Heist-Update_HD_V3 (resized).jpg
F9759C57-28C7-4028-A4AC-48E1F9698091 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8139 (resized).jpg
8ECE6551-B1FC-438A-B117-EFDD11722245_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
7F0C41B6-5198-4EB7-A673-DCA264582295_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
57C8A65A-1DA0-4D8A-8D66-D87153D184CC_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
22F47281-AEB4-49E9-9668-5E45E3087EF7_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 862 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 18.
#151 4 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Instead of returning the ball to be re-shot like many games, the ball is actually safely tucked under the flipper - when the scoring is completed the flipper pops up and out comes your ball.

So it's like an extra place where you could lock a ball. Very clever use of that space and flipper coil.

#152 4 years ago

Super packed. 2 magnets, multiple diverters, a pop, bunches of stand-ups, 2 ramps and that crane! Extremely versatile and works perfectly. I've been amazed at how well.
My daughters have been playing pretty much non-stop today... I have to beg them to let me join in.
As far as making games with it... I might have an idea or two... But gotta finish one thing before moving to the next, haha!

And lots of buildings with (all of them individually controlled?) lights.

#153 4 years ago
Quoted from sven:

all of them individually controlled?) lights.

You got it! As with every P3 game, every light is individually controlled/controllable. At least from my understanding and the appearance it provides from a player's perspective.

Game got a little over 8 hours of continuous play last night. What a fantastic game!

#154 4 years ago

Need more streams...Anyone else got one of these coming?

#155 4 years ago

What a great looking game and theme. Well done. Won’t lie many of the past game kits were nice but nothing to win me over to take the jump on this platform but this game just might do it. Well done team P3 love it.

#156 4 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Need more streams...Anyone else got one of these coming?

Yep - working on the setup. I'll do the next stream so I can play some and answer questions.

Originally we planned on having the full team together with Jack Danger to do a big first stream, but we're rolling with the punches. When the rig is ready to go, I'll schedule the stream and let you all know.

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#157 4 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

When the rig is ready to go, I'll schedule the stream and let you all know.

Thanks Gerry, looking forward to it.

#158 4 years ago

My older daughter is obsessed! She played for another couple of hours last night and the first thing she asked me this morning was if she could play as soon as I finished work this evening. My kids like working on machines and learning about the interior. I showed her how to change modules, how the trough functioned, and the flap on the front that allows you to slide out the components. She also asked about the artwork, "wouldn't it be cool if you could get Heist artwork?" I told her that you could, I just didn't do so and her mind was blown. Haha! The P3 is an excellent platform and Heist is absolutely fantastic. Can't say enough good things.

My daughter's average scores are about even with mine now, looking forward to her cracking the high score table first!

#159 4 years ago

The garbage art and cheesy story ruin it for me. Its worse than dialed in by a huge margin. The mechanicals look cool though

#160 4 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

The garbage art and cheesy story ruin it for me. Its worse than dialed in by a huge margin. The mechanicals look cool though

So, are you saying you buy pinball machines for the story?

#161 4 years ago

This is a really amazing reveal - the first video definitely got me interested. And then seeing how packed the top is, wow! Would love to play one of these some day

#162 4 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

The garbage art and cheesy story ruin it for me. Its worse than dialed in by a huge margin.

I like the art style personally and the voice overs are professionally done. So different strokes.

I hope the game is "fun".

#163 4 years ago

While everyone was busy focusing on Deeproot and their smoke and mirrors "innovations" that nobody has seen, p3 just came in under the radar and smoked everyone with this game. There is more innovation in this machine than anything else in pinball, and I am stoked to see how well most everyone is receiving this game. The whole package is a major upgrade for this platform, and I think it should sell pretty well.

#164 4 years ago

I always liked Lexy Lightspeed, but not enough to own it as a single pin. I also liked the idea of p3 being multiple games, but cannon lagoon and cosmic cart racing, didn't quite feel pinball enough for me to consider those full games for home. This all changes with Heist. Now I am seriously considering owning a p3 in the future because now with Lexy and Heist, I look at those as 2 full games in one platform. Also Heist gives me hope that more full game modules will be coming in the future.

Speaking of future games, I love that the multimorphic team encourages people to build their own software and even game modules for the platform. I would love to see some boutique companies building more p3 games.

The homebrew builds on pinside are amazing, but if I were to ever try something similar on my own, I would definitely lean towards using the p3 to build a standalone playfield module instead of building everything from the ground up.

#165 4 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

If your comparing it to Dialed In that’s very high praise!I sold my beloved Adams Family to buy a LE and I’ve never regretted it.

#166 4 years ago
Quoted from foobeer:

The homebrew builds on pinside are amazing, but if I were to ever try something similar on my own, I would definitely lean towards using the p3 to build a standalone playfield module instead of building everything from the ground up.

I won't plug my own stuff too hard here, but for those that don't know, I'm doing a homebrew (software) game using the Lexy playfield -- to start. I cannot say enough nice things about the development environment and how the SDK works with you to maintain logical separation of display vs. code. I walked into it knowing nothing about Unity or C# and am now typing up pretty complex modes on my lunch break with ease.

On the hardware side, the specs are provided for building your own module, and with the expandability of the boardset that Multimorphic has developed, you can control anything in any quantity that you could imagine.

I've built a couple of homebrews previously, and my third I've built on the P3. It saves so much time, it's crazy. It's a really, -really- great place to start working on your own game. The interaction between the screen and the ball is easy to control (along with all the typical physical aspects) and everything is just super well thought out. Definitely check into it if you have any interest at all in making a game. It will save you quite a few hours, believe me. The
modularity is off-the-charts exceptional. You can, for example, program a game to work with multiple playfields. And that's the tip of the iceberg.

Multimorphic has always answered every question I've had quickly and efficiently. Their support is phenomenal.

This is an amazing platform and ecosystem, headed by a really fantastic company. I hope you pick it up and run with it!

#167 4 years ago

I won't plug my own stuff too hard here, but for those that don't know, I'm doing a homebrew (software) game using the Lexy playfield -- to start. I cannot say enough nice things about the development environment and how the SDK works with you to maintain logical separation of display vs. code. I walked into it knowing nothing about Unity or C# and am now typing up pretty complex modes on my lunch break with ease.
On the hardware side, the specs are provided for building your own module, and with the expandability of the boardset that Multimorphic has developed, you can control anything in any quantity that you could imagine.
I've built a couple of homebrews previously, and my third I've built on the P3. It saves so much time, it's crazy. It's a really, -really- great place to start working on your own game. The interaction between the screen and the ball is easy to control (along with all the typical physical aspects) and everything is just super well thought out. Definitely check into it if you have any interest at all in making a game. It will save you quite a few hours, believe me. The
modularity is off-the-charts exceptional. You can, for example, program a game to work with multiple playfields. And that's the tip of the iceberg.
Multimorphic has always answered every question I've had quickly and efficiently. Their support is phenomenal.
This is an amazing platform and ecosystem, headed by a really fantastic company. I hope you pick it up and run with it!

That is awesome! I know you said during your Heist gameplay that you don't normally stream, but do you have some way to follow your progress?

#169 4 years ago
Quoted from foobeer:

but cannon lagoon and cosmic cart racing, didn't quite feel pinball enough for me to consider those full games for home

I agree with Cannon Lagoon and CCR 1.0 wholeheartedly. I have each of those playfields as part of the early adopter promotion I got in on. CL is not my speed. I might put it in once a year, if that. CCR was not too far off from that when I first got it. The race-only dynamic seemed forced and and frankly, pretty boring. That playfield collected dust for a year until CCR 2.0 dropped. While there's still some polishing that should happen with it, the new rules are quite fun, and the playfield has FLOW for days. Possibly the smoothest game I've ever played, and I have a bunch of Steve Ritchie games. None of this means CCR 2.0 will be your speed, but if you ruled it out based on 1.0, definitely give it another chance. It's 100% a different game, and I love everything about it more than the original incarnation. I've always been a fan of Lexy, but at least at the moment, I'm digging CCR 2.0 more than Lexy. ymmv

#170 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I agree with Cannon Lagoon and CCR 1.0 wholeheartedly. I have each of those playfields as part of the early adopter promotion I got in on. CL is not my speed. I might put it in once a year, if that. CCR was not too far off from that when I first got it. The race-only dynamic seemed forced and and frankly, pretty boring. That playfield collected dust for a year until CCR 2.0 dropped. While there's still some polishing that should happen with it, the new rules are quite fun, and the playfield has FLOW for days. Possibly the smoothest game I've ever played, and I have a bunch of Steve Ritchie games. None of this means CCR 2.0 will be your speed, but if you ruled it out based on 1.0, definitely give it another chance. It's 100% a different game, and I love everything about it more than the original incarnation. I've always been a fan of Lexy, but at least at the moment, I'm digging CCR 2.0 more than Lexy. ymmv

Great...looks like I now have to get a 3 game bundle. If the wife asks, I'm blaming you.

Seriously though, thanks for the info. I would love to see a stream of CCR 2.0. Do you have Grand Slam for the canyon lagoon playfield? All my kids and all their friends play baseball and wondering if it would be worth Grand Slam alone.

#171 4 years ago
Quoted from foobeer:

I would love to see a stream of CCR 2.0.

(I'm still not a good player)

Quoted from foobeer:

wondering if it would be worth Grand Slam alone.

I have wondered this a bunch myself. I am really interested in getting it after playing it at last years' TPF. I work on EM pitch and bats, and with the capabilities of the P3 playfield, it's like several of the best pitch and bat games rolled into one!

Quoted from foobeer:

Great...looks like I now have to get a 3 game bundle.

Looking forward to having you in the club!

Quoted from Cheeks:

the new rules are quite fun, and the playfield has FLOW for days.

The thing I love most about CCR is the playfield design. It's CRAZY fast and fun. I love the hidden pathways that change your shot based on the speed of the ball. Just ingenious.

#172 4 years ago
Quoted from foobeer:

I'm blaming you

I'm not taking any credit for any of that.

You should watch a stream of the game if you can. It has "modes" per se, but they're the kind of thing that runs alongside whatever else is going on. For example, you ultimately want to run races, but you need money as an entry fee. To earn money, you can "start a job" which requires you to hit a number of shots to get paid. You can also hit RPM shots which increases your score multiplier, run time trials (a hurry-up of 5 shots to the horseshoe / inner loop), etc. All of these things can be running in parallel. So it's not like a typical mode-based game where starting a mode takes over your single objective at that point in the game. I think the only thing that takes over the game is running a race.

The gameplay feels a lot less linear than mode-based games, because you can alter your strategy on the fly, based on what you have running at the time and what you're close to completing. I'm loving it right now, but I can see how it might not be for everyone, and I might not want it as a single P3 game. But it plays nothing like Lexy or presumably Heist!, so it really is a nice change of pace. I wish it had a bit more story to go along with it. Like what is this "job" I'm completing to earn money? It never says anything about it. But this was all built out of the race-only 1.0 version of the game, so I'm not surprised there aren't really story elements.

If you like slower, evaluate your shot style games, it's not for you. If you like more free-flowing, keep the shots going, then it may be up your alley.

Quoted from foobeer:

Do you have Grand Slam for the canyon lagoon playfield?

I played the trial, but it wasn't really my thing. I'm a huge fan of the old pitch-and-bats, but this didn't resonate with me. Mine was running sorta buggy, so that may have been part of it. I just don't get a lot of replay satisfaction out of the mini-games. Although I do like me some ROCS. Others have really enjoyed Grand Slam, so each their own. That said, it would cost $1900 for Cannon Lagoon + Grand Slam vs. $2500 for CCR. One is a single full-featured game and the other is 2 redemption-style games. Comes down to preference I guess.

#173 4 years ago

Just listened to the Kaneda interview, great job Gerry! I am so excited about this game, it really does showcase this platform. I get it now!!

#174 4 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Always a spare prick at every wedding.

#175 4 years ago

This virus crap is killing me (well I hope not).

I would have already ordered if it wasn’t for the freakin mess we’re in now.

#176 4 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

What I sometimes ponder with such posters is if they truly believe anybody is the slightest bit interested in reading such worthless vitriol or if they are just trolls who take pleasure in being irritating. Either way, a sad lot.

#177 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

This virus crap is killing me (well I hope not).
I would have already ordered if it wasn’t for the freakin mess we’re in now.

Yep, same here.

#178 4 years ago

Now that I’m thinking about Multimorphic more and more - how does the pricing work? I see the whole platform is $10K, but do you just get 1 game with that? Obviously a game of your choice.. but what else do you get for 10K? That’s quite a bit of cash

#179 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Now that I’m thinking about Multimorphic more and more - how does the pricing work? I see the whole platform is $10K, but do you just get 1 game with that? Obviously a game of your choice.. but what else do you get for 10K? That’s quite a bit of cash

They have it fairly well outlined on the website including the special package discounts. Intrigued by the 15k option which includes Every game they made. Lot of cash but that’s a lot of games.

#180 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

So, are you saying you buy pinball machines for the story?

If the story is being featured this hard and the game has as much interactivity as a p3 then yes. This could also be described as the theme, which yes, does matter to me. Its something I can get past on a lot of games, but as it becomes more and more prominent it becomes harder to ignore.

Quoted from romulusx:

If your comparing it to Dialed In that’s very high praise!I sold my beloved Adams Family to buy a LE and I’ve never regretted it.

I actually really like dialed in, and I would own one, but theres no doubt the worst aspect of dialed in and the number one reason it sold so poorly is its bad art and theme. Well, Dialed in seems like a masterpiece compared to this imo

Quoted from branlon8:

What I sometimes ponder with such posters is if they truly believe anybody is the slightest bit interested in reading such worthless vitriol or if they are just trolls who take pleasure in being irritating. Either way, a sad lot.

No trolling or vitriol, its just my opinion. Trust me, I'm sure you're all just as much interested in my "negative" opinion as I am in your oral pleasuring of a game. I guess I am just disappointed because I think the game would be awesome if the art didn't look like hot trash. That said, if you like it, then thats great! I seriously hope you guys go out and buy one from Gerry because he's definitely one of the good guys. But I know how this song and dance goes, everyone praises everything and nobody ever buys, just like houdini, just like octoberfest, just like dialed in, ect, ect. I truly hope that is not the case here however. Just callin it like I see it.

#181 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yeah, it's definitely a bit on the expensive side to take that initial plunge. That and fear or ease of resell and value has always made me hesitant. And now at this point, I'm not sure I could pull the trigger without going all in. I'd love to get their special for $15,995 that includes all current games, playfields, and mini games. The HD backbox display was previously considered an upgrade for $899 but looks like it's included with all the new bundles.

https://www.multimorphic.com/store/p3-pinball-machine/p3-pinball-machine/

Current specials (available through April 17, 2020):

P3 with Heist : $9,995
P3 with all currently available games (game kits + mini-games) : $15,995

*All P3’s now include our high definition, full-sized backbox display

#182 4 years ago
Quoted from foobeer:

P3 with all currently available games (game kits + mini-games) : $15,995

That is a heckuva deal for the amount of gameplay you get... I bought each playfield one at a time and have never felt shortchanged. This would keep you entertained for quite some time.

That backbox monitor is super nice. I bought my cab without and that was the first upgrade. Worth every penny.

Quoted from foobeer:

Yeah, it's definitely a bit on the expensive side to take that initial plunge.

I felt the same way, and saved up for a long time. But I looked at what I was purchasing, and definitely with an eye to developing games. Even if you don't want to develop, there's a -lot- to love about the platform, just from a maintenance standpoint.

Once the initial purchase was done, there really isn't anything like being able to buy a brand new game for less than half of the cost (or even less!) of the nearest competitor... it's really great. Multiple games on the same playfield make it easier to stick with a single module, but the modules are really cool.

#183 4 years ago

I’m in! Just ordered Heist and the art kit!

#184 4 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

But I know how this song and dance goes, everyone praises everything and nobody ever buys, just like houdini, just like octoberfest, just like dialed in, ect, ect.

Well, I have a P3...with Heist! on order. I also have Octoberfest. Just sayin.

#185 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

They have it fairly well outlined on the website including the special package discounts. Intrigued by the 15k option which includes Every game they made. Lot of cash but that’s a lot of games.

The $10K initial ask is a hurdle, there's no way around it. And candidly, none of their games are $10K good, but I'd argue there is no such thing. The value prop comes from multiple games, and getting 3 more playfields and all the mini-games for an extra $6K is a hell of a deal.

#186 4 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

But I know how this song and dance goes, everyone praises everything and nobody ever buys, just like houdini, just like octoberfest, just like dialed in, ect, ect. I truly hope that is not the case here however. Just callin it like I see it.

Support is important but it’s a valid point.
Good effort, mechanical seems good. Art is ok for me and the story not a big fan but I would like to test it/try it for sure to get a better opinion.
I don’t get the interaction with the main display: doesn’t seem to be used as much as it could be.
With a big screen like that, tracing ball, unexpected animations, explosions or else would have be good to add to the building animation which seems to be always the same. Maybe for a future update?
It’s also good to hear constructive criticism and not only praise IMO even if the team is friendly I get that. This game is a good step forward for this ptf but there is some work left to create interest for masses.
Unfortunatly not the best time for launch, hope it will do well.

#187 4 years ago

It’s always a good time for lunch But especially at noon

#188 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Thinking about Heist... also have DI, Houdini...

#189 4 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

It’s always a good time for lunch But especially at noon

Tks. Corrected.
I’m sure your speak many languages a well. We can switch if you want?

#190 4 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

No trolling or vitriol, its just my opinion.

Opinion: "I don't like the art!"

Trolling: "GARBAGE!!!"

#191 4 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

The garbage art and cheesy story ruin it for me. Its worse than dialed in by a huge margin.

I don't see how this story can be worse than Dialed In. I mean at least this makes sense.
Heist: a group of small-time criminals band together to rob the crooked mayor of Ocean City.
Dialed In: a guy purchases a phone which has the power to start disasters in Quantum City, you are trying to start (or maybe stop - it's not clear) the disasters while the organisation who made the phone tries to get it back.
Which of these makes more sense?

#192 4 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I don't see how this story can be worse than Dialed In. I mean at least this makes sense.
Heist: a group of small-time criminals band together to rob the crooked mayor of Ocean City.
Dialed In: a guy purchases a phone which has the power to start disasters in Quantum City, you are trying to start (or maybe stop - it's not clear) the disasters while the organisation who made the phone tries to get it back.
Which of these makes more sense?

I love heist movies, and to me this is about one if the best themes/stories you can do outside a license that is appealing and recognizable to So many. Great choice imo!

#193 4 years ago

Hey.. gstellenberg … are you offering any layaway plans. ;D
half joking. Wish this damn economy wasn't sh1t so I could sell some stock to fund a Heist module.
It'll be better by Easter; right?

#194 4 years ago

Anyone making a Matrix homebrew for this? This seems like a homebrewers dream pin. Lot's of ways to be creative.

#195 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Thats awesome man, and I mean that with complete sincerity! Let me come over and play

#196 4 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

If the story is being featured this hard and the game has as much interactivity as a p3 then yes. This could also be described as the theme, which yes, does matter to me. Its something I can get past on a lot of games, but as it becomes more and more prominent it becomes harder to ignore.

I actually really like dialed in, and I would own one, but theres no doubt the worst aspect of dialed in and the number one reason it sold so poorly is its bad art and theme. Well, Dialed in seems like a masterpiece compared to this imo

No trolling or vitriol, its just my opinion. Trust me, I'm sure you're all just as much interested in my "negative" opinion as I am in your oral pleasuring of a game. I guess I am just disappointed because I think the game would be awesome if the art didn't look like hot trash. That said, if you like it, then thats great! I seriously hope you guys go out and buy one from Gerry because he's definitely one of the good guys. But I know how this song and dance goes, everyone praises everything and nobody ever buys, just like houdini, just like octoberfest, just like dialed in, ect, ect. I truly hope that is not the case here however. Just callin it like I see it.

The issue isn't that you don't like the platform, ideas, innovation, it's how you express it. Calling someone's hard work "garbage" makes most of us think you're a "garbage" person who probably hasn't accomplished anything half as ambitious.

#197 4 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

This seems like a homebrewers dream pin.

It is. You can design so many different new ideas for pinball. A huge leap forward for pinball as a whole, and homebrewing as a concept. Multimorphic puts out very high quality games and playfields, basically showing us how it can be done, and then as homebrewers, we can take the ball and run as near or as far as we like!

I am interested in seeing others' games for the platform, or, better yet, letting us know when they are available to purchase! They've had two third-party releases for the platform, and both are pretty darn fun. Looking forward to more.

Quoted from Tranquilize:

Calling someone's hard work "garbage"

I see this kind of thing all over the place, especially with pinball, and I have a really hard time with that kind of wording for a creative endeavor. We all know art is subjective, and pinball comprises so many different aspects of 'art'. It takes a tremendous amount of work to make a game. It doesn't matter the platform. Making a cohesive, FUN, complete, and error free software package on your first release? This is something to be lauded regardless of manufacturer.

As someone who owns the game, I can say that I really like the art. The playfield has a lot of fun little illustrations, the cityscape has amusing nods to corporations, and the art on the game screen is not distracting during gameplay. Things like the pieces of cash that float down from the top of the screen are easy to pick out, instantly recognizable, etc.

I find the animated art style charming, and it is very fluid. Unlike flash, which I saw someone reference somewhere (I guess because the vignettes are in a window?), the animation is very smooth. Also my family (small sample size, but still) like it. Maybe look at one in person, or better yet order one and play it.

Again, if you don't like it, that's cool - different strokes, etc - but remember that a team of humans came together to produce this creative endeavor. Would you like your creative work being called garbage? There are different ways to express your distaste.

#198 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

The issue isn't that you don't like the platform, ideas, innovation, it's how you express it. Calling someone's hard work "garbage" makes most of us think you're a "garbage" person who probably hasn't accomplished anything half as ambitious.

I get that, but I'm not going to sugar coat it. It looks like a child's youtube flash cartoon. Trash is a perfect descriptor of it in my book. Its the worst art I've seen on a recent game since Mafia.

Look, here's what bugs me the most, if this was a Stern game, I could say these things and everyone would agree and upvote. I know plenty of other people would be in agreement. It would be considered a joke! Hell, look no further than the heavy metal thread. But since this is P3 and everyone loves Gerry (and rightfully so) people want to handle things with kid gloves or put up some sort of facade. I'm going to call it like I see it. I think p3 is a really cool idea and I would love to see it be a success. I also understand they don't have the kind of budget or reach that a company like stern or even american pinball has. I also understand making so many animations for the art in a p3 game is different than the mostly static art on a standard pin. , but I'm sorry, those excuses don't fly with me. Maybe the art in many of your opinions is OK, or acceptable, and thats fine, but you're kidding yourself if you'd consider what you're seeing here to be high quality.

I also like the idea of a heist, and I do enjoy heist movies, but I cannot think of a more cookie cutter way to implement that theme. Like Mr. Big?? Really? Its like a 4th grader came up with a heist plot.

I'm sort of on the fence, because the mechs and stuff in the game does greatly intrigue me, but its gonna have to be just stellar in order to get me to invest in one. Its kinda like a boat, I sure would like if my friend had one, but I don't want it. All that said, I think this game will do more for P3 than anything previously has, but will it elevate p3 multimorphic to be a somewhat viable player in the pinball market? I have serious doubts, which saddens me, but at the same time it is a nice step in the right direction.

hot take- somebody putting hard work into something doesn't mean its off limits to call their work garbage or any other adjective if thats what you see it as. In fact, I bet all of you do this very thing all the time, whether its music, or movies, or tv shows, ect. Just because this is more personal to you doesn't mean its off limits to call a spade a spade if thats what you're seeing.

#199 4 years ago
Quoted from mab487:

I dropped the streaming equipment at Gerry's yesterday and got to play it a few times.

I wondered whose rig they were using. You lucky dog.

#200 4 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I get that, but I'm not going to sugar coat it. It looks like a child's youtube flash cartoon. Trash is a perfect descriptor of it in my book. Its the worst art I've seen on a recent game since Mafia.
Look, here's what bugs me the most, if this was a Stern game, I could say these things and everyone would agree and upvote. I know plenty of other people would be in agreement. It would be considered a joke! Hell, look no further than the heavy metal thread. But since this is P3 and everyone loves Gerry (and rightfully so) people want to handle things with kid gloves or put up some sort of facade. I'm going to call it like I see it. I think p3 is a really cool idea and I would love to see it be a success. I also understand they don't have the kind of budget or reach that a company like stern or even american pinball has. I also understand making so many animations for the art in a p3 game is different than the mostly static art on a standard pin. , but I'm sorry, those excuses don't fly with me. Maybe the art in many of your opinions is OK, or acceptable, and thats fine, but you're kidding yourself if you'd consider what you're seeing here to be high quality.
I also like the idea of a heist, and I do enjoy heist movies, but I cannot think of a more cookie cutter way to implement that theme. Like Mr. Big?? Really? Its like a 4th grader came up with a heist plot.
I'm sort of on the fence, because the mechs and stuff in the game does greatly intrigue me, but its gonna have to be just stellar in order to get me to invest in one. Its kinda like a boat, I sure would like if my friend had one, but I don't want it. All that said, I think this game will do more for P3 than anything previously has, but will it elevate p3 multimorphic to be a somewhat viable player in the pinball market? I have serious doubts, which saddens me, but at the same time it is a nice step in the right direction.
hot take- somebody putting hard work into something doesn't mean its off limits to call their work garbage or any other adjective if thats what you see it as. In fact, I bet all of you do this very thing all the time, whether its music, or movies, or tv shows, ect. Just because this is more personal to you doesn't mean its off limits to call a spade a spade if thats what you're seeing.

No. You're just wrong. Even calling Stern art "hot garbage" says more about you than the art. It makes you a less likable person.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 20.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
Machine - For Sale
Meriden, CT
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 862 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heist-revealed-by-multimorphic/page/4?hl=crile1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.