123_1(87) (resized).jpeg
123_1(90) (resized).jpeg
20240125_163420 (resized).jpg
jaws_date (resized).jpg
jaws_delivery (resized).jpg
elton_john3 (resized).jpg
elton_john2 (resized).jpg
elton_john1 (resized).jpg

There are 1,664 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 34.
#751 4 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

I guess what I was asking is whether the Helicon games will be available to play all weekend in light of ReplayFX?

Yes. Helicon Brewing is open everyday. If you need a break from replay, feel free to visit us for a beer and some games.

#753 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Yes. Helicon Brewing is open everyday. If you need a break from replay, feel free to visit us for a beer and some games.

Lol I might just skip replay and come to you . That's one hell of a collection.

#754 4 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

Lol I might just skip replay and come to you . That's one hell of a collection.

I think there a lot of places in and around Pittsburgh that are worthy of a visit for a day. I will say this is absolutely the most maintained collection of games for public play. I believe the last 17 Stern's are present and most of the are in the form of the Limited Edition series. There are also 3 Wonka LE's and a Cosmic Carnival so I am sure you will be happy with the variety and over quality of what is offered at Helicon.

Hope to see you there. PM me if you think you will be stopping by. I'd love to meet you.

#755 4 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

This game arrived today. It is in absolutely pristine condition. It might be as wide as two regular pins.[quoted image]

Chris when you're ready to sell this game let me know!

#756 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Chris when you're ready to sell this game let me know!

I guess I need to start selling games. Everyone keeps telling me I have too many. LoL

#757 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I guess I need to start selling games. Everyone keeps telling me I have too many. LoL

That would be nice, it would save me a heck of a lot of driving. I have to drive to Missouri to pick up a Flight 2000.

#758 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

No such thing as too many games.....just people want games you have and will use any excuse to get you to sell

#759 4 years ago

Ok everything is for sale at Helicon. Make me an offer. Haha

#760 4 years ago

Depending on how hectic work is, I'm going to try and make it up tonight with my GoPro so I can record a walk-through of the pin lineup. Unless that's frowned upon.

#761 4 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

Depending on how hectic work is, I'm going to try and make it up tonight with my GoPro so I can record a walk-through of the pin lineup. Unless that's frowned upon.

I do not think there will be any problem. Thanks for visiting!

#762 4 years ago

I apologize if this has been asked, but what exactly is the arrangement with this place? I get confused about who works there, who operates the machines? As awesome as it is, I just kept thinking OK why is a brewery spending 100k+ on all of these machines? But it sounds like maybe it's a parking spot for some games that will later be routed or sold?

#763 4 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

I apologize if this has been asked, but what exactly is the arrangement with this place? I get confused about who works there, who operates the machines? As awesome as it is, I just kept thinking OK why is a brewery spending 100k+ on all of these machines? But it sounds like maybe it's a parking spot for some games that will later be routed or sold?

ChrisB is the owner of the brewery and Chris M (cjmjmm2006) is the pin operator. Chris M routes a lot of machines and changes the lineup periodically, but always has an eclectic mix and brings in brand new titles. Right now the lineup is double its usual size because of replayfx and the Wednesday night tournament. Both Chris's are totally into pinball and great guys to deal with, so even though the lineup keeps changing their devotion to pinball is steadfast.

#764 4 years ago

Helicon is one of the only places you will find this many LE's on route and Chris manages to get his hands on games before anyone else. The atmosphere is great with the beer and food trucks. Only thing it's missing is a TBL and Alien.

#765 4 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

Well I can start to answer but Joe knows me well. Haha. Truth is chrisb and I are great friends and I route games in 4 states. Pinball is a small portion of what I do on a daily basis but Helicon is certainly a passion of mine. We don't really sell games. I guess I shouldn't joke about that. We try to often rotate games to keep interest in the games and Brewery very high. It's really usually around 40ish games but we wanted to do something special for the folks visiting for replay. I really have no reason to have all those wonkas there. Trust me my other customers are on my back about their machines and I will get them there sometime next week.

We have pinball machines all over 4 states and I couldn't do it without all the support of the great community. Everyone chiming in, thanks for the kind words. We appreciate everyone stopping in and checking out our version of pinball brewery.

#766 4 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

ChrisB is the owner of the brewery and Chris M (cjmjmm2006) is the pin operator. Chris M routes a lot of machines and changes the lineup periodically, but always has an eclectic mix and brings in brand new titles. Right now the lineup is double its usual size because of replayfx and the Wednesday night tournament. Both Chris's are totally into pinball and great guys to deal with, so even though the lineup keeps changing their devotion to pinball is steadfast.

Joe you know me well. See you tomorrow. Good luck.

#767 4 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Helicon is one of the only places you will find this many LE's on route and Chris manages to get his hands on games before anyone else. The atmosphere is great with the beer and food trucks. Only thing it's missing is a TBL and Alien.

Haha. I can't get alien reliable for this week. TBL is very close

#768 4 years ago

Great time as always for these events! Everyone there is always so supportive and friendly, and the game selection this week was immense!!! So great to get to check out Wonka LE's timessssss thrrrrreeeee!!!

20190729_155009 (resized).jpg20190729_155009 (resized).jpg
#769 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Joe you know me well. See you tomorrow. Good luck.

Thanks. I've never heard you talk seriously about selling--just buying.

#770 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Great time as always for these events! Everyone there is always so supportive and friendly, and the game selection this week was immense!!! So great to get to check out Wonka LE's timessssss thrrrrreeeee!!! [quoted image]

Thanks for stopping Wes. Hope I'll get to see you Wednesday. I'll have a squad of mini me's with me. My daughter will kick your butt!!

#771 4 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Thanks. I've never heard you talk seriously about selling--just buying.

Haha. You know it's something I will have to address one day. I've amassed a considerable amount of coin op related stuff and I don't want my kids to be stuck dealing with it. Although both my girls cried their eyes out when I took a Hammerhead (whack-a-mole type game) to be refurbished. I mean to the point where they proactively cleaning their rooms and asking if I need help with the grass... Haha

#772 4 years ago

Our crew from Auburn Alabama, are leaving very early in the morning so we can visit and play pinball as this thread has gotten us hyped up! Looking forward to it for sure.

#773 4 years ago
Quoted from gentrsa:

Our crew from Auburn Alabama, are leaving very early in the morning so we can visit and play pinball as this thread has gotten us hyped up! Looking forward to it for sure.

Wow. Quite the trek. Safe travels. I hope you enjoy your time in Pittsburgh!!

#774 4 years ago

I may crash this party too ! Have a cold glass ready Chris !
Joe

#775 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I may crash this party too ! Have a cold glass ready Chris !
Joe

The more Joe's the better!

#776 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Well I can start to answer but Joe knows me well. Haha. Truth is chrisb and I are great friends and I route games in 4 states. Pinball is a small portion of what I do on a daily basis but Helicon is certainly a passion of mine. We don't really sell games. I guess I shouldn't joke about that. We try to often rotate games to keep interest in the games and Brewery very high. It's really usually around 40ish games but we wanted to do something special for the folks visiting for replay. I really have no reason to have all those wonkas there. Trust me my other customers are on my back about their machines and I will get them there sometime next week.
We have pinball machines all over 4 states and I couldn't do it without all the support of the great community. Everyone chiming in, thanks for the kind words. We appreciate everyone stopping in and checking out our version of pinball brewery.

I know I'm not the only one who appreciates all the hard work and dedication you and Chris B do to make sure that anyone who comes there has a great time no matter why they are there. Can't wait to see everyone tomorrow!

#777 4 years ago

Can't wait to see the Joe's!! Always nice to hear from Joe N also!!

#778 4 years ago

I'll be skipping replay on Sunday to spend a while there. Lineup looks amazing. I only wish JP would have made it out in the wild by then but that will give me an excuse to make a road trip in a month or so.

#779 4 years ago

Finally heading there. I should be a screw up at work so I could've left earlier.

#780 4 years ago
Quoted from greenhorn1:

I'll be skipping replay on Sunday to spend a while there. Lineup looks amazing. I only wish JP would have made it out in the wild by then but that will give me an excuse to make a road trip in a month or so.

We appreciate the kind words. Thanks for the support.

#781 4 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

Finally heading there. I should be a screw up at work so I could've left earlier.

I'll try and make it out Geo. Thanks for making this part of your trip!

#782 4 years ago

Well, I knew this would be a good pinball week, but it turns out to be a better one than I thought. Chris M just texted me the good news. Even if I'm lousy in the Wednesday night Helicon tournament, I managed to win the pinball.edu raffle drawing tonight, so now I have to choose a new Stern pin. A good problem to have. It will likely be JP2, but I haven't seen any videos of it yet, so opinions on JP2 will be welcome on Wednesday night.

#783 4 years ago

On our way. See ya at noon.

Also if that embryonic really is for sale... cough cough

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#784 4 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Well, I knew this would be a good pinball week, but it turns out to be a better one than I thought. Chris M just texted me the good news. Even if I'm lousy in the Wednesday night Helicon tournament, I managed to win the pinball.edu raffle drawing tonight, so now I have to choose a new Stern pin. A good problem to have. It will likely be JP2, but I haven't seen any videos of it yet, so opinions on JP2 will be welcome on Wednesday night.

Truly couldn't happen to a better human being! Joe rocks!!

#785 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

On our way. See ya at noon.
Also if that embryonic really is for sale... cough cough[quoted image]

Just take it, drive safe

#786 4 years ago

Haha. Look at this a year ago. Sitting at a red light someone text me to remind me how crazy I am for this collection of games.

Screenshot_20190730-212512_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190730-212512_Chrome (resized).jpg
#787 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Just take it, drive safe

Done!

Excited to see you and hang tomorrow

#788 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Done!
Excited to see you and hang tomorrow

Safe travels.

#789 4 years ago

Today is the day!!! The first of 3 Tournaments at the Brewery! Stop by and have a try. I'm told some of the best in the world will be in attendance.

Also don't miss out on your chance to meet the unmistakable Joe Newhart in a casual setting. Easily with the price of admission. (admission is free)

#790 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:Also if that embryonic really is for sale... cough cough
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Just take it, drive safe

Ahhhh you need to stand in line!

#791 4 years ago

I’m in town for work this week, so I’ll be swinging by this afternoon. This place looks/sounds awesome.

#792 4 years ago

Place is amazing!

Thx Chris and Chris!!!! Top notch beer and pins!

#793 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Ahhhh you need to stand in line!

Haha you guys are series about these games.

#794 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

I’m in town for work this week, so I’ll be swinging by this afternoon. This place looks/sounds awesome.

Let me know what you think. Thanks for stopping by!!

#795 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Place is amazing!
Thx Chris and Chris!!!! Top notch beer and pins!

Thanks Hilton. I appreciate the kind words and your kind gesture. Cheers!!

#796 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Haha you guys are series about these games.

He can take it. You k ow what I want

I just need a price... have space to take it in the car also. Gigityy

#797 4 years ago

Was on the way to hang with the best Pinball players in the world and this fucking happens. Now I'm waiting on a tow. Long story short, had flat Monday on the way to town, AAA put on spare, AAA obviously didn't tighten enough, I got screwed out of a fun night of pinball and friends. Ridiculous.

20190731_202129 (resized).jpg20190731_202129 (resized).jpg
#798 4 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

Was on the way to hang with the best Pinball players in the world and this fucking happens. Now I'm waiting on a tow. Long story short, had flat Monday on the way to town, AAA put on spare, AAA obviously didn't tighten enough, I got screwed out of a fun night of pinball and friends. Ridiculous.[quoted image]

Fuck that really sucks man...

#799 4 years ago

Wooooooow!! What a lineup and all played great. I’ve been able to play at many locations across the country, and this has to be one of the best locations I’ve ever visited.

Got to meet some super nice folks playing in my first tournament tonight.

Good luck at Pinburgh, everyone!

#800 4 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

Was on the way to hang with the best Pinball players in the world and this fucking happens. Now I'm waiting on a tow. Long story short, had flat Monday on the way to town, AAA put on spare, AAA obviously didn't tighten enough, I got screwed out of a fun night of pinball and friends. Ridiculous.[quoted image]

Geo you should have called me. I would've got you where you needed to be.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,664 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/helicon-brewing-just-outside-pittsburgh-pa/page/16?hl=yatch11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.