New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 216763)

Helicon Brewing - just outside Pittsburgh, PA

By cjmjmm2006

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,355 posts
  • 84 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Looprunner
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 252 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20201122_115024 (resized).jpg
123_1(7) (resized).jpeg
123_1(8) (resized).jpeg
123_1(9) (resized).jpeg
163C87E9-8E47-40F5-AC7B-5A7C76085CED (resized).jpeg
02962740-703A-42C9-AE80-A0D0E1278E67 (resized).jpeg
B736F96B-F746-4D3F-BFA4-FAB8B668CA3C (resized).jpeg
9FE2535D-6D81-4721-91EB-0A8D192791C4 (resized).jpeg
FBD3C4D7-32DA-42C5-AA02-F790203D4ED7 (resized).jpeg
1F5E6454-D0BC-40BD-8CC7-8F7AEC3C9FE2 (resized).jpeg
D9942BAC-9939-4623-B672-AB06687B6E0E (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
78BA6808-B51D-4B1A-B2E2-9BF441802296 (resized).jpeg
65D47D55-85F9-4E04-89A3-04FC5C11E7BF (resized).jpeg
123_1(3) (resized).jpeg
776DDD9F-62A1-465B-8F84-267CB4A675E4 (resized).jpeg

There are 1355 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 28.
#1302 32 days ago

Yep..17 days in, wait til that shit breaks free because it will eventually. Just like POTC.

#1303 32 days ago

Just got home from helicon! Thankfully my wife drove. Amazing beers on tap and I was once again blown away by the pin variety. Plus, I finally got to put games on the new TMNT and AIQ. And new GNR. All amazing. All playing flawlessly. If you’re in the Pitt area go play those games.

#1304 32 days ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Just got home from helicon! Thankfully my wife drove. Amazing beers on tap and I was once again blown away by the pin variety. Plus, I finally got to put games on the new TMNT and AIQ. And new GNR. All amazing. All playing flawlessly. If you’re in the Pitt area go play those games.

Thanks again for the visit. We are glad you enjoyed yourself, the games and the beer. Hope to see you again soon.

#1305 32 days ago

I see there are a lot of posts about GNR and the PF condition. Sorry I have not been able to respond, had a life event a few days ago and just catching up now. I have not looked at the game in person this week. I'll take a look and see where we are at with the PF, I'm sure JJP will be supporting us on this, but I'm not sure what the issues are with the clear coat on these games recently. Hard to understand what the change could be that has caused the hardness of the top surface to be so inconsistent. I know their are experts in clearcoating and refinishing to a near perfect surface on this site. Can anyone point me to their opinions on this matter? Do they have any publicly?

Thanks for the support, just know that we try to offer a great selection of games for you all to enjoy at Helicon, we hope you understand that we do anything we can to keep the games in the best condition possible and we will continue to strive to be a top location for all pinballers to play at. Any suggestions we are happy to hear.

Cheers!

#1306 31 days ago

Spent Friday at Helicon with my wife. We had another awesome visit! I take off work once a month to drive 2 hours and visit their location. There's no better place to play pinball while enjoying some tasty beverages! GNR and Avengers are great games. And the beer is top-notch!

#1307 31 days ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I see there are a lot of posts about GNR and the PF condition. Sorry I have not been able to respond, had a life event a few days ago and just catching up now. I have not looked at the game in person this week. I'll take a look and see where we are at with the PF, I'm sure JJP will be supporting us on this, but I'm not sure what the issues are with the clear coat on these games recently. Hard to understand what the change could be that has caused the hardness of the top surface to be so inconsistent. I know their are experts in clearcoating and refinishing to a near perfect surface on this site. Can anyone point me to their opinions on this matter? Do they have any publicly?
Thanks for the support, just know that we try to offer a great selection of games for you all to enjoy at Helicon, we hope you understand that we do anything we can to keep the games in the best condition possible and we will continue to strive to be a top location for all pinballers to play at. Any suggestions we are happy to hear.
Cheers!

Chris,

No need to apologize for the playfield condition and it's totally out of your control. It has no impact on gameplay and is not really a big deal for a game on route. It's just concerning for those considering buying one for their home and that's why it's a hot topic. You have the best selection of games in the world so don't owe anyone an apology and we are just thankful to have you in the burgh.

#1308 31 days ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Spent Friday at Helicon with my wife. We had another awesome visit! I take off work once a month to drive 2 hours and visit their location. There's no better place to play pinball while enjoying some tasty beverages! GNR and Avengers are great games. And the beer is top-notch!

Man that is dedication!! Thanks for your patronage.

#1309 31 days ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Chris,
No need to apologize for the playfield condition and it's totally out of your control. It has no impact on gameplay and is not really a big deal for a game on route. It's just concerning for those considering buying one for their home and that's why it's a hot topic. You have the best selection of games in the world so don't owe anyone an apology and we are just thankful to have you in the burgh.

You are right. Making an investment that high for your home, you need to be at least comfortable with what could be the outcome of having the game long term. I am sure there will be adjustments made to make these games come out better in the future. Ultimately I am so pleased with the reception of this game and all the thank yous I've received during one of our roughest times ever in coin op. Thanks Bobby for coming out to helicon and contributing to what we do.

Cheers!

#1310 30 days ago

Stopped by to check out Helicon yesterday. Awesome place and the beer is great! GnR appeared to have a strange issue with the right flipper (not sure if gap needs adjusting or what). I’ll definitely be stopping by the next time I’m in the area again!!

#1311 30 days ago
Quoted from jints56:

Stopped by to check out Helicon yesterday. Awesome place and the beer is great! GnR appeared to have a strange issue with the right flipper (not sure if gap needs adjusting or what). I’ll definitely be stopping by the next time I’m in the area again!!

Thanks for the visit. We appreciate it.

Are you talking about the gap between the playfield and the bottom of the flipper itself or a different gap? Sorry to ask but we want to be sure we get it looked at. Thank you again!

Cheers!

#1312 30 days ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Thanks for the visit. We appreciate it.
Are you talking about the gap between the playfield and the bottom of the flipper itself or a different gap? Sorry to ask but we want to be sure we get it looked at. Thank you again!
Cheers!

Felt like the flipper switch gap was too wide to me. It didn’t always flip when I hit the right flipper. Could have just been me or something else if no other reports. Great setup you have there. Will definitely return.

#1313 30 days ago

The same thing happened to me a couple times yesterday. I'd hit the right flipper and it would move like just a half an inch.

#1314 30 days ago
Quoted from jints56:

Felt like the flipper switch gap was too wide to me. It didn’t always flip when I hit the right flipper. Could have just been me or something else if no other reports. Great setup you have there. Will definitely return.

I'll have a look at it. Thanks for the kind words. We try to put a good set up for our local pinheads

#1315 30 days ago
Quoted from chipleader:

The same thing happened to me a couple times yesterday. I'd hit the right flipper and it would move like just a half an inch.

Not sure but I will certainly investigate it. Thanks.

#1316 29 days ago

Can’t ask for any better customer service than that fellas. Place is #1 for a reason.

#1317 27 days ago

GNR Standard Edition now at Helicon! Plays nice & fast! Personally, I prefer playing the Standard over the LE. Give it a try!

02962740-703A-42C9-AE80-A0D0E1278E67 (resized).jpeg

#1318 26 days ago

No signed slash hat though. Lol.

163C87E9-8E47-40F5-AC7B-5A7C76085CED (resized).jpeg
#1319 26 days ago
Quoted from PinB:

GNR Standard Edition now at Helicon! Plays nice & fast! Personally, I prefer playing the Standard over the LE. Give it a try!
[quoted image]

Great to see they have a Super Chexx. Heading back East next month and planning on a few days at Helicon.

Chris get some Old Ales or some strong Stouts brewing!

#1320 26 days ago
Quoted from meSz:

Heading back East next month and planning on a few days at Helicon.

Let me know when you are going and I'll buy you a beer.

#1321 26 days ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Ditto

#1322 26 days ago
Quoted from cconway84:

No signed slash hat though. Lol.
[quoted image]

Effing slacker this operator is!!

#1323 22 days ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Wow so Im up 2 beers already!

#1324 22 days ago
Quoted from meSz:

Wow so Im up 2 beers already!

Yes sir!

#1325 21 days ago

Can I get two beers as well? I'll be down on the 11th.

#1326 21 days ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Can I get two beers as well? I'll be down on the 11th.

Amy gets two. You can have a water and be a designed driver.

#1327 21 days ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

So Chris let me confirm .... I have at least 2 Free beers coming and Looprunner is designated driver?

#1328 21 days ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

So same as usual?

#1329 21 days ago
Quoted from meSz:

So Chris let me confirm .... I have at least 2 Free beers coming and Looprunner is designated driver?

Yes

#1331 15 days ago
Quoted from meSz:

Chris get some Old Ales or some strong Stouts brewing!

We have an Imperial Stout on that may be one of our best brews ever. Hopefully it lasts until your next visit!

Cheers,
Chris B.

#1332 15 days ago
Quoted from chrisb:

We have an Imperial Stout on that may be one of our best brews ever. Hopefully it lasts until your next visit!
Cheers,
Chris B.

Perfect. I can hardly wait!

Also added some new game offerings.

#1333 15 days ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Perfect. I can hardly wait!
Also added some new game offerings.

What games? I plan on coming down Wednesday morning. The beer sounds amazing!

#1334 15 days ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

What games? I plan on coming down Wednesday morning. The beer sounds amazing!

I forget. I know theatre of magic is there but other than that I forget.

#1335 15 days ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I know theatre of magic is there but other than that I forget.

Nice. My significant other will be happy since I could never pry the one from Vince's hands.

#1336 15 days ago

Thanks again to Chris and Chris for this place. I come down a few times a month during lunch, staff is always friendly and games are always playing nice!

#1337 15 days ago

Went recently and had a great time checking out the latest releases (avengers, GnR) along with some new oldies like ToM. Always a great time. The best of the best - Helicon!

#1338 15 days ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Nice. My significant other will be happy since I could never pry the one from Vince's hands.

At least your not bitter!

Quoted from chrisb:

Cheers,
Chris B.

Crappis. I don’t t get in til the 21st so probably unlikely it will last til I get there!

#1339 14 days ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Lol it can go from her Helicon Brewing to Bobby's. Lemme know

#1340 14 days ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

Thanks again to Chris and Chris for this place. I come down a few times a month during lunch, staff is always friendly and games are always playing nice!

Ty!

#1341 10 days ago
123_1(9) (resized).jpeg
#1342 10 days ago
123_1(8) (resized).jpeg
#1343 10 days ago
123_1(7) (resized).jpeg
#1344 10 days ago

Twilight Zone, Roller games and Monster Bash LE added back to the Helicon Brewing Line up!

#1345 10 days ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Twilight Zone, Roller games and Monster Bash LE added back to the Helicon Brewing Line up!

Wow! I can't wait to get there again. Plus theater of magic, Avengers LE, and both versions of Guns and Roses?

#1346 10 days ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Wow! I can't wait to get there again. Plus theater of magic, Avengers LE, and both versions of Guns and Roses?

Avengers pro, GNR standard and TOM

#1347 7 days ago

Chris whats it looking like for you all? I know I just got word that PA is putting tighter restrictions into place. I fly back Friday but hearing I have to quarantine for 14 days (no complaints)!

#1348 7 days ago
Quoted from meSz:

Chris whats it looking like for you all? I know I just got word that PA is putting tighter restrictions into place. I fly back Friday but hearing I have to quarantine for 14 days (no complaints)!

Or produce a covid negative test within 3 days of arrival..........no new restrictions on bars/restaurants yet......

#1349 7 days ago

Nothing new from what I am hearing but of course that is always subject to change. As always we would love to have you visit Helicon, the collection there is absolutely exceptional. Let us know if and when you will be out.

#1350 7 days ago

Return of TZ? Love it!! Great addition!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creo Pinball
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 8,800.00
Pinball Machine
Stealth arcade
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinfarmer Mods
$ 350.00
Boards
Pinball Basement
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Meph's Mods
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 26.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Woodstock, GA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carpentersville, IL
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bokchito, OK
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Bent Mods
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 131.00
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
$ 57.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
There are 1355 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 28.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside