IMG_8139 (resized).jpg
8ECE6551-B1FC-438A-B117-EFDD11722245_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
7F0C41B6-5198-4EB7-A673-DCA264582295_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
57C8A65A-1DA0-4D8A-8D66-D87153D184CC_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
22F47281-AEB4-49E9-9668-5E45E3087EF7_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #71 Gerry's first comments Posted by gstellenberg (4 years ago)

Post #92 Lost of pictures and one video Posted by solarvalue (4 years ago)

Post #143 News about current production Posted by gstellenberg (4 years ago)

Post #236 Stream announcement Posted by gstellenberg (4 years ago)

Post #247 Podcast on game. Posted by bingopodcast (4 years ago)

Post #263 Twitch link Posted by frolic (4 years ago)

Post #374 Software update Posted by gstellenberg (3 years ago)

Post #733 Adjusting difficulty Posted by gstellenberg (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shaker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#334 4 years ago

All;

I received my Heist playfield a couple days ago. It arrived without any damage and with everything working perfectly. Gerry said that my playfield was the first to be shipped with a revised foam padding. The shipper did manage to poke a small hole in the box.

Here are my impressions after playing it for about 10 hours:

Playfield:

The 2 ramps and 3 orbits (1 for the upper flipper) are all very smooth, making for great flowing gameplay and lots of combo shots.

Every shot can stop or divert the ball, but the ball is only interrupted when a mode is started. It's nice that most of these mechanics are hidden inside the buildings.

The left ramp is easy, it can be backhanded and weak shots generally go to a flipper. The right ramp is more challenging, with weak shots often going between the flippers.

In addition to it's orbit, the upper flipper can hit an large number of shots, even the left ramp. Hitting the orbit once is pretty doable, but looping it with the ball at speed is quite a challenge.

The crane is great way to bring the action down the playfield. When in "bash" mode it registers even soft hits. It's fun to hit a ball off of it to start crane multi-ball. Because of the crane, Heist is *not* an "empty lower playfield game".

Rules:

*Lots* to do. An amateur will easily get some things going, just by keeping the ball in play. An expert can work their way towards mini-wizard and wizard modes.

A lot of the modes and multiballs stack. If you get a few things going at once (on purpose or not), it's quite a challenge.

Art:

I really like the 2D Motion Comic artwork. It' much cooler and more pleasing to the eye than 3D models.

Music and Sound Effects (when not in a mode):

The music is perfect background for heist (or spy) movie. The sound effects (ex: "coins") complement the music, not overwhelm it.

Music and Sound Effects (when in a mode):

Your now in an action scene, and the music and sound effects are cranked up appropriately.

Call Outs:

Top notch voice work. Lighthearted but (with the exception of Mr. Bigalow) not silly.

#336 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What did you not like as much about the game?

The only nit-pick that I could think of is that because I am 6'4", I can not see the spinner. It's too far inside a the right inner orbit's "building". I know it's there and can hit the shot, I would just like to see it. (It's used in both the Safecracker and Hacker modes.)

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I see you have other P3 games, how does this compare?

While the lower playfield is technically the same, the playfields and rules make each game so unique that it is like owning 3 separate games.

Heist is definitely Multimorphic's best game yet.

Lexy is way underrated. The more me and my friends play it, the more we like it. Lexy gets played at every pinball night. That's not true of all my games.

The original rule set for the CCR playfield didn't really click with me. CCR 2.0 is now in beta. While it uses the same playfield and characters, it is a completely new game with more traditional rules. I like what I see so far, but it is still a bit simple compared to the other titles. I'm hope that Multimorphic continues to flesh it out into a full-scale game.

- Mark

#341 4 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I watched the stream of CCR 2.0 and it looks like a fun game now...

Agreed. It's much more fun. However, It's still rather simple when compared to Lexy or Heist.

I hope that Gerry and company continue to put more development time into the game. (Hint! Hint!)

To celebrate CCR 2.0: I made a rather simple mod:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cosmic-cart-racing-20-for-the-p3#post-5593310

- Mark

#343 4 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Out of curiosity, what would you have them add to CCR?

I stuck my answer under the CCR 2.0 Topic:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cosmic-cart-racing-20-for-the-p3#post-5594197

- Mark

#346 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

....what do you think about the upper flipper being activated using a separate button? I get the rationale, but I'm wondering if / how long it will take me to get used to that mechanic.

For me, it's not quite second nature yet. I automatically reach for it during the skill shot and the side-jobs that use it. However, I have to think about it during normal gameplay.

However, that's exactly how I want it. I want the separate button just to make things a bit more challenging, and different from my other games with a third flipper.

I would not mind it if the lane rotation was moved to the yellow buttons...

- Mark

#357 4 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

The display makes such a difference and has been so popular that, barring other promotions, we won't be offering the P3 without it anymore.

Aw man! Now I'm going to be that guy with the low-rent janky P3, because I'm too cheap for that particular upgrade.

- Mark

#359 4 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

How can you buy a high tech machine an NOT have the back box animated?

Quoted from Zitt:

I choose the monitor upgrade over CCR1.0 because I like the idea of the machine having even more screens.

Quoted from Zitt:

Whenever Gerry invents OLED side art for a reasonable price I'm totally down with it.

I want a back box display. Finance wise, I have to make some choices. So, I going to focus on playfield modules.

As long as I can afford to, I'll probably buy every traditional playfield module released for the P3, along with it's apron magnet and translight.

I save a little cash by using the "generic" P3 side art.

I have each translight mounted on it's own glass for easy swapping.

It's great that the P3 allows us to make these choices.

Quoted from Zitt:

I think I'll buy Heist first; then CCR.

You have made the correct decision!

- Mark

#365 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Translites w/ separate glass plus the apron magnet x 4 playfields is half the cost of the backbox monitor right there. Just sayin'...

Apron doesn't count, as I'd get that either way.

With translights at $50 and glass at $25 (purchased few at a time), break-even is 12 translights.

At the moment I have translights for Lexy and CCR. Heist is paid for and will be on the way after the printer finishes with the pandemic related stuff.

I'll look forward to the day that I'm the wrong end of this, $$$ wise.

- Mark

#366 4 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Show us your setup!

Assuming you mean my P3 set-up, not my whole basement...

Of course the P3 is at the end of row, for easy playfield swaps.

My basement has 3 closets next to the P3, where I'm stashing the playfield modules and translights.
Each time I get a new playfield module, I have to choose what stuff has to go to make room. :-s

I just installed artwork protectors. They reflect, making it difficult to get a good pic of the side art.

- Mark

20200419_150947 (resized).jpg20200419_150947 (resized).jpg20200419_151055 (resized).jpg20200419_151055 (resized).jpg20200419_151318 (resized).jpg20200419_151318 (resized).jpg
#368 4 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Cool, that generic artwork actually looks sharp, better than I thought after seeing pics on their website. The cabinet protectors look nice too, why did you get them? Purely for aesthetic reasons?

I have one of the early P3s that used magnetic paint. The attraction between the paint and the magnetic side art was not strong enough, so the side art would curl at the edges. I got the side art protectors to solve that issue.

Newer P3s should not have this issue as they have metal panels, rather than the magnetic paint.

- Mark

P.S.

I just took a close look at the generic P3 artwork shown on the Multimorphic website, and the "same" artwork on my P3.

The artwork I received is way better than shown online. It has a very stealth look with a dark red logo on a dark blue background in a mat finish.
Maybe it's do to printing variations, but the Multimorphic "m" in the background is not visible on my P3's side art.

When I installed the side art protectors: I lost the mat finish, but gained an armored look.

#371 3 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

I am so jealous of those cabinets, Shaker! What an awesome and convenient way to store your play fields near the machine!

And those 3 cabinets are right next to to "The Fridge of Beer"!

My basement has a total of 11 of those cabinets, which I have almost filled with my various hobby crap.

I can't take any credit though, the cabinets were there when I bought the house.

- Mark

#373 3 years ago

So... 9 more new playfields before you'll break a sweat? Got it.
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

Actually, each cabinet can hold 2 playfields as is. 3 with a little fiddling.

Better get back to work!!!

- Mark

1 month later
#406 3 years ago

Fellow Heist Owners;

At the moment, Heist does not have enough reviews on ipdb.org to appear in it's rankings.

If you have owned the game for a month or more: Please submit your honest review to ipdb.org.

- Mark

#408 3 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

No reviews on Pinside either

I've copied my review to Pinside.

Unfortunately it will not count towards rankings, as I haven't reviewed at least 6 machines.

Pinside also requires that a machine receive at least 25 reviews for it to be included in the rankings.

I understand their reasoning, but that's a pretty high bar...

- Mark

4 weeks later
#479 3 years ago

Don't forget to add your review to ipdb.org!

- Mark

#490 3 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Here’s a mod I recommend: anti rattle tape for the glass.
The P3 has some serious punch in the sound department which can cause the glass to shake and make noise, disrupting the sound design of the games. I installed some anti-rattle tape this morning and it made a huge difference in sound quality, and I was able to kick the bass back up to factory defaults without any rattle at all.
I got my tape from Pinball Pro: https://pinballpro.net/shop/anti-rattle-tape-ar-1/

Kevin;

Thank you! I've ordered a roll.

Gerry;

Based on a sample size of 2 ( my relativly early P3 to Kevin's new P3): Perhaps this tape or something similar should be made standard equipment?

- Mark

#493 3 years ago

We've had maybe a handful of people report glass rattling due to the really strong bass response in the P3. Sometimes they think the bass is just too strong and turn it down (there's a setting for that in all of our games), and other times they want to keep it as thumping as possible and add tape, like the tape Kevin used. If we hear rattling during final testing, we usually look to see if the glass channels are installed properly and that plastic is shaped correctly. Sometimes vibrations depend on machine setup too (incline angle, flooring type, etc). Lots of variables.
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

Gerry;

Like I said: I only had a sample size of 2.

My P3 definitely has the rattles. If you recall, the back glass channel of the early machines was too wide.

I don't know if it's related, but my pins are on carpet, and I keep the leg bolts rather tight. So they are rather solidly planted.

I have my Heist Volume at 8, and bass gain at .75. (It does not rattle with these settings.)

- Mark

2 weeks later
#510 3 years ago

I’ll be streaming it on Monday at 8 Eastern: http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

Kevin;

If you haven't already: Could/would you stream an under-the-hood look at the P3?

The build quality. (metal back box parts, plywood bottom, general over engineering)
The track system for playfield maintenance.
Removing the flipper module for maintenance.
The built-in GI and VUKs.

That might help people understand that the initial cost is a great long term investment (in fun).

- Mark

#514 3 years ago

As for the other stuff, Multimorphic has a good playlist of videos showing all that off:

Understood, but those videos are how-to's for owners, not promotional.

- Mark

#518 3 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

Every time I see that playfield it makes me smile. Even without the crane we packed so much into this game. Look at that world under glass! The engineering cleverness that is hidden inside those buildings to enable all the pinball trickery we do is my favorite part! Even without the crane this playfield is an absolute joy to shoot! It doesn't hurt that we also included the most versatile interactive toy ever in a pinball machine as well, creating an unprecedented variety of moving short shots and ball knock-off opportunities! This team is the best!

Agreed!

Now do it again. :-p

- Mark

#525 3 years ago

Gerry;

Thank you and the Heist team for seriously considering my feedback on Heist, no matter how minor or nitpicky.

For example:

I found the original gold border indicating that a character had been recruited a bit to subtle and hard to see: The border is now larger and has rays.

I found the heartbeat sound for an unlit shot annoying: It has been replaced with a whosh. (Let's call it a wiff, as in "a swing and a miss". )

Giving serious consideration to even minor "issues" such as these, shows true dedication to your customers, and to makeing your games a great as they can possibly be.

- Mark

2 weeks later
#557 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

You guys area making my point for me. As I stated; I don't want Multimorphic spending resources on such a game... but beleive "experts" or "interested" third parties should.

Here is something Multimorphic could do with a very small investment: Offer an option in existing games for one handed play. So people with use of only one hand could access every P3 game.

- Mark

#568 3 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

It’s already implemented. Gerry ( gstellenberg ) announced it a month ago: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/accessibility-feature-on-the-p3-one-handed-play

I should have known that Gerry would beat me to that idea!

- Mark

1 week later
#583 3 years ago

In one of Gerry's Heist streams, I noticed that he could backhand the right ramp, something that I could not do with the default flipper strength setting.

I cranked my Heist lower flippers to 28.

This allowed me to make those backhands from a cradled ball.

- Mark

#585 3 years ago

What do you guys think of the default high scores?

Are they motivation or just cruelty?

I play 5 ball and I didn't get on the high score table until my 649th game with a score of about 17,500,000.

- Mark

#587 3 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

I have my flippers on default and make that shot all the time - I find it to be one of the safer shots on the playfield, so start hacker and crane multiball very frequently.

No 2 machines are exactly the same. For anyone who can't backhand both ramps, I recommend upping the flipper strength until you can.

- Mark

1 week later
#614 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

Has anyone been able to complete the Demolition mode? I can get to the second “stage” but I get almost no action out of my pops, maybe 1 hit per made loop shot, so I always run out of time. I even lowered the threshold to like 5 pop hits I think and still have not really come close to beating it. Curious if other folks get better action on their pops.

You definitely need to adjust the switch on your pop-bumper. I can usually complete that mode by sending the ball to the pop bumper 1 or 2 times.

(Pay no attention to the fact that the stand-up targets are not wired, and thus everything we know is a lie.)

- Mark

1 month later
#624 3 years ago
Quoted from Ch4p3l:

Heist just arrived with my new multimorphic machine. Can’t wait to fire it up and eventually check out some of the other modules.

Welcome to the club!

- Mark

1 year later
#845 2 years ago

Heist Classic???

As everybody knows, the 1.0 release of Heist came with a lot of rule changes, designed to make the game easier.

Only two shots to recruit a member, easier jail breaks...

Thing is: I was just use to the original rules.

Is there a set of config changes I can make to get close to the original rule set, without going to an old version of the software?

- Mark

#847 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Idk what the original rules were, but when I was in the settings everything is changeable, how many shots etc

Thank you for your note. I knew that there were a bunch of settings available, but I did a bad job of asking my question. I guess what I really meant was:

Does anybody have a snapshot or list of the pre 1.0 settings?

- Mark

#849 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Sjsilver should put top men on this... you know before the flood gates on Monday.
Actually; strike that... why can't you do this yourself?
You can install the earlier version; infact, if you like it so much - just stay on that version indefinitely.
If you really want the new code with old settings; can't you grab those snap shots and do it yours?
Not trying to be combative; just generally asking why you can't do it yourself?

Good point!

However, I don't have a copy of the old software, and I just checked the Multimorphic Web Site, and they don't have older software versions available for download.

I don't want to stay on the old version of the software, as there are lots of additions and improvements that I do want to keep. I know that one change I want to make is to raise the shots require to recruit a character by 1. I don't know what other values I'd like to change, as I don't know what the old values were.

Anybody got a Heist V0.8.1 laying around that they could upload to a dropbox or google drive?

- Mark

#852 2 years ago
Quoted from goldpins:

Shaker, I’m of one of the software developers for Heist. I can get you the original settings tomorrow. Gotta get ready for date night.

Awesome! Thank you.

BTW: Your priorities are correct.

- Mark

#853 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I don't think it works that way. Most games are tied to your P3.
I forget how it works... but at least for the secondary games (IE not the original title for the game); you have to "build" the software on their server before it can be installed/activated on your game.
IE I think my CCR might not be tied to my game; but Sorcerer's Apprentice is.
That said; it sounds like goldpins is gonna take care of you.
Push comes to shove; file a ticket with Mulitmorphic.

Only the added content is tied to specific P3s.

Each Playfield's primary game can be installed on any P3. It's just not going to do you any good unless you have the playfield module.

So if you pick-up WAM right away. But you have a buddy who has a P3, but wants to try WAM before buying it: You can take your module over to your buddies house and plug it into his P3, install the software and let him play.

- Mark

#855 2 years ago
Quoted from goldpins:

Shaker We thought some Heist owners would want to get back to the original release settings, so we made it easy (no pun intended). Go into to the settings menu and navigate to the Gameplay/General menu. Scroll down to the last setting, "Game Play Difficulty". Should be set to "Easy". Change the value to "Hard" and that will return the settings to the original release values (including shots to qualify characters, shot to breakout characters from jail, and bash shots to start jailbreak MB). That should do it. In that same menu you'll see the settings used to adjust the game's relative difficulty. Enjoy!!!! (or should I say, "Good Luck")

Thank you!

- Mark

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Meriden, CT
$ 20.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shaker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heist-revealed-by-multimorphic?tu=shaker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.