IMG_8139 (resized).jpg
8ECE6551-B1FC-438A-B117-EFDD11722245_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
7F0C41B6-5198-4EB7-A673-DCA264582295_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
57C8A65A-1DA0-4D8A-8D66-D87153D184CC_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
22F47281-AEB4-49E9-9668-5E45E3087EF7_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #71 Gerry's first comments Posted by gstellenberg (4 years ago)

Post #92 Lost of pictures and one video Posted by solarvalue (4 years ago)

Post #143 News about current production Posted by gstellenberg (4 years ago)

Post #236 Stream announcement Posted by gstellenberg (4 years ago)

Post #247 Podcast on game. Posted by bingopodcast (4 years ago)

Post #263 Twitch link Posted by frolic (4 years ago)

Post #374 Software update Posted by gstellenberg (3 years ago)

Post #733 Adjusting difficulty Posted by gstellenberg (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider foobeer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 4 years ago

Looks great...definitely interested in this and will be following. I was pleasantly surprised when I first played Lexy a couple years ago at Grand Ole Gameroom Expo in Nashville and was impressed enough that I considered purchasing a P3 system. The addition of the 3rd flipper accessory, really opens up the possibilities.

#164 4 years ago

I always liked Lexy Lightspeed, but not enough to own it as a single pin. I also liked the idea of p3 being multiple games, but cannon lagoon and cosmic cart racing, didn't quite feel pinball enough for me to consider those full games for home. This all changes with Heist. Now I am seriously considering owning a p3 in the future because now with Lexy and Heist, I look at those as 2 full games in one platform. Also Heist gives me hope that more full game modules will be coming in the future.

Speaking of future games, I love that the multimorphic team encourages people to build their own software and even game modules for the platform. I would love to see some boutique companies building more p3 games.

The homebrew builds on pinside are amazing, but if I were to ever try something similar on my own, I would definitely lean towards using the p3 to build a standalone playfield module instead of building everything from the ground up.

#167 4 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

I won't plug my own stuff too hard here, but for those that don't know, I'm doing a homebrew (software) game using the Lexy playfield -- to start. I cannot say enough nice things about the development environment and how the SDK works with you to maintain logical separation of display vs. code. I walked into it knowing nothing about Unity or C# and am now typing up pretty complex modes on my lunch break with ease.
On the hardware side, the specs are provided for building your own module, and with the expandability of the boardset that Multimorphic has developed, you can control anything in any quantity that you could imagine.
I've built a couple of homebrews previously, and my third I've built on the P3. It saves so much time, it's crazy. It's a really, -really- great place to start working on your own game. The interaction between the screen and the ball is easy to control (along with all the typical physical aspects) and everything is just super well thought out. Definitely check into it if you have any interest at all in making a game. It will save you quite a few hours, believe me. The
modularity is off-the-charts exceptional. You can, for example, program a game to work with multiple playfields. And that's the tip of the iceberg.
Multimorphic has always answered every question I've had quickly and efficiently. Their support is phenomenal.
This is an amazing platform and ecosystem, headed by a really fantastic company. I hope you pick it up and run with it!

That is awesome! I know you said during your Heist gameplay that you don't normally stream, but do you have some way to follow your progress?

#170 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I agree with Cannon Lagoon and CCR 1.0 wholeheartedly. I have each of those playfields as part of the early adopter promotion I got in on. CL is not my speed. I might put it in once a year, if that. CCR was not too far off from that when I first got it. The race-only dynamic seemed forced and and frankly, pretty boring. That playfield collected dust for a year until CCR 2.0 dropped. While there's still some polishing that should happen with it, the new rules are quite fun, and the playfield has FLOW for days. Possibly the smoothest game I've ever played, and I have a bunch of Steve Ritchie games. None of this means CCR 2.0 will be your speed, but if you ruled it out based on 1.0, definitely give it another chance. It's 100% a different game, and I love everything about it more than the original incarnation. I've always been a fan of Lexy, but at least at the moment, I'm digging CCR 2.0 more than Lexy. ymmv

Great...looks like I now have to get a 3 game bundle. If the wife asks, I'm blaming you.

Seriously though, thanks for the info. I would love to see a stream of CCR 2.0. Do you have Grand Slam for the canyon lagoon playfield? All my kids and all their friends play baseball and wondering if it would be worth Grand Slam alone.

#177 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

This virus crap is killing me (well I hope not).
I would have already ordered if it wasn’t for the freakin mess we’re in now.

Yep, same here.

#181 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Now that I’m thinking about Multimorphic more and more - how does the pricing work? I see the whole platform is $10K, but do you just get 1 game with that? Obviously a game of your choice.. but what else do you get for 10K? That’s quite a bit of cash

Yeah, it's definitely a bit on the expensive side to take that initial plunge. That and fear or ease of resell and value has always made me hesitant. And now at this point, I'm not sure I could pull the trigger without going all in. I'd love to get their special for $15,995 that includes all current games, playfields, and mini games. The HD backbox display was previously considered an upgrade for $899 but looks like it's included with all the new bundles.

https://www.multimorphic.com/store/p3-pinball-machine/p3-pinball-machine/

Current specials (available through April 17, 2020):

P3 with Heist : $9,995
P3 with all currently available games (game kits + mini-games) : $15,995

*All P3’s now include our high definition, full-sized backbox display

#221 4 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Instead of the game ending after a race you can save your progress and upgrade your cart with better equipment. Instead of one race and done now there are multiple races to choose from.

Does career mode carry over from game to game or just race to race within a single game?

1 week later
#293 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Imagine if your ditch the playfield lcd and build a complete playfield like this you sell a thousand instead of 24.

Quoted from Mr68:

I was thinking some upside down pop bumpers suspended over the LCD would be really cool with screen animations underneath them. Explosions and such.

Check out the concept of swapping out the lower playfield that slides over the LCD in their promo video. I don't know of any game that does this yet, but it looks to be possible with the platform. I hope to see future games take advantage of swapping out the lower module like in the concept drawings.

I could never pull the trigger on a P3 for Lexy alone, but now with Heist, I'm in. Not only is it 2 fully functional pinball games, but it also shows Multimorphic's current and future commitment to the platform. I was skeptical since it seemed some of the newer releases were geared towards redemption style games, but Heist has alleviated that concern for me.

2020-04-02_16-22-16 (resized).png2020-04-02_16-22-16 (resized).png2020-04-02_16-22-41 (resized).png2020-04-02_16-22-41 (resized).png2020-04-02_16-23-06 (resized).png2020-04-02_16-23-06 (resized).png
#297 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Yeah I’m surprised we haven’t seen those yet. My only concern with other floating items above the LCD is how they will install/uninstall. The upper flipper is perfect as once installed, it stays thru module swaps w/out interference. The side rails are great for attaching Any number if mechs or devices but you do have to slide the device in/out to the correct spot and then lock it down there and make wire connections. Hoping for some quick release type of thing For each mech and maybe the LCD could indicate where they go position-wise?

The "floating items" are just one single lower playfield module that can be swapped out the same as the upper playfield module. Check out this video of Gerry removing the lower playfield module to get to the LCD. Unplug a single connector and slides right out.

The way they made everything modular is brilliant and makes it very adaptable for future innovations. And yes, as a software engineer, I am becoming quite the fanboy of the p3 system.

2020-04-03_12-09-21 (resized).png2020-04-03_12-09-21 (resized).png
2 weeks later
#362 4 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

I have already ordered Heist, so I am in no matter what; its that good already. I am just super pumped to see whats next, on top of being pumped to play this game. so freaking excited !!!!!!!!!! as an owner of stern, williams, and JJP, i can say that no other manufacturer has my imagination going crazy like P3 is. I am dreaming of the possibilities that they are capturing for their next ideas. I'm grateful to be part of this new element of Pinball.

Same here! I bought a used p3 with Lexy a few weeks ago and have Heist on order. The machine and platform are so well engineered and thought out, I am excited about the current games and all the future possibilities. I've taken most of the modules off just to see how it's all put together and it's amazing. It's very well designed and everything just slides and/or latches into place with ease. From big things like changing out playfield modules to small things like showing the incline and level right on the screen for easy adjustment, it's just very refreshing to have so much TLC go into the design to make it a pleasant experience.

Multimorphic and p3 don't yet have the exposure or credit that they deserve, but I'm confident with the release of Heist and future games, others will see the possibilities and hopefully jump on the hype train.

I should also mention that I've had a few questions and even though I purchased my P3 used, Gerry and the Multimorphic team have been super responsive and helpful to answer them all. Great company with great products!

#369 4 years ago

I have the generic p3 artwork on order and I'm glad to see that yours looks great. I couldn't find any examples online of it on an actual machine.

4 months later
#604 3 years ago

New to the Heist club and loving the game, but having a few issues. Any suggestions greatly appreciated...

1. I'm having issues with a lot of left inner loop SDTM. Almost all fast shots into the gallery, shoot around and result in an immediate drain.
2. During the cat burglar mode, my crane doesn't pick up the ball from the right habitrail. It wiggles and tries for a few seconds but then gives up and continues without it. It has worked at least once, but thats about it.
3. Getting a lot of rejects trying to shoot the jail from the right flipper. Good shots seem to just get hung up a lot and rattle out.

#609 3 years ago

Thanks for the link. 2 of my 3 questions are listed on the wiki...will check it out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 20.00
Machine - For Sale
Meriden, CT

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider foobeer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heist-revealed-by-multimorphic?tu=foobeer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.