20240130_194755 (resized).jpg
20240130_194854 (resized).jpg
123_1(88) (resized).jpeg
123_1(87) (resized).jpeg
123_1(90) (resized).jpeg
20240125_163420 (resized).jpg
jaws_date (resized).jpg
jaws_delivery (resized).jpg
There are 1,666 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 34.
#1601 1 year ago

Code has been updated on Scooby Doo (Collectors Edition) and The Godfather (LE). Both are still playing great and folks seem to really be enjoying them both.

Also, a Blackwater 100 was recent added to the collection at the brewery. A fun game you don't see every day!

Cheers,
Chris B.

Edit: Code was also updated on James Bond, Toy Story, and Guns 'n Roses.

#1602 1 year ago

Foo landed?

#1603 1 year ago

Rumor is they ship today and arrive Friday.

I will post here immediately upon their arrival. It would surprise me exactly zero if FedEx drops the ball and the games do not arrive until Monday.

#1604 1 year ago

Thanks to everyone who came out for free play at the brewery last Monday! We had a great turn out and look forward to the next one on Monday, April 10th:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/free-play-pinball-april-10th-2023-tickets-602797572767
https://www.facebook.com/events/236742195581902

Cheers,
Chris B.

#1605 1 year ago

#foo-fighters-pro has arrived and is ready to play at the brewery!

#1606 1 year ago

Foo yeah! Nice to convince my wife to drive me so I can have a good ole time

#1607 1 year ago

First game. Fast flowing shots.

IMG_5124 (resized).jpegIMG_5124 (resized).jpegIMG_5125 (resized).jpegIMG_5125 (resized).jpeg
#1608 1 year ago
Quoted from cconway84:

First game. Fast flowing shots.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Can't wait, hopefully be there tonight

2 months later
#1609 1 year ago

There have been a lot of changes in the games in the past month or so! There was a major refresh on the collection and then we had to remove around 10 games to make room for our new brewery production tanks. There are still 45 games here in excellent shape! Thanks to cjmjmm2006 for all the tech time and great games! The pinside location list of games is all up to date.

Also, tonight is week 2 of pinball league. It is not too late to start for anyone interested! The league is Tuesday nights at the brewery and starts at 7:30pm. 4 games of pinball is played in groups of 3 or 4 players. If anyone has any question shoot me a message here or check out the facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/767000765101478/767522808382607/.

Cheers,
Chris B.

2 months later
#1610 9 months ago

Did you guys get Venom yet?

#1611 9 months ago
Quoted from Gotman:

Did you guys get Venom yet?

Eight arrived at the brewery this morning. One is all set up here and playing great! The rest are on their way to being set up at other locations; I am not sure where any of them will land.

Cheers,
Chris B.

venom (resized).jpgvenom (resized).jpg
#1612 9 months ago

Seriously - the best is right here in pittsburgh. Unbelievable! Great job

#1613 9 months ago

Bond 60th and venom on location. And insider connected enabled

71642160972__1C2BD23F-A51A-4A1F-AA13-4908C53599FD (resized).jpeg71642160972__1C2BD23F-A51A-4A1F-AA13-4908C53599FD (resized).jpegIMG_5777 (resized).jpegIMG_5777 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#1614 8 months ago

Has venom LE or prem landed yet at my fav place? Curious to check it out!

#1615 8 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Has venom LE or prem landed yet at my fav place? Curious to check it out!

#venom-le was here for around three days last week before it was removed. I am not sure where it landed. There might be a chance it comes back for the official Launch Party Tournament scheduled for this coming Sunday at 2pm.

#1616 8 months ago

The collection at the brewery in Oakdale and also our taproom in McDonald have both had a major refresh. The updated list for the brewery in Oakdale and McDonald taproom are both on pinside.

There has been some significant tech time to keep all of the games playing great! (Well, except for The Big Lebowski--we all know how fragile that one is. )

As always, many thanks to cjmjmm2006 for keep the collections fresh and in such great shape!

#1617 8 months ago

We are still holding our monthly strikes tournaments on the third Sunday of every month at 2pm. It is usually a very casual and light crowd and a good time for everyone. The monthly strikes tournaments are free to enter with gift card and cash prizes depending on turn out.
This Sunday is also the Venom Launch Party at 2pm. Best score qualifying from 2pm-6pm followed by a finals bracket. The winner will get the plaque provided by Stern. In the past, the translite also provided by Stern has gone to second place. However, going forward, we will randomly choose a winner for the translite before the finals bracket begins. There is no need to be present to win the translite.
Both tournaments are free to enter and open to players of all ages and skill levels.

Also, please save the date for the Helicon Open this winter--Thursday, December 14th through Sunday, December 17th. We are actively working on providing all of the details and hope to have it all set in the next couple of weeks.

All information on pinball at the brewery can be found on the brewery website.

#1618 8 months ago

Stern Insider Connected is in full force at the brewery! We currently have 13 games set up with Insider Connected with many more on the way. Folks seem to be enjoying going for the achievements. Also, the saved progress on Venom (Pro) is a great feature. Insider Connected is free and dead simple to set up--please ask us if you have any questions!

Also, Insider Connected Leaderboards are coming real soon. Stay tuned!

#1619 8 months ago

#stern-james-bond-007-60th-le is back at the brewery! It is the 14th Insider Connected game on location.

#1620 8 months ago
Quoted from chrisb:

James Bond 007 (60th LE) is back at the brewery! It is the 14th Insider Connected game on location.

Really glad to hear Insider Connect is in full force now Chris!!!

#1621 8 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

Really glad to hear Insider Connect is in full force now Chris!!!

Nice to see you today Wes! Folks really seem to be liking the Insider Connect for sure!

1 week later
#1622 7 months ago

Any word if Chris will be bringing in Labrynth?

1 month later
#1623 6 months ago

Any Elton John sightings?

1 week later
#1624 6 months ago

The Helicon Open is back this Thursday through Sunday! The full details including game banks are available on our website at heliconbrewing.com/pinball/#heliconopen.

The format is generally the same:
-the Main Tournament qualifying is Thursday through Saturday with finals on Sunday
-the Main Tournament is 5 game tickets same as last year
-there are separate Classics tournaments Thursday, Friday, and Saturday with finals brackets starting at 6pm every evening

There is also the usual charity one-ball tournament on Toy Story 4 this year and also several classic arcade tournaments going on. Hope to see you all there!!!

#1625 6 months ago

Also, no signs of Labyrinth or Elton John yet. I am almost certain that the next new game at the brewery will be the next Stern release.

#1626 6 months ago
Quoted from chrisb:

The Helicon Open is back this Thursday through Sunday! The full details including game banks are available on our website at heliconbrewing.com/pinball/#heliconopen.
The format is generally the same:
-the Main Tournament qualifying is Thursday through Saturday with finals on Sunday
-the Main Tournament is 5 game tickets same as last year
-there are separate Classics tournaments Thursday, Friday, and Saturday with finals brackets starting at 6pm every evening
There is also the usual charity one-ball tournament on Toy Story 4 this year and also several classic arcade tournaments going on. Hope to see you all there!!!

I'm excited for the tournament. I stopped in Tuesday on my way to the airport and the games were playing well. I'm in the holiday spirit so I might let somebody else win!

1 week later
#1627 5 months ago

#elton-john-pe has arrived at the brewery! Many thanks to cjmjmm2006 as always!!

elton_john1 (resized).jpgelton_john1 (resized).jpgelton_john2 (resized).jpgelton_john2 (resized).jpgelton_john3 (resized).jpgelton_john3 (resized).jpg
#1628 5 months ago

Merry Christmas to Chris B and Mr Myers. Happy holidays as well. Premier location in the entire state!

2 weeks later
#1629 5 months ago

Our McDonald location has had a nice collection refresh and is now up to 20 games! Lots of classics, a few new Sterns, and many all-time favorites. The complete list is up to date on pinside at: https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/15098-helicon-brewing-mcdonald-mcdonald-pa

We are still doing $10 free plays on the first and third Mondays of each month and are planning lots of events in 2024!

#1630 5 months ago

The game collection at the brewery has also had a nice refresh. There are now 31 total Stern pins including 21 Insider Connected games. Pretty much every Stern that can be Insider Connected is here except Munsters, which will be back at some point. Word is that Jaws will be arriving soon--maybe even next week--and I will post here as soon as the details are available.

We also have Stern Insider Connected Leaderboards running for the month of January. All 21 Insider Connected games are included. The leaderboards are available to view in any browser at the link provided by Stern: https://insider.sternpinball.com/insider/leaderboards/vEHD-MQo-ihQ

The complete, updated list of games currently at the brewery can always be found here on pinside at: https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/11372-helicon-brewing-oakdale-pa

Cheers,
Chris B.

1 week later
#1631 4 months ago

Any shark sightings at Helicon?

#1632 4 months ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Any shark sightings at Helicon?

Nothing as of today.

#1633 4 months ago

14x Jaws (Pro) landed at Helicon early this morning and will be set up for play at the brewery until at least Wednesday morning when they are moved to other locations.

Folks are welcome to stop down any time to play today, even before we open.

jaws_delivery (resized).jpgjaws_delivery (resized).jpg

#1634 4 months ago

Manufactured yesterday!

jaws_date (resized).jpgjaws_date (resized).jpg
#1635 4 months ago

So cool!!! Can't wait to stop out and play!

20240125_163420 (resized).jpg20240125_163420 (resized).jpg
#1636 4 months ago
Quoted from chrisb:

14x Jaws (Pro) landed at Helicon early this morning and will be set up for play at the brewery until at least Wednesday morning when they are moved to other locations.
[quoted image]

the best!!!

#1637 4 months ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

So cool!!! Can't wait to stop out and play!
[quoted image]

I'll going to try and make it out there today. Hopefully we cross path Chris. It's been a long time.

#1638 4 months ago
Quoted from chrisb:

[quoted image]

... but why?

#1639 4 months ago

Hi Panzer,

We do this as a fun way to get the games unboxed and tested prior to going to their final locations before the launch parties are scheduled. This location is typically where our launch games ship or are delivered before they are dispersed. It's also a fun way to get a lot of play tests on the games to figure out if any fine tuning will be necessary. Fortunately all of these games played well out of the box and they will be ready to head down the road.

I hope that answers your question. Most of our locals come out for these types of events. It could have been over 30 games but we could not fit them all in the space. If we could have, I am willing to bet it would have been the largest representation of the game on location or at a show you will ever see.

Cheers!

123_1(87) (resized).jpeg123_1(87) (resized).jpeg123_1(88) (resized).jpeg123_1(88) (resized).jpeg123_1(90) (resized).jpeg123_1(90) (resized).jpeg
#1640 4 months ago
Quoted from BoJo:

I'll going to try and make it out there today. Hopefully we cross path Chris. It's been a long time.

If you are available Tuesday evening I should be around. Would love to see ya. Hope you are well!

#1641 4 months ago

Thanks Delt!! We appreciate your support!

#1642 4 months ago

Hi chrisb are the monthly lucky strike events going to start back up? My boy and I will be there today at 2pm to play but no worries if no event is planned.
Also looking forward to swim with some sharks!

#1643 4 months ago
Quoted from VDog:

Hi chrisb are the monthly lucky strike events going to start back up? My boy and I will be there today at 2pm to play but no worries if no event is planned.

I think the monthly tournaments are still happening. I'm not sure which day though.

#1644 4 months ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Hi Panzer,
We do this as a fun way to get the games unboxed and tested prior to going to their final locations before the launch parties are scheduled. This location is typically where our launch games ship or are delivered before they are dispersed. It's also a fun way to get a lot of play tests on the games to figure out if any fine tuning will be necessary. Fortunately all of these games played well out of the box and they will be ready to head down the road.
I hope that answers your question. Most of our locals come out for these types of events. It could have been over 30 games but we could not fit them all in the space. If we could have, I am willing to bet it would have been the largest representation of the game on location or at a show you will ever see.
Cheers!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for setting the machines up for everyone to enjoy! We made the 2-hour drive and it was well worth it. If there was only one machine we would have stayed home. All those machines gave everyone plenty of opportunities to enjoy the latest Stern machine. Best location in Pittsburgh!

#1645 4 months ago

Wife and I were there last night! Jaws was great and it was awesome to have so many of them available to play! Been going to Helicon for years and it keeps getting better. Having all the popular Sterns linked to Insider Connect and the leader board displayed is really cool!

#1646 4 months ago
Quoted from VDog:

Yes, the monthly strikes will be held this year. They are generally on the 3rd Sunday of every month. I will update the brewery website with exact dates as soon as I get them confirmed with the IFPA.

Thanks,
chrisb

#1647 4 months ago

The brewery will be open today, Monday 1/29, from 3pm-10pm for a Jaws (Pro) pinball event. All 12 games will be set to free play and can be enjoyed the entire 7 hours for a $10 entry fee.

The facebook event can be found at https://www.facebook.com/events/350551384571779.

The 12 Jaws games have all been playing great. They will start being removed to go to other locations Wednesday morning. Come see them while they are here!

#1648 4 months ago
Quoted from chrisb:

Manufactured yesterday!
[quoted image]

That's the warranty expiration date!

#1649 4 months ago

The 12 Pack Shark Attack was a huge success! Thank you Helicon Brewing and Stern Pinball for helping make this launch a ton of fun for everyone involved.

20240130_194105 (resized).jpg20240130_194105 (resized).jpg20240130_194114 (resized).jpg20240130_194114 (resized).jpg20240130_194755 (resized).jpg20240130_194755 (resized).jpg20240130_194854 (resized).jpg20240130_194854 (resized).jpg
#1650 4 months ago

Amazing, Chris x 2. When you guys do this stuff, I want to move to Pittsburgh.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

15,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 449.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lodi, WI
There are 1,666 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/helicon-brewing-just-outside-pittsburgh-pa/page/33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.