Heist-Update_HD_V3 (resized).jpg
F9759C57-28C7-4028-A4AC-48E1F9698091 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8139 (resized).jpg
8ECE6551-B1FC-438A-B117-EFDD11722245_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
7F0C41B6-5198-4EB7-A673-DCA264582295_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
57C8A65A-1DA0-4D8A-8D66-D87153D184CC_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
22F47281-AEB4-49E9-9668-5E45E3087EF7_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 862 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 18.
#251 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Side art? Where are you getting this stuff? Are you peaking through my basement window or something? The cabinet art is all original. Not sure what you’re even referring to and why that matters. This whole thing has clearly gone over your head because it actually has nothing to do with liking or disliking art. Anyway, you’re not worth anymore of my time.
Back on topic discussing this amazing game the Multimorphic team created. Looking forward to the stream!

Just going by the pictures in your profile of your gameroom. I have no desire to peek into your windows lol. Hey, my mistake if true, just seemed like a curiosity to me. You're right tho, back on topic

Edit- just looked again, yeah def the stock side art lmao whoops

Quoted from Mr68:

Already did and the Heist kit will here in a couple of weeks. Doesn't bother me that you don't like the artwork, I do and it's been a long time since I've been this excited for a new game.

I totally mean this when I say thats the perfect attitude to have, and I think thats awesome!

#252 4 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

Nick, tell your daughter that I absolutely loved her interview.

Will do! Thanks for designing such a fun game!

Quoted from sven:

I liked the interview.

Thanks!

Quoted from solarvalue:

Really great interview, sounds like you guys are having a great time with it.

Thanks, we are! Had to share that enthusiasm with the world.

#253 4 years ago

Hmmm, UPS shipping notice from Texas in my email...

#254 4 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

I'll be streaming on Saturday at 1pm CDT through Jack Danger's DeadFlip channel. Looking forward to showing it off and answering all of your questions!
https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip

Reminder: Stream tomorrow at 1pm CDT. Big thanks to Jack Danger for hosting on his channel!

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#255 4 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

Hmmm, UPS shipping notice from Texas in my email...

Me too. Delivery date in four days. Thank you, Gerry and Multimorphic

#256 4 years ago

I am excited to play this somewhere sometime. I have limited space and plan on saving up for one of these over the next few years. Heist was the type of game I was waiting for to purchase this system. Looks great!

#257 4 years ago

Excited to see the stream tomorrow! Also looking forward to hearing more reviews.

#258 4 years ago

Tune in in about 45 minutes and watch Gerry beat up on our game!

https://m.twitch.tv/deadflip/

#259 4 years ago

Have never seen a center post on a P3 til now, stream looks great so far

#260 4 years ago

Missed it it seems? (Only 1h?) Will watch the recording!

#261 4 years ago

Thanks to everybody who watched the stream. I'm a first time streamer but had a great time!

I think Jack will have it up on youtube by tomorrow.

- Gerry

#262 4 years ago

Blimey, missed and would really like to see it.

#263 4 years ago

The Twitch recording is available now:

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/577601695

#264 4 years ago

Just watched the recording. Great stream, good combination of talking and playing. Showed off a little of the game but not too much.

#265 4 years ago

Looks like a challenging platform to stream. Main screen blows out the camera relative to the physical playfield. Tried watching for a few minutes, but gave up when I couldn't make out the shots in the upper third. Just darkness with a faint red & blue GI glow. Could maybe use white GI, brighter GI, a modified Pin Stadium, or some combination of the three.

#266 4 years ago

Looks fun, this is one that has me seriously interested in making the p3 plunge.

#267 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Looks like a challenging platform to stream. Main screen blows out the camera relative to the physical playfield.

Yeah, that's mostly my inexperience showing. I added the front view camera so you could see the height of the crane as it moved, and I didn't spend enough time balancing the LCD screen brightness with each camera's own color and brightness settings. I'll lean more heavily on the expert streamers in the community to help me get them balanced better next time. I'd love to do a full stream of CCR 2.0!

- Gerry

#268 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Looks like a challenging platform to stream. Main screen blows out the camera relative to the physical playfield. Tried watching for a few minutes, but gave up when I couldn't make out the shots in the upper third. Just darkness with a faint red & blue GI glow. Could maybe use white GI, brighter GI, a modified Pin Stadium, or some combination of the three.

I agree. Tough to really see what was going on but I watched and can confidently say that this is the system seller for the platform. I never really enjoyed the other games on p3.... and this is from personal experience. It just wasn’t at that level but this game really looks good. BIG step up. Great job.

#269 4 years ago

Gerry really enjoyed the stream. While it wasn't easy to see everything, the overall game play looked fun with all the varied modes. I liked the concept of having the characters arrested and freed from jail. That seems like it would almost make failure of a mode fun to be able to get them out.

#270 4 years ago

I just finished watching the stream and really enjoyed hearing Gerry talk about the rules and show off some modes. The rules seemed straightforward and fit the theme, and the game looked fun to play. I thought the jail break aspect and roving police patrol were interesting twists, and you could tell they put a lot of thought into it. I hope this game does really well for them!

#271 4 years ago

Here’s where I’m at. If I *knew* all future releases would be at least this good (and I’m very impressed with Heist) I would likely move my current money on a different pre-order to this game. I’m very tempted to do it anyway. Nice work Jerry and team, more releases like this and these things will be flying outta Round Rock.

#272 4 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

I would likely move my current money on a different pre-order to this game.

What's the other game? Let us help you decide .

#273 4 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Here’s where I’m at. If I *knew* all future releases would be at least this good (and I’m very impressed with Heist) I would likely move my current money on a different pre-order to this game. I’m very tempted to do it anyway. Nice work Jerry and team, more releases like this and these things will be flying outta Round Rock.

Hi neighbor!

I have the white wood at my house. Fulshear is right around the corner from me. Maybe after this craziness dies down, come play the game and I’ll convert you to a customer!

#274 4 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

What's the other game? Let us help you decide .

MMR Royal. I've always loved MM, never owned one, never thought I would for what they were going for a few years back. But I've delayed getting it a few times. Last time to get the JJP Pirates. So I could bump it again.

#275 4 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

Hi neighbor!
I have the white wood at my house. Fulshear is right around the corner from me. Maybe after this craziness dies down, come play the game and I’ll convert you to a customer!

Thanks for the offer!

#276 4 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

MMR Royal. I've always loved MM, never owned one, never thought I would for what they were going for a few years back. But I've delayed getting it a few times. Last time to get the JJP Pirates. So I could bump it again.

I was the same as you until I played the shit out of bunch of MMs on location. It's widely available now. The game is great, but once you get past the crazy cool mechs (they ARE awesome - probably the best in pinball), the game is pretty shallow. The game received such high praise because it was so rare and crazy fun if you were lucky enough to find one to play.

If I had to choose, I'd take the P3 based on the current offering alone. Bashing doors and blowing up castles does get boring, believe it or not. Also, MM gets pretty easy over time.

I am in no way affiliated with P3, but I'd buy one if I had the space! The ability to develop on their platform is a huge bonus.

#277 4 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

That’s a tough call. MM is no question one of the best titles you could get for fun all around. While I Do want the new Heist game it is a tough decision as like Apple you have to buy into the entire ecosystem. For me Heist is an Amazing leap forward but their previous titles were not of interest to me personally. So that makes the decision to by a 10k plus game (Heist) a tough call as there are many games like MM that are known long term fun and likely cost less. Good luck with Your decision.

#278 4 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

How much will that cost?

#279 4 years ago

Ava and I haven't broken 6M for our average games yet, but we're trying! I suspect once we get more confident with the individual modes we'll start heists and boost those scores. Ava will almost certainly get there before me.

#280 4 years ago

Arrived yesterday, late afternoon. Multimorphic had them ready to go and I'm very pleased with the quick delivery, especially during a very difficult time in our country and world.

Many thanks, Gerry and company.

25% (resized).png25% (resized).png
#281 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Arrived yesterday, late afternoon. Multimorphic had them ready to go and I'm very pleased with the quick delivery, especially during a very difficult time in our country and world.
Many thanks, Gerry and company.[quoted image]

Hoping for Youtube video with game play.

#282 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Nice, Kim. Glad it arrived quickly and hopefully safely. There should be a growing number of other people receiving their playfields soon too!

- Gerry

#283 4 years ago

open it Kim ! lets see the packaging and some close ups of the upper playfield. Is the upper flipper mech in there as well?

#284 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Love the greyhound statues. Do you have hounds? My two are my only excuse to leave the house these days

#285 4 years ago

I love that UPS delivered you a new pinball .

#286 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Arrived yesterday, late afternoon.

Needs more pictures

#287 4 years ago

I'm ready for my next pin and I'm really interested in this one. However; with the cost, I have to play it first. That is definitely a challenge right now.

#288 4 years ago

Creative director, Stephen Silver, will be on Bro, Do You Even Talk Pinball? tonight. Join the conversation live at 8 p.m. Eastern: http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

- Gerry

#289 4 years ago

Wow that Heist upper playfield is one of the best i have seen this year.
Imagine if your ditch the playfield lcd and build a complete playfield like this you sell a thousand instead of 24.
Still the best P3 game so far.

#290 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Imagine if your ditch the playfield lcd and build a complete playfield like this you sell a thousand instead of 24.

Who knows? But I will tell you this. There is no way we could have made this game with all the features and gameplay ideas we had without the awesome P3 system to build on. Like we've always said, you can do almost anything you want physically over the entire playfield space, you just have to engineer things differently over the LCD. Luckily, I think we have some of the smartest engineers in this racket working with us. For heist we brought physical ball interactions further down the playfield with the crane and the upper flipper module, but future designers can and will design different solutions, and ALL of those gameplay designs and ideas will be available for very reasonable prices to those who buy into the platform.

#291 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Still the best P3 game so far.

Absolutely agree it looks like the most thorough, intricate, and fun P3 game thus far. But removing the LCD? That's kind of a central piece of the design, isn't it?

#292 4 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

But I will tell you this. There is no way we could have made this game with all the features and gameplay ideas we had without the awesome P3 system to build on. Like we've always said, you can do almost anything you want physically over the entire playfield space, you just have to engineer things differently over the LCD.

I was thinking some upside down pop bumpers suspended over the LCD would be really cool with screen animations underneath them. Explosions and such.
And I love that pinball people are writing homemade code for completely new games using the same playfields. Passionate pinball people writing the code, not some 8 to 5 clock watching, working stiff.

Sorry for the delay in posting box opening pictures of Heist but I hope to have them today.

#293 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Quoted from Mr68:

I was thinking some upside down pop bumpers suspended over the LCD would be really cool with screen animations underneath them. Explosions and such.

Check out the concept of swapping out the lower playfield that slides over the LCD in their promo video. I don't know of any game that does this yet, but it looks to be possible with the platform. I hope to see future games take advantage of swapping out the lower module like in the concept drawings.

I could never pull the trigger on a P3 for Lexy alone, but now with Heist, I'm in. Not only is it 2 fully functional pinball games, but it also shows Multimorphic's current and future commitment to the platform. I was skeptical since it seemed some of the newer releases were geared towards redemption style games, but Heist has alleviated that concern for me.

2020-04-02_16-22-16 (resized).png2020-04-02_16-22-16 (resized).png2020-04-02_16-22-41 (resized).png2020-04-02_16-22-41 (resized).png2020-04-02_16-23-06 (resized).png2020-04-02_16-23-06 (resized).png
#294 4 years ago

That mid playfield wireform pickup looks pretty cool on concept #6.

#295 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

And I love that pinball people are writing homemade code for completely new games using the same playfields. Passionate pinball people writing the code, not some 8 to 5 clock watching, working stiff.
Sorry for the delay in posting box opening pictures of Heist but I hope to have them today.

Yeah I’m surprised we haven’t seen those yet. My only concern with other floating items above the LCD is how they will install/uninstall. The upper flipper is perfect as once installed, it stays thru module swaps w/out interference. The side rails are great for attaching Any number if mechs or devices but you do have to slide the device in/out to the correct spot and then lock it down there and make wire connections. Hoping for some quick release type of thing For each mech and maybe the LCD could indicate where they go position-wise?

#296 4 years ago

Got my Heist kit yesterday and after a few tweeks, it's a blast to play.

I own the CCR and LL kits, of course, but this is the fullest feel game. Nice package of rules, graphics, music, speech and new toys.
The crane is very solid and a well implemented toy to interact with. I feels like an arm with some personality reaching out to challenge you.
Just the right amount of challenge for longer interest and the 0.7 version feels like a full game right now.

Multimorphic's other recent release of CosmicCartRacing 2.0 is on the right track to give it that 'one more game' feel and now that Heist is here, it has captured the interest of my sons as well.
Almost sold my P3 last year but no regret for keeping it until now. Looking at the SDK now to see what I might tinker with.
Thank you Gerry and Stephen.

#297 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Yeah I’m surprised we haven’t seen those yet. My only concern with other floating items above the LCD is how they will install/uninstall. The upper flipper is perfect as once installed, it stays thru module swaps w/out interference. The side rails are great for attaching Any number if mechs or devices but you do have to slide the device in/out to the correct spot and then lock it down there and make wire connections. Hoping for some quick release type of thing For each mech and maybe the LCD could indicate where they go position-wise?

The "floating items" are just one single lower playfield module that can be swapped out the same as the upper playfield module. Check out this video of Gerry removing the lower playfield module to get to the LCD. Unplug a single connector and slides right out.

The way they made everything modular is brilliant and makes it very adaptable for future innovations. And yes, as a software engineer, I am becoming quite the fanboy of the p3 system.

2020-04-03_12-09-21 (resized).png2020-04-03_12-09-21 (resized).png
#298 4 years ago

Hey guys. If you missed it, the buffalo pinball interview is up on YouTube and their podcast stream. We got to cover a lot of good information about the game. Come peek inside my house at me while I ramble on about this game!

#299 4 years ago
Quoted from foobeer:

The "floating items" are just one single lower playfield module that can be swapped out the same as the upper playfield module. Check out this video of Gerry removing the lower playfield module to get to the LCD. Unplug a single connector and slides right out.
The way they made everything modular is brilliant and makes it very adaptable for future innovations. And yes, as a software engineer, I am becoming quite the fanboy of the p3 system.
[quoted image]

Yeah, I’m speaking from the pov of a former owner — the rail system is awesome for sliding stuff in and out. The whole flipper assembly works well here. Sliding in,say, a pop bumper assembly presents more challenges because you need it to be at the right position, and adds time to the overall playfield swap, especially if your having to tighten down a screw or lugs to secure it in position to the rail. I’m sure there’s an elegant solution, just curious to see what it ends up being.

#300 4 years ago

Not so sure tbh. I'm picturing sliding out the Polycarbonate sheet above the LCD... sliding in the Pop Bumper assembly... and sliding in a smaller ploycarbonate sheet. That sounds pretty easy to me.
That said; I have no idea what the final solution will be.

If they can do it like the hidden third flipper; then kudo's to Multimorphic's engineering people... cause that's pretty damn cool.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Meriden, CT
There are 862 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heist-revealed-by-multimorphic/page/6?hl=konjurer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.