123_1(88) (resized).jpeg
123_1(87) (resized).jpeg
123_1(90) (resized).jpeg
20240125_163420 (resized).jpg
jaws_date (resized).jpg
jaws_delivery (resized).jpg
elton_john3 (resized).jpg
elton_john2 (resized).jpg
There are 1,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 34.
#451 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

You don't have the new Black Knight yet??? Slackers.

=) it's coming! We are Vegas trying to convince Bally to get back in the pinball manufacturing game. Haha

20190325_200311 (resized).jpg20190325_200311 (resized).jpg
#452 5 years ago

Chris, where did you take that overhead picture from? Drone, selfie stick, or a really tall ladder are my guesses.

#453 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Chris, where did you take that overhead picture from? Drone, selfie stick, or a really tall ladder are my guesses.

I didn't take it. Haha. I'm in Vegas. A friend did. I think he was on top of the keg cooler =) this is not advised. Lol

#454 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Yeah, there was a very high ladder involved. I watched as the situation occured. He got some solid overhead photos!

#455 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Yeah, there was a very high ladder involved. I watched as the situation occured. He got some solid overhead photos!

Haha. He's nuts

#456 5 years ago

Our next Free Play Event will be Monday, April 8th! We will have some line up change before then so stay tuned.

1 week later
#457 5 years ago

WOW, I haven't been on the thread in awhile and see I missed some things! Aliens and the Big Lebowski, you got to be kidding me, are they in?

#458 5 years ago
Quoted from yatch11:

WOW, I haven't been on the thread in awhile and see I missed some things! Aliens and the Big Lebowski, you got to be kidding me, are they in?

Still some testing to be done but they are functional in my shop.

Hopefully BK will hold you over along with the additions of Star Trek, Batman 66, Spider-Man Vault Edition, Mata Hari and Congo!

#459 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Still some testing to be done but they are functional in my shop.
Hopefully BK will hold you over along with the additions of Star Trek, Batman 66, Spider-Man Vault Edition, Mata Hari and Congo!

Are all of those in there now?

#460 5 years ago

I've been waiting to get some time in on a Batman 66 in the Helicon environment. You are a great operator and thanks for keeping the great games coming.

#461 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Are all of those in there now?

Mata Hari, Batman 66 Premium, Star Trek Pro, and Spiderman Vault are here now. Black Knight arrived less than two minutes ago and is still in the box. I'll get it set up soon. Congo is also supposed to arrive today. I heard that Oktoberfest and Alice Cooper are both arriving next week.

Sadly, Houdini, Flintstones, Elvira, Champion Pub, Twilight Zone, and White Water are gone. It was painful to see them go, but the new arrivals are beyond amazing and the refresh on the collection is welcome. Thanks so much to cjmjmm2006 much appreciation.

PLEASE NOTE: Due to an event at the brewery tomorrow, Saturday 4/13, all pins will be turned off and not playable until Sunday morning.

#462 5 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

Mata Hari, Batman 66 Premium, Star Trek Pro, and Spiderman Vault are here now. Black Knight arrived less than two minutes ago and is still in the box. I'll get it set up soon. Congo is also supposed to arrive today. I heard that Oktoberfest and Alice Cooper are both arriving next week.
Sadly, Houdini, Flintstones, Elvira, Champion Pub, Twilight Zone, and White Water are gone. It was painful to see them go, but the new arrivals are beyond amazing and the refresh on the collection is welcome. Thanks so much to cjmjmm2006 much appreciation.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to an event at the brewery tomorrow, Saturday 4/13, all pins will be turned off and not playable until Sunday morning.

No problem. The customers at Helicon are the absolute best. They deserve the great collection of games to go along with the great beer!

#463 5 years ago

How's the beer? I wouldn't turn down a sampler care package if anyone wouldn't mind the trouble of sending some my way for $$

#464 5 years ago

Can't wait to try Black Knight swords of rage.

#465 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

How's the beer? I wouldn't turn down a sampler care package if anyone wouldn't mind the trouble of sending some my way for $$

From Baltimore it's a 4.5 hour drive per Mapquest so more like 4 hours. Well worth it to leave early Saturday morning go to Helicon for the day and spend a night in or around the city. Get up Sunday have some breakfast hit 1 or 2 other places (i.e. Kick Back Cafe, Pinball Perfection etc.) and be home for a late Sunday evening dinner!

If you're a patient person, wait till August when Replay FX is (1st - 4th) and get you full pinball fix in!!!

Sincerely,

Julie the Cruise Director

#466 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Without any bias, they have my absolute favorite beer, raspberry wheat. The stouts are both good. I am not an IPA drinker so I have no opinion on those but there is no doubt the local beer community loves them. The product is consistent. I haven't had a beer that I totally disliked yet and chrisb is very passionate about a great experience at Helicon. If you decide to make the trek, message me and I will cover your beers you don't like. Even better I'll cover your first 4 as long as you promise to Uber to your hotel.

#467 5 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Can't wait to try Black Knight swords of rage.

I'll be playing the premium soon. Haha. LE will be incoming shortly after. Looking forward to seeing you there. Is this dad or Alek? I have to know. Either way, thank you both for all the support.

#468 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

From Baltimore it's a 4.5 hour drive per Mapquest so more like 4 hours. Well worth it to leave early Saturday morning go to Helicon for the day and spend a night in or around the city. Get up Sunday have some breakfast hit 1 or 2 other places (i.e. Kick Back Cafe, Pinball Perfection etc.) and be home for a late Sunday evening dinner!
If you're a patient person, wait till August when Replay FX is (1st - 4th) and get you full pinball fix in!!!
Sincerely,
Julie the Cruise Director

This is certainly a great recommendation. Pittsburgh has a vast pinball scene on route. There are many options that are worth your time. Helicon is in my opinion and many others the best assembled collection in which the public can walk up to and drop coins. However there are many other awesome places and depending on what you are into, they may also scratch another itch. Kickback has a variety of pins and has, I'm told, great milkshakes! My buddy Jim is a reliable source there. If he says the shakes are good, I take it to the bank. Apis has a great selection of pinball that was just updated. They are the hands down best place to grab a Mead in the city. They are also about 10 minutes max from Helicon. Victory point has some pins too, they also have a full arcade with both retro and some newer driving and shooting games. They have a full kitchen and board games too but no alcohol. Finally there are a few gaming museums. Pinball pa and pinball perfection. Both are cool in their own way, it's just a matter of preference.

That was a mouthful. Sorry for the lengthy post. I know there are a few places I'm missing but those are the highlights.

#469 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I'll be playing the premium soon. Haha. LE will be incoming shortly after. Looking forward to seeing you there. Is this dad or Alek? I have to know. Either way, thank you both for all the support.

It's me Alek see you next time at Helicon.

#470 5 years ago

It's me Alek see you next time at Helicon.

Ok the mystery is over. See you soon!

#471 5 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

Thanks for the heads up, I was planning on coming over tomorrow or Sunday. That makes the decision easier.

#472 5 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Thanks for the heads up, I was planning on coming over tomorrow or Sunday. That makes the decision easier.

Wow I would have been really sad if you came Saturday and were unable to play.

Hope all is well.

#473 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Without any bias, they have my absolute favorite beer, raspberry wheat. The stouts are both good. I am not an IPA drinker so I have no opinion on those but there is no doubt the local beer community loves them. The product is consistent. I haven't had a beer that I totally disliked yet and chrisb is very passionate about a great experience at Helicon. If you decide to make the trek, message me and I will cover your beers you don't like. Even better I'll cover your first 4 as long as you promise to Uber to your hotel.

second the raspberry wheat - amazing beer.

#474 5 years ago

Great games and awesome food trucks at Helicon Brewing. The Black Knight brutalized me, took my money and laughed at me. I had a delicious Lobster roll and played some of the other 39 games to help my bruised ego. Thanks Chris ‘ssss

71B9D4C2-0226-43B9-AFB3-91CB9624D44B (resized).jpeg71B9D4C2-0226-43B9-AFB3-91CB9624D44B (resized).jpeg8DE00ADD-323E-489B-B218-4B52346D8E98 (resized).jpeg8DE00ADD-323E-489B-B218-4B52346D8E98 (resized).jpeg
#475 5 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Great games and awesome food trucks at Helicon Brewing. The Black Knight brutalized me, took my money and laughed at me. I had a delicious Lobster roll and played some of the other 39 games to help my bruised ego. Thanks Chris ‘ssss[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for stopping in Bill! We appreciate you! Octoberfest and Alice Cooper should be in the house this week. I was told that Alice is shipping from Spooky Monday. I'm excited to see how people feel about both games. I'm also told that Wonka is not far behind. Stay tuned!

#476 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Thanks for stopping in Bill! We appreciate you! Octoberfest and Alice Cooper should be in the house this week. I was told that Alice is shipping from Spooky Monday. I'm excited to see how people feel about both games. I'm also told that Wonka is not far behind. Stay tuned!

Wow I'm super excited to play both those games. Please update thread when you get them

Wonka not far behind? Whaaaa? I thought it's shipping two months from now and standard first....

#477 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Wow I'm super excited to play both those games. Pleasure update thread when you get them
Wonka not far behind? Whaaaa? I thought it's shipping two months from now and standard first....

I will certainly let everyone know.

Wonka should be in site very soon.

Thanks for the support Delt!!

#478 5 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

Wow, some great games. Hopefully I can get there soon, my schedule has been pretty crazy as of late. Definitely want to see if the hype around Black Knight is real!

#479 5 years ago

Really enjoyed playing Black Knight fun game.

20190414_153033 (resized).jpg20190414_153033 (resized).jpg
#480 5 years ago
Quoted from yatch11:

Wow, some great games. Hopefully I can get there soon, my schedule has been pretty crazy as of late. Definitely want to see if the hype around Black Knight is real!

The game is pretty cool. I'm a fan of the layout which is certainly much different than most pinball we have seen released in the last 10 years. Stern took a chance on this one and I think it's paying off.

#481 5 years ago

[quoted image]

Man you absolutely crushed this machine. Amazing scores Alek!!

#482 5 years ago

just curious - what day do you expect alice and october? I might take some time off from work ; )

#483 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

just curious - what day do you expect alice and october? I might take some time off from work ; )

I was told Alice is shipping today. I just got off work so I will have a definite answer for you tomorrow morning.

#484 5 years ago

[quoted image]

I think your 480M GC score is going to stand a while. Lots of solid players (read: DJ) were in on Sunday and seem to be held at the 200M-280M mark. No idea how you do it man well done! Cheers!

#485 5 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

I think your 480M GC score is going to stand a while. Lots of solid players (read: DJ) were in on Sunday and seem to be held at the 200M-280M mark. No idea how you do it man well done! Cheers!

He's a talent not yet able to be described. The Pittsburgh Pinball scene bows to the almighty AK!!

#486 5 years ago

Round 2 of games shipping out to Helicon Brewing. Tomorrow will feature 2 games from the largest pinball manufacturer in Benton Wisconsin. Coming courtesy of Chris at Kingpin Games, Helicon/Starport welcomes...... Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle!

Delivery is scheduled mid-day so look for the games to be all set around dinner time.

#487 5 years ago

Alice is getting love as soon as he is stood up! I'll let everyone know how it's playing and what people think! Thanks for everyone supporting Helicon!

123951(33) (resized).jpg123951(33) (resized).jpg123951(34) (resized).jpg123951(34) (resized).jpg
#488 5 years ago

Oh hell yes. I might drop by tonight. Cheers

Can't wait until Octoberfest hits too

#489 5 years ago

I'm glad I don't live near there. My liver and wallet would be broken.

#490 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Oh hell yes. I might drop by tonight. Cheers
Can't wait until Octoberfest hits too

Soon. I should know by Friday.

#491 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I'm glad I don't live near there. My liver and wallet would be broken.

Livers aren't that important...

#492 5 years ago

Will Helicon be open Good Friday...and if so what are the hours?

#493 5 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

I believe Helicon is open 11am -10pm. Chrisb?

#494 5 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Helicon is open normal hours on Good Friday 11am-10pm. We will also be open Easter Sunday 10am-5pm. (Please note: I do not require staff to work on holidays I leave it up to them. They almost always choose to be open.)

#495 5 years ago

My daughters kicking it at Helicon late night. Literally kicking. What a great crowd tonight!! Thanks for coming out!

20190419_203813 (resized).jpg20190419_203813 (resized).jpg
#496 5 years ago

Did Oktoberfest make it to Helicon, yet? If not, any idea when it will? Same questions for Wonka.

Thanks!

#497 5 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

Did Oktoberfest make it to Helicon, yet? If not, any idea when it will? Same questions for Wonka.
Thanks!

At this moment Oktoberfest is not there. Wonka we do not have an ETA for. American Pinball has said the game will be in our possession soon so I suspect this week.

#498 5 years ago

Do you have your next free play event scheduled?

#499 5 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Do you have your next free play event scheduled?

Great question. I think it will be in the next 2 weeks, I will see Chrisb tonight so let me iron out the details with him and I'll get back to you.

Thanks for all the support! Happy Easter!

#500 5 years ago

Man I was just visiting family right in Robinson -- I wanted to stop by but couldn't make the time. I'm in town a few times a year, I look forward to seeing your collection!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,282 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 25.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 64.99
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/helicon-brewing-just-outside-pittsburgh-pa/page/10?hl=mthirkell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.