Heist-Update_HD_V3 (resized).jpg
F9759C57-28C7-4028-A4AC-48E1F9698091 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8139 (resized).jpg
8ECE6551-B1FC-438A-B117-EFDD11722245_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
7F0C41B6-5198-4EB7-A673-DCA264582295_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
57C8A65A-1DA0-4D8A-8D66-D87153D184CC_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
22F47281-AEB4-49E9-9668-5E45E3087EF7_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 862 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 18.
#201 4 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I get that, but I'm not going to sugar coat it. It looks like a child's youtube flash cartoon. Trash is a perfect descriptor of it in my book. Its the worst art I've seen on a recent game since Mafia.
Look, here's what bugs me the most, if this was a Stern game, I could say these things and everyone would agree and upvote. I know plenty of other people would be in agreement. It would be considered a joke! Hell, look no further than the heavy metal thread. But since this is P3 and everyone loves Gerry (and rightfully so) people want to handle things with kid gloves or put up some sort of facade. I'm going to call it like I see it. I think p3 is a really cool idea and I would love to see it be a success. I also understand they don't have the kind of budget or reach that a company like stern or even american pinball has. I also understand making so many animations for the art in a p3 game is different than the mostly static art on a standard pin. , but I'm sorry, those excuses don't fly with me. Maybe the art in many of your opinions is OK, or acceptable, and thats fine, but you're kidding yourself if you'd consider what you're seeing here to be high quality.
I also like the idea of a heist, and I do enjoy heist movies, but I cannot think of a more cookie cutter way to implement that theme. Like Mr. Big?? Really? Its like a 4th grader came up with a heist plot.
I'm sort of on the fence, because the mechs and stuff in the game does greatly intrigue me, but its gonna have to be just stellar in order to get me to invest in one. Its kinda like a boat, I sure would like if my friend had one, but I don't want it. All that said, I think this game will do more for P3 than anything previously has, but will it elevate p3 multimorphic to be a somewhat viable player in the pinball market? I have serious doubts, which saddens me, but at the same time it is a nice step in the right direction.
hot take- somebody putting hard work into something doesn't mean its off limits to call their work garbage or any other adjective if thats what you see it as. In fact, I bet all of you do this very thing all the time, whether its music, or movies, or tv shows, ect. Just because this is more personal to you doesn't mean its off limits to call a spade a spade if thats what you're seeing.

The artist has done lots of animated work professionally seen on multiple networks and syndicated programs. I think it is on the same level as Rick and Morty art style. There are a lot of art styles I don't like. I really do not care for Franchi's style. But I don't call it garbage, it is just not my thing. It's just rude.

#202 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

The artist has done lots of animated work professionally seen on multiple networks and syndicated programs. I think it is on the same level as Rick and Morty art style. There are a lot of art styles I don't like. I really do not care for Franchi's style. But I don't call it garbage, it is just not my thing. It's just rude.

Don't think your going to add value trying to get further Input from him. Might be best to leave his opinion as is and move forward with valued input on what appears to be a rather well done game.

#203 4 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

somebody putting hard work into something doesn't mean its off limits to call their work garbage or any other adjective

„Garbage“ is no adjective.

#204 4 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

The garbage art and cheesy story ruin it for me. Its worse than dialed in by a huge margin. The mechanicals look cool though

Shit Haymaker, your so sour your local bar probably has to kick you out during "Happy hour" !

#205 4 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I get that, but I'm not going to sugar coat it. It looks like a child's youtube flash cartoon. Trash is a perfect descriptor of it in my book. Its the worst art I've seen on a recent game since Mafia.
Look, here's what bugs me the most, if this was a Stern game, I could say these things and everyone would agree and upvote. I know plenty of other people would be in agreement. It would be considered a joke! Hell, look no further than the heavy metal thread. But since this is P3 and everyone loves Gerry (and rightfully so) people want to handle things with kid gloves or put up some sort of facade. I'm going to call it like I see it. I think p3 is a really cool idea and I would love to see it be a success. I also understand they don't have the kind of budget or reach that a company like stern or even american pinball has. I also understand making so many animations for the art in a p3 game is different than the mostly static art on a standard pin. , but I'm sorry, those excuses don't fly with me. Maybe the art in many of your opinions is OK, or acceptable, and thats fine, but you're kidding yourself if you'd consider what you're seeing here to be high quality.
I also like the idea of a heist, and I do enjoy heist movies, but I cannot think of a more cookie cutter way to implement that theme. Like Mr. Big?? Really? Its like a 4th grader came up with a heist plot.
I'm sort of on the fence, because the mechs and stuff in the game does greatly intrigue me, but its gonna have to be just stellar in order to get me to invest in one. Its kinda like a boat, I sure would like if my friend had one, but I don't want it. All that said, I think this game will do more for P3 than anything previously has, but will it elevate p3 multimorphic to be a somewhat viable player in the pinball market? I have serious doubts, which saddens me, but at the same time it is a nice step in the right direction.
hot take- somebody putting hard work into something doesn't mean its off limits to call their work garbage or any other adjective if thats what you see it as. In fact, I bet all of you do this very thing all the time, whether its music, or movies, or tv shows, ect. Just because this is more personal to you doesn't mean its off limits to call a spade a spade if thats what you're seeing.

I don't know dude, but it sounds like you might want to stick to video games.

#206 4 years ago

Haymaker - For someone that is so critical of artwork, your collection of games isn't exactly filled with Picasso's.

#207 4 years ago
Quoted from Warzard:

Support is important but it’s a valid point.
I don’t get the interaction with the main display: doesn’t seem to be used as much as it could be.
With a big screen like that, tracing ball, unexpected animations, explosions or else would have be good to add to the building animation which seems to be always the same. Maybe for a future update?

If there's one thing we've learned about the main LCD, it's that people have wildly different opinions about what we should do with it. Some people want us to make a game look completely traditional with static artwork and blinking inserts. Other people want us to put in real-time rendered HD animations that are common in video games (usually with $10M or even $100M budgets).

We put a lot of time into figuring out how to use the playfield LCD in each game to make sure the content works well with the game. In Heist, the background image is constantly scrolling, and that makes the base image a little more interesting than a traditional playfield with static artwork. It has about a 60s loop, meaning you get to see a bit of diversity, and the sense of movement works really well with the characters moving through mode objectives in this Ocean City-based theme. Much like how traditional games use the backbox display, we then add more dynamic content based on what's happening in the modes. There *are* explosions, popups, flybys, etc, and there's a lot of video content that's overlayed in interesting ways to describe what's happening in the game. I'm sure a future release will have even more content, and that too will connect the visual feedback to what you're doing in the game.

I appreciate that the large canvas makes it easy to hold us to a higher standard than games with a static playfield and a small screen in the backbox. All of our games use the LCD differently, and future games will as well. We also encourage anybody with strong opinions about how to use the LCD to get involved in P3 game development. The Unity game engine is very popular and pretty easy to use, and it has a large development and support community. Sometimes we think we have great ideas, implement them, and realize they didn't work out as well as we hoped; so we throw that away and try something else. Unity makes it easy to experiment and then change course. It's definitely easier than printing a playfield and then throwing it away!

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#208 4 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

If it makes you feel any better, nearly every game in your collection has shittier artwork.

#209 4 years ago

Damn. If Multimorphic keeps making games like this I might have to break down and get a p3. You can buy a new pin for 6-7k or buy these add-ons for ~2.6k each. It'd be cool to have one pin that can transform into several different games.

My friend has a p3 and he just got the cosmic racing add-on. And now Heist is out? Nice work!

#210 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

If it makes you feel any better, nearly every game in your collection has shittier artwork.

lol

#211 4 years ago

You sound like you try to put some thought into your posts and aim for useful criticism.
I would assert no thought was applied to choosing these two words.

-mof

#212 4 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

It looks like a child's youtube flash cartoon. Trash is a perfect descriptor of it in my book. Its the worst art I've seen on a recent game since Mafia.

Are you talking about the animations in the teaser video or the game? I agree that the animations in the teaser video are simple, but I think they do the job of introducing the story well enough. The animations in the game look very polished to me, probably because they don't try to do too much. Most importantly, I think the art style is uniform across the animations, cabinet and playfield, which ties everything together. Oktoberfest is an example of a recent game which I think you could say fairly subjectively has worse art. Not because I don't like the art, but because the art style on the backglass, cabinet, plastics and playfield are all so different.

Quoted from Haymaker:

Well...his name is Frank Bigalow .The plot of a pinball machine has to be simple, so that everyone can immediately understand it, especially when you have a non-licensed theme that people are unfamiliar with. Dialed In is an example of what happens when you make an overly complicated plot - people have trouble connecting to it.

#213 4 years ago

My friend made this for me. Fits 2 playfields and will slide under a pinball machine. PM me if interested.

Resized_20200325_201615 (resized).jpegResized_20200325_201615 (resized).jpegResized_20200325_201623 (resized).jpegResized_20200325_201623 (resized).jpegResized_20200325_201629 (resized).jpegResized_20200325_201629 (resized).jpeg
#214 4 years ago

The troll in this thread... is in Illinois… never mind - cooler head; best to not feed the troll.
In all seriousness; who comes into a thread and spouts garbage and trash about a game he's never played based upon preconceived notation's of what a pinball machine is. He probably owns a 1up pinball machine and thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread.

I have played both the Heist and CCR career mode... and look forward to putting one on Layway when the economy gets better.

#215 4 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

The troll in this thread... is in Illinois…
never mind - cooler head; best to not feed the troll.
In all seriousness; who comes into a thread and spouts garbage and trash about a game he's never played based upon preconceived notation's of what a pinball machine is. He probably owns a 1up pinball machine and thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread.
I have played both the Heist and CCR career mode... and look forward to putting one on Layway when the economy gets better.

Well said. No posts from the troll in 12 hours. Must be in his cave.

#216 4 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

The troll in this thread... is in Illinois…
never mind - cooler head; best to not feed the troll.

Explain more about "Career mode" if you will? I have been advocating for one of the pin companies to implement some of the challenge modes and score chase modes Zen has on their B/W digital tables for quite some time. These modes make the games much more fun, and give different play options over the standard 3-ball traditional game.

#217 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Explain more about "Career mode"

Instead of the game ending after a race you can save your progress and upgrade your cart with better equipment. Instead of one race and done now there are multiple races to choose from.

#218 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

My friend made this for me. Fits 2 playfields and will slide under a pinball machine. PM me if interested.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice module caddy.. I would have thought the playfield come in a storage container of some sort, is this not the case?

#219 4 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

I would have thought the playfield come in a storage container of some sort, is this not the case?

They come in cardboard shipping boxes packed with foam to suspend the playfield without harm. The boxes are wider than the playfield by a bit - they still fit under the machine, but you have to put them in from the side.

#220 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

My friend made this for me. Fits 2 playfields and will slide under a pinball machine. PM me if interested.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Will this fit inside a plastic container? Might be too wide, but that would make the ultimate storage to have it enclosed in a hard plastic shell. Kind of like a turtle inside his shell. Boy I can't wait for Stern to release TMNT. Turtle Power!

#221 4 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Instead of the game ending after a race you can save your progress and upgrade your cart with better equipment. Instead of one race and done now there are multiple races to choose from.

Does career mode carry over from game to game or just race to race within a single game?

#222 4 years ago
Quoted from foobeer:

Does career mode carry over from game to game or just race to race within a single game?

Self-contained within a single game. You earn money, upgrade your cart, run races, etc. End of the game is the end. New games start fresh.

#223 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

blatantly and objectively false lol. You people are out of your minds, I honestly hope each and every single one of you purchase a P3 from Gerry after this. I'll be watching

Quoted from pipes:

haymaker - For someone that is so critical of artwork, your collection of games isn't exactly filled with Picasso's.

How come you felt the need to change so much of the art on your The Shadow?

Quoted from ToucanF16:

Well said. No posts from the troll in 12 hours. Must be in his cave.

I was having a nice dinner with my girlfriend. Seriously, this whole "YoUr'E a TrOlL"thing is not a good look. I'm not here to troll and thats just silly. I called bad art bad. Sorry that makes you guys so angry

Look, I'm not trying to keep popping in here and stirring shit up. Attack me all you want or agree or be indifferent, I don't care, but I'm sure everyone would prefer to let discussion of the game to continue instead of getting riled up at me or vice versa

#224 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

The $10K initial ask is a hurdle, there's no way around it. And candidly, none of their games are $10K good, but I'd argue there is no such thing. The value prop comes from multiple games, and getting 3 more playfields and all the mini-games for an extra $6K is a hell of a deal.

And I think there is value in having others make games you can load and you being able to create a game on the platform...

#225 4 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

How come you felt the need to change so much of the art on your The Shadow?

I actually bought it that way. Not sure how you justify your incredibly poor choice of words just because I don't have the original translite on my Shadow.

#226 4 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I called bad art bad.

Now THAT would be an adjective.

Still no "opinion", the way you phrase it.

Troll on!

Here's for helpers how to formulate an opinion with adjectives:
"I think the art looks horrible."
"I think the art is fugly, since I am an adult and dead inside; disliking any cartoon animation whatsoever, except hentai."

#227 4 years ago
Quoted from foobeer:

I always liked Lexy Lightspeed, but not enough to own it.

Same here, but I like what I see of Heist way more. I'll probably never own it, though. I would want it as a dedicated Heist pin with the Heist side art and no intention of buying any other modules. The P3 cost structure makes more sense for guys who want several game modules to swap out.

Quoted from Cheeks:

The $10K initial ask is a hurdle, there's no way around it.

I never thought I would pay that much for a game, but I paid almost $9400 for Elvira LE NIB last year and have spent hundreds on mods for it since. The best I can do is make Heist the first pin ever on my wish list (and feel bad every time I look at the list).

#228 4 years ago

Now I am starting to be really interested... any distro in Europe?

#229 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

any distro in Europe?

You're in luck - Multimorphic announced distribution by RS-Pinball recently.

http://www.rs-pinball.at/p3-heist/

#230 4 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

You're in luck - Multimorphic announced distribution by RS-Pinball recently.
http://www.rs-pinball.at/p3-heist/

That's cool,... yet a bit optimistic at the moment.

#231 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

I actually bought it that way. Not sure how you justify your incredibly poor choice of words just because I don't have the original translite on my Shadow.

LOL. Makes no sense at all. He's just a troll as we can all see.

#232 4 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

It looks like a child's youtube flash cartoon. Trash is a perfect descriptor of it in my book. Its the worst art I've seen on a recent game since Mafia.

I'm curious about what games you might suggest as having better art? And also for you to describe why it's better? Constructive feedback.

Both @rarehero and I have been very critical of game art in the past, and of Multimorphic in particular, and we both independently said that the artwork on Heist is pretty good. Personally I think it's a huge improvement and invokes the Grand Theft Auto style which makes sense and fits the theme really well. It's playful but has action and movement in it. It's not static and it's fully integrated. The playfield is truly a city under glass.

In contrast, from your collection, Demolition Man has been widely criticized for the backglass art. I also own one and I have to agree, it's pretty mediocre and hardly Linda Deal's best work. Are you saying DM is better than Heist? DM is muddy, flat and lifeless.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to your detailed analysis.

#233 4 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I honestly hope each and every single one of you purchase a P3 from Gerry after this. I'll be watching

Already did and the Heist kit will here in a couple of weeks. Doesn't bother me that you don't like the artwork, I do and it's been a long time since I've been this excited for a new game.

#234 4 years ago

If I were going to buy a NIB game right now, it would be this. I don't think anything available right now can even compare, particularly anything that has come out recently. The biggest pinball tech innovations of 2020 before this was a projector and a toy car fidget spinner on a stick - it's laughable. The money is well spent here.

#235 4 years ago

Can't the guy just think it looks bad without writing a dissertation? I certainly don't see much detailed justification when umpteen people say something looks "great!" Two-way street.

#236 4 years ago

I'll be streaming on Saturday at 1pm CDT through Jack Danger's DeadFlip channel. Looking forward to showing it off and answering all of your questions!

https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

Heist_StreamAnnouncement (resized).pngHeist_StreamAnnouncement (resized).png
#237 4 years ago

Not to be that guy but can we get this back on track? He's entitled to his opinion as am I (and everyone else). Some people chose to communicate different than others as well. I know I tend to be a bit abrasive without intention a lot of the time especially when I'm passionate about something. I'd just like to keep this more on the launch and the achievements that the p3 team has made. Now for me to stop being hypocritical (making a post not really about the game when asking others to do the same).....

Are there any other streams of the game? I'd really like to see and hear more.

gstellenberg , any chance of a stream of you playing and talking through the game? For those that don't know, Gerry is a phenomenal pinball player!

*Edit - LOL, and it looks like a stream is coming. I had to rewrite this so many times he posted before I could ask. Looking forward to it.

#238 4 years ago

I believe this will be the game which lifts multimorphic into the big leagues. i love the theme. i love the PF and the crane mech is amazing. that crane blows out any other crane in pinball history ever! this is quite the venture by MM. I have considered buying P3 before, and really became interested when jason fowler posted his video about his P3. I and always thought I would buy a NOB single owner P3 someday.

this release may just accelerate my purchase decision. I have really never been this impressed with a PF mech EVER. IMO this is the coolest Mech in pinball in the last 20 years. easily! I have never played a P3, so I really need to find one to play it and see how it feels, but if it feels as good as it looks, then I'm totally in.

#239 4 years ago

and by the way, lets just agree to disagree with Haymaker. we dont need to bog the thread down with arguments. everyone is entitled to their opinion

thats the beauty of forums....the banter and the discourse. lets just move forward

#240 4 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

I'll be streaming on Saturday at 1pm CST through Jack Danger's DeadFlip channel.

5am Sunday for East Coast Australia, I think I can do that. Will set the alarm.

#241 4 years ago

I'll be streaming on Saturday at 1pm CST through Jack Danger's DeadFlip channel. Looking forward to showing it off and answering all of your questions!
https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com[quoted image]

So we get Heist and the Twippys in one day!

#242 4 years ago

I'll be streaming on Saturday at 1pm CST

Quoted from solarvalue:

5am Sunday for East Coast Australia

Double-check that time before you set your alarm. gstellenberg did you mean CDT? We aren’t on standard time right now.

#243 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

LOL. Makes no sense at all. He's just a troll as we can all see.

Ive been a member here for over 5 years incident free lol do you guys even understand how silly calling me a troll is? Because my opinion rubs you the wrong way and pointing out the hypocrisy i'm a troll. Ok boomers.

Quoted from pipes:

And side art no small task there. i just found the fact you bought a game known for its horrible art with a different art package to be funny, given your criticisms of me. Maybe the price was too good to pass up, but I'm willing to bet you paid a premium for the aurich updated art packge already installed.

You guys are funny. I'll see ya'll around, keep on flippin!

#244 4 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Double-check that time before you set your alarm. gstellenberg did you mean CDT? We aren’t on standard time right now.

Fixed, thanks. 1pm CDT.

#245 4 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

And side art no small task there. i just found the fact you bought a game known for its horrible art with a different art package to be funny, given your criticisms of me.

Side art? Where are you getting this stuff? Are you peaking through my basement window or something? The cabinet art is all original. Not sure what you’re even referring to and why that matters. This whole thing has clearly gone over your head because it actually has nothing to do with liking or disliking art. Anyway, you’re not worth anymore of my time.

Back on topic discussing this amazing game the Multimorphic team created. Looking forward to the stream!

#246 4 years ago

Great time to be a P3 owner! Cooped up in the house, with my new Cosmic Cart playfield and the 2.0 beta release, as well as Heist ordered and on its way.

#247 4 years ago

I just recorded an interview with my daughter about Heist for my podcast: http://foramusementonly.libsyn.com/episode-466-heist-p3-game-interview-with-ava-baldridge-3-26-20

She's a big fan, and we have a discussion about the game, the software (and theories about how certain things work), the shots, the upper flipper assembly, and more. I've interviewed her several times over the years, and it's always a fun time.

#248 4 years ago

I just recorded an interview with my daughter about Heist for my podcast: http://foramusementonly.libsyn.com/episode-466-heist-p3-game-interview-with-ava-baldridge-3-26-20
She's a big fan, and we have a discussion about the game, the software (and theories about how certain things work), the shots, the upper flipper assembly, and more. I've interviewed her several times over the years, and it's always a fun time.

Nick, tell your daughter that I absolutely loved her interview. I have no idea what skill level she is at, but a huge goal for me personally was to make this game approachable for players of all skill levels. As machines and ruleset have gotten more complex over the years I feel like pins have gotten more inscrutable for most non-pinheads. Her enthusiasm gives me hope that we may have succeeded in that goal.

#249 4 years ago

I liked the interview.
It's a nice thing to have to release the imprisoned characters to be able to start that mode again. Makes sense, and it gives you choices. If I understand correctly: you can just let a thief 'rot in jail' and play the other modes, but if you want all modes to be available, you'll have to free the thief(s) out of jail. So the more modes you haven't finished, the less modes are available, so you'll feel the need to free them more, right?

For the European market: there's RS-pinball in Austria (http://www.rs-pinball.at/produkt/p3-heist-fg/) but for now only e pre-order option without the full price is on their site. That'll change I suppose. Not sure if they'll have a demo-game so you can play it there? Even though Austria is to far away to go and test it, I hope they'll have one for customers to play.

Ministry of pinball (https://www.ministryofpinball.nl ) says on their site that they're selling a Multimorphic game, but not specified which one and it's not in stock.

It would be nice if Pinball Universe would be a distributor as well, for they're big and they often bring games to pinball-events. (and they're located closer to me )

#250 4 years ago

I just recorded an interview with my daughter about Heist for my podcast

Really great interview, sounds like you guys are having a great time with it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Meriden, CT
$ 20.00
$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

There are 862 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heist-revealed-by-multimorphic/page/5?hl=crile1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.