123_1(88) (resized).jpeg
123_1(87) (resized).jpeg
123_1(90) (resized).jpeg
20240125_163420 (resized).jpg
jaws_date (resized).jpg
jaws_delivery (resized).jpg
elton_john3 (resized).jpg
elton_john2 (resized).jpg
There are 1,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 34.
#1151 3 years ago
Quoted from Maghy:

WOW thank you for topic)
Go to read)))

?

#1152 3 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

For some reason, both flippers were set to lower than the default setting. You can tell the default settings on American Pinball games because they are the green number. Anyway, I increased the power to both flippers a touch and the game is playing much, much better.
Cheers,
Chris B.

I can also speak to this. The game is playing incredibly well and I played a couple of games with my daughter yesterday. Was a blast. She loved it. I very much enjoyed it and I think with a little code this will be the biggest hit to be manufactured by American Pinball. Give it another try Bobby. I'm sure you will also agree. Sorry the flippers weren't up to par on your first shot. Have a few games on me next trip out. See you all soon!

#1153 3 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I can also speak to this. The game is playing incredibly well and I played a couple of games with my daughter yesterday. Was a blast. She loved it. I very much enjoyed it and I think with a little code this will be the biggest hit to be manufactured by American Pinball. Give it another try Bobby. I'm sure you will also agree. Sorry the flippers weren't up to par on your first shot. Have a few games on me next trip out. See you all soon!

Even with the lower flipper settings I enjoyed it. It took about 5-7 games for me to get into it. I think I played for an hour straight. Loved having three new games at one location! Well, TBL isn't new....but it was new to me!

#1154 3 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

For some reason, both flippers were set to lower than the default setting. You can tell the default settings on American Pinball games because they are the green number. Anyway, I increased the power to both flippers a touch and the game is playing much, much better.
Cheers,
Chris B.

Thanks Chris and I look forward to returning to play some more and have a few beers.

Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I still enjoyed it and played it a bunch. Just felt it could have been better with stronger flippers and look forward to giving it another shot.

#1155 3 years ago

Finally made it back out yesterday, and WOW the new selection of MM Royal, TBL, and Hot Wheels was such a great way to be greeted after the long hiatus.

Games were playing great, and Hot Wheels was really fun, fast, and had fun shots and code!

Thanks again guys, it was nice to see cjmjmm2006 and @chrisb!! Beer was tasting delicious on a nice warm day too!

#1156 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Finally made it back out yesterday, and WOW the new selection of MM Royal, TBL, and Hot Wheels was such a great way to be greeted after the long hiatus.
Games were playing great, and Hot Wheels was really fun, fast, and had fun shots and code!
Thanks again guys, it was nice to see cjmjmm2006 and chrisb!! Beer was tasting delicious on a nice warm day too!

Thanks so much Wes always good to see you guys!

Cheers!
Chris B.

#1157 3 years ago

Knowing Helicon, TMNT can’t be far behind.....!

#1158 3 years ago

Hi everyone...is this establishment children friendly (7, 5, and 1)? Or is it adult only? Thanks. Looks like a SUPER place!

#1159 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

Hi everyone...is this establishment children friendly (7, 5, and 1)? Or is it adult only? Thanks. Looks like a SUPER place!

We bring our 6 and 8 year olds with us whenever we go. Definitely kid friendly. Tons of space outside to tailgate/picnic as well.

#1160 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I was hearing possibly today.

#1161 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It arrived today and it is absolutely fantastic! There are worse lineups of games to play. Super huge amazing thank you to Chris M.!!!!!!

Cheers,
Chris B.

20200625_161450 (resized).jpg20200625_161450 (resized).jpg
#1162 3 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

It arrived today and it is absolutely fantastic! There are worse lineups of games to play. Super huge amazing thank you to Chris M.!!!!!!
Cheers,
Chris B.
[quoted image]

That's it I'm coming tonight. Gives me a reason to take this out!

20200625_210840 (resized).jpg20200625_210840 (resized).jpg

#1163 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

[quoted image]

Nice choice. Manual trans?

04564BE6-FB1F-475E-8243-B1609139BA67 (resized).jpeg04564BE6-FB1F-475E-8243-B1609139BA67 (resized).jpeg
#1164 3 years ago
Quoted from cconway84:

Nice choice. Manual trans?[quoted image]

Yes - the only choice! In fact I bought the C7 b/c it's the last manual trans. C8 is auto only. BS.

Great helicon experience! They are LOADED with games, and as usual, have all the latest. I just put in my impressions of TMNT in the club thread.

#1165 3 years ago

Wow! Thank you everyone for the kind words, messages etc. I'm blown away at the support we have gotten through what is probably the roughest stretch of my life financially. That being said, all the smiles and fun with the kids/friends at helicon have made it worth it.

Also Delt and Colin, I have to say, those are some sharp wheels and I loved all my manuals up until I got the PDK shift and like anything new with change I hated auto at first then I realized I'm not a pro driver so I saw the benefit of race mode auto exhaust breaking etc. I know these are just weekend cars but I don't know if I can go back. Buddy of mine just got a cayman gt4. The shifter felt very familiar to my previous 911 and it was a blast to drive. Great value in that car btw. But I'm old and shifting it got old fast. You two will have to take me for a spin next time you got those beauties out.

#1166 3 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Wow! Thank you everyone for the kind words, messages etc. I'm blown away at the support we have gotten through what is probably the roughest stretch of my life financially. That being said, all the smiles and fun with the kids/friends at helicon have made it worth it.
Also Delt and Colin, I have to say, those are some sharp wheels and I loved all my manuals up until I got the PDK shift and like anything new with change I hated auto at first then I realized I'm not a pro driver so I saw the benefit of race mode auto exhaust braking etc. I know these are just weekend cars but I don't know if I can go back. Buddy of mine just got a cayman gt4. The shifter felt very familiar to my previous 911 and it was a blast to drive. Great value in that car btw. But I'm old and shifting it got old fast. You two will have to take me for a spin next time you got those beauties out.

#1167 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Nice ride! Did you play TBL? We got there first thing in the morning and I played it for two hours straight. I stopped playing when some other customers arrived so they could play. I could have played it all day long!

Love Helicon. My wife really liked that the staff remembered us and welcomed us back!

#1168 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Nice ride! Did you play TBL? We got there first thing in the morning and I played it for two hours straight. I stopped playing when some other customers arrived so they could play. I could have played it all day long!
Love Helicon. My wife really liked that the staff remembered us and welcomed us back!

It's either Helicon Brewing or it isn't. Don't settle for imitations. Haha

#1169 3 years ago

Stopped by Helicon last night for some pins and beer. Both great as usual!

#1170 3 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Stopped by Helicon last night for some pins and beer. Both great as usual!

Thanks for stopping in. We appreciate it. Glad you enjoyed yourself. Any thoughts on TMNT?

#1171 3 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Thanks for stopping in. We appreciate it. Glad you enjoyed yourself. Any thoughts on TMNT?

It was cool. Played a couple games but the theme just isn’t for me. Never really watched that show growing up. Now Elvira on the other hand! Love the game and the theme! So many choices there make it a great time!

#1172 3 years ago

Thanks for confirming kid friendly.

So is it free play on all machines? Pay by the hour?

Are there better days / times to go when its not packed?

How many total machines?

#1173 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

How many total machines?

There's a nice mix of 40+ modern and classic machines. They are coin-drop and priced from $.25 - $1.00 depending on their age.

Since it is a brewery, most of their business is done during the weekends, so if you go anytime during the week, you shouldn't have any problems waiting for a specific machine.

#1174 3 years ago

Chris B.....heading back to Pittsburgh for a few weeks. Before I commit to coming out to Helicon answer this ..... Is Chris' open tab still open? ? ?

Would one of you go get your first name changed?

#1175 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Chris B.....heading back to Pittsburgh for a few weeks. Before I commit to coming out to Helicon answer this ..... Is Chris' open tab still open? ? ?

For you, yes!

Cheers,
Chris B.

#1176 3 years ago
Quoted from PrinceOfPinside:

There's a nice mix of 40+ modern and classic machines. They are coin-drop and priced from $.25 - $1.00 depending on their age.
Since it is a brewery, most of their business is done during the weekends, so if you go anytime during the week, you shouldn't have any problems waiting for a specific machine.

This is correct. It's actually 55 games currently and the complete list is always up to date on pinside at https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/11372-helicon-brewing-oakdale-pa. Only the newest games are $1.00 and currently there are 5 games at that price (TNMT, Lebowski, Hot Wheels, Stranger Things, Elvira). The vast majority of games are $0.50/play or $0.75/1 play, $2.00/3 plays. Weekday afternoons are best to stop by followed by weekday evenings to avoid crowds, but in general you should be able to play any game at any time with minimal wait.

The COVID related rules in Allegheny County, PA are changing as of tomorrow. While we cannot serve alcohol for on-site consumption, we do intend to keep the games open for people to play with some rules that will be posted soon.

Cheers,
Chris B.

#1177 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

How many total machines?

Total is approaching 60. It is not free play although we used to have events that were all day free play but I don't see those happening anytime soon. Sorry for the delayed response. Thanks for your interest.

#1178 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Whatever you need I got you.

#1179 3 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Total is approaching 60. It is not free play although we used to have events that were all day free play but I don't see those happening anytime soon. Sorry for the delayed response. Thanks for your interest.

#1180 3 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Whatever you need I got you.

Unfortunately by the time I get there it's looking like things will be closed down again. For all businesses sake I hope this is not the case.

All the best to you guys!!!

#1181 3 years ago

Helicon treats their customers well! I was talking to a friend who saw TBL at an establishment and it was $5 per play. Helicon has the best machines, the best beer, and great prices. And both Chris's treat you like a rockstar!

#1182 3 years ago

I stopped in today on my lunch break. Just a breathtaking amount of pinball machines. TMNT is awesome, I didn't care for Hotwheels, and unfortunately The Big Lebowski was down but I'll play it some day.

#1183 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

I stopped in today on my lunch break. Just a breathtaking amount of pinball machines. TMNT is awesome, I didn't care for Hotwheels, and unfortunately The Big Lebowski was down but I'll play it some day.

Hi Eric,

I heard you were in--sorry I missed you. TBL has a known software issue where the audit logs overwrite the game code after so many plays. I will find the time today to rewrite the SD card and see if that works.

Cheers,
Chris B.

#1184 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

What didn't you like about HotWheels? I was surprised with how accessible it was.

#1185 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

What didn't you like about HotWheels? I was surprised with how accessible it was.

It just seemed boring to me. No real mechs that interact with the ball, not in love with the theme, and the music was forgettable.

#1186 3 years ago

Thanks for all the posts and comments about some of the new titles that have been recently released.

Here are some of my takes and these are only my opinions having spent just a short time on each game with my kids.

TMNT- feels Tron-esque to me. I love how the shots feed into combos better than Tron because the faster you hit the inner upper orbit or ramp, the more challenging the shot. (I wish Stern would put in a shot timer like Bally Vector had in the 80's, higher points for faster combos etc) I also like how more of the playfield has been used for actual productive shots and features. I wanna thank KME for this as Jurassic Park layout has so much useful geometry and it looks like other Stern designers saw some of it and Incorporated it quite well. This is raising the bar internally imo and that can only provide better games in the future. Finally I love that it can be played by all ages. Theme is great for location and it shoots good for all skill levels. The code will make this game go from good to great with some creative logic. Thanks John Borg and team for all your efforts on this title. You certainly all did the license justice!

Hot Wheels- love the layout, love the satisfying ramps and orbits. I think the license is great for a community of collectors 40+ years old and kids absolutely love it. It's been our best American Pinball earning game to date and this is with shut downs and lack of on sure attendance so that says a lot. I'm still learning the rules so I got a great score once but was unclear what I did, but general I know Josh will put this heart into the code and as always, that part of American games is never a disappointment. Music as mentioned above was not great and hopefully there will be a greater variety of music in forthcoming updates. Overall the absolute best effort from Joe Balcer and team at American. Thanks for all the efforts and I can't wait to see where the logic goes on this title.

#1187 3 years ago

Sorry accidentally hit send post.

MM Royal - wow, the GI effects on this game alone make it stand out beyond what I expected and it had created the most immersive B/W I've ever played. MM is MM otherwise. The topper is pretty nice looking and the quality of it's construction is very high. Game plays exactly how you expect it to and Chicago gaming has done a nice job adding to an already top tier classic. I hear a lot about the cost and how it's insane, I get that thought process but ultimately they did add features that were not present on any other model and it was very well executed. Great job Chi Gaming!!

#1188 3 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

Hi Eric,
I heard you were in--sorry I missed you. TBL has a known software issue where the audit logs overwrite the game code after so many plays. I will find the time today to rewrite the SD card and see if that works.
Cheers,
Chris B.

You know me I’ll be back as soon as I’m able and I’m sure I’ll play it eventually. What is the policy with alcohol sales currently? I’m assuming I can buy something to go. I’m not much of a drinker but I want to do my part to support the business.

#1189 3 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Sorry accidentally hit send post.
MM Royal - wow, the GI effects on this game alone make it stand out beyond what I expected and it had created the most immersive B/W I've ever played. MM is MM otherwise. The topper is pretty nice looking and the quality of it's construction is very high. Game plays exactly how you expect it to and Chicago gaming has done a nice job adding to an already top tier classic. I hear a lot about the cost and how it's insane, I get that thought process but ultimately they did add features that were not present on any other model and it was very well executed. Great job Chi Gaming!!

I just helped a local set up his MMr RE and I agree with ya....the game is stunning. He also has MB and AFM. AFM lighting blew me away and I think it's the better of the 3 games.

Never really paid attention to the CGC Remakes before now. VERY nice games!

#1190 3 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I'm still learning the rules so I got a great score once but was unclear what I did

Scoring is influenced by managing the tach and keeping it up and also around choosing when to use turbo boost, and then making the most of its very short life (easier said than done). Lots of different ways to use Boost (and we did make some rule changes around that on yesterday's code release, now you only get one full boost per gear, after that earned boosts will just increase the tach vs giving 10X tach, shift gears by getting to redline, then you get another chance to earn a full boost). Using boost to build up the value of Track MB or maybe use it before finishing a battle to get a huge fuel bonus and final shot score or maybe start it with a stack of Victory Lap and Loop Crash Multiballs, or start EPIC with multiple features lit and then go for turbo to build up that jackpot, just don't forget to collect it once qualified and before draining or you may end up with an EPIC FAIL!

out of mode music gets more "interesting" as you advance through the race as every couple of race positions it will change with a bigger change about half way through the race.

#1191 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

You know me I’ll be back as soon as I’m able and I’m sure I’ll play it eventually. What is the policy with alcohol sales currently? I’m assuming I can buy something to go. I’m not much of a drinker but I want to do my part to support the business.

As of last Tuesday, there is no on-site consumption of alcohol at any bar or restaurant in Allegheny County. There is no set end date at this time as far as I know. We are still able to sell growlers to go and the support is definitely appreciated.

The pinballs are on and available to play. We ask folks to please wear a mask, wash hands, use hand sanitizers, leave a couple of games in between other players, and use good common sense in general. We haven't had any issues so far.

Cheers,
Chris B.

#1192 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

(and we did make some rule changes around that on yesterday's code release, ...)

Thanks for the rules insight, but more importantly thanks for the heads up on the code release. I had no idea there was a release and am updating the game here as I type this. Any chance I can sign up for a mailing list or something to get notifications of American Pinball code releases?

Thanks!
Chris B.

#1193 3 years ago

Well I finally got to play TBL and I really enjoyed it. It’s too bad DP has had so many problems because that is a solid playing games with a lot of mechs. That being said TMNT LE has arrived and that game is just special. I purchased a growler to go so as always thank you to the Chris’ for keeping pinball going.

4F532F36-2B55-4C29-A559-D4AE5481E5E0 (resized).jpeg4F532F36-2B55-4C29-A559-D4AE5481E5E0 (resized).jpeg776DDD9F-62A1-465B-8F84-267CB4A675E4 (resized).jpeg776DDD9F-62A1-465B-8F84-267CB4A675E4 (resized).jpegE54A2B56-FAF7-49F5-9797-9E9DD55F773D (resized).jpegE54A2B56-FAF7-49F5-9797-9E9DD55F773D (resized).jpeg

#1194 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Well I finally got to play TBL and I really enjoyed it. It’s too bad DP has had so many problems because that is a solid playing games with a lot of mechs. That being said TMNT LE has arrived and that game is just special. I purchased a growler to go so as always thank you to the Chris’ for keeping pinball going.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is the pro still there?

#1195 3 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Is the pro still there?

Yes

#1196 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

We can sell whatever to go but on premise consumption is prohibited. Thanks so much for your support.

#1197 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

I just helped a local set up his MMr RE and I agree with ya....the game is stunning. He also has MB and AFM. AFM lighting blew me away and I think it's the better of the 3 games.
Never really paid attention to the CGC Remakes before now. VERY nice games!

Agreed. They are modernizing classic 90's games and making them more immersive than I've ever imagined.

#1198 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Scoring is influenced by managing the tach and keeping it up and also around choosing when to use turbo boost, and then making the most of its very short life (easier said than done). Lots of different ways to use Boost (and we did make some rule changes around that on yesterday's code release, now you only get one full boost per gear, after that earned boosts will just increase the tach vs giving 10X tach, shift gears by getting to redline, then you get another chance to earn a full boost). Using boost to build up the value of Track MB or maybe use it before finishing a battle to get a huge fuel bonus and final shot score or maybe start it with a stack of Victory Lap and Loop Crash Multiballs, or start EPIC with multiple features lit and then go for turbo to build up that jackpot, just don't forget to collect it once qualified and before draining or you may end up with an EPIC FAIL!
out of mode music gets more "interesting" as you advance through the race as every couple of race positions it will change with a bigger change about half way through the race.

Wow thanks Josh! Now I wanna go play it.... I think I just might do that! Cheers. Hope you are well and we would love to see you again when this all settles.

#1199 3 years ago

I don't want to sound like a broken record here and this is the helicon thread for pinball, but I have to say, all of you on this thread and those that have reached out to me in support of the brewery, THANK YOU! No one could have prepared for this and now with a second shutdown, I'm not sure what to expect but the positive vibes, feedback and message from all of our pinball supporters has driven me most days!! I know I don't get to spend as much time with all the pinballers that I used to but it's very much appreciated!

Cheers!!

#1200 3 years ago

Happy to support you guys during this nonsense. Helicon is no question the best pinball place in Pittsburgh. I would argue the country if not the world.....

Cheers.

And F covid. Happy 4th everyone.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/helicon-brewing-just-outside-pittsburgh-pa/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.