123_1(88) (resized).jpeg
123_1(87) (resized).jpeg
123_1(90) (resized).jpeg
20240125_163420 (resized).jpg
jaws_date (resized).jpg
jaws_delivery (resized).jpg
elton_john3 (resized).jpg
elton_john2 (resized).jpg
There are 1,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 34.
#1501 2 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

Sadly, not this year. Things are exceptionally busy at the brewery and the slight uptick of covid has lots of folks on edge. We are 100% committed to having the event next year as long as things remain generally under control. The launch party tournaments have started back up and we will start the monthly strike tournaments next month. Maybe at all three Helicon locations...

3rd location? Can you say where yet?

#1502 2 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

The Celts is setup and playing great. This is a beautiful, solid game I expect folks will enjoy to a high degree. There are quite a few new games at the brewery all looking and playing great. Folks really seem to be enjoying the refresh on the collection. Much love and thanks to Chris M. for everything. Hope to see everyone soon!
Chris B.
[quoted image]

Hoping to get there Sunday! Been too long!

#1503 2 years ago

Merry Christmas, everyone. Is JJP GnR still at Helicon?

#1504 2 years ago
Quoted from Looking4FirstPin:

As of two Fridays ago it was, over by the garage door side in the middle.

#1505 2 years ago

Thank you

#1506 2 years ago
Quoted from Looking4FirstPin:

Yes

#1507 2 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

3rd location? Can you say where yet?

I was wondering if anyone would catch this!

Not quite ready for an official announcement yet. I think all I can say at this time is that it is in the Pittsburgh metro area and not real close to either existing location. Hopefully the formal announcement will come shortly after the new year!

Cheers,
Chris B.

#1508 2 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

As of two Fridays ago it was, over by the garage door side in the middle.

The game is still here but has been moved to just outside our walkin cooler.

#1509 2 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

I was wondering if anyone would catch this!
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"b6f92a51a37d6e77dc5af79dc10eaee5f23e2bfd-1640720847-1800"};
//]]>

Not quite ready for an official announcement yet. I think all I can say at this time is that it is in the Pittsburgh metro area and not real close to either existing location. Hopefully the formal announcement will come shortly after the new year!
Cheers,
Chris B.

Chris M told me a few year’s ago what he wanted to do, so I hope it has something to do with that! Best of luck!

1 week later
#1510 2 years ago

Tournaments are back at Helicon Brewing!

Monthly strike tournaments are all set and IFPA approved for the third Sunday of every month starting in February.

Launch party tournaments will be scheduled for all new games arriving at the brewery. At this time, the only scheduled and IFPA approved launch party is for Celts.

The Helicon Open will be held Thursday, December 15, 2022 through Sunday, December 18, 2022. The IFPA approval and final details are still pending but should be set sometime this week.

All tournament dates, times, and format details are available at http://heliconbrewing.com/pinball.

1 week later
#1511 2 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

Tournaments are back at Helicon Brewing!

Monthly strike tournaments are all set and IFPA approved for the third Sunday of every month starting in February.

Launch party tournaments will be scheduled for all new games arriving at the brewery. At this time, the only scheduled and IFPA approved launch party is for Celts.

The Helicon Open will be held Thursday, December 15, 2022 through Sunday, December 18, 2022. The IFPA approval and final details are still pending but should be set sometime this week.

All tournament dates, times, and format details are available at http://heliconbrewing.com/pinball.

Great to see this news. Just a shout-out from State College to both Chris's at Helicon. This COVID mess stopped me from traveling to Pittsburgh for the last two years, but I may have to make a trek west again in the next few weeks for work, and if so I'll plan an overnight so I can visit my fave place to flip in the Pittsburgh area. Glad to see you guys just keep on rollin'.

1 week later
#1512 2 years ago

Great lineup at Helicon! Stopped by for the first time in a few months. Beautiful cirqus Voltaire, pinball magic were the highlights for me. Also got a few games on celts and legends of Valhalla. Grateful to have this place close by.

#1513 2 years ago

Iron Maiden has returned to the lineup! This time it is a HUO Premium in very good shape. I was the first one to play it after it was set up, so the techs were kind enough to give me a few free credits!

Nice to have a complete set of all the Elwin titles again.

20220122_151137 (resized).jpg20220122_151137 (resized).jpg
#1514 2 years ago

Chris M. at it again! Our Hurry Up Challenge friends will be streaming one in about 20 minutes. The rest should be available to play at some point today.

Cheers,
Chris B.

20220126_115354 (resized).jpg20220126_115354 (resized).jpg
#1515 2 years ago
20220126_174053 (resized).jpg20220126_174053 (resized).jpg
#1516 2 years ago

How does Celts hold up in a commercial situation ?

#1517 2 years ago

What a RUSH! It had to be said!!

#1518 2 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

What a RUSH! It had to be said!!

You and I should rush down to Helicon some weekend!

#1519 2 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

How does Celts hold up in a commercial situation ?

From a location owner point of view, the game has been nothing but excellent. Absolutely zero maintenance issues so far. Zero stuck balls. It seems to be generally well received by everyone from world class players to complete novices visiting the brewery. The game stands out and receives lots of attention at a location with what I feel is a rather amazing collection of 50+ pins.

From an operator point of view, I am unable to comment. I have no idea how much the game cost or how much it has earned.

Hope it helps,
Chris B.
Owner, Helicon Brewing

#1520 2 years ago

Anyone know if there's a Rush LE/premium or GZ LE/premium at Helicon?

#1521 2 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

Anyone know if there's a Rush LE/premium or GZ LE/premium at Helicon?

No, just Pro models of both.

1 week later
#1522 2 years ago

There have been quite a few new additions to the brewery in the past couple of weeks:

#spooky-pinball-allice-cooper-nightmare-castle
Total Nuclear Annihilation
Ultraman (Collectors Edition)
Austin Powers
The Addams Family
Monopoly
Cirqus Voltaire

To name a few. The complete list of games is always up to date on the pinside Helicon Brewing location page:

https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/11372-helicon-brewing-oakdale-pa

As always, enormous thank you to cjmjmm2006 for keeping up a stellar lineup.

Cheers,
Chris B.

20220209_145330 (resized).jpg20220209_145330 (resized).jpg20220209_145418 (resized).jpg20220209_145418 (resized).jpg20220209_145755 (resized).jpg20220209_145755 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1523 2 years ago

It has been exactly two years and four days since our last free play Monday night at the brewery! We will be back with regularly scheduled events almost the same as before.

The complete list of games is always up to date at http://pinballmap.com/pittsburgh/?by_location_id=9942.

Your ticket includes unlimited free play on all available pinball games at the brewery from 5pm until 10pm and two draft beers. 21+ only.

This event will be February 28, 2022

Helicon Brewing is closed on Mondays but is opening the doors for this event. The bar will be open with last call at 9:30pm. Happy Hour is 4:30pm-6:30pm half off all draft beers.

Folks are welcome to bring their own food to the brewery or order in from any of the local places that deliver.

Hope to see everyone there!

#1524 2 years ago

How is the custom THING box I made holding up? I see you still have it on location. Its hard to tell from the pics if its still in nice shape or not.

#1525 2 years ago
Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

How is the custom THING box I made holding up? I see you still have it on location. Its hard to tell from the pics if its still in nice shape or not.

That is a ChrisB Question. Haha, thank you for all you have done for us!

#1526 2 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

That is a ChrisB Question. Haha, thank you for all you have done for us!

It is working absolutely fine so far, zero issues! Thanks!

Chris B.

#1527 2 years ago

Cactus Canyon Remake arriving at Helicon anytime soon by chance?

1 week later
#1528 2 years ago

Swords of Fury and Super Mario Bros by Gottlieb were recently added.

Quoted from pghpinfan:

Cactus Canyon Remake arriving at Helicon anytime soon by chance?

Would love to see a complete trilogy of the CGC remakes as well.

#1529 2 years ago

With work not insane, I was able to stop by my favorite place and it was bumping today. Game selection was awesome and the new beer choices were really good. I ended up taking home a big bottle of one, perfect for the amazing UFC tonight.

Helicon - continues to be the best in the business. Someone get this place a TWIPY

Of the new games I haven’t played - celts sucks, LOV is by far the best AP game. I love having TnA back btw.

1 week later
#1530 2 years ago

cjmjmm2006 is at it again:

Four new games have been added: Time Fantasy, James Bond, Banzai Run, and Star Wars. The collection of games at Helicon Brewing continues to be updated with unusual, rare, and fun games from all eras. If anyone has any ideas of how I can thank Chris M. enough please let me know.

Sadly, we will miss #star_trek, Elvira and the Party Monsters, Total Nuclear Annihilation, and Tales from the Crypt. We look forward to their return one day!

Cheers,
Chris B.

Edit: It was actually 5 games added today: Fireball Classic

#1531 2 years ago

Monthly strike tournaments are back at Helicon Brewing. They will be held the third Sunday of every month and will start at 2pm. Full details are available on the brewery website https://heliconbrewing.com/pinball.

This coming Sunday, 3/20, is the third Sunday of March for anyone interested!

#1532 2 years ago

Free play Mondays are also back at both Helicon Brewing locations:

Oakdale: 2nd and 4th Monday of each month. 5pm-10pm. $20 for the 60+ pinballs and 2 beers included. Eventbrite tickets preferred to guarantee one of the limited spots.

McDonald: 1st and 3rd Monday of each month. 3pm-10pm. $10 for the 17+ pinballs, darts, and pool. No beers included. No tickets needed / unlimited spots.

1 week later
#1533 2 years ago

Just wanted to reach out and let everyone know that your support for Free Play Monday's has been insane. It was nice to see everyone yesterday and get a chance to talk with a lot of you. My daughter and I really enjoyed the interaction. Hope that she can have another Monday off so I can build it into my schedule.

Just some cliff notes: We are awaiting a part for Austin Powers and it should be up soon, likely this week or early next. Flintstones needs some attention, I think we can get to this week also. Celts, I am not sure, will get an email to Damien from Haggis today.

We added, Mata Hari SS, Royal Flush EM, Bounty Hunter, Cyclone and Firepower. Enjoy!

3 weeks later
#1534 2 years ago

After a two-year drought from visiting Pittsburgh, looking forward to going on Saturday afternoon to Helicon and playing the finest pins in the Pittsburgh area for a few hours thanks to Chrisx2.

#1535 2 years ago

Just an ordinary sunny spring day at Helicon . . .

Helicon1 (resized).JPGHelicon1 (resized).JPGHelicon10 (resized).JPGHelicon10 (resized).JPGHelicon2 (resized).JPGHelicon2 (resized).JPGHelicon9 (resized).JPGHelicon9 (resized).JPGHelicon4 (resized).JPGHelicon4 (resized).JPGHelicon5 (resized).JPGHelicon5 (resized).JPGHelicon6 (resized).JPGHelicon6 (resized).JPGHelicon7 (resized).JPGHelicon7 (resized).JPGHelicon8 (resized).JPGHelicon8 (resized).JPGHelicon11 (resized).JPGHelicon11 (resized).JPGHelicon3 (resized).JPGHelicon3 (resized).JPG
#1536 1 year ago

Thanks Joe is was great to see you!

Cheers,
Chris B.

#1537 1 year ago
Quoted from chrisb:

Thanks Joe is was great to see you!

Thanks to you as well. What a happening place you've got there!

2 weeks later
#1538 1 year ago

Love this place. It really needs to be nominated best pinbar during the next TWIPY awards. Very lucky to have Helicon in Pittsburgh.

I’m so addicted to Cirqus Voltaire that I’m probably going to buy one but what place has that on route? Great selection. Digging the brown ale too.

If you’re local and haven’t been here you need to stop by and support a great place for beer and pinball.

8436B50D-2B4C-46B3-9942-B81473578740 (resized).jpeg8436B50D-2B4C-46B3-9942-B81473578740 (resized).jpeg

#1539 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Love this place. It really needs to be nominated best pinbar during the next TWIPY awards.

Echo! Echo!

#1540 1 year ago

Hoping to stop by tomorrow!

1 week later
#1541 1 year ago

#pinball-brothers-alien-standard has been added to the Helicon line up! Much thanks to cjmjmm2006 for keeping the place excellent.

Cheers,
Chris B.

20220522_160104 (resized).jpg20220522_160104 (resized).jpg
#1542 1 year ago
Quoted from chrisb:

Alien (Standard) has been added to the Helicon line up! Much thanks to cjmjmm2006 for keeping the place excellent.
Cheers,
Chris B.
[quoted image]

Whoa. Cool addition. I need to take another road trip.

#1543 1 year ago

Wife and I were there Sunday. Selection of games was fantastic and the beer was good as usual! Either we got lucky or the match replay percentages were a little higher which is a big help for poor players like us! Awesome place!

#1544 1 year ago

I loved this place.
My daughter has moved away from the Pittsburgh area, so sadly, I probably won't make it there anymore. But what a cool place!
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.ChrisHiblerPinball.com/Contact
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#1545 1 year ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

I loved this place.
My daughter has moved away from the Pittsburgh area, so sadly, I probably won't make it there anymore. But what a cool place!
--

I just watched a couple of your videos on Youtube last night and immediately subscribed. How did I go this long and not see your videos???
You explained everything on my technical level (you didn't break it down Barney-style), and I learned something on the very fist video I watched!
You inspired me to expand my Williams test equipment after seeing your setup.
Thank you, and keep the videos coming!

And now back to our regularly scheduled program.....

#1546 1 year ago
Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

You inspired me to expand my Williams test equipment after seeing your setup.
Thank you, and keep the videos coming!

PghPinballRescue you are too kind. Thank you very much.
--

#1547 1 year ago

Would love to see Deadpool make a return! Awesome to see alien for the masses to experience.

#1548 1 year ago

My wife would like to see Spiderman make a return eventually!

#1549 1 year ago

Heading to helicon an about an hour with the fam and a friend from out of town. Anyone know if the large Pac-Man game is still there? Kids loved that one. Can’t wait to try Alien!

#1550 1 year ago

Got to helicon and Alien is off. Bummer.
But the rest of the lineup is playing perfectly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 12.95
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/helicon-brewing-just-outside-pittsburgh-pa/page/31?hl=asmig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.