Topic Stats

• 986 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by cjmjmm2006
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 215 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191104_225958 (resized).jpg
20191030_110955 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191026-174533_Gmail (resized).jpg
20191012_175515 (resized).jpg
20191012_173712 (resized).jpg
20191004_205349 (resized).jpg
elvirahh (resized).jpg
F6C73408-F6F2-4F86-A4C4-CACCB3766206 (resized).png
Screenshot_20190929-081218_Facebook (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1569735318024 (resized).jpg
123951(77) (resized).jpg
123951(76) (resized).jpg
20190920_124413 (resized).jpg
20190920_124417 (resized).jpg
20190920_124421 (resized).jpg
20190920_124423 (resized).jpg

There are 986 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 20.
#301 11 months ago
123951(7) (resized).jpg
#302 11 months ago

Eight games have been added in the past few days! All are in great shape and playing well.

A few classics--Gold Rush, Eight Ball, and Freedom. A brand new Mustang Limited Edition. Twilight Zone, Getaway II, Elvira and the Party Monsters, and Black Rose.

The complete list of games is always up to date on the pinside Helicon location page: https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/11372-helicon-brewing-oakdale-pa.

We are expecting up to four more games next week in time for the Helicon Open. Details on the tournament are on our webpage http://heliconbrewing.com/arcade.

As always, special thanks to cjmjmm2006 for making this happen.

Cheers,
Chris

#303 11 months ago

Also made this happen!

20181222_184223 (resized).jpg
#304 11 months ago
FB_IMG_1545544307413 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1545544324878 (resized).jpg
#305 11 months ago

Any update on which games will be played for the Open?

#306 11 months ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Are the games played on Friday and Saturday for seeding (everyone plays on Sunday) or is there a cutoff for who plays on Sunday?

#307 11 months ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

We are doing a final run down on games tonight, getting them in the best shape possible and we will announce the list (16 qualifying games, 4 banks of 4) late this evening.

#308 11 months ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Are the games played on Friday and Saturday for seeding (everyone plays on Sunday) or is there a cutoff for who plays on Sunday?

I believe qualifying is Friday and Saturday with finals being Sunday. So you can qualify either of the first 2 days and if you make the cut you are eligible for match play Sunday.

#309 11 months ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I believe qualifying is Friday and Saturday with finals being Sunday. So you can qualify either of the first 2 days and if you make the cut you are eligible for match play Sunday.

Yeah that was my question, if there was a cut or if everyone who played was just playing for seeding and everyone plays on Sunday. I'm guessing the cut will be based off of participation numbers. Good luck to all and I hope to see everyone there supporting a great establishment and great pins!

#310 11 months ago

Good luck Eric! I'll see you sometime this weekend.

#311 11 months ago

HELICON OPEN

Friday, December 28th – Sunday, December 30th, 2018

Details:

Cost is $20 per person to enter. 100% of entry fees will go towards the prize pool. Additional prizes will be contributed by Helicon Brewing and Starport LLC. All games will be on coin drop to play. There is no limit on the amount of qualifying games a player can play. There will be two days of qualifying with finals on the third day.

Format:

Games will be divided into four banks of four games. Players will receive points based on their score ranking for each game. Only three of the four banks will count towards the overall ranking of the player.

There will be A and B Division finals. Players with an IFPA ranking above 1000 are only eligible for A division. Finals will be four player groups scored 4-2-1-0. Top seed gets the choice of game or order. Any first round byes will depend on number of entries.

Payouts will be determined by the number of paid entries.

Schedule:

Friday, December 28th:

11:00am, qualifying begins
midnight, qualifying ends
Saturday, December 29th:

11:00am, qualifying begins
midnight, qualifying ends
Sunday, December 30th:

noon, finals begin

Bank 1:
Guardians of the Galaxy (LE) (Stern, 2017)
White Water (Williams, 1993)
Beatles (Stern, 2018)
Nine Ball (Stern, 1980)

Bank 2:
Star Wars (LE) (Stern, 2017)
The Addams Family (Bally, 1992)
Iron Man (Stern, 2010)
Eight Ball (Bally, 1977)

Bank 3:
Deadpool (LE) (Stern, 2018)
Attack From Mars (Remake) (Special Edition) (Chicago Gaming, 2017)
Ghostbusters (LE) (Stern, 2016)
Freedom (Bally, 1975)

Bank 4:
Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast (LE) (Stern, 2018)
Twilight Zone (Bally, 1993)
Houdini: Master of Mystery (American, 2017)
Gold Rush (Bally, 1966)

Notes:

All games in the tournament are set to $0.50 per play except both EMs are $0.25 per play. No extra balls.
Power does go out at the brewery from time to time. The utility infrastructure of the town is beyond the control of the brewery. The brewery will reimburse players for games lost due to the outage, but unfortunately any scores will be lost.
The point of this and all tournaments at Helicon is to have fun in a friendly and relaxed environment. Please remember this if you find yourself suddenly wanting to turn into an asshole.

#312 11 months ago

What an amazing weekend! Thanks for everyone that came out, even though I couldn't convince some of you to participate in the tournament, it was cool to talk pinball!

We appreciate all the support at Helicon and we hope to see the scene continue to grow there.

Big thanks to Chris B., Meg, Pete and the entire Helicon staff. They made this a hit and helped run a smooth event.

Over $750 in cash and prizes! Whoa! Congrats to JIM, PTY, BKR and Jeff T! Finishing 1 to 4 in that order. Hope to see everyone back soon. Events to be announced soon.

20181230_213747 (resized).jpg
#313 11 months ago

Happy to vote for Helicon Brewing this morning for Best Location for the Twippys (This Week in Pinball’s Awards Show).

#314 11 months ago
Quoted from Looking4FirstPin:

Happy to vote for Helicon Brewing this morning for Best Location for the Twippys (This Week in Pinball’s Awards Show).

Wow, what an honor!! Helicon is what it is because of the people evolved. Chris B makes this all doable for me guys. He truly is what is spearheading this effort. Also, the patrons have been great to meet, talk with and enjoy some games with.

My daughter has made a few friends too. Something I think is awesome. A 5 year old goes to bed saying "can I visit my friends at Helicon tomorrow dad?" Lol, it's hilarious.

#315 11 months ago

My name is mud! On site today at the Brewery! Morning delivery scheduled.

#316 11 months ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

MBr LE?

#317 11 months ago

No but that should be enroute as well. =)

#318 11 months ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Sounds like Primus to me?

#319 11 months ago

BINGO!

123951(9) (resized).jpg
#320 11 months ago

Really a nice game!

primus (resized).jpg
#321 11 months ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

No but that should be enroute as well. =)

What is the eta for MBR LE

#322 11 months ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

What is the eta for MBR LE

Soon. Coin Taker says our allotment of MBrLE will be in our hands mid month.

#323 11 months ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Soon. Coin Taker says our allotment of MBrLE will be in our hands mid month.

Great. Looking forward to trying one. Do you have any “Monday” $20 events planned this month?

#324 11 months ago

Stopped by again this weekend. My wife and daughters were with me so I couldn’t stay long. The girls tried out a few games but the amazing thing is my oldest liked “Kiss” the most. Found out Jeffree Star just got one and that’s why ( pretty color scheme).
Impressive collection, growing larger and more diverse. TWIP - Best location!

72D7C7B5-0CC6-4D44-9D60-21BCDCD0059D (resized).jpeg
#325 11 months ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Great. Looking forward to trying one. Do you have any “Monday” $20 events planned this month?

2 will be run every month. I believe they are January 14th and January 28th. Chrisb can verify.

#326 11 months ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Stopped by again this weekend. My wife and daughters were with me so I couldn’t stay long. The girls tried out a few games but the amazing thing is my oldest liked “Kiss” the most. Found out Jeffree Star just got one and that’s why ( pretty color scheme).
Impressive collection, growing larger and more diverse. TWIP - Best location!
[quoted image]

Wow!! You're too kind! We appreciate the love Gunnett!

Ps you have my number, text me when you are in the area.

Pss state college is coming.

1 week later
#328 10 months ago

Great read Joe, thanks for sharing.

#329 10 months ago

Chrisb is a rockstar!!

1 week later
#330 10 months ago

Safe Cracker has arrived and Chicago Cubs Triple Play is back. Primus is also fully functional and playing great. Currently at 37 pins in solid working order. Expecting two more (Munsters and Monster Bash) this week or next.

Cheers!
Chris

#331 10 months ago

Incredible!!

#332 10 months ago

Hmmmm, few more incoming too... Just haven't told ya yet. =)

Yeaaaaaa baby!!

#333 10 months ago

Any idea if the Munsters will be able to stop by for Monday?

#334 10 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

Any idea if the Munsters will be able to stop by for Monday?

I have 4 Munsters arriving at Helicon this week but I think they leave Stern on Monday.

#335 10 months ago

How is Blunderturds earning?
Do you still have it?
Asking for a friend

#336 10 months ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

How is Blunderturds earning?
Do you still have it?
Asking for a friend

It is consistently played by our casual crowd. It still sits at the brewery to this day. As many of you know I rarely if ever sell anything. I do like the gameplay and my kids (3 & 5) like it too.

#337 10 months ago

Will you have the Monster Bash remake for your event tomorrow?

#338 10 months ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Will you have the Monster Bash remake for your event tomorrow?

I do not believe so. I know we purchased a lot of them and specific numbers so that is the cause for delay I assume. Sorry for that.

#339 10 months ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I do not believe so. I know we purchased a lot of them and specific numbers so that is the cause for delay I assume. Sorry for that.

No worries. Your collection is great as is.

#340 10 months ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

No worries. Your collection is great as is.

Thank you very much. The best or nothing! =)

#341 10 months ago

With an overnight in Pittsburgh planned for tonight due to my part-time office being located there, I hope to be flipping at Helicon again this evening (Thursday) to finish off this cold January on a warm note. It's been two months since my last visit to Helicon, and I'm looking forward to the amazing line-up that has grown even more amazing since then.

#342 10 months ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

With an overnight in Pittsburgh planned for tonight due to my part-time office being located there, I hope to be flipping at Helicon again this evening (Thursday) to finish off this cold January on a warm note. It's been two months since my last visit to Helicon, and I'm looking forward to the amazing line-up that has grown even more amazing since then.

Think the additions are many. Safecracker I think is the newest. If I can make it out, I'll see you Joe. If not I have a meeting Wednesday in State College. We should get together.

#343 10 months ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I have 4 Munsters arriving at Helicon this week but I think they leave Stern on Monday.

Munsters arrive yet?

#344 10 months ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Think the additions are many. Safecracker I think is the newest. If I can make it out, I'll see you Joe. If not I have a meeting Wednesday in State College. We should get together.

Thanks, Chris. Safecracker is one of the ones I'm looking forward to playing tonight. I've only ever gotten to play it once. You have such great titles.

I would definitely like to get together when you're in State College on Wednesday. Right now I have an open schedule, so I could meet you at whatever time and place you say. Just PM, text, or call me nearer to that day if it works out for you.

Looking forward to flipping at Helicon tonight!

#345 10 months ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Safecracker is one of the ones I'm looking forward to playing tonight.

I know what opinions are like, we all do. I just can't believe that I would have EVER hear or read someone speak or type that sentence.

In my opinion, by all means one of three worst pinball machines ever manufactured.

Thank you for letting me vent...

#346 10 months ago
Quoted from SkeebWilcox:

I know what opinions are like, we all do. I just can't believe that I would have EVER hear or read someone speak or type that sentence.
In my opinion, by all means one of three worst pinball machines ever manufactured.

It's incredibly unique and esoteric. I always look forward to playing it, but one play is often enough. I think there are just so many bizarre design choices, amongst the bizarre design choices, at hand. I'm glad it exists, as in ways, it feels like a weird, direct lead-in for Dialed In, which is also funky in ways. For Lawlor to have started with Banzai Run, then head these directions, is so damn amazing!

#347 10 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

Quoted from SkeebWilcox:I know what opinions are like, we all do. I just can't believe that I would have EVER hear or read someone speak or type that sentence.
It's incredibly unique and esoteric. I always look forward to playing it, but one play is often enough. I think there are just so many bizarre design choices, amongst the bizarre design choices, at hand. I'm glad it exists, as in ways, it feels like a weird, direct lead-in for Dialed In, which is also funky in ways. For Lawlor to have started with Banzai Run, then head these directions, is so damn amazing!

I get you both, but Safecracker intrigues me because it's a novelty and I because I don't yet understand it. As for Dialed In, it's one of the few games I've played that I just find kind of--well, creepy. Like a deep fake or something. I'm sure I could learn to love it if I played it enough--if only my local operator would buy one.

Speaking of which, two more pinheads from State College--one of them my local operator--are joining me for some flipping at Helicon tonight. Good times!

#348 10 months ago

My take on safecracker is simple. If you have a vast collection of games, safecracker can easily fit in. If you have less than 10 games, it will stick out. We have had many many requests for games at helicon. I have done my best to listen and bring those to light. I hope everyone appreciates all the efforts from Chrisb and his staff. They are awesome.

Thanks for all the support everyone!

#349 10 months ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

I get you both, but Safecracker intrigues me because it's a novelty and I because I don't yet understand it. As for Dialed In, it's one of the few games I've played that I just find kind of--well, creepy. Like a deep fake or something. I'm sure I could learn to love it if I played it enough--if only my local operator would buy one.
Speaking of which, two more pinheads from State College--one of them my local operator--are joining me for some flipping at Helicon tonight. Good times!

Wish I'd known you were in town Joe! I would have met you for some teacher/student dollar game wagers

#350 10 months ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

My take on safecracker is simple. If you have a vast collection of games, safecracker can easily fit in. If you have less than 10 games, it will stick out. We have had many many requests for games at helicon. I have done my best to listen and bring those to light. I hope everyone appreciates all the efforts from Chrisb and his staff. They are awesome.
Thanks for all the support everyone!

I agree with that mentality completely! (I even think it deserves a different spot than where it's at in the facility presently.). Safecracker was one of my favorites when I visited the Silver Ball Museum in Jersey this past summer!

Do you guys use a lift system for moving them about, when the escalara isn't present? I saw a really cool video regarding a Harbor Freight lift, that seemingly has had some popularity here on the site.

Any thoughts on bringing any JPOP pins in? I'd love to see a TOTAN, CV, or TOM!

And I'm guessing the Munsters should be pulling up in Dragula, any day now.......?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Perham, MN
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
There are 986 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 20.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside