Heist-Update_HD_V3 (resized).jpg
F9759C57-28C7-4028-A4AC-48E1F9698091 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8139 (resized).jpg
8ECE6551-B1FC-438A-B117-EFDD11722245_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
7F0C41B6-5198-4EB7-A673-DCA264582295_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
57C8A65A-1DA0-4D8A-8D66-D87153D184CC_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
22F47281-AEB4-49E9-9668-5E45E3087EF7_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 862 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 18.
#351 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

It's not $0 for those who already have a P3. It's $900 to add on.

Oh, OK, carry on.

#352 4 years ago

Typically, the content is an easy way to see at-a-glance progress or scores in games like Lexy or Heist. Pretty helpful if you have more than one person playing. For the homebrew game I'm finishing up now, you wouldn't be able to see your stats at all without it. I bought mine after the fact and have been very happy with it. The monitor itself is a very high quality arcade monitor and has great color quality and clarity.

Before the upgrade, if my family played a game, we wouldn't be able to see each others' scores unless we crowded on the active player.

#353 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

It's not $0 for those who already have a P3. It's $900 to add on.

To avoid any confusion, the backbox display is included for free only in the "Heist special". With that special, you get a P3 with Heist, the upper flipper, and the backbox display for $9,995. We also have a special where you can get a P3 with the backbox display, upper flipper, and all games we currently offer for $15,995. Both of these offers expire tomorrow (4/17). Order now to reserve a spot in the build queue.

The backbox display is great for showing off additional game content and information for people watching at home or on location. Most of our games show dynamic content on the backbox display now, and the rest of them show the game-specific translite image.

The upgrade has been really popular. About 80% of customers have upgraded. The display makes such a difference and has been so popular that, barring other promotions, we won't be offering the P3 without it anymore.

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#354 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Quick question: does the LCD make a difference? I understand it is nice to have a backglass for each individual game and to have the display where everyone can see it. But is it worth the upgrade? So far, it does not appear that any game has unique backglass assets.

The backbox display is a fabulous upgrade in my personal opinion. Best thing I ever did to mine. I am glad to see they will be now including it by default. The system was made for it.

It saves me from having to buy translites for each module or game that I own, which is wonderful. The different games do offer unique data displays in most cases, while in-game, and that will only get better now that designers can pretty much count on a P3 having one. I do believe there's a lot more that can be done there. Think digital versions of things like the Scared Stiff spider or even small minigames on the backbox eventually. I only wish they had digital side art

#355 4 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

I only wish they had digital side art

Nice idea! Tricky with today's technology, but Samsung (and others?) have pre-production roll-up screens that they've been demoing at trade shows for a couple of years. Give it time and the roll-on magnet side art could very well have an active display built in!

Homepin had electro-luminescent (glowing) paint on the side art for the pre-production Thunderbirds I saw a few years back. Problem is that it creates a huge amount of EM noise, so it might not have made it past the pre-production models. Not as neat as a full display, but blinking elements on the otherwise static artwork looked pretty cool.

#356 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Quick question: does the LCD make a difference? I understand it is nice to have a backglass for each individual game and to have the display where everyone can see it. But is it worth the upgrade? So far, it does not appear that any game has unique backglass assets.

Yes it is worth it. Looks great and lots of information on it. BUY IT.

#357 4 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

The display makes such a difference and has been so popular that, barring other promotions, we won't be offering the P3 without it anymore.

Aw man! Now I'm going to be that guy with the low-rent janky P3, because I'm too cheap for that particular upgrade.

- Mark

#358 4 years ago
Quoted from Shaker:

ow I'm going to be that guy with the low-rent janky P3,

There's always one. How can you buy a high tech machine an NOT have the back box animated?

Honestly; I choose the monitor upgrade over CCR1.0 because I like the idea of the machine having even more screens. I mean; come on... what pinball machine comes "stock" with at least 3 LCDs in it? Cannon Lagoon; that's who.

I totally think the monitor is worth it... because I don't have to concern myself with art not matching the final game. Whenever Gerry invents OLED side art for a reasonable price I'm totally down with it. (tehhehehe)

CCR does use the Backbox LCD for sure. Lexy is mainly static - I think - IIRC. I don't know what or how Heist uses the back box display as I haven't taken the time to watch the streams/videos... because I don't want to be depressed about the covid screwing my chances.

Now that CCR2.0 is out; I'm probably going to revisit that decision. I think I'll buy Heist first; then CCR. May need to convert that old IT RACK into a Multimorphic storage rack.

#359 4 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

How can you buy a high tech machine an NOT have the back box animated?

Quoted from Zitt:

I choose the monitor upgrade over CCR1.0 because I like the idea of the machine having even more screens.

Quoted from Zitt:

Whenever Gerry invents OLED side art for a reasonable price I'm totally down with it.

I want a back box display. Finance wise, I have to make some choices. So, I going to focus on playfield modules.

As long as I can afford to, I'll probably buy every traditional playfield module released for the P3, along with it's apron magnet and translight.

I save a little cash by using the "generic" P3 side art.

I have each translight mounted on it's own glass for easy swapping.

It's great that the P3 allows us to make these choices.

Quoted from Zitt:

I think I'll buy Heist first; then CCR.

You have made the correct decision!

- Mark

#360 4 years ago

Game looks great and I hope to play it soon. Wanted to grab the package deal just couldn't make it happen this time around, maybe I can pick one up on the used Market or I'll be keeping my eye out for the next sale!

#361 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Is there any reason why ramp entrances can’t extend over the screen?

I have asked the same question. I think soon, P3 will have floating ramps out into the LCD screen. I think that's what's next, and I am PUMPED to see it. Imagine a set of ramps extending down and floating over (flaps lightly touching) the LCD screen, to change the entire depth of the upper third of the PF. THIS would blow the competition out of the water.

I can see it now....beautiful long ramps stretching and landing just 15 inches from the flippers, a ramp configuration like Wonka, or dialed in, perfectly placed, close to the player, and entirely fun! the idea of increasing shallower shots would change the entire public opinion, and ultimate playing satisfaction of the platform. I have heard people complain that P3 is ONLY deep shots, no shot variety. I think that opinion is short sighted, and fails to recognize the fact that a majority of machines have upper third shot focus already; they just dont have the same bottom two thirds populated the same way.

I have already ordered Heist, so I am in no matter what; its that good already. I am just super pumped to see whats next, on top of being pumped to play this game. so freaking excited !!!!!!!!!! as an owner of stern, williams, and JJP, i can say that no other manufacturer has my imagination going crazy like P3 is. I am dreaming of the possibilities that they are capturing for their next ideas. I'm grateful to be part of this new element of Pinball.

#362 4 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

I have already ordered Heist, so I am in no matter what; its that good already. I am just super pumped to see whats next, on top of being pumped to play this game. so freaking excited !!!!!!!!!! as an owner of stern, williams, and JJP, i can say that no other manufacturer has my imagination going crazy like P3 is. I am dreaming of the possibilities that they are capturing for their next ideas. I'm grateful to be part of this new element of Pinball.

Same here! I bought a used p3 with Lexy a few weeks ago and have Heist on order. The machine and platform are so well engineered and thought out, I am excited about the current games and all the future possibilities. I've taken most of the modules off just to see how it's all put together and it's amazing. It's very well designed and everything just slides and/or latches into place with ease. From big things like changing out playfield modules to small things like showing the incline and level right on the screen for easy adjustment, it's just very refreshing to have so much TLC go into the design to make it a pleasant experience.

Multimorphic and p3 don't yet have the exposure or credit that they deserve, but I'm confident with the release of Heist and future games, others will see the possibilities and hopefully jump on the hype train.

I should also mention that I've had a few questions and even though I purchased my P3 used, Gerry and the Multimorphic team have been super responsive and helpful to answer them all. Great company with great products!

#363 4 years ago
Quoted from Shaker:

I save a little cash by using the "generic" P3 side art.

I have each translight mounted on it's own glass for easy swapping.

Show us your setup!

#364 4 years ago
Quoted from Shaker:

As long as I can afford to, I'll probably buy every traditional playfield module released for the P3, along with it's apron magnet and translight.

Translites w/ separate glass plus the apron magnet x 4 playfields is half the cost of the backbox monitor right there. Just sayin'...

#365 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Translites w/ separate glass plus the apron magnet x 4 playfields is half the cost of the backbox monitor right there. Just sayin'...

Apron doesn't count, as I'd get that either way.

With translights at $50 and glass at $25 (purchased few at a time), break-even is 12 translights.

At the moment I have translights for Lexy and CCR. Heist is paid for and will be on the way after the printer finishes with the pandemic related stuff.

I'll look forward to the day that I'm the wrong end of this, $$$ wise.

- Mark

#366 4 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Show us your setup!

Assuming you mean my P3 set-up, not my whole basement...

Of course the P3 is at the end of row, for easy playfield swaps.

My basement has 3 closets next to the P3, where I'm stashing the playfield modules and translights.
Each time I get a new playfield module, I have to choose what stuff has to go to make room. :-s

I just installed artwork protectors. They reflect, making it difficult to get a good pic of the side art.

- Mark

20200419_150947 (resized).jpg20200419_150947 (resized).jpg20200419_151055 (resized).jpg20200419_151055 (resized).jpg20200419_151318 (resized).jpg20200419_151318 (resized).jpg
#367 4 years ago
Quoted from Shaker:

Assuming you mean my P3 set-up, not my whole basement...

Cool, that generic artwork actually looks sharp, better than I thought after seeing pics on their website. The cabinet protectors look nice too, why did you get them? Purely for aesthetic reasons?

#368 4 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Cool, that generic artwork actually looks sharp, better than I thought after seeing pics on their website. The cabinet protectors look nice too, why did you get them? Purely for aesthetic reasons?

I have one of the early P3s that used magnetic paint. The attraction between the paint and the magnetic side art was not strong enough, so the side art would curl at the edges. I got the side art protectors to solve that issue.

Newer P3s should not have this issue as they have metal panels, rather than the magnetic paint.

- Mark

P.S.

I just took a close look at the generic P3 artwork shown on the Multimorphic website, and the "same" artwork on my P3.

The artwork I received is way better than shown online. It has a very stealth look with a dark red logo on a dark blue background in a mat finish.
Maybe it's do to printing variations, but the Multimorphic "m" in the background is not visible on my P3's side art.

When I installed the side art protectors: I lost the mat finish, but gained an armored look.

#369 4 years ago

I have the generic p3 artwork on order and I'm glad to see that yours looks great. I couldn't find any examples online of it on an actual machine.

#370 3 years ago

I am so jealous of those cabinets, Shaker! What an awesome and convenient way to store your play fields near the machine!

#371 3 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

I am so jealous of those cabinets, Shaker! What an awesome and convenient way to store your play fields near the machine!

And those 3 cabinets are right next to to "The Fridge of Beer"!

My basement has a total of 11 of those cabinets, which I have almost filled with my various hobby crap.

I can't take any credit though, the cabinets were there when I bought the house.

- Mark

#372 3 years ago
Quoted from Shaker:

My basement has a total of 11 of those cabinets, which I have almost filled with my various hobby crap.

So... 9 more new playfields before you'll break a sweat? Got it.

- Gerry

#373 3 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

So... 9 more new playfields before you'll break a sweat? Got it.
- Gerry

Actually, each cabinet can hold 2 playfields as is. 3 with a little fiddling.

Better get back to work!!!

- Mark

3 weeks later
#374 3 years ago

The following Heist updates are now available:

Game: 0.7.9.3
Module Driver: 0.9.2.2

Please install both the app and the module driver.

Change log:

App:
0.7.9.3:
- Added tilt warnings and tilt
- Added tilt callouts and graphics
- Added audio clip for low time remaining
- Added money gameplay settings to fine-tune Crane Multiball start thresholds
- Added 'residual' shot handling, scoring, and sound effects
- Added Perfect Crime feature (perfect shot sequence made during character modes)
- Improved detection of Pick-N-Roll successful shot.
- Improved Hack the Planet side job scoop shot detection
- Updated visuals for Cat Burglar mode
- Better handling of fast collection of parts in Cat Burglar mode
- Backbox visuals for Crane Kaboom now in synch with playfield visuals
- Updated high score name entry background
- Score character qualifier shots after award (MacGuffin) earned
- Fixed issue where Cat Burglar initial pickup would not always start correctly if mode was both qualified and started on the same shot
- Fixed issue where ball lock would not clear locked balls between balls under some conditions
- Fixed issue where Cat Burglar mode would not always wait for successful crane pickup before launching additional balls to begin mode
- Fixed issue where ball launch pause requests would not be cleared if pause-er aborted before rescinding request, resulting in failed ball launches
- Updated Cat Burglar mode to proceed with alternate rules if initial VUK launch to lock or subsequent crane pickup to start mode fail
- Fixed issue where some side job modes would disable but not re-enable ball search
- Updated ball search to re-try crane pickup if crane pickup request is still pending when ball search is issued
- Fixed issue where pending lock status would not be cleared even if no balls were available to lock
- Fixed issue where pending lock status would not be cleared if lock request was rescinded between ball launch to lock and ball settling in lock
- Updated Crane Multiball to proceed with alternate rules if initial VUK launch to lock or subsequent crane pickup to start multiball knockoff sequence fail
- Fixed issue where multiballs would not end if second-to-last ball was drained while remaining ball was midway through being re-launched into play

Module Driver:
0.9.2.2:
- Fixed issue where left ramp validation would fail when ramp ramp diverter position was changed mid-launch
- Fixed issue where crane pickup would not report failure if additional failure criteria were met midway through failed pickup reset, resulting in crane hang until next maneuver
- Fixed issue where spurious ball-on-crane switch activity would confuse crane state
- Fixed issue where ball falling into left ramp VUK in the period between VUK launch and VUK launch validation was not reported
- Updated default outer loop behavior to divert to pop area instead of gobble hole

- Gerry

Heist_v0.7.9.3 (resized).jpgHeist_v0.7.9.3 (resized).jpg
#376 3 years ago

Excellent. I know what I’ll be installing this weekend.

#377 3 years ago

Had an opportunity to play this game this week. Wow this is their home run no question. Every detail is great and the animations are spot on. Hope to get one of these some day soon.

#378 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Had an opportunity to play this game this week. Wow this is their home run no question. Every detail is great and the animations are spot on. Hope to get one of these some day soon.

that is awesome to hear! My kid has been mad at me for selling Dialed In for about a year - this may be a good replacement!

#379 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

If you aren't following the Cosmic Cart Racing thread, we also just announced head-to-head CCR gameplay over the internet. It's a free update. All CCR game kit owners can update now and race against others over the internet! A bunch of us are going to log on for a CCR WAN party tomorrow.

- Gerry

#380 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

It was great seeing you and thanks for stopping by

#381 3 years ago

Just wanted to say that Heist looks great! I haven't played it, but based on the videos it looks really well done.

This game has put the entire P3 system on my radar. Maybe someday...

#382 3 years ago

I picked up my Heist playfield from the Multimorphic factory late last week, and my boys and I have been playing it pretty much non-stop since. You guys weren't kidding - this game is really fun and the crane toy is amazing! I think we've played every character mode so far, and sometimes we get to a 2 character heist. I think my top score so far is 9 million. Great job to the Multimorphic team!

#383 3 years ago
Quoted from bean_:

I picked up my Heist playfield from the Multimorphic factory late last week, and my boys and I have been playing it pretty much non-stop since. You guys weren't kidding - this game is really fun and the crane toy is amazing! I think we've played every character mode so far, and sometimes we get to a 2 character heist. I think my top score so far is 9 million. Great job to the Multimorphic team!

That's awesome to hear! What's your favorite side job?

#384 3 years ago

scouring the internet and feeling pretty dumb that i cannot find the site to download the update for the Heist game.

does anyone have the link?

thanks all...

#385 3 years ago

scouring the internet and feeling pretty dumb that i cannot find the site to download the update for the Heist game.
thanks all...

My fault - Since your order wasn't processed directly through our site, we needed to manually assign your P3 to you in the system. That's done now. So you should be able to log onto your account page on the site and see the packages.

1) Browse to www.multimorphic.com
2) Log in to your account (or click on the "Account" link at the top of the page).
3) Then click on the software tab.

Make sure to download the latest Heist app AND Heist module driver. Throw them on a USB stick, put the USB stick into the USB port just inside the coin door, go into the System Manager app -> Install Software -> From USB, and install both packages.

- Gerry

#386 3 years ago

thanks all...

Let us know how you are enjoying the P3 when you have had a chance to play it for a bit.

#387 3 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

That's awesome to hear! What's your favorite side job?

We all like the crane bash one the best. The A/V response to hitting the crane is really satisfying. The upper flipper loop shot is really fun too. I think our record is 3.

#388 3 years ago

putting a ton of games on lexy and Heist. my son LOVES heist, as do I. honestly, Heist is a cut above most, if not 99% of all pinball machines i have ever played. the ball diversion and emergence which keeps the player engaged really highlights the P3 system's strengths. the screen on the backbox is VIVID and beautiful. the pf LCD is exceptionally well done; the animations and shot directives are exactly what i wanted when i bought the platform. it is amazing how Multimorphic had no real precedent to start from with this platform; they were the pioneers. what is amazing is that without any real other hardware to copy or imitate, they were able to engineer and execute this platform so well. it feels like they had everything planned so perfectly and all problems were foreseen, so they could code for any issues ahead of time, and ensure the hardware would be reliable and fun. the platform's ability to send and accept a ball from multiple places on the pf module keeps it VERY interesting. I just love how that works. the modes and shot patterns on Heist are exceptionally well planned; somebody at multimorphic deserves alot of credit for creating that sort of mix of shots and times with hurryups all over. I love the risk/reward of gathering heist teammates and starting or waiting for another teammate. the ramps are smooth as silk, but not the easiest shot to find. the loops are beautiful and the upper flipper is very well engineered and works, though not as repeatable as i would have hoped.

Lexy is a surprisingly great game. the sounds are really top notch, and it is difficult, yet attainable and rewarding. I love the multiball modes, and what the screen is doing during those modes. It is simply masterfully done. I can't believe how much I love playing both games. Lexy is a very fun original theme; one of the best original themes IMO. I really love the voice acting. the voice and sound work are really really good. next level sound and voice with exceptional audio quality.

What i can say is that this platform is waaaayy better value/bang for your buck than other games. I have owned all manufacturer games (CGC, Stern, JJP, Williams) and never felt like the money i paid was totally worth it. I just loved the games so i bought them. P3 gives me what i believe is the best value for your dollar. i cant wait to see what's next and I am really excited to see who else is going in on this revolutionary game platform.

#389 3 years ago

This is consistent with what I keep reading about P3... definitely Heist in our future. Hopefully soon..

#390 3 years ago

I've always felt that Lexy was criminally underappreciated. Is it the best game ever? Surely not. But it is damn fun, and different than anything else that was out, given the diversity of physical and virtual target objectives.

And actually, I don't think it's *that* hard to figure out why it never caught on...

First, it was a slow burn in development. Gerry et al. were designing the platform while they were demoing early versions of Lexy. I think people got burnt out seeing it at shows, and may have been turned off by early iterations. Beyond that, it was the only "real" P3 game for quite a while, so invariably lots of people viewed it in the context of the $10K platform price point. I'd argue that no game is worth $10K, but this goes especially for Lexy as a perceived stand-alone. And I guess add to this that many people can't get over the ball-tracking / virtual targets and still think P3 is virtual pinball. smh

All that said, I think Lexy is a steal at $2500. I'm hoping (as is Gerry) that as the P3 subscriber base grows, the demand for their older titles comes along with it. Heist! seems like a game that may tip the scales for more people. That upper playfield is impressive and provides that virtual world that so many want to see in a pinball machine. Once people get it and play it, I can see a lot of them revisiting games like Lexy and taking a flyer on it due to the small incremental price.

#391 3 years ago

Oh, and not to undermine the Heist! game itself, but I can't wait until more developers get their hands on the SDK. A robust cityscape is such a versatile backdrop. I hope there are lots of additional "software only" games that are available in the future for this playfield.

And to that end, the flow on the CCR playfield is amazing. All those ramps and LEDs could really be utilized for some cool stuff too.

I can't wait until there is a bustling marketplace of alternate software games for these existing P3 playfields. I know that's always been Gerry's vision and I really hope it comes to fruition.

#392 3 years ago

putting a ton of games on lexy and Heist. my son LOVES heist, as do I. honestly, Heist is a cut above most, if not 99% of all pinball machines i have ever played. the ball diversion and emergence which keeps the player engaged really highlights the P3 system's strengths. the screen on the backbox is VIVID and beautiful. the pf LCD is exceptionally well done; the animations and shot directives are exactly what i wanted when i bought the platform. it is amazing how Multimorphic had no real precedent to start from with this platform; they were the pioneers. what is amazing is that without any real other hardware to copy or imitate, they were able to engineer and execute this platform so well. it feels like they had everything planned so perfectly and all problems were foreseen, so they could code for any issues ahead of time, and ensure the hardware would be reliable and fun. the platform's ability to send and accept a ball from multiple places on the pf module keeps it VERY interesting. I just love how that works. the modes and shot patterns on Heist are exceptionally well planned; somebody at multimorphic deserves alot of credit for creating that sort of mix of shots and times with hurryups all over. I love the risk/reward of gathering heist teammates and starting or waiting for another teammate. the ramps are smooth as silk, but not the easiest shot to find. the loops are beautiful and the upper flipper is very well engineered and works, though not as repeatable as i would have hoped.
Lexy is a surprisingly great game. the sounds are really top notch, and it is difficult, yet attainable and rewarding. I love the multiball modes, and what the screen is doing during those modes. It is simply masterfully done. I can't believe how much I love playing both games. Lexy is a very fun original theme; one of the best original themes IMO. I really love the voice acting. the voice and sound work are really really good. next level sound and voice with exceptional audio quality.
What i can say is that this platform is waaaayy better value/bang for your buck than other games. I have owned all manufacturer games (CGC, Stern, JJP, Williams) and never felt like the money i paid was totally worth it. I just loved the games so i bought them. P3 gives me what i believe is the best value for your dollar. i cant wait to see what's next and I am really excited to see who else is going in on this revolutionary game platform.

This is great to hear Ian. Your review on your podcast (Pinball and Cool Stuff for those who haven't found it yet) was excellent as well. I can tell you the team worked crazy hard to develop those magical pinball moments in Heist, delivering new ideas while maintaining a fun, flowy, challenging game. I ALWAYS love hearing about people's kids loving the game because one of my personal top priorities was to make the game approachable for all ages and skill levels.

I also love people recognizing the value proposition of the platform. There is no other product in this industry where every single new game released increases the value for existing customers. Like I have said elsewhere, in the last 2 months Multimorphic has:

1) Release Heist, a feature packed new game for $2750
2) Released CCR 2.0, a completely new full featured game for existing CCR owners, for FREE.
3) Released the world's first internet connected head-to-head real-time gameplay for CCR, for FREE. And this is a platform feature, not a game specific feature. So it will be come to other games in the future as well where appropriate.

The P3 is a fantastic value that only get's better with time, regardless of whether or not you choose to buy every new module.

And finally, it's great seeing Lexy get some love on here. It is a truly fun game with a ton of diverse objectives and that 8 ball physical ball lock is one of my favorite physical lock mechanisms ever. Also, fun fact, we brought back some of the voice actors from Lexy to use in Heist. I'm blessed to work with some really talented voice actors here in Houston and some of them have quite extensive imdb credits, especially in the anime world. Try and guess which characters from Heist voice acted in Lexy!

#393 3 years ago

thanks for the plug. you guys earned all the kudos ! i have an updated review episode for the podcast on heist and Lexy forthcoming. i just have to create the show template and get to recording.

I hope Multimorphic is busy getting games in boxes!!!

#394 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

This is consistent with what I keep reading about P3... definitely Heist in our future. Hopefully soon..

i highly encourage anyone to pull out the stops to buy P3. I sold 3 games just to cover this purchase; it was well worth it. the reason is that P3 is not like other machines, but its still pinball. Its kind of like having a Stern machine and a JJP machine. both are pinball, but JJP is so different than Stern. P3 is so different from both of them. the differences all make the experience so NEW, unique and fun. P3 belongs in every collection; especially a collection where all manufacturers are represented. It is comfortingly familiar, yet revolutionary and surprising in how the tech is implemented. your jaw will drop when you see what the machine does.
Simply put, the machine does things that NO pinball machine has ever done, and nobody thought could ever be done. Multimorphic team are smart....really smart; and they are free to push the envelope in developing their tech. that's the breeding ground for innovation right there.

#395 3 years ago

i highly encourage anyone to pull out the stops to buy P3. I sold 3 games just to cover this purchase; it was well worth it. the reason is that P3 is not like other machines, but its still pinball. Its kind of like having a Stern machine and a JJP machine. both are pinball, but JJP is so different than Stern. P3 is so different from both of them. the differences all make the experience so NEW, unique and fun. P3 belongs in every collection; especially a collection where all manufacturers are represented. It is comfortingly familiar, yet revolutionary and surprising in how the tech is implemented. your jaw will drop when you see what the machine does.
Simply put, the machine does things that NO pinball machine has ever done, and nobody thought could ever be done. Multimorphic team are smart....really smart; and they are free to push the envelope in developing their tech. that's the breeding ground for innovation right there.

great testimonial for them! What are some examples are things the machine does that no other machine has done?

#396 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

great testimonial for them! What are some examples are things the machine does that no other machine has done?

For one - floating flippers and slings above an lcd screen.

Modularity had been experimented with in pin2k and heighway but multimorphic took that to a new level, not only with the playfield but Also with Swappable components.

Also interactivity between a ball and an lcd screen - again, kinda done in pin2k and gb/di with the reflections but this is actual interaction with a physical ball and full on screen.

WiFi games, multiple games on the same playfield layout, the whole walls and scoops is pretty innovative as well.
I’m sure I’m missing a few things..

#397 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What are some examples are things the machine does that no other machine has done?

Internet gameplay. Multimorphic was first. CCR and heads up. Others are "reportedly" playing catchup.

Magnetic, easily swap-able Artwork

One handed pinball play.

No hold flippers as a game mode?!

Really; the only thing P3 has in common with other games of this era is the fact is a 1x1/16" ball bearing rolling around on the play surface. Everything else is new and upgraded.

#398 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What are some examples are things the machine does that no other machine has done?

So far:
- Multiple physical games via swappable upper playfield modules (about 24lbs each)
- 8-ball physical ball lock (LL-EE)
- Multi-featured ramp locks/accelerators (CCR)
- 3-axis crane with integrated bash target and magnet for carrying balls (Heist)
- Rapid fire ball launching out of multiple VUKs
- Network head-to-head gameplay (local and internet)
- Interactive lower p/f artwork
- The smoothest RGB fading in the industry
- Dynamic shot labeling and instructions
- Scores / status / animations in the playfield (where you're looking while playing)
- 10-second cabinet artwork swaps
- 60-second physical playfield swaps
- 'endless' ball trough (capable of holding more balls than one would ever need in a pinball game)
- Open source code
- Open platform mechanicals
- Best-in-breed servicability
- Handicap accessibility: one-handed play
- Player removal
- Player profiles
- Optionally different game-settings per play in the same game
- Team play (balanced or unbalanced)
- Game save/restore
- Global and event-specific audits and high score tables
- Digital leveling
- Publicly available game development kit
- Multi-machine gaming
- Optional backbox display w/ dynamic content and/or game translite images
- Free game trials

List being updated here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/p3-features

#399 3 years ago

Wow, that is definitely quite the extensive list!

I watched the video about how to do a playfield swap, how do you change out the game code? Do you just change out an SD Card, or is it all stored on a hard drive and you just select it in a menu?

#400 3 years ago

It's all on the P3's SSD. It basically has a carousel menu which allows you to start the game you want to play. The menu will "lock" any games that aren't compatible with the installed playfield and unlock the ones that are. As a P2K owner this is far simpler and far beyond anything that was done for that. There's even a devkit available (uses Unity) if you want to create your own game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Machine - For Sale
Meriden, CT
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 862 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heist-revealed-by-multimorphic/page/8?hl=jeep-mustang and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.