IMG_8139 (resized).jpg
8ECE6551-B1FC-438A-B117-EFDD11722245_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
7F0C41B6-5198-4EB7-A673-DCA264582295_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
57C8A65A-1DA0-4D8A-8D66-D87153D184CC_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
22F47281-AEB4-49E9-9668-5E45E3087EF7_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #71 Gerry's first comments Posted by gstellenberg (4 years ago)

Post #92 Lost of pictures and one video Posted by solarvalue (4 years ago)

Post #143 News about current production Posted by gstellenberg (4 years ago)

Post #236 Stream announcement Posted by gstellenberg (4 years ago)

Post #247 Podcast on game. Posted by bingopodcast (4 years ago)

Post #263 Twitch link Posted by frolic (4 years ago)

Post #374 Software update Posted by gstellenberg (3 years ago)

Post #733 Adjusting difficulty Posted by gstellenberg (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#160 4 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

The garbage art and cheesy story ruin it for me. Its worse than dialed in by a huge margin. The mechanicals look cool though

So, are you saying you buy pinball machines for the story?

#161 4 years ago

This is a really amazing reveal - the first video definitely got me interested. And then seeing how packed the top is, wow! Would love to play one of these some day

#178 4 years ago

Now that I’m thinking about Multimorphic more and more - how does the pricing work? I see the whole platform is $10K, but do you just get 1 game with that? Obviously a game of your choice.. but what else do you get for 10K? That’s quite a bit of cash

#188 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Well, I have a P3...with Heist! on order. I also have Octoberfest. Just sayin.

Thinking about Heist... also have DI, Houdini...

#205 4 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I get that, but I'm not going to sugar coat it. It looks like a child's youtube flash cartoon. Trash is a perfect descriptor of it in my book. Its the worst art I've seen on a recent game since Mafia.
Look, here's what bugs me the most, if this was a Stern game, I could say these things and everyone would agree and upvote. I know plenty of other people would be in agreement. It would be considered a joke! Hell, look no further than the heavy metal thread. But since this is P3 and everyone loves Gerry (and rightfully so) people want to handle things with kid gloves or put up some sort of facade. I'm going to call it like I see it. I think p3 is a really cool idea and I would love to see it be a success. I also understand they don't have the kind of budget or reach that a company like stern or even american pinball has. I also understand making so many animations for the art in a p3 game is different than the mostly static art on a standard pin. , but I'm sorry, those excuses don't fly with me. Maybe the art in many of your opinions is OK, or acceptable, and thats fine, but you're kidding yourself if you'd consider what you're seeing here to be high quality.
I also like the idea of a heist, and I do enjoy heist movies, but I cannot think of a more cookie cutter way to implement that theme. Like Mr. Big?? Really? Its like a 4th grader came up with a heist plot.
I'm sort of on the fence, because the mechs and stuff in the game does greatly intrigue me, but its gonna have to be just stellar in order to get me to invest in one. Its kinda like a boat, I sure would like if my friend had one, but I don't want it. All that said, I think this game will do more for P3 than anything previously has, but will it elevate p3 multimorphic to be a somewhat viable player in the pinball market? I have serious doubts, which saddens me, but at the same time it is a nice step in the right direction.
hot take- somebody putting hard work into something doesn't mean its off limits to call their work garbage or any other adjective if thats what you see it as. In fact, I bet all of you do this very thing all the time, whether its music, or movies, or tv shows, ect. Just because this is more personal to you doesn't mean its off limits to call a spade a spade if thats what you're seeing.

I don't know dude, but it sounds like you might want to stick to video games.

1 week later
#291 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Wow that Heist upper playfield is one of the best i have seen this year.
Imagine if your ditch the playfield lcd and build a complete playfield like this you sell a thousand instead of 24.
Still the best P3 game so far.

Absolutely agree it looks like the most thorough, intricate, and fun P3 game thus far. But removing the LCD? That's kind of a central piece of the design, isn't it?

1 week later
#332 4 years ago

Good of you to clarify that. Your first post was pretty filled with (totally understandable!) frustration.

Really impressed by Gerry’s communication every single time I see him post.

I do wish the platform cost a LITTLE less to get into, but boy it sure makes sense. These games are packed! Especially Heist. I’m saving my pennies...

#335 4 years ago
Quoted from Shaker:

All;
I received my Heist playfield a couple days ago. It arrived without any damage and with everything working perfectly. Gerry said that my playfield was the first to be shipped with a revised foam padding. The shipper did manage to poke a small hole in the box.
Here are my impressions after playing it for about 10 hours:
Playfield:
The 2 ramps and 3 orbits (1 for the upper flipper) are all very smooth, making for great flowing gameplay and lots of combo shots.
Every shot can stop or divert the ball, but the ball is only interrupted when a mode is started. It's nice that most of these mechanics are hidden inside the buildings.
The left ramp is easy, it can be backhanded and weak shots generally go to a flipper. The right ramp is more challenging, with weak shots often going between the flippers.
In addition to it's orbit, the upper flipper can hit an large number of shots, even the left ramp. Hitting the orbit once is pretty doable, but looping it with the ball at speed is quite a challenge.
The crane is great way to bring the action down the playfield. When in "bash" mode it registers even soft hits. It's fun to hit a ball off of it to start crane multi-ball. Because of the crane, Heist is *not* an "empty lower playfield game".
Rules:
*Lots* to do. An amateur will easily get some things going, just by keeping the ball in play. An expert can work their way towards mini-wizard and wizard modes.
A lot of the modes and multiballs stack. If you get a few things going at once (on purpose or not), it's quite a challenge.
Art:
I really like the 2D Motion Comic artwork. It' much cooler and more pleasing to the eye than 3D models.
Music and Sound Effects (when not in a mode):
The music is perfect background for heist (or spy) movie. The sound effects (ex: "coins") complement the music, not overwhelm it.
Music and Sound Effects (when in a mode):
Your now in an action scene, and the music and sound effects are cranked up appropriately.
Call Outs:
Top notch voice work. Lighthearted but (with the exception of Mr. Bigalow) not silly.
Overall:
Everything clicks to make it a *great* game.
- Mark
AFM, TAF, Godzilla, NGG, MM, MSF, MB, SS, PM, 1812, P3 (LL-EE, CCR, Heist)

Great review! Also, I am super pissed because this is going to cost me money...

What did you not like as much about the game? I see you have other P3 games, how does this compare
?

1 month later
#378 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Had an opportunity to play this game this week. Wow this is their home run no question. Every detail is great and the animations are spot on. Hope to get one of these some day soon.

that is awesome to hear! My kid has been mad at me for selling Dialed In for about a year - this may be a good replacement!

2 weeks later
#389 3 years ago

This is consistent with what I keep reading about P3... definitely Heist in our future. Hopefully soon..

#395 3 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

i highly encourage anyone to pull out the stops to buy P3. I sold 3 games just to cover this purchase; it was well worth it. the reason is that P3 is not like other machines, but its still pinball. Its kind of like having a Stern machine and a JJP machine. both are pinball, but JJP is so different than Stern. P3 is so different from both of them. the differences all make the experience so NEW, unique and fun. P3 belongs in every collection; especially a collection where all manufacturers are represented. It is comfortingly familiar, yet revolutionary and surprising in how the tech is implemented. your jaw will drop when you see what the machine does.
Simply put, the machine does things that NO pinball machine has ever done, and nobody thought could ever be done. Multimorphic team are smart....really smart; and they are free to push the envelope in developing their tech. that's the breeding ground for innovation right there.

great testimonial for them! What are some examples are things the machine does that no other machine has done?

#399 3 years ago

Wow, that is definitely quite the extensive list!

I watched the video about how to do a playfield swap, how do you change out the game code? Do you just change out an SD Card, or is it all stored on a hard drive and you just select it in a menu?

#401 3 years ago
Quoted from mjfisher:

It's all on the P3's SSD. It basically has a carousel menu which allows you to start the game you want to play. The menu will "lock" any games that aren't compatible with the installed playfield and unlock the ones that are. As a P2K owner this is far simpler and far beyond anything that was done for that. There's even a devkit available (uses Unity) if you want to create your own game.

Very cool, thanks!

3 weeks later
#415 3 years ago

Really looking forward to adding this game to our lineup when our construction is done. What's the going rate for the game now? I thought it was about 10K all in. Is that still the case?

#420 3 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

There is currently no operator setting to combine the upper flipper with the lower right flipper on the red button. We discussed this at length while designing the game and expected feedback from pretty much everybody. My personal feeling is that a separate button is much better. The 'skill' required to stage the upper flipper on a switch stack isn't something beginners should have to learn. Nor is it something you should have to keep track of in multiballs. I also think it's silly to put heavy wear on an upper flipper when activating lower flippers.
Give the separate button some time. You'll likely wind up liking it better. If you feel differently after playing a few dozen games, please send us that feedback. If a bunch of people want the option to change it, we'll consider it.

While the $9995 Heist special has technically expired, we're still honoring that price. The economic fallout from the pandamic-related shutdowns is real; so we'll continue honoring that price at least for a while. Just message us when ordering to make sure. We reserve the right to end that offer at any time. If you want to lock in an order now but delay shipment to a future date, we can do that too. Honestly, that would help us with planning and parts purchasing. Just note the $1000 deposit for an order is non-refundable, as we'll be considering it a firm order.
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

HMMMMM.... Damn it Gerry, this is getting hard!

#426 3 years ago

I'm trying to make it easy!
- Gerry

Correction! Haha

#427 3 years ago

Ok, another question: if I order Heist.. you know... theoretically Does that include Lexy (the site says every P3 includes the game by default), or does Heist Replace it in this situation?

1 week later
#480 3 years ago

...aaaaaaalmost in!

#484 3 years ago

We just officially announced our extended pricing promotions. If you've been thinking about getting a P3 with Heist (and/or other games), you can lock in promotional pricing by ordering now. That'll save you some money, and it'll also help us plan out production going through the 2nd half of 2020.
And... CCR WAN Party on Saturday!
Full announcement here: https://www.multimorphic.com/news/extended-p3-pricing-discounts-and-ccr-wan-party/
- Gerry
[quoted image]

oh CRAP! just remembered something... This is awesome Gerry.

#487 3 years ago

JUST PUT MY DEPOSIT DOWN. I don't think I've ever been this psyched for a new game. Gerry, you're a madman!

1 week later
#499 3 years ago

Can’t wait to get ours so we can post the review

1 week later
#511 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

Stern Premiums are approaching $8000, the current price is fine I think. I think Heist was/is an attention getter and gets a lot of people on the fence for a purchase. If their next game is to the same quality and/or even better I think you really start to see mass adoption. Then you’re looking at $12,500 for 2 excellent games and the value proposition really starts to make sense. I think Lexi and CCR look like fun games and probably must buys for a lot of current P3 owners due to how cheap they are but they are probably not driving new sales. I’m really excited for once Multimorphic gets on a yearly release schedule. I’d also love to see one of the smaller time guys like Riot Pinball develop a game for the platform.

This is exactly how I felt. Heist pushed me over the edge after looking for a long time at P3. I haven’t gone all the way yet as we are renovating the house and I didn’t want yet another game to have to just sit packed up, but it will be in the house soon.

I just bought an Elvira LE last year for basically the same price. Now that’s a little unfair, as IMO that game is light years beyond Stern’s other recent offerings (JP2 good as well), but now that I’ve broken the seal, so to speak, it is a no brainer to get the other games.

After that, I think CCR will be making a visit to the house, and probably eventually Lexy. Heist reminded me of Dialed In - a game I really loved owning - in a way (probably the city setting), but the storyline and the crane are way cooler IMO.

#520 3 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

Every time I see that playfield it makes me smile. Even without the crane we packed so much into this game. Look at that world under glass! The engineering cleverness that is hidden inside those buildings to enable all the pinball trickery we do is my favorite part! Even without the crane this playfield is an absolute joy to shoot! It doesn't hurt that we also included the most versatile interactive toy ever in a pinball machine as well, creating an unprecedented variety of moving short shots and ball knock-off opportunities! This team is the best!

It really is MILES beyond a lot of other recent games, and certainly beyond something like Cannon Lagoon (not that I’m knocking CL). That really looks packed!

#526 3 years ago

I heard on the Buffalo Pinball podcast that there’s now a 3-month lead time for games! That gives us enough time to finish the house (er... I hope!) and get the new space for this game. Very psyched!

1 week later
#529 3 years ago

I'm curious about the current backlog - a couple months still? Really psyched about getting into P3

#531 3 years ago

We're in discussions with a few people to get better reach, but nothing's confirmed yet. We'd certainly love to get more machines to more people in Europe! Feel free to PM me if you (and/or others you know) are interested. The more data we have, the better the discussions go.

So far my recent estimates have been really good, and any time I've been wrong, we've shipped a week or so early. New orders are still at about 3 months, and existing orders are progressing through the queue on schedule. Sincere thanks for your patience and your support!
- Gerry

I got my $$ ready Gerry !!

#533 3 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

I must confess I am now tempted by the full bundle.
Unfortunately there is no price in euro announced by the Austrian reseller on his website.
Could be fun to drive there to collect a game (over 10h from Paris) but I'd definitely prefer a closer option...

10H isn’t THAT bad for the most innovative platform available... plus you get to drive through Germany!

1 week later
#554 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Honestly; I hope not.
Multimorphic resources need to be spent on the a killer theme like R&M so the P3 becomes the title to have.
A game like you describe would have limited resale and volume appeal; which would be a very bad idea (IMHO) for young company like Multimorphic.
Personally; a group of experts in those areas would be better suited to do such a title as a 3rd party game.

The building blocks are already there. The P3 has a pretty damn good dev kit - using the Cannon Lagoon module, a pretty good straight forward learning / younger kid game could be easily developed by a 3rd party. Hell, “Ranger in the Ruins” basically got built to a workable state in about 3 weeks

#559 3 years ago
Quoted from Shaker:

Here is something Multimorphic could do with a very small investment: Offer an option in existing games for one handed play. So people with use of only one hand could access every P3 game.
- Mark

Check. Done. Next idea!

#563 3 years ago

Hah - yes. In each game, go into game settings -> Mechs -> Switches -> Use alternate flipper buttons. That'll enable one-handed play.
I think the only one needing aa software tweak is Heist, as the right white button would then control the lower left flipper AND the upper right flipper, making it tough to not block right loop shots.
- Gerry

Hey Gerry - just a general question about this. Sometimes the 2 flippers stacked and the upper blocking a backhand shot from the lower can game harder, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Can you turn it off and control both flippers from one button in settings?

also, a sidebar question: are buttons pressure-sensitive in the sense that a harder push will adjust velocity of the flipper?

#565 3 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

No. Physically there is one switch per button. That switch is either on or off.
I’m sure the devs could come up with software shenanigans galore about what to do with those inputs.

is this answer with regard to the P3 or in general?

#569 3 years ago

There currently aren't any flipper button variation settings other than the one to enable one-handed play. To keep consistent with having individual buttons for each flipper, we'll probably switch to using the yellow button to control the opposite flipper and leaving the white one as the upper flipper control.
We haven't [yet?] added any other settings to control multiple flippers from the same button.

I don't know of any pinball machines with pressure sensitive buttons that control flipper velocity or any machines with pressure sensitive buttons at all, for that matter. Controlling strength would be more interesting, but I'd prefer to reward people who can control quick flips rather than people would can push the button half way in.
Many games have switch stacks on the flipper buttons. Our current button boxes only have single leafs per switch, but button boxes are modular...
- Gerry

Very interesting - Thanks for the explanation!

1 week later
#592 3 years ago

KevInBuffalo Hey Kev, what lift cart did you use in the Heist unboxing video? gstellenberg how heavy IS this thing!?

#595 3 years ago
Quoted from tjw998:

P3 with Heist is about 360lbs

GEEZ! just BARELY lighter than POTC. whew my back! Ok, off to Harbor Freight...

1 week later
#616 3 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

Just a head's up! Today (Wed. 9/16/20) is the last day to take advantage of the Heist Extended Launch Special pricing! Save nearly $1000 on a P3 with Heist (or any other single game kit you choose), or get the complete P3 package with every game-kit currently available and save $2k. Great opportunity to get into the platform and benefit from all the current awesome features, and all future features and releases!
www.multimorphic.com

I'm in!! Get my game on the line guys!! LOL

1 month later
#627 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Congrats on the purchase. It is only a matter of time until you own more playfields. Pulling the trigger on the $10K system is a big ask. But once you have the system in-house, the barrier on new games is so reasonable. You could buy Lexy (personally still my favorite P3 game) and CCR together for about the price of a Stern Pro. The CCR playfield comes with 2 very different versions of the game, and Nick's Ranger in the Ruins is a really fun mini game that's only $150.
So much value once you get over that initial purchase!

And looking at the recent prices of JJP and Stern Premium/LE games, $10K isn’t even a huge stretch!

I Can’t wait to get Heist in the house. Another month or so until our space is ready. Thanks to Gerry and Stephen Silver for these great updates!

#632 3 years ago
Quoted from Ch4p3l:

Finally got it dialed in. Took the crane top off and made sure everything in the crane was right. Went through calibration again and was noticing after the second part when it tried to fine tune that it wasn’t going back exactly where I had the crane aligned originally on the ball. The fine tuning part seemed to be going more to the right then what I had. So the next time I just got it aligned with the ball but with x axis number a little higher (more left). Did the trick and worked since.
Loving the game but man my scores suck. Hate to say it but may move those outlane posts up till I get better. Have to train my brain to use that upper flipper button.

So do you mean the calibration code might need to be adjusted a bit? or was there something physical keeping the fine tuning part from aligning correctly?

1 month later
#636 3 years ago

Finally got Heist in the house! (That's a half joke... the house wasn't ready for quite a while - it's still not, but I wanted to have it for Thanksgiving...) ... Also OMG heavy. First game I've had to get help with AND remove stuff from the cabinet. And I have a POTC!

Heist is really fun - the ramps are AWESOME. As has been noted, the playfield is packed. Wow. I have some really very minor suggestions/constructive criticisms about the game, but I'll keep them to myself for now. My son played for almost an hour this morning; that's an absolute badge of honor! He is into Beyblade and anime, and Xbox, but he latched right onto this game. Funny, he also really liked Dialed In, which the playfield sort of reminds me of.

Anyway, more to come after I get some work out of the way.

I'm very glad to have found you can change the flipper strength, as there certainly is a different feel to the game (perhaps it's the playfield plastic, or the flippers? I'm not sure). But increasing the pitch and the power seemed to play more like my other games, which I think is a good thing!

So the big question I've not found on here yet is: Do I/should I wax the game? Obviously the upper playfield area, but what about the area where the screen is? I don't want to screw anything up.

thanks!

#638 3 years ago

Congratulations - you survived P3 ownership initiation.

We've never put anything other than novus 2 on the polycarbonate sheet over the playfield LCD. After tens of thousands of plays it might show microscratches throughout and wear at the inlane dropoff points if you hold it up and inspect it closely, but during gameplay, the light from the LCD makes pretty much all wear invisible when the machine is on. Regardless, if you want to replace it after a few years, it's just a rectangular piece of 0.25" polycarbonate. You can get one from us or from your favorite plastics supplier for probably $50 or so. And I assume you now know that you can swap it in in just a few seconds.

- Gerry
https://www.multmorphic.com

Fantastic! Thanks for responding. This makes total sense. And yes.. oh yes I know how to take every piece out of the machine now. LOL. I am going to add connectors on the backbox so I can remove that if I ever need it to move up the stairs again...

#641 3 years ago

What are you planning to add connectors to? All cables going into the backbox are point to point cables. Some might be ziptied to others for cleanliness, but everything is connectorized already. I think the only exception is the subwoofer cable, which is screwed into screw terminals on the amp.
- Gerry

Maybe nothing, then! I was trying to balance out between removing the backbox and getting a friend to help me get it downstairs, and we ended up finding a faster way to do it than having to remove the backbox. My space at the bottom of the stairs is super tight, and a game with a folded down head can't make the turn. I usually bring games down our outside steps, but that's not possible right now because of the construction.

Anyway, off to play a quick game in between meetings!

#643 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I’ve been playing a lot of Heist myself lately. I recently moved into a new home and it survived with no issues on start up luckily! I need to get it set up with the WIFI again but I’m still setting up the game room.
Yes this machine is HEAVY....destroys all my other pins in that category. I smartly removed the PF from it before moving it. I was able to lift it from the back side that way and install the back legs.
Glad I joined the club!

Been playing quite a bit myself. Still trying to figure out the leveling - I am getting a LOT of SDTM. It's in a new room with newly poured concrete, so I'm sure it's not perfectly level.

I used the auto-level in the Settings app, but I think I didn't quite do it right... Still figuring out coil settings, made settings a bit easier so I could get past at least ONE mode.

I do think the timers are way too short. You have to be a master at the live catch to be able to get control quickly enough to actually finish the modes. Very cool that you can do the jailbreak multiball! 100 games in and I still haven't actually started that.

BTW What triggers the armored car? I am always caught off guard by that, and I can't get control of the ball fast enough.

#645 3 years ago

The horsheshoe shot (inner loop) is heavily dependent on your game setup... left/right level and also the steepness of your machine (we recommend having all leg levelers at the same height). The shot is intentionally risky. A smooth shot should flow nicely to the opposite flipper. A clunky shot should have a probability of draining. If smooth shots are draining in your setup, check out the Heist technical resources on our support site for tips adjusting the ball rail.
https://www.multimorphic.com/support/projects/customer-support/wiki/Heist (click the link again after logging in).

It enables after a few hits of the ATM targets. It's arrival time is based on a timer, and it'll only show up when no other mode is active.
- Gerry

Thanks Gerry! The horseshoe shot returns pretty well. Most of the drains I’m getting are from dumb shots to the jail, and a lot of lateral unexpected movement. The outlanes are like a magnet!

#647 3 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

So the P3 ships with the outlane posts wide open, which can be super tough. I recommend moving them to the center hole. Much more manageable there, but not a gimme save either.
So glad you are enjoying the game!

Ok Steve! If you're saying it's ok to do, I'm doing it!! LOL

I'm trying to get more games in, but I kid you not - EVERY time I turn it on one of my cats teleports to the glass. I've played 5 games in a row with a defender right up in my face playing man-to-man.

#652 3 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

Sounds like a Hoopin it Up mod!

I told you guys I was going to work on a new game.. lol.. although this wasn't exactly what I had in mind!

#653 3 years ago

Re-levelled the game top to bottom. Holy crap! Now it is super fast! Not sure what happened but wow! Craziness

#659 3 years ago

I can relate. This mousey-looking guy said "No more testing for you tonight, Papa!"
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com[quoted image]

HA! And you have the glass off!

#660 3 years ago

Hi all,
In addition to a bunch of other updates, we just released an update to Heist (and its module driver). This release includes the results of our scoring audit and tries to better balance risk/reward. Among many other things, you're now incentivized to complete modes and get MacGuffins and Jewels. Also, bonuses are larger. So don't tilt!
- Gerry
[quoted image]

Hell yes! Is this the release that supports ROCs?

#663 3 years ago

Yep! ROCS 2.0.0.0 will work with Heist module driver 0.9.6.4 and let you blast asteroids with Ocean City in the background.
- Gerry

Just saw in the release email. Installing NoW!!!!!

#668 3 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

More importantly...
[quoted image]

I hate to say it, but I'm not ready to fork over for Barnyard LOL

Now that I've played a couple rounds of ROCs, my kid is asking me about a Beyblade type game. Now that sounds like a good idea. Not sure how to implement yet..

#671 3 years ago

That means you don't have really young kids (or you don't love them), you don't want to give your cats more reasons to jump on the machine, and you don't play pinball while drinking.
- Gerry

OUCH! Man you know how to sell it LOL

#677 3 years ago

Glad to see others enjoying ROCs! Is anyone else having issues with the balls being served in the game? There were several updates recently, I’m wondering if I updated something incorrectly. Within the first 5 or 6 Waves of ROCs, the VUKs will try to spit out a ball, the. Fail and give up, leading me to have to start over from the Launcher.

#680 3 years ago

Really enjoying this game, MAN is it hard! I mean it won’t get old quickly. And Forces me to get a little better. The ramps feel SO good when you nail them. Funny, the shots are in about the same place as my EHOH but not -exactly- so you have to make adjustments. Really dig it. FINALLY completed a mode yesterday (I’ve been playing ROCs a lot too) and got a MacGuffin (nice touch)!

Just wish we could add CUSTOM SOUNDTRACKS, GER!

#683 3 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

Go into Diagnostics and select Under Playfield view. See if all the balls show up on all the VUKs.

Thanks! I didn’t know about that. Haven’t gone into Diagnostics much. I think the coil strength needs to be tweaked up or down, but it’s really time consuming to find the right setting. Thx for the tip!

#686 3 years ago

Diagnostics is super useful for this kind of thing (and for debugging almost everything). As Toyguy mentioned, you can go to "Under Playfield" and see a virtual representation of all of the balls in the trough. You can also go into "Playfield Module" and test specific playfield features (like the Ship in LL-EE, all of the magnets and diverter posts in CCR, and the Crane, diverters, and left ramp launcher in Heist).
For the left ramp launching that you're looking to tweak (for ROCs w/ the Heist playfield), Diagnostics will be a big help. The only quirk you'll have to deal with is... I think right now you can only change operator settings while at the main menu. So, you'll go into Under Playfield, test a feature, decide what to tweak, exit that menu, open operator settings and change the feature, go back into Under Playfield, and try it again. Rinse and repeat.
Diagnostics is your friend. If you need to test something and Diags won't help you do it, please submit a feature request.
- Gerry

Got it! There sure is a lot here. Taking it in, forming a plan

#689 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballShoppe:

...I wonder what licencing would be required to make a P3 a Spotify Connect device

I’m just thinking load up MP3s which you can do on a consoles, from original Xbox on up. But in-game. Making a jukebox would be cool but then the game just sits there!

#691 3 years ago

It's P3 game night tonight! I'll be streaming the new Heist code update, plus the return of Rocs and B A R N Y A R D
Live at 8 Eastern: http://twitch.tv/buffalopinball

I’ll be on

#692 3 years ago

Can somebody tell me how to put coil settings back to defaults? I must be overlooking it

#694 3 years ago

There are 'Reset to defaults' options are in System Manager. You can reset either app-specific settings or module-specific settings to defaults by going to "Manage Apps" or "Manage Modules" and resetting to default.
Which setting do you want to reset? I can just look it up in the code and tell you.
- Gerry

I'll do it in the settings - I want to reset everything to defaults before I start testing and sending you guys debug logs. I've changed a lot just exploring the machine.

#701 3 years ago

SSilver full on dick move! Sorry Kev, I LOL’ed

#702 3 years ago

Not loving how I have to cancel the upper flipper. Is there a way to deactivate this?

#705 3 years ago

What do you mean by "cancel the upper flipper"? It should work just like any other flipper, just with the white button on the right of cabinet.
- Gerry

I'll take a video. The upper flipper stays extended until I hit another button. It doesn't seem to be mechanical. It's like I have to hit another flipper button to release the upper flipper. Makes things MUCH harder ! LOL

#706 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I'll take a video. The upper flipper stays extended until I hit another button. It doesn't seem to be mechanical. It's like I have to hit another flipper button to release the upper flipper. Makes things MUCH harder ! LOL

By the way the new game is pretty cool; and I can confirm that it works on the Heist playfield!

#708 3 years ago

Ahh, ok. Thanks for the description. Sounds like a mechanical or magnetic bind. We changed the way the coil stop interfaces with the bracket a few months ago to address this - a few people have had similar symptoms. Since your machine was built a few months back, it's possible yours would benefit from the change. I'll have somebody email you to make sure.
- Gerry

Got the email already from TJ! Sounds like you have a great team man

#711 3 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Ok. Where to start? I usually don’t comment about a new game until I have had it a while, and even then I don’t usually have a lot to say. but I thought my experience might be useful for others expecting a P3 with Heist (or thinking about getting one).
1. If your game is coming via FedEx, the onus is on you, once you get the shipping number from Gerry, to contact FedEx and arrange delivery. In a perfect world they will call you, in my world it sat at their depot on delivery day not moving. Their customer service line is automated and it almost takes an act of God to get though to a human, but once you do, schedule your delivery.
2. Jesus this game is heavy!!! It took three of us to get it up an incline and into my front door. I have an older house and my game room is in the basement. I could not use the back stairs into the game room because they are the old style…high and narrow. So, had to get it from my living room down two small flights of stairs. Uncrated it is heavy as well. If weight is an issue, remove the upper playfield. Heist module is heavy on its own. Do not try and do this alone. I would even recommend have someone help you when you decide to take out the Heist UP to swap in a different game. It is an incredibly innovative PF module and there is a lot going on with it and this is reflected in the weight.
3. I had the usual issues that you will see when any NIB pin has been bouncing around in a truck for close to a week. P3 includes a list of connections to double check in the back-box that might have come loose, but in addition my video to PF monitor came unplugged as was the USB cable to the UP module. The UP module moved up about a quarter of an inch too, so make sure it is flush with the LP before plugging it in. A screw also came loose in my crane and blocked it from retracting. You might get a drumming burst from the bass speaker ever six or seven seconds. This goes away once you connect to Wi-Fi. I got mine at about 5 PM. At about 10 PM I finally sat down and sent MM an E-mail with the crane issue and I had a reply within 15 minutes, and a call early the next morning to walk me though the fix. MM also has a whole line of video tutorials on YouTube.
4. I’m still on a learning curve somewhat because MM has really done some inventive things with this platform. I’ve played a P3 before, but only at a friend’s arcade. But, it’s not that hard to figure out, though I did pester Gerry and TJ multiple times in the first two days. Today (day 3) I updated all the software—and didn’t have to call MM once!
5. Game play is a lot of fun. Watch the Buffalo Pinball set up for the P3 and game-play videos for Heist (I think Kevin has one for Lexy as well). I thought it was going to be a steep curve to negotiate three buttons but after a few days I don’t find it difficult at all, though right now I do suck at hitting the upper flipper shot.
If you are on the fence then I would just say go for it. With the games in the current repertoire and a promise of things to come (Gerry…I want my horror theme!) I think you will really enjoy this pin. It really is unlike any other machine I have seen or owned and it’s just a lot of fun to play. [quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you for posting this!

JESUS THIS GAME IS HEAVY IS RIGHT! Luckily, there are all those great videos on how to disassemble the game.

** Multimorphic support IS AMAZING!! I have had 3 (all relatively minor issues - annoying, but normal, minor things) and have had 3 extraordinarily thorough and fast responses. There's a wiki for what seems like everything!

Thanks for the reminder about the setup video - that is one thing I am having trouble with, as our floor is super un-level, and I've been lazy about getting the measuring device. The onboard P3 level sensor is fantastic, but it is actually a bit too sensitive for me to be able figure out yet. So the Buffalo video...

I'm not quite sold on the 3rd button yet. It's a little *too* different, and I find it gets in the way of my (poor already) flow because you have to keep readjusting your hands. My hands cramp up after a while because of how I'm holding them, which I do not like. Sometimes I skip the "one more game" even though I want to play, because it's just time for a break. So I strongly, strongly suggest figuring out a way to make those work more like the traditional 2-stage buttons.

I KEEP finding new things in Heist, which is very cool. The game is a tad bit hard early on (WAY too hard for my kid, which made me a little sad), until you line up Jail multiball or Crane, or Police multiball. Only today discovered the awesome 2-ball "Cat Burglar" multiball, which I must never have gotten far enough to start. I've got my settings on as easy as possible, and still dialing in my shots.

I LOVE when you break out multiple characters out of jail. Wish the multiballs lasted a bit longer - guess I just have to get more familiar with the game! (and yes I have a lot of JJP games so I'm sure that's influenced me haha)

I also got the new "Shoot & Scoot" game, which is great. Excellent way to get better at holding and being precise with your shots. Love the Dungeon level! Absolutely worth the (IMO, meager) cost.

#716 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

TJ is awesome... wait; what are we talking about again?
I haven't visited with my Friends in Round Rock since Feb.
COVID is the sux

Support! I had a couple issues out of the box with launching balls to the ramps.

NBD really and I got it sorted out. MM support was ready with a wiki AND video AND written documentation on how to address. I have one other thing I need to deal which, just haven’t had time yet. Very thorough

1 week later
#726 3 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Does anyone else feel like the name of this game should be Jail bird??
[quoted image]

Yep, that’s how most of my games go too! I’ve cranked up to 5 balls, max timers on the modes, long ball saves and I still can’t complete more than 1 or 2 per game! Never finished a Heist, I’ve maybe started 3 or 4 ever. I’m not a great player but I definitely can get things to happen on other games. So a bit frustrating (IMO this game is way too daunting for a new player - too hard to start multiballs). But I’m going to keep trying!

#730 3 years ago

Characters getting jailed isn't necessarily a bad thing. Think of it as qualifying jailbreak multiball!
But seriously... most games don't give you a story-related meaning to failing a mode; you just move on to the next one. You don't have to complete the modes in Heist to progress through the game. You just have to attempt them and either bribe your way out of jail (collect those donuts!) or run a jailbreak multiball to free up characters for mini-wizard modes and then the final heist.
- Gerry

I really like the jail concept, that is really creative - it can prolong a game if you have a lot of people getting locked up, but.. isn't that a good thing? I had a game yesterday where all my characters were in jail, and I started the jail multiball - insanity ensued! I think I got 4 of them out, which was pretty darn good.

#732 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Multimorphic likes to program "tough games". No gimme multiballs in their games.
I think it's because Gerry is way too good of a player... then he "hacks" back doors into his games so he gets better scores when playing against noobs. Ok, that was an joke - but with the new twitch connect feature... maybe?

No kidding! This game is brutal! On a side note - and I hope this is viewed as the constructive criticism it is intended - my son says to me today "I wanted to like this game, but it's too hard to get anything to happen." Ouch. Something to consider in terms of bringing in the family dynamic.

#735 3 years ago

Muhaha!
Possible backdoor god-mode features aside, Lexy is known to be a pretty long-playing game. A few locations asked for ways of shortening ball times. CCR Career Mode is a pretty tough / short playing game, as is Heist. Mostly that comes from the fast loops and ramp returns.
The P3 has more ways to adjust the difficulty of the machine than most machines.
- Each machine ships with a center post in the goody bag. You can optionally install it on your flipper assembly to help with center drains.
- The outlane posts on the bottom end of the side target assemblies are on swivel mounts. You can loosen the nut and rotate the post to be anywhere along its arc, making the outlane fully open, fully closed, or somewhere in between.
- The inlane/outlane divider post can be moved up or down to change the way the ball bounces between the top of the slingshot and the outlanes. The top position is the easiest, as balls clipping the slingshot will likely hit the post and bounce back into play. The bottom position makes the game much more difficult, as balls clipping the slingshot might completely miss the post and go out the outlane. For even more difficult play, remove that post entirely!

Given the above difficult tweaks, let's chat through why your game thinks the game is too hard. Is the ball draining a lot, or are the rules too hard?
If the ball is draining too much and making it not fun to play, adjust some or all of the items above. If good shots are draining (like a smooth shot to the inner loop), then a ball guide might need to be tweaked. Good shots should never drain.
The rules are set up like many games. Things like the crane coming out to qualify side-jobs should happen on almost every ball for every skill level. Hitting a shot 3 times to qualify a character mode is pretty common difficulty. Modes being 3-4 shots are pretty typical too. That said, we think the game should be tweakable for average skill level players to get all characters qualified for the final Heist maybe 20% of the time they play the game. We suggest going through the operator settings (Settings -> Gameplay -> General) and adjusting to your liking. If you wish you had more settings to tweak, let us know which ones.
Also, take advantage of the profile system. It's very powerful. You can change the difficultly settings for your profile and then set them differently for your son. Then just make sure to select the desired profile when starting your game (you can change it while launch is pending, in case you forgot to select the profile when hitting 'start'). You can even save/restore the state of the game. So if you want your son to have an easier experience, maybe save a game under his profile with all of the characters pre-qualified or something. Then let him start a game and restore that state and play from there.
As always, we're all ears. If something isn't fun for you, let us know what tweaks what would it more fun. We'll either happily change it or give you a good/logical reason why we won't.
- Gerry

Wow, that is an impressive response, Gerry. I’ll put some thought into it and try to give you constructive, actionable (or not..haha) details

#741 3 years ago

I will say that simply sliding those outlane adjustments in a little bit can make a huge difference in drains on the sides. Give it a try!

I did! I’m just not good enough, LOL

#742 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I added the center post, slid the lanes just a bit and went to 5 ball. Now I'm starting to complete some characters, have collected a couple of McGuffins and have even completed a 2 person Heist. The timers are what get me.

Basically same thing I did - I also increased the timers to about 60. You need to get control of the ball right away and nail every shot without missing too much, and I’m just not good enough at the default settings.

I really really like getting the McGuffins via the scoop! That is such a cool additional shot

#745 3 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Leo must be related to the Rock
[quoted image]

holy crap, how did I miss that! LOL

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#748 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

LOL!
Great find. Gotta make you raise an eyebrow or two.
I'm wondering if there is a Heist DLC in the future with TheRock doing voice acting for The character.

Well we are working on updates to Twilight Zone callouts.. we can certainly try!!

1 month later
#761 3 years ago

Curious if there’s an update in the works - I’ve had a couple bugs an

Quoted from Cyrus:

Guys, where in settings can you extend the time for the modes in Heist? Thanks.

Under "gameplay" - I have mine cranked. I can't figure out how to get the ball under control quickly enough to hit all the shots on the default settings. You ( I ) basically have to make each shot perfectly the first time otherwise I can't get the ball back in time. Maybe I have time for 1 brick. Cranking them up to 60s makes it easier to obtain. I think part of the reason its so hard is because there doesn't seem to be a way to get extra time other than starting a multiball.

#764 3 years ago

Big Heist update on the way according to Gerry in the P3 owners thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club/page/12#post-6153341

Looking forward to it! I don't think Ger didn't committed to a date yet. but it will be "THE BIGGEST MOST INTEGRATED WIZARD MODE EVER!!"

EDIT: SEE! ^^^^^

1 month later
#771 3 years ago

Wow! That came out SO much sooner than I expected! How cool is this

3 months later
#818 2 years ago

I’m having some trouble with my jail settings - the door does not seem to stop in it’s up or down position consistently, and I’m getting rejects because the door does not appear to go up all the way.

MM support (TJ) suggested I make sure my scoops and walls were all level with the playfield so as to reduce potential airballs. That made a HUGE difference with the flow of the game but did not fix the issue with the jail. Now that I’ve been fooling with it I’m not sure how to land on the exact correct settings.

So first off, Does anyone have a photo of the jail all the way up so I know what I’m aiming for

And second, what are your settings ?

#820 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

gstellenberg can help you out! I will upload a picture of my settings tommorow . As I don’t have my heist installed at the moment

I know he can! I’ve been bugging the support guys a little bit this week, but wanted to hear some real world experiences too

.. and thanks! Bedankt!

#822 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

The heist and silver falls shouls

Let me get a pic!
EDIT: hope these help
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks! That helps me out a ton. It seems like for the most part it is raising the proper amount, but I have to figure out why it's not consistently going to those settings. Sometimes the gate isnt' raised far enough, or it doesn't quite come all the way down, but other times it's perfect.

#827 2 years ago

That shouldn't happen. It should consistently get to the up and down positions every time. PM sent. We'll get to the bottom of it!
- Gerry

Got your email, checking the game in a bit! Thanks for always going over and above with support!!

3 months later
#829 2 years ago

Put up a pretty damn good game (for me) last night after finally remembering to try the “save” and “restore” feature. I start lots of games with my profile but just never remember to save.

Does the save/restore keep track of what ball you are on, or just progress in modes and score? I didn’t take note of this last night

Man, those multiballs are brutal! I’ve had more games than I care to remember where my Crane MB score is like 10,000, or worse, 0!

#831 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

When you “restore” a save state, it starts over at ball 1.
Yeaaaaah I still need to pull the glass and get everyone in jail and save it. Breaking everyone out as a reverse multiball is intense!
I have a few save states and when guests are over it’s fun to load them up for guests to try specific things: like breaking ppl out of jail, a big heist; or other rooms on silver falls

Great ideas!

#832 2 years ago

I need to make a list, but There do seem to be a handful of bugs in the game - I know the MM has a ton of stuff still planned for release, but I’m curious if there are any plans for a bug fix release ?

#834 2 years ago

Rdoyle1978 - Yes, we'll continue releasing updates for all of our games when we have bug fixes or new features to add. We have a couple of known items to fix on Heist, but the list is actually pretty short. So please make sure to send any issues you've found. With SysMan 3.1.0.0 or higher, you can update logs with just a couple of button presses. So... turn on "All" logging in Heist, play until you encounter an issue. The go to SysMan -> Manage Apps -> Heist -> Manage Logs -> Send Log to Multimorphic. Ideally then follow up by opening a ticket on our support site describing the problem and when/how you noticed it.
- Gerry

My list is fairly short as well; I can't even remember what the bugs were - minor things to be sure. Hey, I can submit logs via wifi now!

3 weeks later
#836 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Heist enters the Top 100:
[quoted image]

nice! Now how do we get a mod to approve all the reviews I added?

#840 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

congrats to Heist, one of the few games to ever sit above Medieval Madness in the charts, and the one game that took the LONGEST to get on the chart to do it.
Most games that top MM are there for a week or two as the LE owners have their honeymoon phase, but to come out on top after this amount of time? Very impressive

Enough people actually have the game by now, it seems

#844 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

in the week since Heist was #2 on the Top 100 list it went from 25 ratings and a 9.201 rating, to 55 ratings and 8.126
(the math shows that of those 30 ratings accrued in the last week, the average score was 7.23)

Yes, it was review bombed. Expected, but sort of pathetic.

Only 2 of the negative reviewers actually had the guts to post a comment. Aah well, back to complaining about how the Top 100 is so unfair!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Machine - For Sale
Meriden, CT
$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heist-revealed-by-multimorphic?tu=Rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.