123_1(87) (resized).jpeg
123_1(90) (resized).jpeg
20240125_163420 (resized).jpg
jaws_date (resized).jpg
jaws_delivery (resized).jpg
elton_john3 (resized).jpg
elton_john2 (resized).jpg
elton_john1 (resized).jpg

There are 1,664 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 34.
#1401 3 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

So apparently there is a difference between the delivery date listed on the Bill of Lading and reality. The tracking website updated this morning to indicate the delivery will be tomorrow, Wednesday 1/6. My apologies to anyone planning on coming out today to see it.
-Chris B.

You're fired! LOL. See you this weekend

#1402 3 years ago
Quoted from yatch11:

Hahahah see you soon Dan!

#1403 3 years ago

Man, I’m jealous of you guys. Such a cool place we could only dream of here in the UK.
Have fun

#1404 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Man, I’m jealous of you guys. Such a cool place we could only dream of here in the UK.
Have fun

Helicon UK coming soon?? Haha

#1405 3 years ago
Quoted from yatch11:

If you fire Chris, who is gonna brew this delicious beer we love? Ahhhhh, hmmmmm, I think we could figure it out. Bye Christmas! Lol

#1406 3 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

If you fire Chris, who is gonna brew this delicious beer we love? Ahhhhh, hmmmmm, I think we could figure it out. Bye Christmas! Lol

Chris is an artisan, who makes an excellent brew and I don't think you guys are just going to 'figure it out'. I think you need a plan B.

#1407 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Chris is an artisan, who makes an excellent brew and I don't think you guys are just going to 'figure it out'. I think you need a plan B.

I think you mean a Plan J, Josh....

#1408 3 years ago

Led Zep now on the floor at Helicon. Give it a flip!

IMG_1896 (resized).jpgIMG_1896 (resized).jpg

#1409 3 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Led Zep now on the floor at Helicon. Give it a flip!
[quoted image]

Is that a Royal edition MMR next to it?

#1410 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Is that a Royal edition MMR next to it?

It is! There is already one here at the brewery. Not sure what Chris M. will do with this one!

#1411 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

The watchmen figured it out, the xmen and avengers figured it out. Now watch the "geeks with beer dreams" do the same.

#1412 3 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

The watchmen figured it out, the xmen and avengers figured it out. Now watch the "geeks with beer dreams" do the same.

You should stick to amusements and let Chris B handle the beer!

#1413 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

You should stick to amusements and let Chris B handle the beer!

Agreed

#1414 3 years ago

Just wanted to share that Theatre of Magic is back in action and the DMD was replaced in Twilight Zone.

Thanks for everyone that commented about the condition of these 2 games the other day. We do our best to keep them in tip top shape.

Cheers!

Resized_20210113_180402 (resized).jpegResized_20210113_180402 (resized).jpeg
#1415 3 years ago

Iron Maiden LE and Batman 66 have returned. Both appear to be freshly shopped and are playing very fast!

Gottlieb Ice Fever was also added to the lineup. Not something you see every day.

Forgot to take photos sorry.

#1416 3 years ago
Quoted from SkaIsntDead:

Iron Maiden LE and Batman 66 have returned. Both appear to be freshly shopped and are playing very fast!
Gottlieb Ice Fever was also added to the lineup. Not something you see every day.
Forgot to take photos sorry.

I'm glad you got to see whats been added. Maiden LE is a great game.

#1417 3 years ago

Heading to Helicon today with the fam to celebrate my birthday! Can’t wait to finally play some of the new games just released (and fill my belly with beer!).

#1418 3 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Heading to Helicon today with the fam to celebrate my birthday! Can’t wait to finally play some of the new games just released (and fill my belly with beer!).

OMG! Best 44th Bday!
Amazing double IPAs. (Brought home 4 growlers!).
Got my initials on 3 games.
My two boys had a blast playing all the new and old pins (thanks for giving my kids extra credits on Family guy and Black Knight Swords of Rage Chris!!!).

Helicon is such a class act and amazing family friendly place! Please support them as much as you guys can!

#1419 3 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Welcome! Happy Birthday!! I am glad you got to enjoy the games and beer at Helicon. We truly appreciate all the support and hope to have you back soon.

Cheers,

Chris

#1420 3 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

OMG! Best 44th Bday!
Amazing double IPAs. (Brought home 4 growlers!).
Got my initials on 3 games.
My two boys had a blast playing all the new and old pins (thanks for giving my kids extra credits on Family guy and Black Knight Swords of Rage Chris!!!).
Helicon is such a class act and amazing family friendly place! Please support them as much as you guys can!

Thank you! It is appreciated.

Cheers,
Chris

1 week later
#1421 3 years ago

What have we here?

123_1(17) (resized).jpeg123_1(17) (resized).jpeg
#1422 3 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

What have we here?
[quoted image]

#11 too!

#1423 3 years ago

The legend gives a great interview!

1B05C440-BE97-4FF9-9445-8C8F6F171810 (resized).jpeg1B05C440-BE97-4FF9-9445-8C8F6F171810 (resized).jpeg
#1424 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

The legend gives a great interview![quoted image]

Thanks for the heads up and I'll give it a listen now.

#1425 3 years ago

Hell yes.

89236F58-CC2B-46A5-8D37-19B6E5578323 (resized).jpeg89236F58-CC2B-46A5-8D37-19B6E5578323 (resized).jpeg

#1426 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Awesome interview!

#1427 3 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

What have we here?
[quoted image]

Can't wait to play it, see you soon

#1428 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Great interview Chris, congrats! Did I hear right that Helicon is opening another place?

#1429 3 years ago
Quoted from yatch11:

Great interview Chris, congrats! Did I hear right that Helicon is opening another place?

Please be true and please come to the south hills, makes for an easy drive Chris M!

#1430 3 years ago
Quoted from yatch11:

Hopefully on the other side of the state!

#1431 3 years ago
Quoted from yatch11:

Yes. Currently in progress

#1432 3 years ago

Chris, I listened to your interview it was very impressive. I have a whole new appreciation for what you do (not that I didn't before). Hopefully this covid thing will die down and I will see you at Helicon again soon.

#1433 3 years ago

Stopped by today and the rising spinner on ZepLE seemed like it was binding up and would not rotate freely. From the videos I seen you are supposed to be able to rip that so I think it might need a slight adjustment. Still had a good time as always and it was nice to finally be able to play R&M.

#1434 3 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Yes. Currently in progress

Are we able to get the location of it yet or is being kept private for now?

#1435 3 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Stopped by today and the rising spinner on ZepLE seemed like it was binding up and would not rotate freely. From the videos I seen you are supposed to be able to rip that so I think it might need a slight adjustment. Still had a good time as always and it was nice to finally be able to play R&M.

chrisb cjmjmm2006 It looks like ZepLE owners are fixing this issue by slightly bending the spinner brackets away from the spinner & applying oil/lubricant to the spinner arm holes:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/31#post-6114295

b06c00a51aba1a711fc8f88417d623b35a166672.jpgb06c00a51aba1a711fc8f88417d623b35a166672.jpg

#1436 3 years ago
Quoted from yatch11:

Are we able to get the location of it yet or is being kept private for now?

It will be in McDonald, PA, not too far from the brewery in Oakdale. I know McDonald is close to Oakdale, but the space is absolutely beautiful, very attractively priced, and pretty much ready to go. Folks are going to love it.

The current plan is to move ~10-15 pins from Helicon Oakdale to Helicon McDonald. The space will also have two pool tables, two dart boards, some PA legal games of skill, and whatever else will fit. The space will have a full bar including PA made liquor and will be fully heated and air conditioned.

Also, this building is 1.5 blocks off of the Panhandle Trail. It is a 3.7 mile bike ride or walk between the two locations. We absolutely will be hosting events that require a walk or ride to the other location and back.

#1437 3 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

chrisb cjmjmm2006 It looks like ZepLE owners are fixing this issue by slightly bending the spinner brackets away from the spinner & applying oil/lubricant to the spinner arm holes:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/31#post-6114295
[quoted image]

This worked perfectly, thanks! A slight bending of the wires took about 30 seconds. The spinner now rests perpendicular to the play field after every shot exactly as it should. I'd buy you a beer but I know you won't drink it!!!

#1438 3 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

It will be in McDonald, PA, not too far from the brewery in Oakdale. I know McDonald is close to Oakdale, but the space is absolutely beautiful, very attractively priced, and pretty much ready to go. Folks are going to love it.
The current plan is to move ~10-15 pins from Helicon Oakdale to Helicon McDonald. The space will also have two pool tables, two dart boards, some PA legal games of skill, and whatever else will fit. The space will have a full bar including PA made liquor and will be fully heated and air conditioned.
Also, this building is 1.5 blocks off of the Panhandle Trail. It is a 3.7 mile bike ride or walk between the two locations. We absolutely will be hosting events that require a walk or ride to the other location and back.

Thats awesome, great for you!!

#1439 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Chris, I listened to your interview it was very impressive. I have a whole new appreciation for what you do (not that I didn't before). Hopefully this covid thing will die down and I will see you at Helicon again soon.

Thanks Eric. That means a lot. Cheers!

#1440 3 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

I just got an email from Stern with the service bulletin. We will get it right. Chrisb I owe Bobby a beer for his trouble.

#1441 3 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

[quoted image]

Thanks Brian! I appreciate that. I'll get to it. We appreciate your support as always!!

#1442 3 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

Can't wait!!

#1443 3 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I just got an email from Stern with the service bulletin. We will get it right. Chrisb I owe Bobby a beer for his trouble.

You able to share this service bulletin from Stern over in the owners thread?

There are several LE owners having issues with the spinner mech and getting no response whatsoever from Stern for two weeks now.

#1444 3 years ago

I got to set up an immaculate home-use-only Wizard of Oz Ruby Red today. I forgot how much I loved this game!

20210209_153305 (resized).jpg20210209_153305 (resized).jpg
#1445 3 years ago

I like the JJP section. When are you bringing back Dialed In? lol

#1446 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

I like the JJP section. When are you bringing back Dialed In? lol

Hopefully any day! That is absolutely one of the most requested games I hear about. I will be passing on The Hobbit though. I can definitely get one but I don't personally enjoy the game too much and don't think it would be a solid location game. Definitely my opinion only I know many folks enjoy the game to a high degree.

#1447 3 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

I got to set up an immaculate home-use-only Wizard of Oz Ruby Red today. I forgot how much I loved this game!
[quoted image]

Very nice!! Only played WOZ a handful of times, can't wait to get at it!

#1448 3 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

Hopefully any day! That is absolutely one of the most requested games I hear about. I will be passing on The Hobbit though. I can definitely get one but I don't personally enjoy the game too much and don't think it would be a solid location game. Definitely my opinion only I know many folks enjoy the game to a high degree.

I'm a big fan of Hobbit myself but I agree about it not being a strong location game, unfortunately.

#1449 3 years ago

This post is long overdue. I went to Helicon about 2 weeks ago (took the day off of work). Had a fantastic time! chrisb was super nice and took the time just to chat with myself and a buddy. Fantastic place and fantastic pins. Heck even cjmjmm2006 showed up and took time to talk pinball with me. Can't say enough great things about this place and these people.

2 months later
#1450 2 years ago

Stopped by today and had a good time. Was able to take my buddy visiting from Chicago and his kid.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball
Protection
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
£ 185.00
Displays
Retro Electro Designs
Displays
1,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 199.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Wanted
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
There are 1,664 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/helicon-brewing-just-outside-pittsburgh-pa/page/29?hl=ericc123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.