Heist-Update_HD_V3 (resized).jpg
F9759C57-28C7-4028-A4AC-48E1F9698091 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8139 (resized).jpg
8ECE6551-B1FC-438A-B117-EFDD11722245_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
7F0C41B6-5198-4EB7-A673-DCA264582295_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
57C8A65A-1DA0-4D8A-8D66-D87153D184CC_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
22F47281-AEB4-49E9-9668-5E45E3087EF7_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 862 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 18.
#301 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Yeah, I’m speaking from the pov of a former owner — the rail system is awesome for sliding stuff in and out. The whole flipper assembly works well here. Sliding in,say, a pop bumper assembly presents more challenges because you need it to be at the right position, and adds time to the overall playfield swap, especially if your having to tighten down a screw or lugs to secure it in position to the rail. I’m sure there’s an elegant solution, just curious to see what it ends up being.

Quoted from Zitt:

Not so sure tbh. I'm picturing sliding out the Polycarbonate sheet above the LCD... sliding in the Pop Bumper assembly... and sliding in a smaller ploycarbonate sheet. That sounds pretty easy to me.
That said; I have no idea what the final solution will be.
If they can do it like the hidden third flipper; then kudo's to Multimorphic's engineering people... cause that's pretty damn cool.

They haven't created an actual floating mid-playfield module yet, so this is somewhat speculation... But based on the renders (concept #6), it appears any floating mid-playfield stuff would be something that would slide into the same slot as the existing standard floating flipper module. I would imagine that would mean sliding out the flipper module (takes about 5 seconds) sliding in the mid-playfield module, connecting some connector, and then sliding back in the flipper module. Similarly, if someone wanted to create a totally different lower playfield config (3 lower flippers, early-Bally-esque in/outlanes, weird slingshot arrangement, etc.) you would just need to slide out the current flipper module and slide in a new one. Granted, every new module config adds to the swap time, but we're literally talking minutes and seconds here. A current playfield swap takes what? Two minutes? And that includes fetching the new one from under a machine and putting away the swapped out one. Adding in a lower/mid-playfield module swap *might* add another minute. The side target modules take longer, which is why they figured out how to make it backwards compatible, so you only needed to do it once.

#303 4 years ago

I see there is a special offered if you order before the middle of April (the LCD in the back box and Heist under 10k?). How long is the wait to get your game if you order? I’ve not followed P3 in a while, but Heist has me super interested in the platform again.

One of the concerns I had a couple years ago was the concept would be continued but future games would not be comparable with early purchased platforms, however that fear has not has proven not to be well placed. Are there other full games like Heist in development now that we are certain will utilize the same platform in the future?

#304 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

How long is the wait to get your game if you order?

Great questions for gstellenberg
Who knows when the stay at home order will be lifted. Gerry is the most likely to have relevant information.

#305 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I see there is a special offered if you order before the middle of April (the LCD in the back box and Heist under 10k?).

That's right. There's also a promotion for a P3 with the backbox display and all games we currently offer (backbox display, all 4 playfield modules, and all of the current mini-games) for $15,995.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

How long is the wait to get your game if you order? I’ve not followed P3 in a while, but Heist has me super interested in the platform again.

There are obviously a lot of unknowns in the world right now, but here's what we do know: We have two production queues, one for playfields for existing customers and one for new machines. When the stay-at-home order is lifted, we'll have people dedicated to building and shipping machines. We did a good job getting the manufacturing floor and inventory staged to build a lot of machines after TPF. If you were to order now, we'd be able to ship a machine relatively soon after the stay-at-home order is lifted (weeks, not months). Once the queue of orders exceeds our in-house inventory, it will obviously take longer. Re-priming the long-term supply chain pipeline is an unknown challenge; we expect the manufacturing world to be a bit different when factories open again. In short, we'd recommend getting your order in sooner rather than later. We require only a $1000 deposit to lock in your order.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

One of the concerns I had a couple years ago was the concept would be continued but future games would not be comparable with early purchased platforms, however that fear has not has proven not to be well placed. Are there other full games like Heist in development now that we are certain will utilize the same platform in the future?

That's something you definitely don't need to worry about. We have two products lines... P-ROC/P3-ROC control system boards and P3 machines/games. Our entire staff is focused on developing content and features for the P3. We have a long roadmap of games planned for the P3, and we are fully dedicated to it. Other people are developing P3 content too, and don't be surprised if/when another pinball MFG announces availability of a game for the P3.

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#306 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Absolutely agree it looks like the most thorough, intricate, and fun P3 game thus far. But removing the LCD? That's kind of a central piece of the design, isn't it?

Yes thats true, and it is the best p3 game so far.
I don't like bare open playfields. i thinks its not my kind of thing.

#307 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Absolutely agree it looks like the most thorough, intricate, and fun P3 game thus far. But removing the LCD? That's kind of a central piece of the design, isn't it?

Yes thats true, and it is the best p3 game so far.

Quoted from Sjsilver:

Who knows? But I will tell you this. There is no way we could have made this game with all the features and gameplay ideas we had without the awesome P3 system to build on. Like we've always said, you can do almost anything you want physically over the entire playfield space, you just have to engineer things differently over the LCD. Luckily, I think we have some of the smartest engineers in this racket working with us. For heist we brought physical ball interactions further down the playfield with the crane and the upper flipper module, but future designers can and will design different solutions, and ALL of those gameplay designs and ideas will be available for very reasonable prices to those who buy into the platform.

Yes best p3 game, best hardware and homebrew system, Great quality parts.
But not many P3 games sold so far.
And i am sure this triples the sales Heist.
But why gamble on one horse.
You can make a extra "normal" machine once, lets say every 3 years.
You won"t sell les than totall sold P3 lcd machines.
Maybe you hit the jackpot i don't see it happening with P3 because it hasn't in the past 5 years.
Still great game good luck hope you sell enough to keep it going.

#308 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Hey @pinballwil. I loved reading about your Medieval Castle project! Unimaginable amount of work. I bet few can relate.

- Gerry
10f6a76687d80279380c1073b91b4f8a489a2701 (resized).jpg10f6a76687d80279380c1073b91b4f8a489a2701 (resized).jpg

#309 4 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

... and don't be surprised if/when another pinball MFG announces availability of a game for the P3.
- Gerry

That tidbit got my attention!

#310 4 years ago

Hey pinballwil. I loved you reading about your Medieval Castle project! Unimaginable amount of work. I bet few can relate.
- Gerry
[quoted image]

This is insane! (In a great way!)

#311 4 years ago

Hey pinballwil. I loved you reading about your Medieval Castle project! Unimaginable amount of work. I bet few can relate.
- Gerry
[quoted image]

to pinballwil: just discovered this new MM, amazing. I can't imagine the time and dedication for this... just saw your Aladdin too ! what great projects, congrats...

#312 4 years ago

How about a narrated gameplay video with Stephen or another skilled player playing. ie stream with good players and add commentator.

#313 4 years ago

Heist looks amazing. Please do another twitch stream

I need more

Also think the music needs some serious work. Other than that it's amazing.

#314 4 years ago

Just got this game installed in my P3 and WOW is it good. Very polished, flashy, smooth layout with loops ramps and that crane which seems to have a personality all its own. I swear it mocks me with its movement when I miss hitting it on its mode. One thing different about this game is the immersiveness of the playfield LCD. The ball(s) seems to float over a 3D cityscape. Not in a distracting sort of way, just really cool. I've only scratched the surface of the missions but already I can tell that this will be a daily player for months.

#315 4 years ago

Haven't watched yet, but looks like a new stream here:
https://m.twitch.tv/videos/583547464

#316 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

That is strange indeed.....I'm sorry Gerry, but I had to do a quick side by side starting from the top of the slingshots to make it comparable.

SideBySideMMCustom_vs_Heist (resized).PNGSideBySideMMCustom_vs_Heist (resized).PNG
#317 4 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Great, some new camera views. I'll watch a bit of it.

#318 4 years ago
Quoted from sven:

That is strange indeed.....I'm sorry Gerry, but I had to do a quick side by side starting from the top of the slingshots to make it comparable.[quoted image]

What's your point, you can't mix apples with oranges.
P3 is a totally different and unique pinball concept.
I don't understand the comparison.

#319 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

What's your point, you can't mix apples with oranges.
P3 is a totally different and unique pinball concept.

The point is that you said you don't like open playfields. It's no problem if you don't like the P3 platform, but I wonder why you keep repeating it here. Saying it's because of the open playfield is strange.
That said: I think it's better to judge the game after playing it and seeing it in real life.

Quoted from solarvalue:

About the stream: it does give a better view because the monitor seems less bright, so the upper playfield less dark, than in the other streams.

#320 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

I think the comparison he is making by posting that picture is that actual area of the playfield covered by the mechs in the P3 is actually very similar to the area covered by mechs in your game. In fact, if you count the walls and scoops, I think you would find that more of the playfield is covered in the P3. The P3 just looks more open because of the more obvious distinction between the LCD and scoops. It's kind of irrelevant anyway, because in this game the inclusion of the crane and upper flipper show that mechs can and will be implemented over the LCD.

#321 4 years ago
Quoted from sven:

The point is that you said you don't like open playfields. It's no problem if you don't like the P3 platform, but I wonder why you keep repeating it here. Saying it's because of the open playfield is strange.
That said: I think it's better to judge the game after playing it and seeing it in real life.

About the stream: it does give a better view because the monitor seems less bright, so the upper playfield less dark, than in the other streams.

I said BARE open playfields.
Don't twist my words.
Meaning no toys, mechs, plastics.
You like P3 great for you.

#322 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Meaning no toys, mechs, plastics.

While this is technically true in the sense that there are no physical toys, please do not forget that the monitor is one very big and able toy in itself. Even an interactive one. Anything that is displayed can be shot. Very cool and seeing it being used in Heist for the burglar that hangs from the cable while the crane is above it is so cool. Cannot do that with any other toy, mech or plastic.

#323 4 years ago

No toys? You can see the six colored blocks stretching across the center line, right? Those are individually controlled walls that can block a shot or lock a ball. A badass crane plays with the ball in either half of the playfield. Image shifting graphics on entire playfield surface. Those are three great toys right there and all occur in the front half of the game.

#324 4 years ago

I’m going to qualify my remarks by noting that my playfield was damaged in shipping. I’ll be getting a replacement once this virus mess is done. I’ve been working with the support team, which is outstanding as always, trying to make it somewhat playable in the short term.

That said, I’m not really enjoying it at the moment. Shot pathing seems very bad, with way too many center drains on required shots. My right orbit shot exits from the left side and probably 80% go SDTM. The left inner loop shot, essential to starting a heist, drains close to 90% of them. This makes any progress near impossible. In fairness, the orbit rails were bent in shipping. I’ve straightened them as best I can, with help and advice from tech support, but they’re not right. The inner loop looks as-designed though. The only possible adjustment I see is bending the outer rail at the exit but that would expose the rail edge to ball impact, so that’s a no-go. I actually try and avoid anything that requires an inner left loop shot - not much fun. I’m reasonably confident an undamaged playfield will solve the orbit issues, because the other playfields have no such problems, but I’m less confident about the loop. If that doesn’t flow better on the new playfield, and I don’t see why it would be any different, this module will probably sit in the box most of the time. It’s that unenjoyable as it is now. I’ve checked the machine again today and it is level and at a normal pitch.

My crane bash target also registers poorly, missing most direct hits and getting only some of the more-glancing shots. This makes most of the crane modes unfinishable. We’re working on that too. It appears to be mechanical, not electrical. I had the head apart today and now it’s having trouble picking up balls from the ramp. I guess I’ll try recalibrating it later.

I’m reserving overall judgement for now until whatever time I can get the module replaced but first impressions are iffy for my tastes. Your mileage may vary.

#325 4 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

I’m going to qualify my remarks by noting that my playfield was damaged in shipping. I’ll be getting a replacement once this virus mess is done. I’ve been working with the support team, which is outstanding as always, trying to make it somewhat playable in the short term.
That said, I’m not really enjoying it at the moment. Shot pathing seems very bad, with way too many center drains on required shots. My right orbit shot exits from the left side and probably 80% go SDTM. The left inner loop shot, essential to starting a heist, drains close to 90% of them. This makes any progress near impossible. In fairness, the orbit rails were bent in shipping. I’ve straightened them as best I can, with help and advice from tech support, but they’re not right. The inner loop looks as-designed though. The only possible adjustment I see is bending the outer rail at the exit but that would expose the rail edge to ball impact, so that’s a no-go. I actually try and avoid anything that requires an inner left loop shot - not much fun. I’m reasonably confident an undamaged playfield will solve the orbit issues, because the other playfields have no such problems, but I’m less confident about the loop. If that doesn’t flow better on the new playfield, and I don’t see why it would be any different, this module will probably sit in the box most of the time. It’s that unenjoyable as it is now. I’ve checked the machine again today and it is level and at a normal pitch.
My crane bash target also registers poorly, missing most direct hits and getting only some of the more-glancing shots. This makes most of the crane modes unfinishable. We’re working on that too. It appears to be mechanical, not electrical. I had the head apart today and now it’s having trouble picking up balls from the ramp. I guess I’ll try recalibrating it later.
I’m reserving overall judgement for now until whatever time I can get the module replaced but first impressions are iffy for my tastes. Your mileage may vary.

I don’t own a P3 and sorry to hear your game was damaged upon shipping and glad to hear P3 is taking care of sending you a replacement. Also like hearing that their customer service has been outstanding under the circumstances of the Pandemic. However, I feel your review under the state of which the game arrived was pretty negative and unfair to P3. The playfield was damaged...why provide a review?? Look forward to reading your review when the replacement arrives.

#326 4 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

I don’t own a P3 and sorry to hear your game was damaged upon shipping and P3 is taking care of sending you a replacement. Also like hearing that there customer service has been outstanding under the circumstances of the Pandemic. However, I feel your review under the state of which the game arrived was pretty negative and unfair to P3. The playfield was damaged...why provide a review?? Look forward to reading your review when the replacement arrives.

Would have to agree.. feel your frustration in getting a damaged pf and trying to make the best of it and getting those drains —but it’s strange to write several negative paragraphs about mechanics and then follow it up with saying you’ll reserve overall judgement for later when u get the new pf.

It’s hard to imagine multimorphic would design a shot that drains 90% of the time its hit.. something else has to be going on still..??. maybe your whole pf warped when it was damaged? Interested to hear an opinion once pf is swapped out

#327 4 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

the orbit rails were bent in shipping.

Firstly, let me say that it must be extremely frustrating getting a damaged playfield at this point in time. I feel your pain. However, looking at the pic of someone's playfield in the box below, for you orbit rails to get bent, that box would have had to have taken a serious beating. Given that your crane is also faulty, it figures that the impact has affected everything on the playfield to some extent. I've watched all the streams so far, (3 separate machines) and I didn't see anyone having any problems with inner or outer orbit shots going down the middle. I would definitely recommend giving the game another chance when you get your new playfield.

1da1aa4a461b849302f566592478ae41f3064149 (resized).jpg1da1aa4a461b849302f566592478ae41f3064149 (resized).jpg

#328 4 years ago

It’s certainly possible a new module will solve the issues. I hope so. The damage was pretty bad. Interestingly, the box had no external signs of damage but inside, you could see it had been moving around. The right orbit rail attachment screw at the exit was sheared off, and the rail was bent and had gouged the artwork. One of the wireform mounting screws was found in the bottom of the box, and it’s threaded spacer was bent back out of place. The left VUK tube was bent such that when first installed, the game saw balls only on VUK 4. The left orbit rail end was bent in sharply and both orbit rails blocked the outer scoops and walls. With much help from Gerry and TJ, the rails have been straightened enough to clear the scoops and mostly work. The trough issue was fixed with a piece of foam tape on the ball stop, moving the balls to the right a bit so the optos pick them up. That will work for now.

The inner loop, on the other hand, appears undamaged and that concerns me. The geometry there just seems off. I do hope I’m wrong and that the problem is specific to this module but we’ll see. That left inner loop shot is critical to progress in the game and right now I am loathe to take it.

#329 4 years ago

I can only speak to my module, but the inner loop doesn't drain for me. I wonder if the issue would become apparent if you removed the building mold from that center area?

#330 4 years ago

Related to shipping damage...

While we tested playfield shipments pretty extensively before going into production, we've had a couple reports of minor shipping damage and Dave's report of major damage. We temporarily stopped shipments immediately after the first report to look into the issues, but Dave's and others were already on their way. We don't yet know exactly what's different between the test packaging material and the production packing material as the packing material vendor is also subject to stay-at-home orders (suspicion is incorrect foam density), but the playfields seem to have escaped containment and jumped up on the front foam, allowing them to slide into the front of the box. We've implemented a short-term fix and have started up shipments again.

It's heartbreaking to spend so much time designing and manufacturing an amazing game, only to see it damaged when a customer receives it. Customer experiences are always our highest priority, and we work closely with everybody who needs help to resolve any issues.

Opinions about the game aside, the loops should not be feeding SDTM. The inner loop returns the ball to the opposite flipper. So a slow shot dribbling out of the loop could drain, but otherwise the ball should flow nicely to the opposite flipper. If it doesn't, there's either an alignment issue or perhaps a slightly raised wall or scoop that's redirecting the ball upon exiting the loop. The walls and scoops have individual height adjustment screws.

We haven't received any other reports of loop shots draining.

- Gerry

#331 4 years ago

A quick follow-up posting. I've been making small adjustments to flipper and VUK coil strengths and that has helped a little. I will be doing more with that tonight. I also lowered the slope from my usual ~7 degrees to more like 6 degrees and that also helped. The ball does not now drop so precipitously on exiting the left inner loop. The left orbit rail I tweaked by bending the rail a bit to direct the ball more to the right. It doesn't lie flush with the side target rail, nor had it before, but it's not far enough out to be a problem now either, so while it isn't the right curve any longer it is mostly playable.

I wasn't clear that I do like the game. The rule set is excellent, the art and music is my kind of style and the gameplay is rich, varied and strategic. It's a flagship game for the platform, no doubt. I don't want anyone thinking I hate the game. Watching Gerry and Nick's streams of gameplay again, it is clear that whatever is wrong is isolated to my module's condition. Once this virus business is past and this module can be replaced, I'm confident the problem will be solved. I did have a concern on the inner loop geometry but watching the streams has eliminated it. I probably should have watched them more closely before posting.

I guess my frustration got the better of me. I'm a P3 supporter from the time I first saw it. I didn't make the first production run, but I did make the second, so I'm all-in. I like the company and I like their products, both the P3 and the P-ROC series. Nobody else is innovating like them. Apologies to the Multimorphic team for going on a rant. They've been nothing but helpful, especially so in this difficult time.

#332 4 years ago

Good of you to clarify that. Your first post was pretty filled with (totally understandable!) frustration.

Really impressed by Gerry’s communication every single time I see him post.

I do wish the platform cost a LITTLE less to get into, but boy it sure makes sense. These games are packed! Especially Heist. I’m saving my pennies...

#333 4 years ago

If you guys missed Gerry’s stream of CCR 2.0, you should really check it out. It is a blast and it is another great example of the deep collection of super fun games being built for the platform. Everyone excited by Heist should also be super excited about this game as well!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/589425004?t=1477s

#334 4 years ago

All;

I received my Heist playfield a couple days ago. It arrived without any damage and with everything working perfectly. Gerry said that my playfield was the first to be shipped with a revised foam padding. The shipper did manage to poke a small hole in the box.

Here are my impressions after playing it for about 10 hours:

Playfield:

The 2 ramps and 3 orbits (1 for the upper flipper) are all very smooth, making for great flowing gameplay and lots of combo shots.

Every shot can stop or divert the ball, but the ball is only interrupted when a mode is started. It's nice that most of these mechanics are hidden inside the buildings.

The left ramp is easy, it can be backhanded and weak shots generally go to a flipper. The right ramp is more challenging, with weak shots often going between the flippers.

In addition to it's orbit, the upper flipper can hit an large number of shots, even the left ramp. Hitting the orbit once is pretty doable, but looping it with the ball at speed is quite a challenge.

The crane is great way to bring the action down the playfield. When in "bash" mode it registers even soft hits. It's fun to hit a ball off of it to start crane multi-ball. Because of the crane, Heist is *not* an "empty lower playfield game".

Rules:

*Lots* to do. An amateur will easily get some things going, just by keeping the ball in play. An expert can work their way towards mini-wizard and wizard modes.

A lot of the modes and multiballs stack. If you get a few things going at once (on purpose or not), it's quite a challenge.

Art:

I really like the 2D Motion Comic artwork. It' much cooler and more pleasing to the eye than 3D models.

Music and Sound Effects (when not in a mode):

The music is perfect background for heist (or spy) movie. The sound effects (ex: "coins") complement the music, not overwhelm it.

Music and Sound Effects (when in a mode):

Your now in an action scene, and the music and sound effects are cranked up appropriately.

Call Outs:

Top notch voice work. Lighthearted but (with the exception of Mr. Bigalow) not silly.

#335 4 years ago
Quoted from Shaker:

All;
I received my Heist playfield a couple days ago. It arrived without any damage and with everything working perfectly. Gerry said that my playfield was the first to be shipped with a revised foam padding. The shipper did manage to poke a small hole in the box.
Here are my impressions after playing it for about 10 hours:
Playfield:
The 2 ramps and 3 orbits (1 for the upper flipper) are all very smooth, making for great flowing gameplay and lots of combo shots.
Every shot can stop or divert the ball, but the ball is only interrupted when a mode is started. It's nice that most of these mechanics are hidden inside the buildings.
The left ramp is easy, it can be backhanded and weak shots generally go to a flipper. The right ramp is more challenging, with weak shots often going between the flippers.
In addition to it's orbit, the upper flipper can hit an large number of shots, even the left ramp. Hitting the orbit once is pretty doable, but looping it with the ball at speed is quite a challenge.
The crane is great way to bring the action down the playfield. When in "bash" mode it registers even soft hits. It's fun to hit a ball off of it to start crane multi-ball. Because of the crane, Heist is *not* an "empty lower playfield game".
Rules:
*Lots* to do. An amateur will easily get some things going, just by keeping the ball in play. An expert can work their way towards mini-wizard and wizard modes.
A lot of the modes and multiballs stack. If you get a few things going at once (on purpose or not), it's quite a challenge.
Art:
I really like the 2D Motion Comic artwork. It' much cooler and more pleasing to the eye than 3D models.
Music and Sound Effects (when not in a mode):
The music is perfect background for heist (or spy) movie. The sound effects (ex: "coins") complement the music, not overwhelm it.
Music and Sound Effects (when in a mode):
Your now in an action scene, and the music and sound effects are cranked up appropriately.
Call Outs:
Top notch voice work. Lighthearted but (with the exception of Mr. Bigalow) not silly.
Overall:
Everything clicks to make it a *great* game.
- Mark
AFM, TAF, Godzilla, NGG, MM, MSF, MB, SS, PM, 1812, P3 (LL-EE, CCR, Heist)

Great review! Also, I am super pissed because this is going to cost me money...

What did you not like as much about the game? I see you have other P3 games, how does this compare
?

#336 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What did you not like as much about the game?

The only nit-pick that I could think of is that because I am 6'4", I can not see the spinner. It's too far inside a the right inner orbit's "building". I know it's there and can hit the shot, I would just like to see it. (It's used in both the Safecracker and Hacker modes.)

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I see you have other P3 games, how does this compare?

While the lower playfield is technically the same, the playfields and rules make each game so unique that it is like owning 3 separate games.

Heist is definitely Multimorphic's best game yet.

Lexy is way underrated. The more me and my friends play it, the more we like it. Lexy gets played at every pinball night. That's not true of all my games.

The original rule set for the CCR playfield didn't really click with me. CCR 2.0 is now in beta. While it uses the same playfield and characters, it is a completely new game with more traditional rules. I like what I see so far, but it is still a bit simple compared to the other titles. I'm hope that Multimorphic continues to flesh it out into a full-scale game.

- Mark

#337 4 years ago
Quoted from Shaker:

CCR 2.0 is now in beta. While it uses the same playfield and characters, it is a completely new game with more traditional rules. I like what I see so far, but it is still a bit simple compared to the other titles. I'm hope that Multimorphic continues to flesh it out into a full-scale game.

I watched the stream of CCR 2.0 and it looks like a fun game now. I like the idea of being able to upgrade your cart in the shop. I think they wanted the rules to be simple but I can understand you wanting to see it "fleshed out more". I think it probably just needs a bit more personality. I'd like to see the characters of the carts developed a little more, similar to what they did in Heist. It would be cool if Vigo, Orbit, etc. had their own callouts and 2D animations.
I get that their carts are configured differently but I think it would also be cool to add a secret power or weapon that they each had to distinguish between them a little more and give you more of a reason to choose one over the other.
Having said that, I realise they have already put a ton of work into the CCR 2.0 release and having two versions of the game in really cool. I wonder when online H2H play for CCR is coming? Seems like it would be the perfect time to release it if it is ready.

#338 4 years ago

Having now been able to play some, here’s some thoughts.

I like the character modes. Each is a little different and are challenging under time pressure. The side jobs are cool and clever and I like that they are optional. The lane donuts are a fun idea and challenging on the separate button.

The game has a nice variety of multiballs that are well-integrated into the story and the fun events like the Armored Car and Police Patrol also fit right in.

Some things I’d like to see or am not sure of...

I’d love to see a sub-mode where the spinner counts for more score or bonus. It’s used well now for objectives but a good spinner rip for points would be satisfying.

I’m not sold yet on the starting of Crane Multiball in the middle of a character mode. It seems distracting to me right now but it’s not a deal breaker. It is a cool multiball though.

It may just be that I haven’t gotten enough donuts yet, but I’d love to see opportunities for more bonus multipliers if that’s not already there. Currently I’ve only seen 2x.

It’s going to be fun seeing what comes in the main heist wizard mode as the code comes up to v1.0

#339 4 years ago

For those that have received Heist!, what do you think about the upper flipper being activated using a separate button? I get the rationale, but I'm wondering if / how long it will take me to get used to that mechanic. (disclaimer: I don't have my game yet, so I'm wondering.)

#340 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I'm wondering if / how long it will take me to get used to that mechanic. (disclaimer: I don't have my game yet, so I'm wondering.)

It took me a goodly number of games to get used to it, but now it's second nature. I find that I never use the left white button to handle reverse lane change, though. I always hit the button with the flipper.

#341 4 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I watched the stream of CCR 2.0 and it looks like a fun game now...

Agreed. It's much more fun. However, It's still rather simple when compared to Lexy or Heist.

I hope that Gerry and company continue to put more development time into the game. (Hint! Hint!)

To celebrate CCR 2.0: I made a rather simple mod:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cosmic-cart-racing-20-for-the-p3#post-5593310

- Mark

#342 4 years ago
Quoted from Shaker:

However, It's still rather simple when compared to Lexy or Heist.

I'm curious what you find simple about it? You are tasked with keeping track of several different items at once (mini-modes, multipliers, etc), and then major modes in the races themselves. The shop adds another bit of complexity in there and there is a great sense of risk/reward from spending money on upgrades vs. starting races. Races themselves add yet more of that feeling - do you want to lose the multiball you've been working towards?

Out of curiosity, what would you have them add to CCR?

#343 4 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Out of curiosity, what would you have them add to CCR?

I stuck my answer under the CCR 2.0 Topic:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cosmic-cart-racing-20-for-the-p3#post-5594197

- Mark

#344 4 years ago

looks great

#345 4 years ago

Gammagoat did another great stream of Heist. Towards the end he got a three person heist (sapphire heist) stacked with Police and Crane Multiballs!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/591400733

#346 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

....what do you think about the upper flipper being activated using a separate button? I get the rationale, but I'm wondering if / how long it will take me to get used to that mechanic.

For me, it's not quite second nature yet. I automatically reach for it during the skill shot and the side-jobs that use it. However, I have to think about it during normal gameplay.

However, that's exactly how I want it. I want the separate button just to make things a bit more challenging, and different from my other games with a third flipper.

I would not mind it if the lane rotation was moved to the yellow buttons...

- Mark

#347 4 years ago

ordered mine last week....very excited to get my Heist !!!

Gerry and the Team were very helpful and really made things easy. I have ordered three NIB games before this order, and Multimorphic was the easiest, smoothest, and snappiest transaction I have ever experienced in pinball purchasing (or anything else which costs more than a couple grand). These guys are Pros.

After watching Gerry's stream several times, my excitement grows...if you havent seen Heist Streamed try twitch.tv/deadflip and check his video history. Gerry does an exceptional job streaming the game and explaining some of the game basics. the features are extraordinary; there has not been a mech like the crane in ten years IMO. this game is precedent setting, IMO.

All Multimorphic needs now is a title which floats ramps further down the PF, to decrease the depth of the shots and offer more shot variety in that way. Honestly, i am really optimistic about owning this excellent game, and really excited to see whats next !!! It will be so refreshing to buy a new game for $2500 someday !!! what a privilege !!!

thanks Gerry and Team !! You guys ROCK !!

Cheers from Murrieta, CA

HOG

#348 4 years ago

Quick question: does the LCD make a difference? I understand it is nice to have a backglass for each individual game and to have the display where everyone can see it. But is it worth the upgrade? So far, it does not appear that any game has unique backglass assets.

#349 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

But is it worth the upgrade?

Is it worth it for $0? Yes.
(*All P3’s now include our high definition, full-sized backbox display)

#350 4 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Is it worth it for $0? Yes.
(*All P3’s now include our high definition, full-sized backbox display)

It's not $0 for those who already have a P3. It's $900 to add on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Meriden, CT
$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 20.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 862 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heist-revealed-by-multimorphic/page/7?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.