image.jpg
Helen.jpg
image-919.jpg
IMG_1092.JPG
bride2.jpg
image-9.jpg
image-772.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rickwh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#74 8 years ago

Without getting too deep into the "why" for stopping the other thread, aurich, are you able to use Helen's image/face/etc on a potential overlay/decal for the lower playfield? I would hope so, since that is your own design. I dont have an acdc, but your work is outstanding!

#79 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's not really a secret that Stern asked me to stop, I just didn't see the need to stir up drama when I asked to have my thread closed. I'm not mad at them or anything, so it goes. There's no bad blood between me and Stern.
It's purely about the ACDC branding. Technically I wasn't using their logo, and you can't copyright a typeface (well, you can copyright the software font, but not the actual face itself), but let's be honest, it was a dodge, and I wasn't going to fight it.
I'll probably retire Helen, at least the design I used before. It was a piece of stock art that I customized, I never really planned to let that project go as far as it did. The decal was never meant for the lower playfield, and while I think it's really cool that someone did it, I'll probably ponder something different that works with the inserts and layout etc.
Anyways, I'm just messing around right now. I really don't need another project, but the idea intrigues me, so I'll play with it as I can. Here's a shot at test fitting a first paper template:
image.jpg

Thanks for the explanation. I was assuming that you would work hellen into the design. Maybe a couple full body miniatures on the inserts or something. Just to keep the hellen theme going. Cause hellen is completely separate from acdc etc.

Whatever you decide im sure it will be great and fit in with the acdc pins fire hell theme/colors etc whether the pin has other Helen mods or not.

Good luck!

#87 8 years ago
Quoted from jrobinso99:

Aurich has not yet let us down when left to his own creative designs. I suggest we let him come up with whatever he thinks would look awesome for this lower playfield and not worry about trying to squeeze in a Helen where she may not belong.
Whatever it is you design Aurich, please put be down for one.
-Jay

Agreed

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

16,500 (Firm)
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rickwh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/helen-in-hell-on-acdc?tu=rickwh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.