IMG_8139 (resized).jpg
8ECE6551-B1FC-438A-B117-EFDD11722245_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
7F0C41B6-5198-4EB7-A673-DCA264582295_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
57C8A65A-1DA0-4D8A-8D66-D87153D184CC_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
22F47281-AEB4-49E9-9668-5E45E3087EF7_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #71 Gerry's first comments Posted by gstellenberg (4 years ago)

Post #92 Lost of pictures and one video Posted by solarvalue (4 years ago)

Post #143 News about current production Posted by gstellenberg (4 years ago)

Post #236 Stream announcement Posted by gstellenberg (4 years ago)

Post #247 Podcast on game. Posted by bingopodcast (4 years ago)

Post #263 Twitch link Posted by frolic (4 years ago)

Post #374 Software update Posted by gstellenberg (3 years ago)

Post #733 Adjusting difficulty Posted by gstellenberg (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Toyguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#85 4 years ago

Ordered!

Good thing I just got the CCR module too, to keep me busy while waiting.

The new 2.0 code for CCR is really sweet - whole new game from what I had played last year at Pintastic.

#246 4 years ago

Great time to be a P3 owner! Cooped up in the house, with my new Cosmic Cart playfield and the 2.0 beta release, as well as Heist ordered and on its way.

#253 4 years ago

Hmmm, UPS shipping notice from Texas in my email...

1 week later
#324 4 years ago

I’m going to qualify my remarks by noting that my playfield was damaged in shipping. I’ll be getting a replacement once this virus mess is done. I’ve been working with the support team, which is outstanding as always, trying to make it somewhat playable in the short term.

That said, I’m not really enjoying it at the moment. Shot pathing seems very bad, with way too many center drains on required shots. My right orbit shot exits from the left side and probably 80% go SDTM. The left inner loop shot, essential to starting a heist, drains close to 90% of them. This makes any progress near impossible. In fairness, the orbit rails were bent in shipping. I’ve straightened them as best I can, with help and advice from tech support, but they’re not right. The inner loop looks as-designed though. The only possible adjustment I see is bending the outer rail at the exit but that would expose the rail edge to ball impact, so that’s a no-go. I actually try and avoid anything that requires an inner left loop shot - not much fun. I’m reasonably confident an undamaged playfield will solve the orbit issues, because the other playfields have no such problems, but I’m less confident about the loop. If that doesn’t flow better on the new playfield, and I don’t see why it would be any different, this module will probably sit in the box most of the time. It’s that unenjoyable as it is now. I’ve checked the machine again today and it is level and at a normal pitch.

My crane bash target also registers poorly, missing most direct hits and getting only some of the more-glancing shots. This makes most of the crane modes unfinishable. We’re working on that too. It appears to be mechanical, not electrical. I had the head apart today and now it’s having trouble picking up balls from the ramp. I guess I’ll try recalibrating it later.

I’m reserving overall judgement for now until whatever time I can get the module replaced but first impressions are iffy for my tastes. Your mileage may vary.

#328 4 years ago

It’s certainly possible a new module will solve the issues. I hope so. The damage was pretty bad. Interestingly, the box had no external signs of damage but inside, you could see it had been moving around. The right orbit rail attachment screw at the exit was sheared off, and the rail was bent and had gouged the artwork. One of the wireform mounting screws was found in the bottom of the box, and it’s threaded spacer was bent back out of place. The left VUK tube was bent such that when first installed, the game saw balls only on VUK 4. The left orbit rail end was bent in sharply and both orbit rails blocked the outer scoops and walls. With much help from Gerry and TJ, the rails have been straightened enough to clear the scoops and mostly work. The trough issue was fixed with a piece of foam tape on the ball stop, moving the balls to the right a bit so the optos pick them up. That will work for now.

The inner loop, on the other hand, appears undamaged and that concerns me. The geometry there just seems off. I do hope I’m wrong and that the problem is specific to this module but we’ll see. That left inner loop shot is critical to progress in the game and right now I am loathe to take it.

#331 4 years ago

A quick follow-up posting. I've been making small adjustments to flipper and VUK coil strengths and that has helped a little. I will be doing more with that tonight. I also lowered the slope from my usual ~7 degrees to more like 6 degrees and that also helped. The ball does not now drop so precipitously on exiting the left inner loop. The left orbit rail I tweaked by bending the rail a bit to direct the ball more to the right. It doesn't lie flush with the side target rail, nor had it before, but it's not far enough out to be a problem now either, so while it isn't the right curve any longer it is mostly playable.

I wasn't clear that I do like the game. The rule set is excellent, the art and music is my kind of style and the gameplay is rich, varied and strategic. It's a flagship game for the platform, no doubt. I don't want anyone thinking I hate the game. Watching Gerry and Nick's streams of gameplay again, it is clear that whatever is wrong is isolated to my module's condition. Once this virus business is past and this module can be replaced, I'm confident the problem will be solved. I did have a concern on the inner loop geometry but watching the streams has eliminated it. I probably should have watched them more closely before posting.

I guess my frustration got the better of me. I'm a P3 supporter from the time I first saw it. I didn't make the first production run, but I did make the second, so I'm all-in. I like the company and I like their products, both the P3 and the P-ROC series. Nobody else is innovating like them. Apologies to the Multimorphic team for going on a rant. They've been nothing but helpful, especially so in this difficult time.

#338 4 years ago

Having now been able to play some, here’s some thoughts.

I like the character modes. Each is a little different and are challenging under time pressure. The side jobs are cool and clever and I like that they are optional. The lane donuts are a fun idea and challenging on the separate button.

The game has a nice variety of multiballs that are well-integrated into the story and the fun events like the Armored Car and Police Patrol also fit right in.

Some things I’d like to see or am not sure of...

I’d love to see a sub-mode where the spinner counts for more score or bonus. It’s used well now for objectives but a good spinner rip for points would be satisfying.

I’m not sold yet on the starting of Crane Multiball in the middle of a character mode. It seems distracting to me right now but it’s not a deal breaker. It is a cool multiball though.

It may just be that I haven’t gotten enough donuts yet, but I’d love to see opportunities for more bonus multipliers if that’s not already there. Currently I’ve only seen 2x.

It’s going to be fun seeing what comes in the main heist wizard mode as the code comes up to v1.0

#354 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Quick question: does the LCD make a difference? I understand it is nice to have a backglass for each individual game and to have the display where everyone can see it. But is it worth the upgrade? So far, it does not appear that any game has unique backglass assets.

The backbox display is a fabulous upgrade in my personal opinion. Best thing I ever did to mine. I am glad to see they will be now including it by default. The system was made for it.

It saves me from having to buy translites for each module or game that I own, which is wonderful. The different games do offer unique data displays in most cases, while in-game, and that will only get better now that designers can pretty much count on a P3 having one. I do believe there's a lot more that can be done there. Think digital versions of things like the Scared Stiff spider or even small minigames on the backbox eventually. I only wish they had digital side art

7 months later
#682 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Glad to see others enjoying ROCs! Is anyone else having issues with the balls being served in the game? There were several updates recently, I’m wondering if I updated something incorrectly. Within the first 5 or 6 Waves of ROCs, the VUKs will try to spit out a ball, the. Fail and give up, leading me to have to start over from the Launcher.

Go into Diagnostics and select Under Playfield view. See if all the balls show up on all the VUKs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Meriden, CT
$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 20.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Toyguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heist-revealed-by-multimorphic?tu=Toyguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.