123_1(88) (resized).jpeg
123_1(87) (resized).jpeg
123_1(90) (resized).jpeg
20240125_163420 (resized).jpg
jaws_date (resized).jpg
jaws_delivery (resized).jpg
elton_john3 (resized).jpg
elton_john2 (resized).jpg
There are 1,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 34.
#101 5 years ago

Wow this place just keeps on getting better

#102 5 years ago

Thanks Delt! We have 4 deadpools incoming next week! Hope to see you there!

Quoted from delt31:

Wow this place just keeps on getting better

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Thanks Delt! We have 4 deadpools incoming next week! Hope to see you there!

Four Deadpool’s just at Helicon? I’m not complaining but why? That’s amazing that you are getting POTC so soon. I agree with Delt Helicon just keeps getting better and better!

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Four Deadpool’s just at Helicon? I’m not complaining but why? That’s amazing that you are getting POTC so soon. I agree with Delt Helicon just keeps getting better and better!

Hi Eric, there is a fun reason behind it. =) stays tuned!

#105 5 years ago

Thanks to everyone that came out to talk about the game and pins in general. Also want to thank everyone for the beers and kind words. Really makes it easy to do this when we have so much support. My girls also loved meeting everyone. What a great turnout for the launch of this game. Remember the official launch is listed on the IFPA page and we can wait to see everyone competing on this game.

Free Play on all Pins at Helicon next Thursday. Even Pirates! See you here!

#106 5 years ago

Got news that 4 deadpool pinballs will be dropped at Helicon tomorrow afternoon. Although we are not open, you may have the opportunity to sneak a peak. =)

#107 5 years ago

did deadpool arrive at Helicon?

#108 5 years ago

Cjmjmm2006 can verify this, but I believe the shipment was delayed until today or tomorrow.

#109 5 years ago

Deadpool is scheduled to arrive today between noon and 4pm.

#110 5 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

Deadpool is scheduled to arrive today between noon and 4pm.

Has Deadpool arrived yet.

#111 5 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Are we there yet?

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Yes. There are 4 of them setup. Just got back from playing.

#113 5 years ago

Awesome. I'll prob stop by tomorrow.

#114 5 years ago

4x BOOM!!!!

20180822_172140 (resized).jpg20180822_172140 (resized).jpg20180822_172227 (resized).jpg20180822_172227 (resized).jpg20180822_185619 (resized).jpg20180822_185619 (resized).jpg20180822_190133 (resized).jpg20180822_190133 (resized).jpg
#115 5 years ago

So tonight is the night. Happy Hour starts at 5pm, half price on all starts until 7pm. After Happy Hour we start Free Play Pinball until 9 o'clock PM!! Hope to see everyone there, Gyro truck will be present as well if you are hungry.

I'll be in a black Starport Polo, I've met a lot of you recently, but please stop and say hi. It's always great to meet a few more insane people that love this hobby. I'm grateful for the many thanks for the collection at Helicon. It is only growing, Alice Cooper, Thunderbirds, Monster Bash LE are all in the pipe.

Hope to see you there!

#116 5 years ago

Seriously, I wish I was closer! This place looks awesome!

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Seriously, I wish I was closer! This place looks awesome!

Thanks so much for the kind words. It's a great place for a nice pint and to play pins. We almost always get the best food trucks in the area due to our customer base. We are definitely the bright star in Oakdale PA. =)

#118 5 years ago

Today is tournament day. Hope everyone can make it out. Tourney starts at 2pm. Thanks everyone for contacting us about the rules of the venue.

Some highlights of that are:

The facility is all ages. If you have kids they are certainly welcome as long as they are accompanied by a parent or guardian.

You may bring your own food. There are some very good local selections and most weekends there will be a food truck present throughout the day.

There are few more highlights but I have to get out there. Hope to see you there.

#119 5 years ago

Huge thank you to all that came out today. WOW! This was an amazing turnout with some awesome players, hobbyists and casual pinballers alike. Nice to meet everyone and thanks for all the feedback. Very valuable.

I have some notes to share with Chris B and this will only get better.

Cant wait for Thunderbirds, MBr, Alice Cooper and whatever else you guys can dream up!!

#120 5 years ago

To the Victor's Go the Spoils!!

FB_IMG_1535257079005 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1535257079005 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1535257084744 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1535257084744 (resized).jpg
#121 5 years ago

Just wanted to do an updated list now and keep people following in the loop for future machines, events etc.

Current line up:

1. Attack from Mars Special Edition
2. Dialed In Limited Edition
3. Iron Maiden Limited Edition
4. Houdini
5. Wrestlemania Pro
6. Ghostbusters Limited Edition
7. Starwars Limited Edition
8. The Walking Dead Limited Edition
9. Guardians of the Galaxy Limited Edition
10. Deadpool Pro
11. Flintstones
12. Jersey Jack Pirates of the Caribbean Limited Edition
13. Lexy Lightspeed
14. Total Nuclear Annihilation
15. Star Trek the next Generation
16. Iron Man Vault Edition
17. Medieval Madness CGC
18. World Cup Soccer

Potential newcomers:

Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle
Thunderbirds
Monster Bash CGC
Deadpool Limited Edition

Events:

The Pedal and Plunge comes back to Pittsburgh for the end of September! Details to follow.

Flip n Booze 1.0 to enter the fold at Helicon. If you have ever participated in this event, you will be excited.

Helicon Annual Pinball Open. Will likely be 3 tournaments over 3 days all with different formats scheduled along side the best food trucks in the city!

Monthly Strike Tournaments ongoing.

We are happy to bring you the best pinball lineup around. Let us know if anything sparks you're interest moving forward.

#122 5 years ago

September Pints & Pins is up!

https://www.facebook.com/events/218528952178232/?ti=cl

Also Pigs in Paradise will be present for this event, making it a must if you are around.

https://www.facebook.com/events/241096989923018/?ti=cl

Cheers!

FB_IMG_1535979824750 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1535979824750 (resized).jpg
#123 5 years ago

"Congrats to Greg on the win today! Congrats also to Bryan for 2nd and Andy for 3rd. Today was a super solid crowd of great players thanks to everyone for coming out.

Next Saturday 9/15 is our Stern Deadpool Launch Party and the following Saturday 9/22 is our Jersey Jack Pirates of the Caribbean Launch Party. Hope some folks can make it out!

Cheers,
Chris"

-CB, Helicon Owner

FB_IMG_1536497719714 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1536497719714 (resized).jpg
#124 5 years ago

Deadpool Launch Party at Helicon is this coming Saturday starting at 2pm. No entry fee, free to participate (Helicon and Starport will pay your IFPA fees), stern swag and other prizes to the winners!

Event Page here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/551024108649369/?ti=cl

Thanks everyone for all the support this first year! We appreciate it and will continue to bring you the best pinball collection possible!

#125 5 years ago

Bump for my Heliconians!

Code has been updated. Game is playing great. Hope to see everyone there.

Thanks for the continued support.

#126 5 years ago

Prizes are also in. Come check it out!

FB_IMG_1536956039600 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1536956039600 (resized).jpg
#127 5 years ago

I’ve never been to a launch party how does it work? Is it a tournament on just Deadpool?

#128 5 years ago

High score on deadpool. You play your game, record your score then you can enter the queue again if you wish to better your score. Tournament goes on from 2pm to 6pm. See you there!

Quoted from Ericc123:

I’ve never been to a launch party how does it work? Is it a tournament on just Deadpool?

#129 5 years ago

Great place to play and hangout, Good luck to all the contestants! Those translites are nice pieces of art to add to a game room!

Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Prizes are also in. Come check it out!
[quoted image]

#130 5 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Great place to play and hangout, Good luck to all the contestants! Those translites are nice pieces of art to add to a game room!

Certainly are. I need to make a jig on my table saw to frame these for the winners. Unfortunately I have so many projects going I might literally lose my mind if I attempt it. Haha.

Thanks for the kind words and I hope we get the opportunity to cross paths at Helicon or a show someday. Are you going to attend the York Show?

#131 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Certainly are. I need to make a jig on my table saw to frame these for the winners. Unfortunately I have so many projects going I might literally lose my mind if I attempt it. Haha.
Thanks for the kind words and I hope we get the opportunity to cross paths at Helicon or a show someday. Are you going to attend the York Show?

Definitely considering it. I’ll be traveling the week before, just depends on how that goes and if I feel like selling anything. I might be back over to Helicon before that, Do you still have an LE Deadpool coming there?

#132 5 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Definitely considering it. I’ll be traveling the week before, just depends on how that goes and if I feel like selling anything. I might be back over to Helicon before that, Do you still have an LE Deadpool coming there?

Yes. We are told it will be part of the line up next week.

Safe travels!

#133 5 years ago

Thanks to Chris B for running the tournament, Helicon Brewing for hosting the event and everyone that join us this afternoon. Had a great time! Thank you. Also shout out to the taco truck guy for trying to get me to sell him a whirlwind. Haha

Screenshot_20180915-214059_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20180915-214059_Facebook (resized).jpg
#134 5 years ago

Next up JJP Pirates of the Caribbean launch! Another IFPA sanctioned event. This will also be fully sponsored by Helicon and Starport. No fees so come get your game on!

#135 5 years ago

Deadpool LE #11 incoming. Will arrive before the weekend. If you plan on carousing at our JJP Pirates Launch Party, we will also have some DPLE#11 to give a spin.

See you all this weekend!!

#136 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Deadpool LE #11 incoming. Will arrive before the weekend. If you plan on carousing at our JJP Pirates Launch Party, we will also have some DPLE#11 to give a spin.

the best keeps on getting better - NICE!

#137 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

the best keeps on getting better - NICE!

Thanks Delt. I appreciate! We've been told by many we are the best. We are glad we are considered to be in the conversation.

#138 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:Deadpool LE #11 incoming. Will arrive before the weekend. If you plan on carousing at our JJP Pirates Launch Party, we will also have some DPLE#11 to give a spin.

That’s awesome, I can’t wait to see what the cabinet looks like in person.

#139 5 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

That’s awesome, I can’t wait to see what the cabinet looks like in person.

I was impressed. I buy every LE and to be fair I'm not always impressed by the vision of the art. I dont know how you make someone's art better or more desirable but some cabs I've preferred the base or premium versions. The LE is truly my favorite on this specific game. Hope to see you there. May have my alien completely working with many insane fixes added to the line up also. We will see if ill risk it again.

#140 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I was impressed. I buy every LE and to be fair I'm not always impressed by the vision of the art. I dont know how you make someone's art better or more desirable but some cabs I've preferred the base or premium versions. The LE is truly my favorite on this specific game. Hope to see you there. May have my alien completely working with many insane fixes added to the line up also. We will see if ill risk it again.

Did you get your Alien from Cointaker first batch? I could be wrong but I think I met you when you were picking up Alien from Melissa at the warehouse. I got mine the same day.

Bring back Alien if you can - that would amazing!

#141 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Did you get your Alien from Cointaker first batch? I could be wrong but I think I met you when you were picking up Alien from Melissa at the warehouse. I got mine the same day.
Bring back Alien if you can - that would amazing!

We have met and talked a few times on the phone. You text to ask about the topper mine had. I was in Sunbery with you that day and offered to transport your game for you. =) thanks for supporting what I do, you are too kind.

#142 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

We have met and talked a few times on the phone. You text to ask about the topper mine had. I was in Sunbery with you that day and offered to transport your game for you. =) thanks for supporting what I do, you are too kind.

yep I thought so. At that time you had the place in WV - thanks for bringing a place much closer to me! No joke, I would support sending a monthly fee just to keep these games coming in like you're doing. It's amazing to get the newest games right away and so close by. Plus the beer is actually good - a lot of these micros sound good but taste bad. Not the case at your place.

#143 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

yep I thought so. At that time you had the place in WV - thanks for bringing a place much closer to me! No joke, I would support sending a monthly fee just to keep these games coming in like you're doing. It's amazing to get the newest games right away and so close by. Plus the beer is actually good - a lot of these micros sound good but taste bad. Not the case at your place.

Cheers Delt.

I appreciate the recognition and I have a great relationship with Helicon's owner who is also named Chris. Before we chose Helicon for this venture I went to a lot of different stops to test the product and see the space. Chris was a very gracious host and insane how hospitiable he was to his guests. It was then easy to make this transition into a pinball location.

Now we will be getting in DP#11, Thunderbirds this week. Aliens is also in the pipe. We hope to grow this to around 30 pins by the end of the year. Games that are definites are MBr, ACNC, and anything the industry comes up with between now and then. =)

#144 5 years ago

Visiting for an overnight next week between two work days in Pittsburgh, so planning to stop for an evening of playing at Helicon. Fantastic lineup. Can't wait!

#145 5 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Visiting for an overnight next week between two work days in Pittsburgh, so planning to stop for an evening of playing at Helicon. Fantastic lineup. Can't wait!

Awesome Joe! Please text me and I will try to make it out. I'd love to introduce you to the owner of Helicon. He is a great guy. Hope we can link up.

#146 5 years ago

In other news, Joe at Pinballstar has confirmed our Thunderbirds Pinball will be there very soon!

Thanks Joe Newhart for making this happen for us!

And in other news..... our shipper has confirmed delivery of Deadpool LE #11 for tomorrow by 3pm!! Come check out this awesome selection of games.

I will be around almost all day Saturday for the JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Limited Edition Pinball Launch Party!! What a mouth full.

#147 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Awesome Joe! Please text me and I will try to make it out. I'd love to introduce you to the owner of Helicon. He is a great guy. Hope we can link up.

Will do, Chris. Unless my boss loads me up with evening work I'll be there playing on Tuesday night. Take care.

#148 5 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Will do, Chris. Unless my boss loads me up with evening work I'll be there playing on Tuesday night. Take care.

You heard it here. You have a chance to meet a central PA legend on Tuesday.

Cheers Joe! It's been too long.

#149 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

You heard it here. You have a chance to meet a central PA legend on Tuesday.
Cheers Joe! It's been too long.

Aw, shucks, Chris. Now you made me go and brag. Here's an article from the current Penn Stater alumni magazine about me and my modest little pinball hobby. Note the plug for Chronic Town--the best place to play if you're ever in State College.

PennStaterMagazine (resized).jpgPennStaterMagazine (resized).jpg
#150 5 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Aw, shucks, Chris. Now you made me go and brag. Here's an article from the current Penn Stater alumni magazine about me and my modest little pinball hobby. Note the plug for Chronic Town--the best place to play if you're ever in State College.
[quoted image]

Been to C-town many times. Haha.

Thanks for sharing Joe!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 1,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/helicon-brewing-just-outside-pittsburgh-pa/page/3?hl=ericc123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.