New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 89486)

Helen in hell on AC/DC

By Arcade

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 91 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Aurich
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
image.jpg
Helen.jpg
image-919.jpg
IMG_1092.JPG
bride2.jpg
image-9.jpg
image-772.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingnine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago

A little time consuming but we had fun doing this! Hardest part was deciding which Helen to use. We went with more boob lol.

#14 6 years ago

It is sort of "Helmetesque" but not as bad as it might seem in the pic. That is top down to get rid of the glare from lights. Really you look at her from the front angle. I do make my own plastics and might change that one day but not in too big of a hurry to do it yet. Probably will by next week though lol.

btw: Thanks Aurich for getting those to us so quickly!!

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Who is selling this decal?

Aurich - he has custom translights, apron decals....

Edit: here is the link: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-new-original-translite-meet-helen

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from 2FlippedOut41Mo:

How long after I left did it take y'all to "Git 'r dun?"

About an hour maybe less. Putting back together was probably quicker than the take down believe it or not. I guess it is because we laid everything out where it came from so it was easy to reassemble.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from 2FlippedOut41Mo:

Well done, sir. That, and all the other mods y'all have done to that pin have made it a complete masterpiece! Only thing you need now is a shaker motor.

Ouch! Your mean lol. It'll be back online by next week.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from Rednome:

That looks awesome,definitely not too much boob.

Sorry you didn't get to see it when you were here last weekend. Looks fantastic!

#34 6 years ago

I can make plastics as I mentioned earlier. I guess I'll have to work on one now. I was so set to say we were through though. hrmph!

Edit: Just texted Arcade to get a picture from the correct angle for you guys to see. should be up soon.

#37 6 years ago

Sorry. I'll see if he can take some shots of it. They don't shine bright obviously as they have to glow through the decal. It's subtle but you can see them. In attract mode they seem to glow brighter than in game mode during a "hell" song. The harder ones to see would be the arrows on the outside loop. They are also the only ones I would consider cutting the decal out for. I much rather prefer to look at Helen with out the lights cut out.

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from SuS:

Now, if only somehow those flippers could produce a little jiggle. . .

Tee Hee Hee

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Would kind of defeat the purpose of the mini pf. Maybe would have been better to cut out the decal around the inserts.

Agreed on the bulbs. You need to know what shots to make in those Hell modes. Cutting them out would be personal preference. We obviously opted to for the cleaner look as when you are playing only a small fraction of the game takes place down there. Just couldn't bring ourselves to chop poor Helen up.

Edit: Strangley those aren't bulbs but LED boards.

#51 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I should probably just cave already and pick up an AC/DC Prem myself, that would certainly provide some motivation.

C'mon Aurich. It's what all the cool kids are doing!

Seriously, one of the greatest games IMHO.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 35.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingnine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside