Heist-Update_HD_V3 (resized).jpg
F9759C57-28C7-4028-A4AC-48E1F9698091 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8139 (resized).jpg
8ECE6551-B1FC-438A-B117-EFDD11722245_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
7F0C41B6-5198-4EB7-A673-DCA264582295_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
57C8A65A-1DA0-4D8A-8D66-D87153D184CC_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
22F47281-AEB4-49E9-9668-5E45E3087EF7_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 862 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 18.
#101 4 years ago

PinballSTAR is a Multimorphic / P3 distributor - anyone interested in Heist or other P3 platform titles / game platform hit us up !

Great job by Gerry and team !

[email protected]
Joe

#102 4 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

Cool theme, I'm impressed, but not 10k impressed

At some point you would need to bite the bullet and pay for the base system. But think about those of us that already have a P3 and have enjoyed prior games on it. We get to pick up Heist! and any other new modules for $2500. There's no better deal in pinball right now.

Granted I got in super early, which included a lot of incentives, but I'll have the base system and FOUR playfield modules (not counting the software-only games) for $11K. That's insane.

#103 4 years ago

If $10k is too much I got my used one for sale for cheap. Also have to say the service from P3 is top notch. They are very fast to respond to tickets, same day, etc. Great company support.

#104 4 years ago

Best p3 game so far.
This is the make or brake game for p3.
I love the upperplayfield.
And specially that crane thats made with a ton of parts, no money saved.

#105 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Is there any reason why ramp entrances can’t extend over the screen?

From an engineering standpoint you would have to figure out how to protect the entrance. It’s done now with rubber posts. The challenge probably isn’t insurmountable but also not insignificant.

#106 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

At some point you would need to bite the bullet and pay for the base system. But think about those of us that already have a P3 and have enjoyed prior games on it. We get to pick up Heist! and any other new modules for $2500. There's no better deal in pinball right now.
Granted I got in super early, which included a lot of incentives, but I'll have the base system and FOUR playfield modules (not counting the software-only games) for $11K. That's insane.

Will they get to the point there you will need to upgrade the CPU in the older units to play some new games?

#107 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

If $10k is too much I got my used one for sale for cheap. Also have to say the service from P3 is top notch. They are very fast to respond to tickets, same day, etc. Great company support.

Man I wished you were local to me. I’d do my POTC SE for your P3 plus cash.

#108 4 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Will they get to the point there you will need to upgrade the CPU in the older units to play some new games?

Fantastic question.

It is entirely possible that game developers can push the limits of the system, however we factored in some fairly massive overhead when building out the base system. Most of the games on the platform don't even move the needle in terms of load. Everything also uses common off-the-shelf parts. We also never *remove* support for anything as we upgrade the software to try to make things painless for customers that might be on different hardware versions.

#109 4 years ago

Looks like a lot of fun - excited to play it..

#110 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I guess AFM isn’t real pinball.

“Stuff” in the lower 2/3rd doesn’t just mean ramps. Inserts, custom plastics, dancing martians, non-video art... you know, all the things that make it look & feel like a pinball machine.

Not trying to take anything away from people who love these. It’s interesting. I’m looking forward to Nick’s stream and want to play one. Always willing to have my mind changed.

#111 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

“Stuff” in the lower 2/3rd doesn’t just mean ramps. Inserts, custom plastics, dancing martians, non-video art... you know, all the things that make it look & feel like a pinball machine.
Not trying to take anything away from people who love these. It’s interesting. I’m looking forward to Nick’s stream and want to play one. Always willing to have my mind changed.

None of us know how it shoots but it’s packed. The first time I played a P3 I was surprised how much I liked it because people constantly hate on it. I didn’t like Lexy enough to buy one but this has better theme and integration.

It’s strange but I’m more interested in this than anything from American Pinball and they used to make games filled with non video assets.

#112 4 years ago

Everything on the P3 screen can interact with the ball, so there's plenty of "stuff" all over, including side targets on the lower 2/3 of the screen.

#113 4 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Everything on the P3 screen can interact with the ball, so there's plenty of "stuff" all over, including side targets on the lower 2/3 of the screen.

^^^ THIS. Plus, how much mechanical interaction is on the lower 2/3 of AFM and pins similar to AFM? Last time I checked, AFM has two flippers, two slings, and two jiggling martians activated during exactly one mode... on a static artwork playfield.

#114 4 years ago

Maybe p3 could do some custom plastics for around the sides that can be swapped in? I would think the screen gives enough if not more “custom art”

Quoted from yancy:

#115 4 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Don't know if I'll be first, but I'll be streaming it tomorrow late morning/early afternoon. On Youtube under Nicholas Baldridge. Just got everything set back up tonight. I received my copy today! Super fun and hard to put down thus far... but that's how I feel about most P3 games. Hopefully some of you will be able to see tomorrow, and thankfully, since it's Youtube, it'll be available to watch after the fact.
I'll be streaming this and some CCR 2.0 this weekend (and maybe even a new build of my game for the P3).

Please post back with a link when you're starting the stream!

#116 4 years ago

First P3 game I would really like to play!

#117 4 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

two jiggling martians activated during exactly one mode...

Actually 4 and 2 modes.

#118 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I guess AFM isn’t real pinball.
On a side note, this game has more stuff packed into the top 1/3rd than most Sterns have over the entire playfield.

p3 actually has less open area than AFM does. AFM hardly has anything on it at all.

#119 4 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Actually 4 and 2 modes.

He's saying only 2 of those are on the bottom 2/3 of the playfield.

#121 4 years ago

Quick stream, but looked great. Once plane ticket refunds come in, this game is mine.

#122 4 years ago

Ok, crisis averted, I should be back online shortly. I'll see if the same link works. I adjusted my lighting q bit based on feedback. I don't have a ton of room or any expertise in streaming or playing, but I do have cameras... I guess that counts, right?

#123 4 years ago

Change the camera facing the player to face the upper playfield to see the toys please. Want to see all the crane action.

#124 4 years ago

Thanks for the stream.

I think it's a great looking game, with the city as a 'world under the glass', some nice loops and ramps and the crane. I hop to find one to play someday here in the Netherlands (or Belgium of Germany or so). If I really like it, I might buy one. I've never bought a NIB game before, and I can't spend that much money without playing it first, but I do like the idea of having a good game (that what it looks like to me) and have possibility to change modules to have other games as well.

#125 4 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Ok, crisis averted, I should be back online shortly. I'll see if the same link works. I adjusted my lighting q bit based on feedback. I don't have a ton of room or any expertise in streaming or playing, but I do have cameras... I guess that counts, right?

Just finished running the carpet cleaner. Let's do this!

#127 4 years ago
Quoted from sven:

I hop to find one to play someday here in the Netherlands (or Belgium of Germany or so).

gstellenberg can give you information about distributors in your area.

#128 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

Change the camera facing the player to face the upper playfield to see the toys please. Want to see all the crane action.

Sorry I didn't see this before I gave it another shot. I am unfortunately extremely limited in my streaming setup. The player cam is the laptop that is running the streaming software... and if I move it, everything will come unplugged (I'm not usually a streamer).

#129 4 years ago

no worries, thank you for doing this.

#130 4 years ago

Looks like some nice flow and the shots don't seem too hard. I mean, if Nick can make them, right? (I kid, I kid)

#132 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

want to play one. Always willing to have my mind changed.

That's what ultimately changed my mind. Playing Lexi at Bat City Open and really getting to chew down on the rules and shots. It took a little adjusting to get the 'feel' of the flippers and slingshots, but once I could just focus on rules and shots....man, I want that game. I just don't have the money.

#133 4 years ago

That crane looks amazing. Seeing it jet out. Well done.

#134 4 years ago

Thanks for streaming Nick. Game looks great.

#135 4 years ago
Quoted from Toppers:

I sure hope those 6 drops that are all multicolored at some point then into a red and blue police siren like the top of a car. That’s a given hopefully.

Just saw this happen in Nick's stream above, very cool!

I'm about half way into watching this stream and, man, this game is looking amazing. Very clear directions on the screen about what to shoot at, call-outs and music are awesome (love the air-raid siren), lots of interesting modes (under-flipper shot is a great idea), multiball starts are exciting and a lot of personality in the characters. There's even a car chase. Looks like a heap of work went into this. Congrats Multimorphic!

Nick, has to be the luckiest guy in lock-down right about now. Would love to have one of these to play.

#136 4 years ago

Sadly this was just posted by American Pinball:

TO ALL OUR VALUED CUSTOMERS AND PARTNERS:

All manufacturing is currently on hold for an indefinite period of time following the announcement by the Governor of the State of Illinois, J.B. Pritzker, putting a pause on all non-essential businesses until further notice. Schools have been closed until April 20th and residents of the state are to remain indoors unless there is an emergency. Grocery stores, gas stations, pharmacies are just a few of the businesses which are allowed to remain open.

#137 4 years ago

This game actually looks really cool. Considering my space issues, this might be a good option.

#138 4 years ago
Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

Sadly this was just posted by American Pinball:
TO ALL OUR VALUED CUSTOMERS AND PARTNERS:
All manufacturing is currently on hold for an indefinite period of time following the announcement by the Governor of the State of Illinois, J.B. Pritzker, putting a pause on all non-essential businesses until further notice. Schools have been closed until April 20th and residents of the state are to remain indoors unless there is an emergency. Grocery stores, gas stations, pharmacies are just a few of the businesses which are allowed to remain open.

I understand you want to get info out, but don't want to confuse new potential customers. P3 Multimorphic has nothing to do with American Pinball. They are based in Texas and per Gerry's email, they have machines and playfields already built. Obviously, supply chains will likely slow or dry up soon, but he said they are going to keep building until/if that happens.

#139 4 years ago

My bad. SOOO sorry I placed this in the wrong thread. Mods: feel free to remove. I feel stupid now.

#140 4 years ago
Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

My bad. SOOO sorry I placed this in the wrong thread. Mods: feel free to remove. I feel stupid now.

You can easily edit your own post.

#141 4 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

This game actually looks really cool. Considering my space issues, this might be a good option.

Great game to own during a lockdown.

#142 4 years ago

I dropped the streaming equipment at Gerry's yesterday and got to play it a few times. Man, this game is really fun. I was definitely getting the "just one more game" feeling and was super impressed with the crane, very versatile and well integrated into the game.

Quoted from frolic:

That crane looks amazing. Seeing it jet out. Well done.

It's also a bash toy which is really cool.

Looking forward to putting even more time on it! Well done Gerry and team!

#143 4 years ago
Quoted from mab487:

I dropped the streaming equipment at Gerry's yesterday and got to play it a few times.

Thanks again, Mark. I'm looking forward to putting that gear to use!

About manufacturing...

Our decisions in the short term are focused on 2 priorities:
1) Keep people and families safe. This is highest priority, period. This is a difficult time for everybody, and the health and well-being of our team is more important than business right now.
2) Shipping products to customers.

We have a number of playfields built and ready to ship and a handful more just pending testing/packing. We're running a very reduced staff right now but still expect to get a number of units shipped quickly. We also have parts for a lot more machines and playfields. We have horror story after story about vendors having delays or dropping out completely, but we've worked through backup plans after backup plan and managed to keep our inventory pipeline full, even for Heist playfields. The entire team stepped up and helped where necessary so we could make sure to have playfields and machines ready to go when we announced the game.

So we'll get a number of machines and playfields shipped this week (assuming shipping companies stay active). Then, as soon as things calm down, we'll jump right back into full production. Parts are staged and ready to go.

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

2020-03-05 15.06.09 (resized).jpg2020-03-05 15.06.09 (resized).jpg2020-03-04 12.35.33 (resized).jpg2020-03-04 12.35.33 (resized).jpg2020-03-09 10.24.49 (resized).jpg2020-03-09 10.24.49 (resized).jpg2020-03-06 11.42.59 (resized).jpg2020-03-06 11.42.59 (resized).jpg2020-03-16 09.51.05 (resized).jpg2020-03-16 09.51.05 (resized).jpg2020-03-16 17.40.08 (resized).jpg2020-03-16 17.40.08 (resized).jpg2020-03-10 11.39.15 (resized).jpg2020-03-10 11.39.15 (resized).jpg
#144 4 years ago

Jeez, I'm super tempted to get one.. How long is the estimated wait for a new buyer (full game not just the drop-in)?

#145 4 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Jeez, I'm super tempted to get one.. How long is the estimated wait for a new buyer (full game not just the drop-in)?

With the caveat that all production estimates are subject to the change due to the current virus situation, you're currently looking at probably 3-4 weeks for a new machine w/ Heist.

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#146 4 years ago

That mini playfield had more on it than some full games

#147 4 years ago

Imagine with the crane the games people can make now! I'm so excited for this as a game and for other people that want to tinker and create games!

#148 4 years ago

Yep, that playfield is packed, diverters and VUKs everywhere

#149 4 years ago

Super packed. 2 magnets, multiple diverters, a pop, bunches of stand-ups, 2 ramps and that crane! Extremely versatile and works perfectly. I've been amazed at how well.

My daughters have been playing pretty much non-stop today... I have to beg them to let me join in.

As far as making games with it... I might have an idea or two... But gotta finish one thing before moving to the next, haha!

#150 4 years ago

There's a side job where you are tasked with trapping a ball under the upper flipper... Instead of returning the ball to be re-shot like many games, the ball is actually safely tucked under the flipper - when the scoring is completed the flipper pops up and out comes your ball.

It's like magic and would be better expressed in a video by someone who can play well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Meriden, CT
There are 862 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heist-revealed-by-multimorphic/page/3?hl=davisjl1979 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.