There are 4 of them setup. Just got back from playing.

3 months later
#253 5 years ago

Chris, when is Beatles showing up?

#265 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Beatles on site!!

I'll be stopping by at some point today.

2 months later
#343 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I have 4 Munsters arriving at Helicon this week but I think they leave Stern on Monday.

Munsters arrive yet?

#363 5 years ago

Stopped by this weekend and had a good time. Really liked the Oatmeal Stout too. Got midnight madness on one of the Munsters as well which I wasn't expecting.

1 week later
#401 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

It seems like it only makes a person's profile available via hotlink. On most forums, there should be a notification sent to them. I haven't seen that feature on here oddly....

You can view any posts where it was done to you by clicking the @ icon in the upper right. Alerts were supposed to be part of the Pinside + perks however I am not sure if that was implemented yet.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

paste (resized).pngpaste (resized).png

2 months later
#506 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Tomorrow I am taking some of our employees along with some special guests to Avengers End Game. We are stopping at Helicon. I will be dressed up as Doctor Strange. See you there. [quoted image]

What time you stopping by?

2 weeks later
#546 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Just checked a list. We have 7 Congo's

Now you are just showing off

2 months later
#713 4 years ago
Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

I really need to come down to play Frontier since I have an empty Frontier cab that I've been slowly building a virtualpin into.

Luckily the doors were closed the last time I was there or it might have disappeared.

#723 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Anything for Bobby. You want it. Come get it. Just let me know so I can have a fill in.
Cheers buddy. Hope you are well.

Haha, thanks Chris. I'll be there today to check out the new lineup before the masses start arriving for Pinburgh.

#764 4 years ago

Helicon is one of the only places you will find this many LE's on route and Chris manages to get his hands on games before anyone else. The atmosphere is great with the beer and food trucks. Only thing it's missing is a TBL and Alien.

1 month later
#939 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

You're welcome Delt!! The pleasure is all ours. I love the game. I know there may be issues people have with different aspects of quality and whatnot. I love to play it. Kids love the dino toy eating the ball. Seeing everyone having a good time is our goal. Thanks as always for all the support.

Had a good time playing it last night. The T-rex shot is tough and you really have to nail it. Reminds me of the ring shot on LOTR. Why was the POTC out of service?

2 months later
#1021 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

For future reference we get all releases at Helicon from Stern, JJP, American Pinball, Chicago Gaming, Spooky, Kapow and any other manufacturer that produces a commercial product.
Unfortunately we will not be first out there. Talked to Chris at Kingpin and was told 6-8 weeks after they start rolling. Everyone else I am first but Spooky I am not. I do want this at helicon so you guys can see what you think. Any updates I'll let you know as soon as I know.
Thanks for the support as always Wes.

6-8 weeks isn't bad and considering you are one of the first every other new release I think people will let you slide this time

1 week later
#1033 4 years ago

Stranger Things arriving anytime soon?

#1037 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Thursday. Sorry. I had to spend time with these beautiful girls that live with me. It will be all set for Thursday. Pro model then LE usually a month later. Thanks for the support Bobby. Merry Christmas!

No need to apologize and I figured one was coming. Merry Christmas as well and thanks for giving us the gift of pinball.

1 week later
#1062 4 years ago

Was there today and there are a shit ton of games. I would like to see TNA stay and possibly the addition of a TOM, TOTAN, CFTBL, MM, Sopranos, or Stern POTC

1 month later
#1100 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

New things are always coming in. Be on the lookout for some great new titles at Helicon soon.

No StTh LE or R&M yet? Slacker

3 months later
#1132 3 years ago

It was packed today. Had a good time playing TBL. Hot Wheels felt like the flippers needed the power turned up.

#1154 3 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

For some reason, both flippers were set to lower than the default setting. You can tell the default settings on American Pinball games because they are the green number. Anyway, I increased the power to both flippers a touch and the game is playing much, much better.
Cheers,
Chris B.

Thanks Chris and I look forward to returning to play some more and have a few beers.

Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I can also speak to this. The game is playing incredibly well and I played a couple of games with my daughter yesterday. Was a blast. She loved it. I very much enjoyed it and I think with a little code this will be the biggest hit to be manufactured by American Pinball. Give it another try Bobby. I'm sure you will also agree. Sorry the flippers weren't up to par on your first shot. Have a few games on me next trip out. See you all soon!

I still enjoyed it and played it a bunch. Just felt it could have been better with stronger flippers and look forward to giving it another shot.

1 week later
#1194 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Well I finally got to play TBL and I really enjoyed it. It’s too bad DP has had so many problems because that is a solid playing games with a lot of mechs. That being said TMNT LE has arrived and that game is just special. I purchased a growler to go so as always thank you to the Chris’ for keeping pinball going.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is the pro still there?

#1201 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

That being said TMNT LE has arrived and that game is just special

I agree. Got to play both versions today and while I haven't been thrilled with many of the newer Sterns I feel this is thier best in a while and will sell a shit ton. If I was buying one I would personally want the LE. The pro is still nice but just feels like a pro.

#1204 3 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

People tell me they like the pros on most games better. I feel that the LE games are better but who am I to say.

That's why Helicon is hands down the best to go. Nobody else has a selection of LE's like you provide. Glad you guys are in the burgh.

#1206 3 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Chrisb doesn't like the LE games. Talk to this guy. Haha

So that explains why there is no JP or Stranger Things LE. I though you were just slacking.

#1208 3 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Lol. I don't slack on pins man. We have to put the LE games in your basement for safe keeping.... If your wife gonna be ok with that?

For sure. Just make sure one of them is the MMrLE

2 months later
#1228 3 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Time to assemble?!

Nice. I'll be there tonight.

#1232 3 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I'll be out today as well. Hope to spot some of y'all in the wild.

Went down to play and there was people setup with a camera live streaming. Was that planned? Bummed I didn't get to play and made a wasted trip. LE wasn't unboxed yet so I'll be going back this weekend.

#1240 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Did you put a quarter on the glass to reserve your spot in line

I haven't done that since Mortal Kombat however back then one quarter was all I needed.

#1254 3 years ago

Something seemed wrong with the Pro tonight. I had a good game and even collected all the avengers however never once got to pick a quest. I thought on the pro the post comes to hold the ball so you can selected the quest however the post never came up on any of my games. After playing both if I could build my own I would basically take the LE minus the Marvel ramp since I would prefer to have a 2nd spinner there.

Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Would you show for an mk tourney?

That would be awesome. I prefer the original however most people prefer MK2 or UMK3.

Quoted from chrisb:

The limit is now 30 people inside, but we rarely have that many even on weekends. Most folks are choosing to sit outside in the open air. As the weather cools that may change.

It was packed tonight outside and the parking lot was full. Not sure if it was for Octoberfest but there was a lot of people outside and it was nice to the place so busy.

#1262 3 years ago

If there is going to be people streaming tomorrow please post the times they will be tying up the machine so I can plan my visit accordingly

#1282 3 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:Just want to post that the love for GNR has been insane! I hope everyone is enjoying the game as much as it seems. The game has basically been played from open to close since it arrived. Very cool to see!

Did they fix the spinning disk issue? Ball kept getting hung up when I was there and you had to tilt the machine to free it up.

#1285 3 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I believe so. Have a call in to Chris B to confirm. I apologise, let me get you a beer for your troubles.

No need to apologize and it was no trouble at all. I don't care enough about my scores to worry about having to tilt it every now and then. Any idea when we might be seeing a R&M?

2 weeks later
#1307 3 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I see there are a lot of posts about GNR and the PF condition. Sorry I have not been able to respond, had a life event a few days ago and just catching up now. I have not looked at the game in person this week. I'll take a look and see where we are at with the PF, I'm sure JJP will be supporting us on this, but I'm not sure what the issues are with the clear coat on these games recently. Hard to understand what the change could be that has caused the hardness of the top surface to be so inconsistent. I know their are experts in clearcoating and refinishing to a near perfect surface on this site. Can anyone point me to their opinions on this matter? Do they have any publicly?
Thanks for the support, just know that we try to offer a great selection of games for you all to enjoy at Helicon, we hope you understand that we do anything we can to keep the games in the best condition possible and we will continue to strive to be a top location for all pinballers to play at. Any suggestions we are happy to hear.
Cheers!

Chris,

No need to apologize for the playfield condition and it's totally out of your control. It has no impact on gameplay and is not really a big deal for a game on route. It's just concerning for those considering buying one for their home and that's why it's a hot topic. You have the best selection of games in the world so don't owe anyone an apology and we are just thankful to have you in the burgh.

#1320 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Heading back East next month and planning on a few days at Helicon.

Let me know when you are going and I'll buy you a beer.

1 week later
#1335 3 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I know theatre of magic is there but other than that I forget.

Nice. My significant other will be happy since I could never pry the one from Vince's hands.

3 weeks later
#1361 3 years ago

Nice. Too bad they are closed on Mondays or I would head there right now.

1 week later
#1389 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

I stopped in for lunch today because I was hoping to play Rick and Morty before the new restrictions go into place. It was down again. Is this game having issues out of the box?

Wish I would have checked this thread before heading down there tonight because I was hoping to get to play it as well. Got there only to find it was turned off. I haven't had a chance to play it yet and hopefully it will be fixed when they open back after the new year.

#1394 3 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

I apologize for the game being off. The coin mech jams several times a day and I was not there to address it last night, sorry about that. Beers and a few games on me next time.

No worries and I still had fun playing the other games. R&M is the only new game I haven't played yet and with Gov Dipshit shutting down the state for 3 weeks I figured that was my last chance to play until after the new year.

1 month later
#1424 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

The legend gives a great interview![quoted image]

Thanks for the heads up and I'll give it a listen now.

#1433 3 years ago

Stopped by today and the rising spinner on ZepLE seemed like it was binding up and would not rotate freely. From the videos I seen you are supposed to be able to rip that so I think it might need a slight adjustment. Still had a good time as always and it was nice to finally be able to play R&M.

3 months later
#1450 2 years ago

Stopped by today and had a good time. Was able to take my buddy visiting from Chicago and his kid.

#1451 2 years ago

cjmjmm2006 you need to get out of the office more often. I was there today and they said you were in the back doing paperwork.

1 month later
#1459 2 years ago

Was going to cut the grass tonight but screw it that wait. Going to Helicon instead now.

2 weeks later
#1463 2 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

Hi All,
Sorry we have been so quiet lately. There has been a lot going on and we are finally getting caught up. Most notably, Helicon has opened a second location in McDonald, PA, less than five miles from the original brewery location. cjmjmm2006 has put quite a few nice games at this location. The list of pins is available at https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/15098-helicon-brewing-mcdonald-mcdonald-pa. This list should look familiar to our regular guests--all of the games were moved from the brewery to the new location. There are also pool tables, darts, and PA skill games. The space is air conditioned, spirits are served, and there are televisions for all sporting events. Hopefully folks are able to come check it out!
Also, we will be scheduling Stern Launch Party tournaments as directed by Stern, and monthly strike tournaments will be back starting in July with final details TBD.
Cheers,
Chris

When does the new location open up? Drove by last week to see where it was located and it didn't appear to be open yet.

4 months later
#1489 2 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:Legends have arrived!!!
[quoted image]

Great timing. Was planning on going tonight or tomorrow since my buddy is in from Chicago.

2 years later
#1637 87 days ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

So cool!!! Can't wait to stop out and play!
[quoted image]

I'll going to try and make it out there today. Hopefully we cross path Chris. It's been a long time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 12.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BoJo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/helicon-brewing-just-outside-pittsburgh-pa?tu=BoJo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.