New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 89486)

Helen in hell on AC/DC

By Arcade

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 91 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Aurich
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
image.jpg
Helen.jpg
image-919.jpg
IMG_1092.JPG
bride2.jpg
image-9.jpg
image-772.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

We just got our Helen stickers in yesterday. We decided the smaller version of Helen that shows her off better would go on our Premiums lower playfield. We removed the playfield and stripped it Down.
Next we put the sticker on top and pressed down on the two flipper bushings and four light sockets that stick up a bit. After cutting the holes with a blade, we used them as a perfect guide to place the sticker.
We think it looks awesome.
Yes, the insert lights are in her cheeks and cleavage, but the end product far out weighs that part.
Sorry, did not take a photo last night with inserts lit.

image.jpg
image-772.jpg
image-9.jpg

#35 6 years ago

Here is a photo from more of a players perspective.
Sorry it is a bit dark.

IMG_1092.JPG
#38 6 years ago

I all get a photo up soon with the inserts.
The good part is you can see them when lit. The bad part is they do not match up to anything on the photo.
But since hell is only lit for 30 seconds during a few songs, you will spend the majority of the games getting to look at Helen instead of just flames.

#41 6 years ago

Here is a shot with the inserts lit. I took about 20 shots and none came out good. Stupid cell phones.
Anyway here is the best I can get right now.

image-919.jpg
9 months later
#54 5 years ago
Quoted from StormyX73:

Helen in Hell looks great!
I really ought to do this myself. I have the stickers, plus I've cracked a plastic, so need to take out the lower playfield anyway at some point to fix it.

Give it a shot. Ours has had a ton of plays and still looks perfect.
Stern did a good job with the Luci lower playfields, but I still think this looks even better.

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I am thinking about sending Helen to hell as well. I have waxed the low playfield. Should I remove the wax and with what should I do it prior to installing the decal? Can/should I wax on top of the decal once in place?

Just clean off the top with some Novus 2. The decal can be put on and off many times and still hold in place. We did not wax the decal after application. Hundreds of plays later it is holding up great.

4 months later
#58 5 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Greetings from Finland

Helen.jpg

Awesome. Nice to see others running with the idea.
Looks awesome.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So the Helen project is closed now. I have a couple translites left, and some apron decals, and that's it. No more big face decals to experiment with, sorry.
But ... I have picked up an ACDC Premium recently. So I may mess with an actual dedicated facelift idea for the lower playfield at some point.

Good to hear Aurich.
These are working great for now. Ours has tons of plays and is still holding up strong.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from Dante:

So on the difficulty scale - how hard is it/pain in the ass to remove the lower pf, strip down and to align/apply helen? Any advice on how to do it quickly and easily? Thanks!

If you have never done anything like this then it can be a bit daunting.
My brother and I did this project together and were able to complete the entire thing in about 1 hour.
Check the first post in this thread as I did give some tips to get everything lined up just right.
The mini playfield is just held in place by three screws and a few wire plugs.
The whole mini playfield can be removed in a few minutes.
The time consuming part is taking everything off the mini playfield including the flipper bats so you can install the decal.
Not an easy project, but I think it is worth the hassle.

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

About using protection with Helen: I was looking into getting a mini-playfield protector and putting in on top of Helen, but could not find one, apparently the playfield protector is only for the actual big playfield. If I would have had a sheet of mylar, I might have applied it just in case. I waxed Helen though.

Thank you.
The first sentence and last sentence are priceless.

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I love that Helen in hell so much I think I am going to pick up a premium just to add that.

I get compliments from everyone who comes over to play my games.
Helen is a real attention getter down there.
Even so, can't wait to see what Aurich comes up with that will allow for the inserts to show through a bit better.

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm not really sure putting her in Hell is really something that fits

What?
She is a devil girl in hell.
What could be more fitting?
It would take something really special to make me pull her out.
But anything is better then just the flames there now.

#90 5 years ago

Great ideas.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside