123_1(88) (resized).jpeg
123_1(87) (resized).jpeg
123_1(90) (resized).jpeg
20240125_163420 (resized).jpg
jaws_date (resized).jpg
jaws_delivery (resized).jpg
elton_john3 (resized).jpg
elton_john2 (resized).jpg
There are 1,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 34.
#651 4 years ago
Quoted from KYLEDM5:

Any new word on Cosmic Carnival's arrival?

Here is a shot of my conversation with Brent Ponder at Suncoast. He says it should ship out on time, Wednesday. 2 days from Florida. If it is shipped R&L Carriers we will have it at the Brewery Friday late afternoon.

Screenshot_20190706-190313_Messages (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190706-190313_Messages (resized).jpg
#652 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

It's an all brewery league. Gonna be fun!

Hmmmmmmmm. When someone TILTs everyone takes a shot?

#653 4 years ago
Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

Hmmmmmmmm. When someone TILTs everyone takes a shot?

We will definitely be incorporating beer.

#655 4 years ago

Is there a tournament here the Wednesday night before pinburgh? If so, what time?

#656 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is there a tournament here the Wednesday night before pinburgh? If so, what time?

I believe there are 2 tournaments there sanctioned by the IFPA Wednesday and then another Sunday post Pinburgh. I am not 100% but I will have chrisb respond to this.

Thanks Chuck!

#657 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I believe there are 2 tournaments there sanctioned by the IFPA Wednesday and then another Sunday post Pinburgh. I am not 100% but I will have chrisb respond to this.
Thanks Chuck!

The later the better on Wednesday we get to town around 5-6 Wednesday. No worries if not.

#658 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The later the better on Wednesday we get to town around 5-6 Wednesday. No worries if not.

I am almost positive there will be an early and a late session at Helicon on Wednesday.

There is also a post Pinburgh tournament Sunday.

Screenshot_20190711-161629_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190711-161629_Chrome (resized).jpg
#659 4 years ago

Sorry here is the display of all 3 Tournaments. The dates are not correct but I think that may be a miscommunication to the IFPA. Waiting to hear back.

Screenshot_20190711-162127_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190711-162127_Chrome (resized).jpg
#660 4 years ago

I recently had the opportunity to visit Helicon on a trip to Pittsburgh and just want to add my voice to the choir and say that Helicon may be the best experience I have ever had playing pinball on location. I say this as someone visiting from NYC where I consider myself spoiled with all of the newest and best games/collections, but this place is next level.

I was initially skeptical to make the trip due to the distance from the city center, but was fortunate that a great local player that I met at Kickback convinced me to make the trip with him (thanks if you're on here Jeffro!). The machines are a beautifully maintained and lovingly curated collection that spans the best of nearly every generation of the game, and Chris is one of the most passionate and dedicated people I have ever met in the hobby. As has been mentioned here previously, if you mention even the smallest issue or offhand comment to him about a game he will stop what he is doing to immediately either correct it or explain why something is the way it is. Honestly, it really highlighted some of the issues with many of the newly manufactured games, as anything wrong with them became more a comment on the build quality or design than the adjustment of the game itself, as he tunes and tweaks these games to an insane degree. He loves these games because he plays these games, and it shows.

I don't think there is any way to beat looking over the headbox of a game between balls to the beautiful landscape outside of the expansive loading bay doors. That they served the best beer that I had on my visit was icing on the cake. It's an easy trip on your way to or from the airport especially and if you're visiting from out of town I cannot recommend enough going out of your way to make a stop here.

#661 4 years ago
Quoted from wmanningiv:

I recently had the opportunity to visit Helicon on a trip to Pittsburgh and just want to add my voice to the choir and say that Helicon may be the best experience I have ever had playing pinball on location. I say this as someone visiting from NYC where I consider myself spoiled with all of the newest and best games/collections, but this place is next level.
I was initially skeptical to make the trip due to the distance from the city center, but was fortunate that a great local player that I met at Kickback convinced me to make the trip with him (thanks if you're on here Jeffro!). The machines are a beautifully maintained and lovingly curated collection that spans the best of nearly every generation of the game, and Chris is one of the most passionate and dedicated people I have ever met in the hobby. As has been mentioned here previously, if you mention even the smallest issue or offhand comment to him about a game he will stop what he is doing to immediately either correct it or explain why something is the way it is. Honestly, it really highlighted some of the issues with many of the newly manufactured games, as anything wrong with them became more a comment on the build quality or design than the adjustment of the game itself, as he tunes and tweaks these games to an insane degree. He loves these games because he plays these games, and it shows.
I don't think there is any way to beat looking over the headbox of a game between balls to the beautiful landscape outside of the expansive loading bay doors. That they served the best beer that I had on my visit was icing on the cake. It's an easy trip on your way to or from the airport especially and if you're visiting from out of town I cannot recommend enough going out of your way to make a stop here.

I am so glad we got to chat, even though you were basically on your way out. It certainly was great to meet you. I am the other Chris.

I can't agree more, chrisb is an absolute asset, plain and simple. He makes my job and the job of our technicians so much easier by providing an online log of issues that we address regularly. He knows how much I value his dedication to the collection of games. It is what I consider, the best well maintained collection of games I have ever put on my route. I can't imagine having these all anywhere else.

When you return for replay let's have a beer and I am sure by then we will have Wonka LE, Cosmic Carnival and possibly one other new comer.

Cheers!

#662 4 years ago

It was great to meet you Chris and I cannot over-emphasize your contribution to making the place what it is either. You have done an unreal job putting that collection together. The venue and your games are a perfect compliment for each other and I hope you two remain a team for a long time to come!

#663 4 years ago
Quoted from wmanningiv:

It was great to meet you Chris and I cannot over-emphasize your contribution to making the place what it is either. You have done an unreal job putting that collection together. The venue and your games are a perfect compliment for each other and I hope you two remain a team for a long time to come!

Chris and I are great friends outside of pinball. I certainly hope it's there for our kids to enjoy as adults. Cheers Wyndham! Hope to see you again soon!!

#664 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Chris and I are great friends outside of pinball. I certainly hope it's there for our kids to enjoy as adults. Cheers Wyndham! Hope to see you again soon!!

Chris, have you given thought to changing your name to make it easier for people to differentiate the two of you?

#665 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Chris, have you given thought to changing your name to make it easier for people to differentiate the two of you?

Haha. I have gone by CJ too if chrisb wants to be Chris.

#666 4 years ago

So...Big Lebowski coming to Helicon soon? lol

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#668 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

So...Big Lebowski coming to Helicon soon? lol

I have a few or the EA run already. We are fixing it up in am attempt to bring it out to Helicon Brewing during replay.

#669 4 years ago

CB you see me in 3d!!

#670 4 years ago

Willy Wonka code has been updated to 1.08.

Black Knight 2000, Aerosmith LE, The Shadow, No Fear, and the original High Speed have been added. Ramping up towards ReplayFX in a few weeks. Lots of free play Mondays will be posted soon starting with Monday, 7/29.

Cheers,
Chris B.

#671 4 years ago
Quoted from wmanningiv:

Very high compliments, thank you Wyndham! Hope you can make it back soon!

#672 4 years ago

Had to stop out to greet a pinball legend! Games are flying into the brewery. This is shaping up to be something amazing!

20190713_133829 (resized).jpg20190713_133829 (resized).jpg
#673 4 years ago

Another trip to Helicon today where you see several different groups of people with different interests mingle. Athletes and families riding bikes & hiking enjoying the 28 mile long Panhandle trail, beer lovers, food truck junkies and Pinball players. Something for the whole family to do!
More games were literally rolling in, lobster truck was out front, and I received some tips from CJ. CB was working like a machine keeping the crowds hydrated.

2B3F70C1-0EB5-4C19-8990-C67D7BFD28A4 (resized).jpeg2B3F70C1-0EB5-4C19-8990-C67D7BFD28A4 (resized).jpeg
#674 4 years ago

It was great to meet your wife and daughter Bill. Thanks for the support and enjoying a day at Helicon!!

#675 4 years ago

Champion Pub and Iron Man added. Still loads more to come. Helicon will be packed to the gills for Replay!

#676 4 years ago

Cosmic Carnival Pinball Review!!

#677 4 years ago
Quoted from NathanN:

Cosmic Carnival Pinball Review!!

Awesome! Just in case we all missed the thread you made dedicated to this video.

#678 4 years ago

We are super excited about it. I cannot wait to get my flips in. We are so happy to support Suncoast Pinball on their maiden voyage. The artwork is spectacular and it certainly looks the part. We will have it set up perfectly for Replay so stop by and give it a try!

#679 4 years ago

Family Guy added. Banzai Run may also be added today.

#680 4 years ago

The next free play night at the brewery is scheduled for Monday, July 29th, the Monday of Replay FX week.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/408425289797575/
Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/replay-free-play-pinball-july-29th-2019-tickets-65285843716

We will also host two additional free play nights while all the games are here. They will be on Mondays 8/5 and Monday 8/12.

#681 4 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

The next free play night at the brewery is scheduled for Monday, July 29th, the Monday of Replay FX week.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/408425289797575/
Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/replay-free-play-pinball-july-29th-2019-tickets-65285843716
We will also host two additional free play nights while all the games are here. They will be on Mondays 8/5 and Monday 8/12.

Wow, I just got a few messages saying people are coming in early for replay because of this event. That is insane. Chris are you limiting the invites to this?

#682 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Wow, I just got a few messages saying people are coming in early for replay because of this event. That is insane. Chris are you limiting the invites to this?

I was thinking of coming out as usual but wondering if I should leave the spots for people from out of town?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#683 4 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

I was thinking of coming out as usual but wondering if I should leave the spots for people from out of town?

I think we are going to open up a lot more spots because we are pushing to 65 games. I personally think you will be fine but that is very kind of you to offer your spot. Thanks Dave.

#684 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Chris are you limiting the invites to this?

I've always made it one event ticket per game at the brewery for free play nights, so usually 40-50 tickets sold. I set the limit to 60 tickets for Replay week even though we'll have close to 70 games.

#685 4 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

I've always made it one event ticket per game at the brewery for free play nights, so usually 40-50 tickets sold. I set the limit to 60 tickets for Replay week even though we'll have close to 70 games.

It's either Helicon Brewing or it isn't

#686 4 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

I'm in then! Time to get some practice in for Pinburgh!

#687 4 years ago

Stopping by this afternoon. Saw Wonka again with my kids and that movie is so good would make perfect pinball. I'm giving it another clean try with new code. So much I want to love about it!

#688 4 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

Close to 70 pins, holy s@%!. Cant wait to see where you're putting them all! This is going to be a fun week

#689 4 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

I'm in then! Time to get some practice in for Pinburgh!

This will be a good day to do it! Thanks for the support!

#690 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Stopping by this afternoon. Saw Wonka again with my kids and that movie is so good would make perfect pinball. I'm giving it another clean try with new code. So much I want to love about it!

Have fun. Let me know what your thoughts are! Cheers!

#691 4 years ago
Quoted from yatch11:

Close to 70 pins, holy s@%!. Cant wait to see where you're putting them all! This is going to be a fun week

Me too! Haha

#692 4 years ago

Taxi, F-14 Tomcat, and Whirlwind are all up and playing great!

20190720_124017 (resized).jpg20190720_124017 (resized).jpg
#693 4 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

Taxi, F-14 Tomcat, and Whirlwind are all up and playing great![quoted image]

Wellllllll looookkkkky hereeee!

#694 4 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

Taxi, F-14 Tomcat, and Whirlwind are all up and playing great![quoted image]

Nice. Whirlwind is the first game I ever recall playing, Showtime Pizza. Creepy robot puppets!

#695 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Nice. Whirlwind is the first game I ever recall playing, Showtime Pizza. Creepy robot puppets!

A creepy robot is coming. Return to your homes!!

#696 4 years ago

Another great visit. Place was bumping. Fantastic place that keeps on getting better. Of course Chris on full effect checking everything out and always helpful.

As for Wonka, I can't think of a game I want to love more but this game absolutely kills me. Theme integration and music/sounds is still such a mess I'm frustrated about it bc I really want to buy it and literally have cash in hand. Oh well. Such a blown opp. On to Jurassic hopefully

#697 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Another great visit. Place was bumping. Fantastic place that keeps on getting better. Of course Chris on full effect checking everything out and always helpful.
As for Wonka, I can't think of a game I want to love more but this game absolutely kills me. Theme integration and music/sounds is still such a mess I'm frustrated about it bc I really want to buy it and literally have cash in hand. Oh well. Such a blown opp. On to Jurassic hopefully

Thanks again for stopping out. We have seen that in general the casual customer is in love with this theme. I have not played the new code so I will have to check it out today. My kids are whining about wanting one at the house. Guess it's a love hate relationship with this title. Hopefully the code moves to a place where you will want to own one. Cheers Delt!

#698 4 years ago

Incoming!!

Wonka LE has also left NJ!! CAN'T WAIT

2019072395160205 (resized).jpg2019072395160205 (resized).jpg
#699 4 years ago

Helicon is going to give ReplayFX a run for its money as to a better pinball experience! I’d rather pay to play than stand in lines with loud rock music playing. Replay in the morning, Helicon in the evening!

#700 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Helicon is going to give ReplayFX a run for its money as to a better pinball experience! I’d rather pay to play than stand in lines with loud rock music playing. Replay in the morning, Helicon in the evening!

Helicon is certainly a much different experience. Both will be wonderful and we welcome everyone to stop and see what all the fuss is about. Haha.

See you soon Bill! Thanks for the support!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

There are 1,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/helicon-brewing-just-outside-pittsburgh-pa/page/14?hl=wmanningiv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.