123_1(88) (resized).jpeg
123_1(87) (resized).jpeg
123_1(90) (resized).jpeg
20240125_163420 (resized).jpg
jaws_date (resized).jpg
jaws_delivery (resized).jpg
elton_john3 (resized).jpg
elton_john2 (resized).jpg
There are 1,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 34.
#1251 3 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Is there still a 10 person limit in the bar? We haven't been out since the pandemic started and just don't want to drive out and not be able to play?
Dave

The limit is now 30 people inside, but we rarely have that many even on weekends. Most folks are choosing to sit outside in the open air. As the weather cools that may change.

#1252 3 years ago

Helicon is simply the best pinball location in Pittsburgh and probably well beyond. Thanks to both Chris' for making this place excellent. Played AIQLE today and it's great to shoot. Sitting next to Big Lebowski...other locations just can't hang with the quality here.

#1253 3 years ago

I stopped by before picking up my daughter from PITT, I wanted to save my first game on Avengers until I receive mine next week but Delt showed up and we played a couple games together. I like the yellow and love the layout of the game. Thanks to both of the Chris’s. I hope to be able to stop out more with my daughter attending the University.

78BA6808-B51D-4B1A-B2E2-9BF441802296 (resized).jpeg78BA6808-B51D-4B1A-B2E2-9BF441802296 (resized).jpeg
#1254 3 years ago

Something seemed wrong with the Pro tonight. I had a good game and even collected all the avengers however never once got to pick a quest. I thought on the pro the post comes to hold the ball so you can selected the quest however the post never came up on any of my games. After playing both if I could build my own I would basically take the LE minus the Marvel ramp since I would prefer to have a 2nd spinner there.

Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Would you show for an mk tourney?

That would be awesome. I prefer the original however most people prefer MK2 or UMK3.

Quoted from chrisb:

The limit is now 30 people inside, but we rarely have that many even on weekends. Most folks are choosing to sit outside in the open air. As the weather cools that may change.

It was packed tonight outside and the parking lot was full. Not sure if it was for Octoberfest but there was a lot of people outside and it was nice to the place so busy.

#1255 3 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Something seemed wrong with the Pro tonight. I had a good game and even collected all the avengers however never once got to pick a quest. I thought on the pro the post comes to hold the ball so you can selected the quest however the post never came up on any of my games. After playing both if I could build my own I would basically take the LE minus the Marvel ramp since I would prefer to have a 2nd spinner there.

That would be awesome. I prefer the original however most people prefer MK2 or UMK3.

It was packed tonight outside and the parking lot was full. Not sure if it was for Octoberfest but there was a lot of people outside and it was nice to the place so busy.

I will have a look at is this afternoon if I can zip out there.

#1256 3 years ago

Guns n Roses is on its way to Helicon Brewing!

#1257 3 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Arriving tomorrow?

#1258 3 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

True story. The Bill of Lading in front of me for the freight shipment says delivery is tomorrow.

#1259 3 years ago
Quoted from KYLEDM5:

Arriving tomorrow?

It is entirely possible. Chris said it would.

#1260 3 years ago

Holy shit that's awesome. LE I'm assuming?

#1261 3 years ago

Well that didn't take long. This place is amazing!!!

#1262 3 years ago

If there is going to be people streaming tomorrow please post the times they will be tying up the machine so I can plan my visit accordingly

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1263 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Holy shit that's awesome. LE I'm assuming?

Yes

#1264 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Well that didn't take long. This place is amazing!!!

Our support is amazing! Enjoy Eric!

#1265 3 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

If there is going to be people streaming tomorrow please post the times they will be tying up the machine so I can plan my visit accordingly

Hi Bobby. They told me they are streaming Sunday so you should have your way with it. Cheers!

#1266 3 years ago

Just want to throw some additional love to our distributors in the Helicon Thread. Shout out to Trent at Tilt who handles all our Stern products. Obviously a lot of you ask me about Trent and without him this is not possible. Next up is Gary at Abel Electronics. Gary provides us all our JJP and American Pinball products. He makes sure we get them first and that helicon is well repped. Our MMR Royal is courtesy of Cointaker. Chris and Melissa also operate games in PA and do a great job. Check them out. Remember, the support of our distributors helps us to make this location amazing. They supply the shows with games and are dedicated to their customers. If you are looking for a game, these people stand behind what they sell.

#1267 3 years ago

so is today still the day? Have a nice opening from 3-5.....

Already have an LE ordered but happy to support and drop as much coin as possible ; )

#1268 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so is today still the day? Have a nice opening from 3-5.....
Already have an LE ordered but happy to support and drop as much coin as possible ; )

It is. I saw it was out for delivery so usually they receive it by 2pm. I'm sure chris will post pics when it arrives.

#1269 3 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

It is. I saw it was out for delivery so usually they receive it by 2pm. I'm sure chris will post pics when it arrives.

Awesome can't wait!!!

#1270 3 years ago
Quoted from yatch11:

Awesome can't wait!!!

Just wrapped! That's great to hear. Super quick!

#1271 3 years ago

Not here yet. Tools are ready to go.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1272 3 years ago

Waiting to hear back from FedEx. They never arrive this late in the day. Sorry for the delays guys. I hear this place is filling up with pinheads! That's awesome! Too bad you only have Avengers Pro and LE, TBL, DE GNR to name a few to hold ya over!

#1273 3 years ago

This reminds us of waiting for a certain band to take the stage in the 90s...

We’ll be attempting some lo-fi live-streaming of the unboxing from our facebook account as soon as the game arrives...

http://facebook.com/chronictown/

Big props to Chris ’n’ Chris for getting one of the first GnR LE’s out into the wild so quickly.

congrats to the entire team at JJP on the release and special shout-out to abelelectronics !!

#1274 3 years ago
D9942BAC-9939-4623-B672-AB06687B6E0E (resized).jpegD9942BAC-9939-4623-B672-AB06687B6E0E (resized).jpeg
#1276 3 years ago

First public location in the world?

1F5E6454-D0BC-40BD-8CC7-8F7AEC3C9FE2 (resized).jpeg1F5E6454-D0BC-40BD-8CC7-8F7AEC3C9FE2 (resized).jpeg9FE2535D-6D81-4721-91EB-0A8D192791C4 (resized).jpeg9FE2535D-6D81-4721-91EB-0A8D192791C4 (resized).jpegB736F96B-F746-4D3F-BFA4-FAB8B668CA3C (resized).jpegB736F96B-F746-4D3F-BFA4-FAB8B668CA3C (resized).jpegFBD3C4D7-32DA-42C5-AA02-F790203D4ED7 (resized).jpegFBD3C4D7-32DA-42C5-AA02-F790203D4ED7 (resized).jpeg
#1277 3 years ago
Quoted from cconway84:

First public location in the world?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It's either Helicon Brewing or it isn't! I got that text from 10 people already. Lol

#1278 3 years ago

Congratulations on continuing to be the premier pinball location!

#1279 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Congratulations on continuing to be the premier pinball location!

Thanks Bill!

#1280 3 years ago

Just want to post that the love for GNR has been insane! I hope everyone is enjoying the game as much as it seems. The game has basically been played from open to close since it arrived. Very cool to see!

#1281 3 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Just want to post that the love for GNR has been insane! I hope everyone is enjoying the game as much as it seems. The game has basically been played from open to close since it arrived. Very cool to see!

My buddy at Retro Arcade has been seeing similar results, the past couple days.
VERY positive reviews from everyone there.
Hopefully, I'll be able to make it down to Helicon this weekend and rock out!

#1282 3 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:Just want to post that the love for GNR has been insane! I hope everyone is enjoying the game as much as it seems. The game has basically been played from open to close since it arrived. Very cool to see!

Did they fix the spinning disk issue? Ball kept getting hung up when I was there and you had to tilt the machine to free it up.

#1283 3 years ago
Quoted from KYLEDM5:

My buddy at Retro Arcade has been seeing similar results, the past couple days.
VERY positive reviews from everyone there.
Hopefully, I'll be able to make it down to Helicon this weekend and rock out!

I am glad to hear he is doing well with the game. We are hoping to have location pinball come back and hopefully this game will spark people to come out.

Hope ya make the trip but if not enjoy some GNR in your backyard.

#1284 3 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Did they fix the spinning disk issue? Ball kept getting hung up when I was there and you had to tilt the machine to free it up.

I believe so. Have a call in to Chris B to confirm. I apologise, let me get you a beer for your troubles.

#1285 3 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I believe so. Have a call in to Chris B to confirm. I apologise, let me get you a beer for your troubles.

No need to apologize and it was no trouble at all. I don't care enough about my scores to worry about having to tilt it every now and then. Any idea when we might be seeing a R&M?

#1286 3 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

No need to apologize and it was no trouble at all. I don't care enough about my scores to worry about having to tilt it every now and then. Any idea when we might be seeing a R&M?

Just got my pay me the balance email from kingpin. I am sorry to disappoint everyone on the arrival of this game but I am told 4-5 weeks still. It is coming and I am sure everyone will be excited to see it added to the collection.

#1287 3 years ago

Update for all the inquired:

Chris B is on his way to make the fix. Barry of JJP has sent a next day packaged to remedy the situation and all should be resolved on this. Chris B has projected a resolution by 430 as long as the package is on site. We should be rollin by happy hour.

#1288 3 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Just got my pay me the balance email from kingpin. I am sorry to disappoint everyone on the arrival of this game but I am told 4-5 weeks still. It is coming and I am sure everyone will be excited to see it added to the collection.

Good news is, those early lane kinks will be ironed out upon arrival!

Glad for the R&M update!

#1289 3 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Update for all the inquired:
Chris B is on his way to make the fix. Barry of JJP has sent a next day packaged to remedy the situation and all should be resolved on this. Chris B has projected a resolution by 430 as long as the package is on site. We should be rollin by happy hour.

The spinner issue has been resolved much thanks to the folks at JJP for getting the part here asap!

#1290 3 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

The spinner issue has been resolved much thanks to the folks at JJP for getting the part here asap!

Awesome! Seemed a real basic fix! New factory, teenie issue.

Just don't run out of beer ever Chris, and tasty hot dogs, and we'll all be fine!!!

#1291 3 years ago

You guys need to open another location on the other side of PA!

Good craft beer scene and would kill it will pinball too.

#1292 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Awesome! Seemed a real basic fix! New factory, teenie issue.

It was a pretty quick fix and much thanks to JJP for getting the parts out immediately.

There were quite a few other issues with the game upon arrival:

-There was a loose wire that was supposed to be soldered to the left outer return lane switch, so it was not registering.

-There was a stuck switch just behind and left of Slash's hat. It was causing points to score when flipping for no apparent reason and often resulted in crazy multiballs on the plunge.

-The right flipper leaf switch was pretty out of alignment; the result was neither upper flipper working or working only intermittently.

All of these items have been addressed much thanks to a local pinball great DJ R. who most in Pittsburgh and the pinball community know. Not sure if he's on pinside to tag in the note of appreciation.

In addition to DJ's fixes, the coil power was increased on all four flipper coils and the center scoop. The game is flipping much better and the center scoop shot is now rarely a straight down the middle drain.

At this time, the game is playing phenomenally and folks are finally able to enjoy it in all it's glory. Thanks everyone for the patience with the new game.

Quoted from wesman:

Just don't run out of beer ever Chris, and tasty hot dogs, and we'll all be fine!!!

No worries there @wesman! Always nice to see you guys.

Cheers,
Chris B.

#1293 3 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

It was a pretty quick fix and much thanks to JJP for getting the parts out immediately.
There were quite a few other issues with the game upon arrival:
-There was a loose wire that was supposed to be soldered to the left outer return lane switch, so it was not registering.
-There was a stuck switch just behind and left of Slash's hat. It was causing points to score when flipping for no apparent reason and often resulted in crazy multiballs on the plunge.
-The right flipper leaf switch was pretty out of alignment; the result was neither upper flipper working or working only intermittently.
All of these items have been addressed much thanks to a local pinball great DJ R. who most in Pittsburgh and the pinball community know. Not sure if he's on pinside to tag in the note of appreciation.
In addition to DJ's fixes, the coil power was increased on all four flipper coils and the center scoop. The game is flipping much better and the center scoop shot is now rarely a straight down the middle drain.
At this time, the game is playing phenomenally and folks are finally able to enjoy it in all it's glory. Thanks everyone for the patience with the new game.

No worries there wesman! Always nice to see you guys.
Cheers,
Chris B.

DJ is on here. Think he is djreil75 or something. I've never been able to tag anyone on here haha. He's the man and thank you DJ for helping out with this! I got his next 10 beers CMB. Cheers!

#1294 3 years ago

I'll be out today with a few other pinsiders this afternoon. Hope to see some familiar faces, maybe you can show me how to play this game. Haha

#1295 3 years ago

https://www.twitch.tv/hupchallenge

Check out the Hurry Up Challenge.

Streaming GNR LE Live rightttttt meow!!!

1 week later
#1296 3 years ago

So been 17 days now, how's the playfield holding up?

#1297 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

So been 17 days now, how's the playfield holding up?

Looks terrible from the photos I’ve seen. Check the other thread, would love to know how many games played.

#1298 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Looks terrible from the photos I’ve seen. Check the other thread, would love to know how many games played.

Which thread

#1299 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Which thread

GNR it’s here thread. Disappointing.

#1300 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

GNR it’s here thread. Disappointing.

Damn!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 22.50
$ 85.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6.95
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/helicon-brewing-just-outside-pittsburgh-pa/page/26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.