IMG_8139 (resized).jpg
8ECE6551-B1FC-438A-B117-EFDD11722245_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
7F0C41B6-5198-4EB7-A673-DCA264582295_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
57C8A65A-1DA0-4D8A-8D66-D87153D184CC_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
22F47281-AEB4-49E9-9668-5E45E3087EF7_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #71 Gerry's first comments Posted by gstellenberg (4 years ago)

Post #92 Lost of pictures and one video Posted by solarvalue (4 years ago)

Post #143 News about current production Posted by gstellenberg (4 years ago)

Post #236 Stream announcement Posted by gstellenberg (4 years ago)

Post #247 Podcast on game. Posted by bingopodcast (4 years ago)

Post #263 Twitch link Posted by frolic (4 years ago)

Post #374 Software update Posted by gstellenberg (3 years ago)

Post #733 Adjusting difficulty Posted by gstellenberg (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mbecker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Not to shift the conversation from Heist!, which looks awesome, but to anyone who was turned off by the shallow nature of P3's CCR, they released a new 2.0 software/rules update to that this week as well, which makes it a completely different game. I got CCR a year ago and played it for about a week. It's been collecting dust since then. The new rules package makes it a full-featured game, and I'm really enjoying the flow and the new rules.
So...effectively 2 new P3 games were released this week, and they are both available for immediate delivery. Super Cool!
Now's a perfect time for someone who's been on the fence to jump into the P3, maybe with one of their Heist! release multi-game package deals.

I sold mine not too long after ccr launched and now am wishing I still had it ! Would love to try new ccr rules, and definitely put some time on heist! Very cool!!!

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

They have shown a concept of the floating pop bumper that could go on the lower 2/3 of the playfield. Look forward to seeing that come to life along with other lower playfield add ons

And it’s already been pointed out— typically many games don’t have much in the lower two/third, you just dont realize it because the p3 Actually has a divide there . But adding the scoops and the wall targets... Yes it’s always the same lower but I think that’s a fair trade off for a swappable system.

The integration of collecting cash from the atm on the screen is pretty cool sounding as well, and I love the ability to show dynamic art which looks well integrated here.

It’s not a traditional table, and def not a virtual pinball. I don’t know if a term has been coined to incapsulate it?

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Is there any reason why ramp entrances can’t extend over the screen?

They could but they’d block the scoops And walls above the screen where the ramp went over , and interfere with ball tracking for a Small portion of the screen most likely as the IR grid is criss cross above the screen. But you could def do it..

76 likes so far, I’d say this title is definitely garnered some interest! Nice job multimorphic !

#192 4 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I don't see how this story can be worse than Dialed In. I mean at least this makes sense.
Heist: a group of small-time criminals band together to rob the crooked mayor of Ocean City.
Dialed In: a guy purchases a phone which has the power to start disasters in Quantum City, you are trying to start (or maybe stop - it's not clear) the disasters while the organisation who made the phone tries to get it back.
Which of these makes more sense?

I love heist movies, and to me this is about one if the best themes/stories you can do outside a license that is appealing and recognizable to So many. Great choice imo!

1 week later
#295 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I was thinking some upside down pop bumpers suspended over the LCD would be really cool with screen animations underneath them. Explosions and such.
And I love that pinball people are writing homemade code for completely new games using the same playfields. Passionate pinball people writing the code, not some 8 to 5 clock watching, working stiff.
Sorry for the delay in posting box opening pictures of Heist but I hope to have them today.

Yeah I’m surprised we haven’t seen those yet. My only concern with other floating items above the LCD is how they will install/uninstall. The upper flipper is perfect as once installed, it stays thru module swaps w/out interference. The side rails are great for attaching Any number if mechs or devices but you do have to slide the device in/out to the correct spot and then lock it down there and make wire connections. Hoping for some quick release type of thing For each mech and maybe the LCD could indicate where they go position-wise?

#299 4 years ago
Quoted from foobeer:

The "floating items" are just one single lower playfield module that can be swapped out the same as the upper playfield module. Check out this video of Gerry removing the lower playfield module to get to the LCD. Unplug a single connector and slides right out.
The way they made everything modular is brilliant and makes it very adaptable for future innovations. And yes, as a software engineer, I am becoming quite the fanboy of the p3 system.
[quoted image]

Yeah, I’m speaking from the pov of a former owner — the rail system is awesome for sliding stuff in and out. The whole flipper assembly works well here. Sliding in,say, a pop bumper assembly presents more challenges because you need it to be at the right position, and adds time to the overall playfield swap, especially if your having to tighten down a screw or lugs to secure it in position to the rail. I’m sure there’s an elegant solution, just curious to see what it ends up being.

#326 4 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

I don’t own a P3 and sorry to hear your game was damaged upon shipping and P3 is taking care of sending you a replacement. Also like hearing that there customer service has been outstanding under the circumstances of the Pandemic. However, I feel your review under the state of which the game arrived was pretty negative and unfair to P3. The playfield was damaged...why provide a review?? Look forward to reading your review when the replacement arrives.

Would have to agree.. feel your frustration in getting a damaged pf and trying to make the best of it and getting those drains —but it’s strange to write several negative paragraphs about mechanics and then follow it up with saying you’ll reserve overall judgement for later when u get the new pf.

It’s hard to imagine multimorphic would design a shot that drains 90% of the time its hit.. something else has to be going on still..??. maybe your whole pf warped when it was damaged? Interested to hear an opinion once pf is swapped out

2 months later
#396 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

great testimonial for them! What are some examples are things the machine does that no other machine has done?

For one - floating flippers and slings above an lcd screen.

Modularity had been experimented with in pin2k and heighway but multimorphic took that to a new level, not only with the playfield but Also with Swappable components.

Also interactivity between a ball and an lcd screen - again, kinda done in pin2k and gb/di with the reflections but this is actual interaction with a physical ball and full on screen.

WiFi games, multiple games on the same playfield layout, the whole walls and scoops is pretty innovative as well.
I’m sure I’m missing a few things..

1 month later
#507 3 years ago
Quoted from Gtrefraction:

Make the P3 $7k and it might gain a following. I would consider this platform a kickstarter type approach to pinball. It has great potential and I know they have been trying to gain traction for years now but it needs to look more appealing to those considering a premium Stern or JJP. It’s a travesty that this game has so few owners it can’t even get rated after months.

New prem sterns are In the $7k zone.. And aren’t JJPs also in the $8-10k zone? And they seem to price creep every year?For single games?? While it would be amazing if the base P3 was $7k, you’re buying a whole platform not a single game so there’s really no comparison in that sense. You have to factor in the platform investment and then quickly realize cost savings with additional modules.

..not to mention that stern is basically doing a rinse and repeat vs a company that engineered (And continues to pioneer new concepts) a totally new experience from the ground up.. pricing seems pretty damn reasonable (albeit at higher end of new pinball). I think if stern had attempted the same thing, it would be $15-20k base and not nearly as well designed for serviceability. If JJP did it, they probably wouldNt have been able to launch it after sinking a ton of $$ and needing to charge $25k base to break even.

It’s a niche market but seems to be growing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Meriden, CT
$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 20.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mbecker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heist-revealed-by-multimorphic?tu=Mbecker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.