IMG_8139 (resized).jpg
8ECE6551-B1FC-438A-B117-EFDD11722245_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
7F0C41B6-5198-4EB7-A673-DCA264582295_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
57C8A65A-1DA0-4D8A-8D66-D87153D184CC_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
22F47281-AEB4-49E9-9668-5E45E3087EF7_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #71 Gerry's first comments Posted by gstellenberg (4 years ago)

Post #92 Lost of pictures and one video Posted by solarvalue (4 years ago)

Post #143 News about current production Posted by gstellenberg (4 years ago)

Post #236 Stream announcement Posted by gstellenberg (4 years ago)

Post #247 Podcast on game. Posted by bingopodcast (4 years ago)

Post #263 Twitch link Posted by frolic (4 years ago)

Post #374 Software update Posted by gstellenberg (3 years ago)

Post #733 Adjusting difficulty Posted by gstellenberg (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jhoward1082.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#443 3 years ago

gstellenberg Hi Gerry, I'm not sure if you've ever addressed this publicly but are you willing to give any insight as to what your future goals are as to the cadence of future game releases? I believe CCR was released around mid-2018 and then Heist was around mid-2020. Are you hoping to get to 1+ first party game releases a year eventually or do you think 1 game every 2 years roughly is your max output at this point? Thanks for any insight and I can't wait to get my Heist in 6 weeks!

#445 3 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Thanks again for your order. We'll be excited to see you enjoying the game/machine!
We believe that a full-time game development team can go from concept to production on a full-featured P3 game kit in 9-12 months. When our budgets grow enough to justify fully independent and full-time resources for manufacturing and new game development, we should be hitting those timeframes. Until then, pretty much everybody on our team wears multiple hats and splits their time across projects and company needs... so each project takes longer to complete.
IMO, Heist + CCR (Career mode + head2head internet gameplay) + LL-EE + CL/HU/GSR/HIU/ROCs/BY + easier serviceability + platform wide profile support + USB/BT headset support makes owning a P3 a no-brainer, but there's still a large community of people that haven't played one in person yet. So we still have a bit of work to do before the snowball starts rolling downhill.
We're always happy to chat business with anybody who can help us achieve our long-term goals faster.
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

Sounds great Gerry. Looking forward to going on the journey

3 weeks later
#509 3 years ago

Stern Premiums are approaching $8000, the current price is fine I think. I think Heist was/is an attention getter and gets a lot of people on the fence for a purchase. If their next game is to the same quality and/or even better I think you really start to see mass adoption. Then you’re looking at $12,500 for 2 excellent games and the value proposition really starts to make sense. I think Lexi and CCR look like fun games and probably must buys for a lot of current P3 owners due to how cheap they are but they are probably not driving new sales. I’m really excited for once Multimorphic gets on a yearly release schedule. I’d also love to see one of the smaller time guys like Riot Pinball develop a game for the platform.

1 month later
#575 3 years ago

Curious if there are any settings to change flipper strength and if anyone has toyed with increasing the flipper strength yet? Maybe I’m just too used to the hyper strength of Stern flippers but I’d love to try the game with a little more snap to the flippers.

#577 3 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Yes, you can change the flipper strength in the setting menu for the game. Open the coin door and press launch. Choose settings, mechs, coils. I bumped mine up a couple notches, and its a completely different game.
You have to do this while Heist is loaded, as each game has its own settings.

Interesting, I’ll definitely have to play around with that. Thanks!

#578 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

Interesting, I’ll definitely have to play around with that. Thanks!

Wow, even after just 2 games it definitely makes a big difference. You’re absolutely right, it almost plays like a different game. Definitely recommend people play around with the flipper strength settings, especially if you’re used to Stern flippers.

#584 3 years ago

I think I settled on 28 as well. Game just feels much more responsive. I think the ball feels more like it's gliding on the default settings rather than shooting

#599 3 years ago

gstellenberg Hi Gerry, was wondering if you could provide some input on flipper strength. Is it at all detrimental to run the flippers at max strength (30)? I'm thinking in terms of the coils overheating especially. I tried a quick test game with the flippers maxed and really like the pop it gives. Don't want to do anything that would have long term negative effects though. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

#601 3 years ago

Sounds good, thanks Gerry

#605 3 years ago
Quoted from foobeer:

New to the Heist club and loving the game, but having a few issues. Any suggestions greatly appreciated...
1. I'm having issues with a lot of left inner loop SDTM. Almost all fast shots into the gallery, shoot around and result in an immediate drain.
2. During the cat burglar mode, my crane doesn't pick up the ball from the right habitrail. It wiggles and tries for a few seconds but then gives up and continues without it. It has worked at least once, but thats about it.
3. Getting a lot of rejects trying to shoot the jail from the right flipper. Good shots seem to just get hung up a lot and rattle out.

For #2 you have to run the crane calibration test in the settings menu. Mine was finicky. I had to run the calibration test multiple times before I could finally dial it in.

#611 3 years ago

Has anyone been able to complete the Demolition mode? I can get to the second “stage” but I get almost no action out of my pops, maybe 1 hit per made loop shot, so I always run out of time. I even lowered the threshold to like 5 pop hits I think and still have not really come close to beating it. Curious if other folks get better action on their pops.

#621 3 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

Yeah the Demolition mode and that section of the PF was designed to encourage nudging to keep the ball active and get through the pops requirement. But like any Pop bumper section of any game, occasionally you need to tweak things if you aren't seeing enough action.

Wow, nudging is definitely the key. Getting much better pop action now.

1 month later
#629 3 years ago
Quoted from Ch4p3l:

A few questions for you guys. Are you using the system manager to level the game and get the right pitch? I asked because the pitch keeps oscillating between 5 and 6 on the machine, but when I use my level on the field, it is reading close to 7. I do have the back leg levelers raised some. Also I can't seem to get the crane calibration to work. I'll do the first part and on the second part get a green light . Then when it does the up and down fine tuning auto calibration afterwards I might get 1-2 of those several attempts that are green but otherwise red and won't pick up the ball in the final part.

I’ve had a lot of issue with the crane calibration. I would have what seemed to be perfect calibration through the 1st 2 parts of the test and then have it fail the ball pick up for some reason and then you have to start over. I finally just wrote down the calibration settings that “seemed” like they should work, observed the crane action during gameplay and then manually tweaked the crane settings (not going through the calibration again) until I got everything dialed in. That seems to have resolved my issues for the most part.

#634 3 years ago
Quoted from Ch4p3l:

Hard to say. I did take off the top of the crane to inspect but did not see anything off. Often I’d note that after moving the crane to a position about a second later it would move slightly. I think that movement was skewing the calibration.

Yes, I always noticed the slight movement as well. I think the easiest way to address is to get it “close enough” during the calibration and then do micro adjustments in the actual crane settings without running the calibration again. I think you get much more accurate/less frustrating results.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Meriden, CT
$ 20.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jhoward1082.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heist-revealed-by-multimorphic?tu=jhoward1082 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.