123_1(88) (resized).jpeg
123_1(87) (resized).jpeg
123_1(90) (resized).jpeg
20240125_163420 (resized).jpg
jaws_date (resized).jpg
jaws_delivery (resized).jpg
elton_john3 (resized).jpg
elton_john2 (resized).jpg
There are 1,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 34.
#951 4 years ago

Mr Bulgogi Food truck and a new pinball machine make a great Saturday afternoon! I can’t wait.

#952 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Mr Bulgogi Food truck and a new pinball machine make a great Saturday afternoon! I can’t wait.

Thanks for all the support Bill. We really appreciate it and I would love to buy you some drinks but....

#953 4 years ago

Got to play some games with my girls. Thanks for all that came out!

20191004_205349 (resized).jpg20191004_205349 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#954 4 years ago

So I'm eating at my favorite wings place in Pittsburgh (Burg's wings - get the canjun) and guess what I see on the menu? HELICON raspberry wheat! My favorite.

Congrats on having it served at Burg's.

The best Pinball. Fantastic beer. Great owners. Cheers

Edit drinking #2 so good
20191012_173712 (resized).jpg20191012_173712 (resized).jpg
20191012_175515 (resized).jpg20191012_175515 (resized).jpg

#955 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So I'm eating at my favorite wings place in Pittsburgh (Burg's wings - get the canjun) and guess what I see on the menu? HELICON raspberry wheat! My favorite.
Edit drinking #2 so good
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thanks Delt! Maybe we need a pin at Burg's Wings!
Cheers!!

#956 4 years ago

That's awesome! I absolutely love the raspberry wheat and I'm not really a drinker so that tells you a lot.

#957 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

That's awesome! I absolutely love the raspberry wheat and I'm not really a drinker so that tells you a lot.

That you need to become a drinker?

#958 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Edit drinking #2 so good

Thank you! I get the cajun wings at Burgh's at least once a week usually 2-3 times. Great little spot! Wish they had some pins instead of the poker machines and pool table... Cheers!

1 week later
#960 4 years ago

Haha. When Chris B realizes I can't keep track of my inventory at Helicon, he sends me this. I love it! It is getting insane in there again ladies and gents. Next free play will be epic.

Screenshot_20191026-174533_Gmail (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191026-174533_Gmail (resized).jpg
#961 4 years ago

The prizes for the Elvira's House of Horrors (Limited Edition) have arrived! The tournament is Saturday 11/2. Unlimited qualifying games may be played from 2pm-6pm. Top half of the scores moved a single elimination bracket at 6pm. The finals are best of 3. No cost to enter beyond coin drop to play each game.

Cheers,
Chris

20191030_110955 (resized).jpg20191030_110955 (resized).jpg
#962 4 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

The prizes for the Elvira's House of Horrors (Limited Edition) have arrived! The tournament is Saturday 11/2. Unlimited qualifying games may be played from 2pm-6pm. Top half of the scores moved a single elimination bracket at 6pm. The finals are best of 3. No cost to enter beyond coin drop to play each game.
Cheers,
Chris[quoted image]

Looking forward to it! Thanks Chris!!

#964 4 years ago

Classics have entered Helicon. Target Alpha, Surf Champ and Robowar also set to enter the fold. Chris B find us some more room! They also almost got Royal Flush done.

20191104_225958 (resized).jpg20191104_225958 (resized).jpg
#965 4 years ago

I had the opportunity to stop at Helicon Brewing with my wife and teenage kids as we were passing through the area yesterday. I asked them if we could take a 30-minute detour to stop and play some pinball for an hour. Little did I know, I would have to force them to leave after 2.5 hours. We had a great time playing pinball. The beer was good as well. You have a great establishment!

It was really nice to have so many new games in one place. I had previously only played about half of the games you have on the floor. I enjoyed Wonka, TWD and Batman 66 much more than I expected. There were also a couple of pins I expected to like but did not like them after playing them. That's the awesome part of having all those machines in one place. Thanks for the experience!

#966 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I had the opportunity to stop at Helicon Brewing with my wife and teenage kids as we were passing through the area yesterday. I asked them if we could take a 30-minute detour to stop and play some pinball for an hour. Little did I know, I would have to force them to leave after 2.5 hours. We had a great time playing pinball. The beer was good as well. You have a great establishment!
It was really nice to have so many new games in one place. I had previously only played about half of the games you have on the floor. I enjoyed Wonka, TWD and Batman 66 much more than I expected. There were also a couple of pins I expected to like but did not like them after playing them. That's the awesome part of having all those machines in one place. Thanks for the experience!

Thanks for the kind words. We do our best and appreciate you stopping in for a visit!

#967 4 years ago

Just found out my frequency of work trips to Pittsburgh is going to double next year, there’s only one reason I’m excited about that

See you soon, Helicon!

#968 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

Just found out my frequency of work trips to Pittsburgh is going to double next year, there’s only one reason I’m excited about that
See you soon, Helicon!

Welcome aboard. The plans for Helicon for late December early January will be legendary. Thanks for your support!

#969 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Welcome aboard. The plans for Helicon for late December early January will be legendary. Thanks for your support!

I'm looking forward to the second annual Helicon Open. I'm hoping to improve on my 8th place finish from last year.

#970 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

I'm looking forward to the second annual Helicon Open. I'm hoping to improve on my 8th place finish from last year.

Eric is gonna crush it!! I hear some heavy hitters will be there this time. We will see.

2 weeks later
#971 4 years ago

A few new arrivals at the brewery:

#wizard and Surf Champ are two EMs in great shape.
#kiss-stern-le is back after a shop out.
#robo-war is up and running and playing great.

Cheers,
Chris

#972 4 years ago

It looks like I'm going to be in the area this Sunday. We plan on stopping for a couple of hours. I don't see a food truck listed on Sunday. You are allowed to order-in from one of the local restaurants, correct?

#973 4 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

A few new arrivals at the brewery:
Wizard! and Surf Champ are two EMs in great shape.
KISS (Premium/LE) is back after a shop out.
Robo-War is up and running and playing great.
Cheers,
Chris

I think we are going to head out tonight and play a few games

#974 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

It looks like I'm going to be in the area this Sunday. We plan on stopping for a couple of hours. I don't see a food truck listed on Sunday. You are allowed to order-in from one of the local restaurants, correct?

There are a few places you can order from locally and we allow all food to be brought into the brewery. Feel free to bring anything you want. The selection of games is shaping up to be an amazing collection for the Helicon Open! Enjoy!!

#975 4 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

I think we are going to head out tonight and play a few games

Awesome!! Have fun! The current collection is quite impressive!!

#976 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

There are a few places you can order from locally and we allow all food to be brought into the brewery. Feel free to bring anything you want. The selection of games is shaping up to be an amazing collection for the Helicon Open! Enjoy!!

Great! See you Sunday.

#977 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Great! See you Sunday.

Message me when you get there. I may be in the area

#978 4 years ago

We spent 5.5 hours playing pinball at Helicon today. What a great establishment. Great games, great beer, and great people! We'll be back.

#979 4 years ago

Is that a Gottlieb Spirit in the lineup? I can't believe its a Gottlieb.

#980 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

We spent 5.5 hours playing pinball at Helicon today. What a great establishment. Great games, great beer, and great people! We'll be back.

Was a pleasure to meet you and your son this evening. I hope he likes the university of Pittsburgh so there will be many family outings at Helicon. Good luck with your decision and as always, thank you so much for the continued support at the Brewery. We are always glad to see you enjoying yourself!

Best,

Chris

#981 4 years ago
Quoted from JBK:

Is that a Gottlieb Spirit in the lineup? I can't believe its a Gottlieb.

That is a Spirit! Gottlieb has taken over a small section at Helicon, we have Robowar, Jungle Queen, Spirit, Star Race, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, and Surf Champ. Incoming Gottlieb's for the Helicon Open are Target Alpha, Royal Flush and possibly another rare bird you don't see too often.

#982 4 years ago

Chris^2. Any details on the Helicon Open? My wife is starting to fill up the holiday break calendar and I want to get this in the mix!

Thanks!

#983 4 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Chris^2. Any details on the Helicon Open? My wife is starting to fill up the holiday break calendar and I want to get this in the mix!
Thanks!

We're finalizing the details this week and hope to have everything posted by Friday. I'll put links and info up here for sure the moment it is available.

Cheers,
Chris B.

#984 4 years ago

I believe the dates are set in stone. December 27-29. I think I can say there will be a classics tournament each day, a main Tournament, a charity single ball tournament and possibly a Stern Topps tournament. This is the place to be that weekend! Over 70 machines will be in site, should be a great time!

#985 4 years ago

Prizes will be a plenty also. Trophies by Tiltcycle. Amazing prizes from American Pinball, Stern Pinball, Rage Tilt, Starport, Helicon Brewing, some additional sponsors that I'll be talking about soon! Stay tuned!!

#986 4 years ago

We have been working through a lot of the details on the 2019 Helicon Open. Here is what we do know.

There will be guaranteed payouts. Those will consist of the following:

Main Tournament will have a guaranteed payout of $2,000 plus a trophies from Tiltcycle, playfields from multiple manufacturers, backglasses, translites, tee shirts and additional pinball related items. Entry for the Main Tournament will be unlimited qualifying for 2-2.5 days with finals on Sunday. Cost to enter is a one time fee of $20/player.

Classics Tournaments will be 3 tournaments total across 3 days. 1 per day, qualifying beginning at 11am - 6pm. Finals starting each day at 6:30pm. Guaranteed payout per Classics Tournament will be $500. Entry Fee will be $10 for each classic tournament. Classics Tournament will also have awards and prizes to the winners.

Stern Topps Tournament. We will have a Stern Topps Tournament running all weekend, Friday - Sunday. There will be no finals for this event but payouts will be made to the winners on Sunday at 8pm. There will be a bank of Stern games that will use the Topps system to determine an overall winner. Individual players will be paid out based on their ranking on each individual machine. This will be a casual opportunity and not be for IFPA Points.

Single Ball Charity Tournament. We will also be holding a casual single ball charity event. There will only be prizes given for this event. It is a one ball per play tournament and 100% of the money made in this tournament will be given to one of our local charities. We will have an honor system score sheet present at the game for you to leave your name and score. The overall top 3 will get prizes for their efforts and our admiration for donating to one of our outstanding charities in Western Pennsylvania.

That's all I got for now. Finishing up the details and will create a thread once everything is finalized. Any questions or comments are welcome and we appreciate all the interest from those of you that intend to make it out. We appreciate all feedback. This tournament will only be successful if others speak up and add their thoughts to what we are trying to do!

Chris M

1 week later
#987 4 years ago

Okay the details for the Helicon Open are 99% set in stone. We reserve the right to make some minor changes but they won't be much if anything.

Complete details are available at http://heliconbrewing.com/arcade/#heliconopen.

It is pretty much what cjmjmm2006 said above except that the event runs Thursday-Sunday.

Cheers,
Chris B.

#988 4 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

Okay the details for the Helicon Open are 99% set in stone. We reserve the right to make some minor changes but they won't be much if anything.
Complete details are available at http://heliconbrewing.com/arcade/#heliconopen.
It is pretty much what cjmjmm2006 said above except that the event runs Thursday-Sunday.
Cheers,
Chris B.

Event for Superstars!!

#989 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Event for Superstars!!

No superstar here....but my son and I are still playing! LOL. Is registration the day of the event?

#990 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

No superstar here....but my son and I are still playing! LOL. Is registration the day of the event?

I believe it is in site at Helicon. You can register other people if they are on their way or plan on attending. Thursday through Saturday we can sign you up.

#991 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I believe it is in site at Helicon. You can register other people if they are on their way or plan on attending. Thursday through Saturday we can sign you up.

Thanks, Chris.

#992 4 years ago

Man...it's amazing how good a pin Indiana Jones is. Crazy to go from that to any modern game. Had such a great time playing it yesterday!

The callouts are plentiful and actual actor clips. Animations are top notch and not distracting. There are SO many shots, some easy, some tough, and some often incidental.

It's just such a perfectly balanced game, with so many great mechs, fantastic music, great code, and just a step above most games.

Thanks guys for getting this into Helicon!!! The collection grows greater, by the day!

#993 4 years ago

IJTPA? When did they get that? Maybe ToM is not too far behind. That would be 2 for 2.

#994 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

IJTPA? When did they get that? Maybe ToM is not too far behind. That would be 2 for 2.

Yup.

Just turned around yesterday, and there is was caddycorner from Munsters, and next to STNG.

I didn't see an announcement in the thread. Those coy devils!

#995 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Event for Superstars!!

Not a superstar, more like a barely adequate panic flipper, non the less, I'll be there, can't wait!

#996 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Man...it's amazing how good a pin Indiana Jones is. Crazy to go from that to any modern game. Had such a great time playing it yesterday!
The callouts are plentiful and actual actor clips. Animations are top notch and not distracting. There are SO many shots, some easy, some tough, and some often incidental.
It's just such a perfectly balanced game, with so many great mechs, fantastic music, great code, and just a step above most games.
Thanks guys for getting this into Helicon!!! The collection grows greater, by the day!

This is my favorite Williams wide body. We have had a lot of great games at Helicon. Shame they can't all stay forever. Thanks for the continued support Wes!

#997 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

ToM is such a maintenance hog that everyone will grow board of quickly. That said we are working on it and it is in the queue of potential games to be at Helicon. There are some "heavy hitters" in that line up so not sure what will take precedence but this line up will be spectacular for the tournament. There is no doubt! Hope you are well Delt. Look forward to seeing you at the brewery.

#998 4 years ago
Quoted from yatch11:

Not a superstar, more like a barely adequate panic flipper, non the less, I'll be there, can't wait!

It takes all types. I am glad to see that you will be attending. I will be there for some time every day. Hope you can spend some time chatting and having a beer with me Dan.

#999 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

It takes all types. I am glad to see that you will be attending. I will be there for some time every day. Hope you can spend some time chatting and having a beer with me Dan.

No doubt about it!

#1000 4 years ago

I had a great time at Helicon tonight, hopefully this time it won't be a year before I get back. Good luck with the tournament at the end of the month, seeing the work you were putting in tonight the machines should be in tip top shape.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 26.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/helicon-brewing-just-outside-pittsburgh-pa/page/20?hl=ericc123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.