Topic Stats

• 677 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 56 minutes ago by pipes
  • Topic is favorited by 21 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 152 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2B3F70C1-0EB5-4C19-8990-C67D7BFD28A4 (resized).jpeg
20190713_133829 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190711-162127_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190711-161629_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190706-190313_Messages (resized).jpg
20190703_131536 (resized).jpg
199E5902-295A-4216-8B1D-9AAA8AB6BB8C (resized).jpeg
123951(65) (resized).jpg
123951(64) (resized).jpg
20190626_213809 (resized).jpg
B5A5DF1A-2F9E-47EE-B22C-C392B05A87AF (resized).jpeg
20190625_131230 (resized).jpg
123951(54) (resized).jpg
20190603_190557 (resized).jpg
20190603_190618 (resized).jpg
20190419_203813 (resized).jpg

There are 677 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 14.
#651 9 days ago
Quoted from KYLEDM5:

Any new word on Cosmic Carnival's arrival?

Here is a shot of my conversation with Brent Ponder at Suncoast. He says it should ship out on time, Wednesday. 2 days from Florida. If it is shipped R&L Carriers we will have it at the Brewery Friday late afternoon.

Screenshot_20190706-190313_Messages (resized).jpg
#652 7 days ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

It's an all brewery league. Gonna be fun!

Hmmmmmmmm. When someone TILTs everyone takes a shot?

#653 7 days ago
Quoted from SarverSystems:

Hmmmmmmmm. When someone TILTs everyone takes a shot?

We will definitely be incorporating beer.

#655 4 days ago

Is there a tournament here the Wednesday night before pinburgh? If so, what time?

#656 4 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is there a tournament here the Wednesday night before pinburgh? If so, what time?

I believe there are 2 tournaments there sanctioned by the IFPA Wednesday and then another Sunday post Pinburgh. I am not 100% but I will have chrisb respond to this.

Thanks Chuck!

#657 4 days ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I believe there are 2 tournaments there sanctioned by the IFPA Wednesday and then another Sunday post Pinburgh. I am not 100% but I will have chrisb respond to this.
Thanks Chuck!

The later the better on Wednesday we get to town around 5-6 Wednesday. No worries if not.

#658 4 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The later the better on Wednesday we get to town around 5-6 Wednesday. No worries if not.

I am almost positive there will be an early and a late session at Helicon on Wednesday.

There is also a post Pinburgh tournament Sunday.

Screenshot_20190711-161629_Chrome (resized).jpg
#659 4 days ago

Sorry here is the display of all 3 Tournaments. The dates are not correct but I think that may be a miscommunication to the IFPA. Waiting to hear back.

Screenshot_20190711-162127_Chrome (resized).jpg
#660 4 days ago

I recently had the opportunity to visit Helicon on a trip to Pittsburgh and just want to add my voice to the choir and say that Helicon may be the best experience I have ever had playing pinball on location. I say this as someone visiting from NYC where I consider myself spoiled with all of the newest and best games/collections, but this place is next level.

I was initially skeptical to make the trip due to the distance from the city center, but was fortunate that a great local player that I met at Kickback convinced me to make the trip with him (thanks if you're on here Jeffro!). The machines are a beautifully maintained and lovingly curated collection that spans the best of nearly every generation of the game, and Chris is one of the most passionate and dedicated people I have ever met in the hobby. As has been mentioned here previously, if you mention even the smallest issue or offhand comment to him about a game he will stop what he is doing to immediately either correct it or explain why something is the way it is. Honestly, it really highlighted some of the issues with many of the newly manufactured games, as anything wrong with them became more a comment on the build quality or design than the adjustment of the game itself, as he tunes and tweaks these games to an insane degree. He loves these games because he plays these games, and it shows.

I don't think there is any way to beat looking over the headbox of a game between balls to the beautiful landscape outside of the expansive loading bay doors. That they served the best beer that I had on my visit was icing on the cake. It's an easy trip on your way to or from the airport especially and if you're visiting from out of town I cannot recommend enough going out of your way to make a stop here.

#661 4 days ago
Quoted from wmanningiv:

I recently had the opportunity to visit Helicon on a trip to Pittsburgh and just want to add my voice to the choir and say that Helicon may be the best experience I have ever had playing pinball on location. I say this as someone visiting from NYC where I consider myself spoiled with all of the newest and best games/collections, but this place is next level.
I was initially skeptical to make the trip due to the distance from the city center, but was fortunate that a great local player that I met at Kickback convinced me to make the trip with him (thanks if you're on here Jeffro!). The machines are a beautifully maintained and lovingly curated collection that spans the best of nearly every generation of the game, and Chris is one of the most passionate and dedicated people I have ever met in the hobby. As has been mentioned here previously, if you mention even the smallest issue or offhand comment to him about a game he will stop what he is doing to immediately either correct it or explain why something is the way it is. Honestly, it really highlighted some of the issues with many of the newly manufactured games, as anything wrong with them became more a comment on the build quality or design than the adjustment of the game itself, as he tunes and tweaks these games to an insane degree. He loves these games because he plays these games, and it shows.
I don't think there is any way to beat looking over the headbox of a game between balls to the beautiful landscape outside of the expansive loading bay doors. That they served the best beer that I had on my visit was icing on the cake. It's an easy trip on your way to or from the airport especially and if you're visiting from out of town I cannot recommend enough going out of your way to make a stop here.

I am so glad we got to chat, even though you were basically on your way out. It certainly was great to meet you. I am the other Chris.

I can't agree more, chrisb is an absolute asset, plain and simple. He makes my job and the job of our technicians so much easier by providing an online log of issues that we address regularly. He knows how much I value his dedication to the collection of games. It is what I consider, the best well maintained collection of games I have ever put on my route. I can't imagine having these all anywhere else.

When you return for replay let's have a beer and I am sure by then we will have Wonka LE, Cosmic Carnival and possibly one other new comer.

Cheers!

#662 4 days ago

It was great to meet you Chris and I cannot over-emphasize your contribution to making the place what it is either. You have done an unreal job putting that collection together. The venue and your games are a perfect compliment for each other and I hope you two remain a team for a long time to come!

#663 4 days ago
Quoted from wmanningiv:

It was great to meet you Chris and I cannot over-emphasize your contribution to making the place what it is either. You have done an unreal job putting that collection together. The venue and your games are a perfect compliment for each other and I hope you two remain a team for a long time to come!

Chris and I are great friends outside of pinball. I certainly hope it's there for our kids to enjoy as adults. Cheers Wyndham! Hope to see you again soon!!

#664 3 days ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Chris and I are great friends outside of pinball. I certainly hope it's there for our kids to enjoy as adults. Cheers Wyndham! Hope to see you again soon!!

Chris, have you given thought to changing your name to make it easier for people to differentiate the two of you?

#665 3 days ago
Quoted from meSz:

Chris, have you given thought to changing your name to make it easier for people to differentiate the two of you?

Haha. I have gone by CJ too if chrisb wants to be Chris.

#666 3 days ago

So...Big Lebowski coming to Helicon soon? lol

#668 3 days ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

So...Big Lebowski coming to Helicon soon? lol

I have a few or the EA run already. We are fixing it up in am attempt to bring it out to Helicon Brewing during replay.

#669 3 days ago

CB you see me in 3d!!

#670 2 days ago

Willy Wonka code has been updated to 1.08.

Black Knight 2000, Aerosmith LE, The Shadow, No Fear, and the original High Speed have been added. Ramping up towards ReplayFX in a few weeks. Lots of free play Mondays will be posted soon starting with Monday, 7/29.

Cheers,
Chris B.

#671 2 days ago
Quoted from wmanningiv:

Very high compliments, thank you Wyndham! Hope you can make it back soon!

#672 2 days ago

Had to stop out to greet a pinball legend! Games are flying into the brewery. This is shaping up to be something amazing!

20190713_133829 (resized).jpg
#673 2 days ago

Another trip to Helicon today where you see several different groups of people with different interests mingle. Athletes and families riding bikes & hiking enjoying the 28 mile long Panhandle trail, beer lovers, food truck junkies and Pinball players. Something for the whole family to do!
More games were literally rolling in, lobster truck was out front, and I received some tips from CJ. CB was working like a machine keeping the crowds hydrated.

2B3F70C1-0EB5-4C19-8990-C67D7BFD28A4 (resized).jpeg
#674 1 day ago

It was great to meet your wife and daughter Bill. Thanks for the support and enjoying a day at Helicon!!

#675 11 hours ago

Champion Pub and Iron Man added. Still loads more to come. Helicon will be packed to the gills for Replay!

#676 4 hours ago

Cosmic Carnival Pinball Review!!

#677 56 minutes ago
Quoted from NathanN:

Cosmic Carnival Pinball Review!!

Awesome! Just in case we all missed the thread you made dedicated to this video.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 677 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 14.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside